Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Trails of the Triumvirate

a part of “Trails of the Triumvirate”, a fictional universe by Glory.

The world of Lyte changed forever when the dragons became extinct. 400 years later, a secret order known as the Draconic Vigil revealed that they are in possession of dragon eggs. A chance to start over, with humans and dragons working in harmony!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Trails of the Triumvirate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:52 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Trails of the Triumvirate"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Glory
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Recruiter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Trails of the Triumvirate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bfb_monster on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Ok.. This has to be one of the coolest roleplays EVER! Outstanding work my friend ;) I'm going to make a character as fast as possible :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bfb_monster
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WholesomeBURN on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Likewise! Is magic allowed? I was thinking of making a militant warmage guardian but I don't wanna make a magic-dependant character only to be told there isn't magic here.
All you need to do is get with your group of friends, relax, lean back in your chair, bring a juice box up to your lips, and say "So, how about them mudkips?"

WholesomeBURN
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:13 pm

bfb_monster wrote:Ok.. This has to be one of the coolest roleplays EVER! Outstanding work my friend ;) I'm going to make a character as fast as possible :D

Thank you I appreciate it :) Though it's still a work in progress! The first post will be posted this coming Friday.

WholesomeBURN wrote:Likewise! Is magic allowed? I was thinking of making a militant warmage guardian but I don't wanna make a magic-dependant character only to be told there isn't magic here.

I know I haven't gone much into this, but magic in this world comes in the form of magical artifacts. Own the artifact, own its effects. Most of the magic in the world is passive abilities, like for instance "The Dozen Door" owned by the Draconic Vigil is a magical artifact. It's a vault that has to be opened a special way, otherwise you get a wall. Things inside the Door don't succumb to time. Here's a picture of it!

Now obviously the thing can't be moved unless it is dismantled and reassembled. This is how many of the artifacts are: to large too carry. There are a few smaller ones with differing effects. If you want to talk about it, we can come up with an artifact your character possesses.

Glory
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Recruiter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WholesomeBURN on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:18 pm

No in-born magic then eh? I will alter my character accordingly, now he is just going to be a tactician and rear-guard officer. Also, how large are the whelps going to be?

WholesomeBURN
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Where I come from, whelps are puppies :P I'm pretty sure you don't mean those. What do you mean by whelp?

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WholesomeBURN on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:27 pm

The baby dragons. Hatchlings are when a dragon is fresh outta the egg, a whelp is when it is old enough to actually be a threat to anything (think like a five-year old kid), then you have juvenile, then a young-adult, then an adult, then an old dragon, then you have a Wyrm, and then a Great Wyrm. Sorry by the way, I know not you probably don't follow this system of aging for dragons but still this is the best system I know of so I tend to use terminology from it.

WholesomeBURN
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby suffacate on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm very interested in joining, even though I haven't read over the entire thing yet. I'll be sure to do that when I get some free time, and also make a character as well. ^.^
I'm an experienced roleplayer and have used this site for over 3 years. This is just a new start, and a new account.

suffacate
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:17 pm

I like that system. Though I think for this it will be:

Hatchling --> Whelp --> Juvenille --> Young-adult --> Adult --> Elder

The size of the whelp, as with all stages, differ between species, though it's more noticeable at later ages. For a blue dragon, a whelp is comparable to the size of a large dog (no including wingspan).

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WholesomeBURN on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Ok! Thanks! I am for the most part done making my character, I just need to upload two pictures, one of this guy in his armor and then another of just his head(portrait), take a look at it and tell me what you think so far, if you want me to change anything let me know and I will not hesitate.

WholesomeBURN
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Cannot wait to start ^ ^. Will have my character done by tonight or tomorrow.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:42 pm

WholesomeBURN wrote:Ok! Thanks! I am for the most part done making my character, I just need to upload two pictures, one of this guy in his armor and then another of just his head(portrait), take a look at it and tell me what you think so far, if you want me to change anything let me know and I will not hesitate.

One thing I noticed that I also forgot to explain, so it's my bad!

It is unknown how the Draconic Vigil select their candidates. They seem to have knowledge of the most random people, but they all fit the part in some way. People think they have some way of divining who would be the best for them. So when you said "the higher ups in the Draconic Vigil saw how useful he is", you're talking about something your character can't possibly known. No one knows why they were chosen until they arrive. Does that make sense?

Also, just a aesthetic change I would make... I would change the answers in the red section to black (just type outside the code). Makes the answers pop a bit more. Also down in the blue section, "Personality" is colored.

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby suffacate on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:05 am

Alright, so after reading this, I was debating on making a guardian character...but then I decided that I'd like to add some conflict in the story.

So I was thinking that perhaps I could make a character, hired by the Dragon Hunters, who goes after the Guardians to either get rid of the eggs somehow, (stealing, bribing, etc.) or if that's not successful, end up just trying to rid of the Guardians themselves. They'd be a sort of....hired thief/assassin I suppose, though they don't exactly side with the Dragon Hunters, they're mostly doing it because of the payment, and I suppose they could have their mind changed (if anyone can convince him/her).

Of course, this is just a rough idea, and if it doesn't work with the story, I'll think of something else, haha.

suffacate
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Sounds like that could be interesting! And just reminding you that you can make more than one character. So if you wanted to make a Guardian character too, you could.

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Alright I went ahead an accepted a few of the applications I saw. I didn't put up the ones that weren't finished though.

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esramir on Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Looks very good, and I definitely want to be a part of it! I just published my character, but I also just read here that the Guardians shouldn't know why they were chosen, and for my character it would be kind of obvious, being his studies on dragons. Should I change that to make it less straight-forward? Also, I've noticed, until now all characters have blue dragons, including mine, and I could change that to add a little flavor to the variety, if you'd like. Anyway, congratulations on the roleplay, really good work!

Esramir
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:29 pm

Esramir wrote:Looks very good, and I definitely want to be a part of it! I just published my character, but I also just read here that the Guardians shouldn't know why they were chosen, and for my character it would be kind of obvious, being his studies on dragons. Should I change that to make it less straight-forward? Also, I've noticed, until now all characters have blue dragons, including mine, and I could change that to add a little flavor to the variety, if you'd like. Anyway, congratulations on the roleplay, really good work!

No you don't have to change anything :P My character has a Green dragon, and I know of another person who has a red dragon. It's perfectly fine if more people want blue dragons. They can also make another Guardian character if they want a different color!

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Turbocs on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:08 pm

Okay, I submitted a character and it is all finished. If there is anything that needs to be/should be changed, feel free to tell me.

Turbocs
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:44 pm

Alright, first post went up a little earlier than expected! Sorry that it's a long read, but it has a bunch of vital information! My posts after this will not be anywhere that long; I usually like to post somewhere in the 100-400 range. It's all about what you're comfortable with people.

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:50 am

Finally finished up my character. I will edit if need be.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!