Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Enigma Phantasma

The Enigma Phantasma

a part of “The Enigma Phantasma”, a fictional universe by Mir.

Keepers; the people responsible for upholding the order and peace between the worlds of magic and humanity. When disaster strikes, a group of novice Keepers find themselves tasked with responsibilities they weren’t quite prepared to handle. . . .

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Enigma Phantasma”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Enigma Phantasma

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:43 pm

To those who are not done with character creation, how is progress coming along?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mir on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Okay, so honestly, I was trying to come up with this whole complex plot and setting for this roleplay, but I decided to trash all of it. It's not worth trying to do--I want this roleplay to boil down to just being relatively simple, fun and driven by our characters. General plot deals with the characters and their own development, struggles and characterization.
"I am here, headed forward into a tomorrow that will bring with it a new me. Someone who is different from the me of today."
Skype ID: jakuri-chan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mir
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:04 am

Best way to see it is that as a GM you can direct certain key events and such but at the same time let the characters be open to development and such.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apocalyptic_Tea on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:07 am

Me and Chro should have the twins up by Monday at the latest, assuming there aren't any unforeseeable circumstances occurring in the next 48 hours. XP

(also I haven't actually said hello yet in this ooc. So hello)

Apocalyptic_Tea
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boku541090 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:34 pm

I can't join ;c

boku541090
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mir on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Okay so, I've been doing some thinking in the last couple of days regarding some setup for magic and whatnot, a bit of an explanation regarding it and why it is we can have races like Witches or Wizards who are fundamentally the same as human as far as biology goes, but are capable of using magic unlike everyday humans. This an explanation that will extend over all creatures and races capable of magic too, but it is not character altering in any way, it's just an explanation for things.

I'll be creating an OOC thread regarding information like this shortly, and the full explanation for everything will be provided there.

Mir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mir on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:50 pm

All right, I'll have Rozenn finished Wednesday. I apologize for how long this has been taking to get off the ground.

Mir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mir on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:02 am

All right, so it's highly likely that this will see some sort of starting post come Saturday evening--if everyone's still in on this, please leave a post here in the OOC within the next two days. I know my Rozenn is not technically completed, but the most important sections of her are done, and she will be done within the next few days.

Mir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KingJuggalo on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Yup, I is here. I'll get me character done asap. :O)
ImageImageImageImage

KingJuggalo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm still here, too. Just waiting for the go-ahead to post; I may also try to write some stuff up on dragons for the informational thread.

Dynamite
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rann on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Still here, just chilling like a boss.
Screwface Romeo wrote:
Conservatism is like a B-17 bomber that's been shot full of holes. It's plummeting headlong towards the ground, where it will crash and explode and die. The Republican Party and their ilk are just the one crazy turret gunner who refuses to believe that he's crashing, and is blazing away with his guns at anyone and anything that gets near him, even his own allies. Eventually, he will crash, and we can move on with our lives.

Rann
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:17 am

I'm still here, working on other rps as we wait.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mir on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Okay, so, I'm going to be honest here with everyone and say that I'm very heavily swayed to actually work on reposting this whole roleplay after possibly rewriting the intro of it to include a ton of information that decided to make itself known to me two weeks after I made this thing. Seriously, I thought up a ton of information regarding the magical world as a whole, the whole matter of where magic even comes from, how it works, why humans can't use it, and just so much in general that it might wind up better if I made a fresh go of things--I'm sorry for this. Honestly, I am, I've been trying to pull myself back out of this whole long creative hiatus thing I had going on, and I'm finally getting out of that mess. . . .

So, yeah, I am more than likely going to repost this roleplay under a new name, with the a similar introduction to it, but a definitely more detailed background and information regarding the mechanics of magic and all that. If any of you want to retain a position in the repost, I'd more than accept that, if you want to call it quits with me and the roleplay because, as a GM, I've been rather wishy-washy, I'll more than understand that. But, if you still do want in on this, post here and when I get a redux up, I'll auto-reserve your slots for you and either post a notification of the roleplay's redux here, or I'll PM you.

Mir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:50 pm

I'd like to keep a slot! :)

Dynamite
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rann on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Still in.

Rann
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:39 pm

I'm still here. You can do w/, not much events going on anyways.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mir on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Okay, so I'm trying to bring sense back into things, but you know what? I'm going to be asking for input from everyone here, if you don't mind contribution and such, I want the backdrop of the roleplay to make sense to all of us, so, honestly, it might be better if I ask everyone here for input, ideas and such, to help construct something more logical than what I've come with on my own--I think it works, but, I'd rather have help building something than go it completely alone?

Mir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Well, what do you need ideas on? I can answer questions and all, but starting from this point alone, I'd be afraid of not even knowing where to begin. So maybe if you told us exactly what you're looking to develop?

Dynamite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mir on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:48 pm

Yeah, I'm calling this off for a while. I hit a bad phase. = =

Mir
Member for 11 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!