Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

If Germany had won the war...

If Germany had won the war...

a part of “If Germany had won the war...”, a fictional universe by shmband.

What would life be like for young men and woman in a world 70 years after a Nazi victory?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “If Germany had won the war...”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: If Germany had won the war...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby conor on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:36 am

AmbrosiaVAC wrote:So I'm giving the unfortunate Darren Hanley another princess to deal with

Excellent :D
Never before have so many come together from all quarters of the galaxy. But never before have we faced an enemy such as this. The Reapers will show us no mercy. We must give them no quarter. They will terrorize our populations. We must stand fast in the face of that terror. They will advance until our last city falls, but we will not fall. We will prevail. Each of us will be defined by our actions in the coming battle. Stand fast. Stand strong. Stand together. Hackett out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

conor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Genetic disorder would, I imagine, be seen as unacceptable, and babies would probably be aborted as soon as they were detected.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:59 pm

I assumed as much, I'm considering an individual from an otherwise very genetically flawless family that is somehow...off. They're not as good as they should be, and the family are terrified that there's something wrong and are desperate to try and hide it in case it's something genetic that wasn't picked up, as they've always done well on being in the 95 per cent purity range.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Ok interesting. Remember there's two threshholds, most people meet and marry in the normal way by only if they pass the 75% rules. There's a computer which searches randomly for people with 95% or better compatibility, and when it finds a match it sends an automatic letter to inform them they MUST produce offspring together. The computer will only ever match people who are in the same country.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Yeah, I have read back in that sense. In essence I was thinking the family line are incredibly proud of this background, have a very extensive trace back in their family history, a nd in that sense have absolutely no problem with arranged marriage, they buy into it totally as they prioritize being strong and hardy and naturally assume that the scheme has ensured they'll remain that way. They might've attended the academy in previous generations and gotten acknowledgement of excellence in athletics and things like that. Probably no high ranking nazi ancestors, but they've probably been militarily inclined.

So when they're presented with offspring that, while being apparently brilliant genetically but not really very hardy in practice the relations start getting extremely cagey about it, thinking something must be wrong. This might not even be the case, but they're frightened about how it reflects them. The character in question is probably less concerned, thought not subversive I don't imagine.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmbrosiaVAC on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Might I ask what fighters the Luftwaffe in this would be flying?
"Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings."

AmbrosiaVAC
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby conor on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:36 pm

I was just going to take the model of the Eurofighter Typhoon and call it a Messerschmidt Adler :P

conor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:27 pm

oh man all the interesting stuff is going in back here. Sadly I feel so fifth wheelish for not having something of importance to contribute to this discussion.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:32 am

@VH: Sounds intriguing, so by all means do it. Everyone's more than welcome to create an additional character, but in addition to creating someone interesting, try to think what they may contribute to the story. I'm well aware Luke is a slightly bland character, but I've got him there so I can introduce student perspective events, and as a reminder that only some of the students at Kolonia are military elite! ;-) Obviously even now in Kalvis' class there are a dozen or so other student who are just ordinary young men and women, who will have done military service but will otherwise be going on to do civilian jobs like engineering, IT, store managements and chartered accountancy.

@Conor and Ambrosia: Nazi airforce would have relatively advanced fighters, since after all they did have the first jet fighter in our universe! I'm happy with your suggestion, so they would look something like this but maybe add harrier style vertical landing capability and extra long range targetting. Bear in mind that the Nazis have not been involved in any major armed conflict for over half a century, so as much as their armed forced are technologically advanced and well trained, they will not have had any real combat experience. I will be adding some lore to the intro page soon about something called the 'orbitway', and the Nazis also have very big, building sized airborne battlestations, as well as huge hovercraft.

@Everyone: I'm gonna hold off posting now just so Oren can get a post in, and Klaus if he likes, and I'll be back this evening.

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:10 pm

Im very interested in this rp, wondering if I could submit a character. If not thats cool, kudos for an original idea.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Thanks, working on an app. I was gone most of the day but will have post and app ready by next afternoon hopefully.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:01 am

Hey ShyFox, you're very welcome to submit à character. Have a look at the ones we've already got an try not to creat anyone too similar, I'm sure there's niches in the story yet to be filled. :)

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby conor on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:14 pm

It's just gone 11PM here so i'm heading to bed. If we haven't made any progress when I wake up I might make a bit of a filler post and see if I can bring the class closer to an ending time?

conor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmbrosiaVAC on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:29 pm

I'm waiting for you guys to post so I can get everything into my response so...

Waiting on you all xD.

AmbrosiaVAC
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:20 am

well I believe that I've said enough for class. Time to sit in my corner and be reclusive *curls up at desk*

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:44 am

I'm waiting on replies from Alexandra and Oren at least, then I'll wind class up and move things along.

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:05 am

'pologies, I'm rather behind as I have somehow gotten an infection in my mouth and been in a really impressive amount of pain for the last 2 or three days. Been to doctor yesterday and dentst today and hopefully have the wherewithal to sort it out, antibiotics and stuff, and might feel more creative and less ratty in a day or two.

Just thought I'd let you all know I'm still on board.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:18 pm

Ouch. Hope you are okay, Vitamin.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:18 am

I feel pretty gross right now tbh, compoundd by the fact that I can't eat anything but antibiotics seem to be working.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:03 pm

That sucks. Still, at least you're improving.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!