Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Final Fantasy: The Chronicle Of Odin

Nations

a part of “Final Fantasy: The Chronicle Of Odin”, a fictional universe by Sonicx00.

Time of peace comes to an end for Celnaria once more as the threat returns. Eight adventurers will become the hero of this age... yet the path will not be easy

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Final Fantasy: The Chronicle Of Odin”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Nations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:31 pm

That's right if you've played FF9 and familiar with Lindblum then you may enjoy Alexander... It has an extremely similar structure. Now in Celnaria in the present it is seen as the trade city being the city where most merchants travel to sell there goods. In addition it also holds most of the main guild halls excluding the Lancer guild. As big cities are, they also have slums which one can't always complain when there but it is as bad as Alexander gets... Know it is now held as a landsmeet which is still ruled by the Alexander family's Duke. This is where your adventures begin.

Current Duke: Kael Alexander (Age: 40)

Alexander Map = http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... 1366681496

BGM = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xthx7v1lz4

Dawn Gate – The gate that leads out to Ahn'Verian territory and into upper Alexander.
Luna Gate – The gate that leads into the mountains of Garrom and into Western Slums of Alexander.
Solar Gate – The gate that leads into the drylands and into Eastern slums of Alexander.

West Slums - Although only the western part of the slums, It is said to be one of the more dangerous areas in the beautiful city. Although well kept, It could be most notably that darkest guilds reside here and the most dangerous taverns...Although as grim as described.. It is no secret that it is here that greatest blacksmiths reside and where materials for such craftsmanship are delivered.

East Slums – A bit more residential among the poorer folks of town. This is where the lowest reside trying to work their way up in the duchy. Although considered comparably to us in reality as lower middle class, these hard working folks do their best around the slums. Notibly in these part of town resides many lower artist and decently kept taverns/restaurants. It is also said that many farmers during off season reside in this part of the city making profit better when it comes to selling their crops. One noticable observation is that the east tend to dislike the west calling it a “dangerous” place. It is unproven whether this theory is true or not...

Upper Alexander- The true middle class of the city, no merchants in this area but there are indeed taverns and main halls of guilds. Here is where the Mercenery guild resides. Another noticable aspect is the fact that very few merchants and stores sell here.. The most famous store here is an Alchemy one. This could be seen as the upper class residential area yet the true business core is “Central Alexander”

Central Alexander – Central Alexander, where merchants , businesses and artistic guilds alike are here. This is where many of the towns people come for events, social life, fun and excitement. In town square is where most of the events begin and where our beloved beastmaster guild is hosting the festival. Aside from merchants in the middle (excluding the beginning of the RP). There are shops, restaruants, taverns and inns. This is often where upper class citizens come to shop, dine and socialize... yet to everyone these are where special events are held.

Port Alexander – A very small residential area along with holding the airship station. It's not entirely big but does give a good view of the city. Only a few people live here and often they're close to being nobles...

Noble Quarter – The area in which the duke's manor is. In addition, the military barracks resides here, highly defending the nobles whom live among them. The military aren't considered noble standing but Its no secret that they're able to reside here. The nobles often dislike the idea yet some are rather grateful. The nobles have very expensive shops, Inns. taverns and hold a grand theatre for Alexander's dancer's and artist to preform for them.– Nobles rarely step foot outside of the Noble quarters and often prefer for those lower class to stay out.

Although you can't see the tree of course, this is how I visualize Vidaria, This picture shows a bit more sunlight then Imagine but structure and pathing relates. Anywhere from the city you'd be able to see the tree/mage college. The town currently is at peace yet they've been dealing with the forest's creatures becoming more violent over the years for some unanswered reason.

Current High Priestess: Neena Mhvora (Age: 200)

Vidarian Map = http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... 1366681563

BGM = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Q3GMCPJQM

Wyvern's Gate – The Western entrance of Vidaria leading into the enchanted forest.
Treant's Gate – The eastern forest leading into the Enchanted forest.

West Vidaria - West Vidaria could be said to be the market place of this town. It is where traders go when they visit and often where travelers leave from. It is also here where the town's chocobo stable resides. There are only but a few residents that are here and most are family owned shops and businesses. Although relatively one of the busiest and social part of town. This is also seen to be where the port resides for the airship.

East Vidaria – East Vidaria is where most of the town's people reside. Often you'll see this being a neighborhood with a couple of taverns and inns. Although mostly calm, at night it is quite a beautiful place with many ways of information... Crafting guilds are held in this part of town, letting those learn among the finest weavers. Often this is the part of town in which merchants come from if they sell cloth yet since the forest's increase of violent population, it has become harder to achieve it and often farms are made inside the walls of the town.

North Vidaria – The second level and probably the largest part of the city... The high priestess resides in a temple that is in back of goes the tree. That being said its not just the areas you see. This is also a very highly populated area that mixes up East and West. On Northeast Vidaria, The lancer guild's hold is there as well as the Mercenary guild's branch. The taverns are slightly better then those of east but equal and on par with each other in the west, they however never argue or scheme against one another seeing they aren't competing. The alchemy and conjurer's guild resides on the Northeast side of town.

Gaia (Mage College) – The mage's college... relatively a large college that could nearly be called a city inside the tree itself. It climbs going in a spiral as those whom enter start in the middle and have the choice to descend or ascend. Once you enter, you will see the secretaries and offices. If you ascend you will pass some of the classes and schools and eventually will hit the dorm. This making it easy – Students are taught the ability to touch a glyph on the side of the wall to teleport among these levels. If you descend – You will hit the libraries which nearly alll Vidarian's have access too. If you continue eventually you'll hit the sanctuary of certain arts and going further brings you to the forbidden area of the council of Mages.

The kingdom is large and stands strong yet in the walls, After the king died – It all came to a new rule finally of a different name and interestingly ran by a queen.. She is strong yet there are doubts going around the kingdom. Yet as every age and time it comes down to 50/50. Will this bring yet another civil disaster or will she control it?

Current Ruler: Queen Sara'veilan (Age:85)

Ahn'veria map = http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/KazIm ... 6.png.html

BGM = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOtToLbDVoM

Knight's Gate – The west entrance of Ahn'veria

Orgon's Gate – The east entrance of Ahn'veria

West/East Ahn'veria- West and East Ahn'veria are seen to be quite the same excluding their different leads. They're both highly business active, It is rare to see a family not work in these parts. Ahn'verian society. The guild branches are spread among the city. Mostly could be said that the Mercenary guild's branch is in West Ahn'Veria.

Port Ahn'veria – Although relatively like West and East... this part of town is more residential. It also holds cargo ships not only airships.

The Noble District – The noble's district is seen quite similar to the one in Ahn'veria and could very well be the reason the Noble quarter is this way. The noble district hold's the highest standing and is obviously where the castle is. The people of this town often are ones to vote and be brought into the council holding high standings in the city. Naturally and most likely it is the elves who take these roles of living here... Only but a few humans families hold such a status in Ahn'veria. It is only because civil order is fair that most of the towns people do not complain.. only those greedy accuse the system of being corrupt.

Ahn'verian Castle – The home of the queen and the barracks of the Knights that reside in Ahn'veria. This is probably one of the heaviest guarded areas compared to any nation's city. Although very beautiful and only a few other people working under the queen directly live here... It can also be heard as very quiet. The atmosphere is dark if not chilling especially around the queen herself.

Garrom continues to progress yet there is a darker intention that the newest mayer has. It is currently unknown if the intentions are his own or not but he currently has ideals of expansion. It is said that even though he knows it is a republic, he wants to rule completely and limit the power of which people have. The people have noticed a slight darkness that covers the Mayor yet try to not speak badly of him. He has not acted yet so they themselves will not act either...

Current Mayor: Rick Farrick (Age: 50)

Garrom map = http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... 1366681538

BGM = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGQzaI4rdVU

Glory Bridge – The only way in and out of the mountaineous city, No one is allowed in or out after midnight among Celnarian time.

North Garrom – In this city, you'll notice this part of town being quite residential and social. There are a lot of traveling merchant stalls yet not a lot of local businesses in this area. This is also where their slums are. The nastiest taverns (as in mean) and probably the best place for information.

South Garrom – Where business flourishes is in the southern part of town. This includes nicer taverns, restaraunts and entertainment. In addition many guilds branches reside here. One highly noticable thing of the city is their use of steam which is obviously highly shown in Port but mostly due to their business it is here. The first airship was made in this part of town.. A important factor is that the Mayor's building is in the middle of this section of town.

Port Garrom – Where the airship and few residential areas reside. It isn't very populated in this area and rarely does this include crime.

THE CONTINENTAL MAP

A few things before you look at this map and say "So I'm here exactly"

I did my best to shape the map how I have it... I didn't have to add colors/detail but i did anyways... but don't go entirely off that either... If I could I'd much rather scan my hand-drawn map because i prefer those so much better. Alas I do not have a scanner so I did what i could for you guys...

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... 1366593431

This is currently the map of the continent of Celnaria... Not perfect but It gives the shape...

As you see North west is Garrom, East of that is "Cleyridia's territory (No longer). Down in the lightest plains is Ahn'veria and the dark area represents the forest of Vidaria.

If you look closely you'll see a badly drawn tree which is where Vidaria stands.. I was too far into it to go back to it ... The area that is kinda divided with the forest should be plains but again - too far to go back and fix it.

Ahn'veria is surrounded mostly by hills and plains as I hope you can see... North among the borders should be mountains...

Garrom is snowy mountains, forest and a small area of a plains... Overall mountains as shown...

To describe the borders

Green = Ahn'Veria
light blue = Vidaria
Red = Garrom
Purple = Alexander
Pink = Uncontrolled Territory

Down on the lower left corner - Is the canyon and the small desert areas...

Anyways sorry If i suck at map making but I hope it was helpful.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!