Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

The Garden: An Arcadian Boneyard

Arcadian Asylum

a part of “The Garden: An Arcadian Boneyard”, a fictional universe by duramon.

A high fantasy, semi-apocalyptic, guild-based, evolving adventure epic set in a world called The Garden. The games have begun and The Nameless are attempting to rise again, however this time, they have your help.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Garden: An Arcadian Boneyard”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Arcadian Asylum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Haha! For the first time in like three posts I finally got the location right. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ankti
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ritnio on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:49 pm

I would like to clarify the reasoning behind Aera's..."outburst"

Really, she is being torn in two. One half is overcome by emotion and shock while the other, anger. As she tries to make sense of what is happening in her head, she snaps. She couldn't take the emotions which were flooding into her body after having been devoid of them for so long.

To make sense of it all, the only thing she could do was to make real what is real and discard that which is not. Knowing the room was just an illusion or trick, she thinks and hopes the figure is one as well.

And how do you make sure a hologram isn't a hologram? By hitting it. If hitting it works, then it is real, if it doesn't work then it is false. She isn't the kind to become violent under pressure or the kind who solves everything with force. Under normal circumstances, she would think and analyze then act. That is not the case this time. With emotions clouding her thoughts and her own half being against her... she just couldn't take it. If she weren't the freak she was, this event would probably have turned her into a lunatic. Her will would have been broken and so would her spirit, knowing that she had been living a lie.

She acted the way she did because it was all she could do in her current state of emotional/schizophrenic melt down. I hope that this helped explain why she did what she did. I do not wish for anybody to take what I wrote the wrong way and come out with an incorrect impression. Also, if there is any more clarification needed, please tell me. I know I'm horrible at explaining things XD
Bet you were expecting something. Too bad there is nothing! Well, besides my words...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ritnio
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Streamwatcher Recruiter Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Are Ankti and I the only ones left? D:

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NobodiesHiiro on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:46 am

Nah, I'm around. Just somewhat, eh, from real life problems. Working on a post for the thing, day or so, and I'll have it up. Just getting my dads estate settled has got me drained.

NobodiesHiiro
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:10 am

I'm still around. Just awaiting something to respond to. Posts only move so fast sadly.
If there is a signature here it is because the author probably forgot to disable it before posting.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:59 am

I'm still alive too, just didn't have much time to write a post between the experiment reports I had to write. If I can find the time I'll try and get a post up tonight.
Death came to town.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:05 am

I am around, I'm just holding off my first post for a while because I felt like an introduction of a new character at this point would be a little off and may interrupt the scene you guys got going on at the moment.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:59 pm

the post is up. I'm not really content with it, but I really wanted to get it done before I turned in for the night. So enjoy my longest post so far.(I would probably have rewritten it if I wasn't so damn tired, but I don't want to make you guys wait for another few days)

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NobodiesHiiro on Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:47 am

I'm not particularly happy with mine. It's better than the first several drafts, but I still wanted to scrap it. I couldn't get everything I wanted to work, but this one at least flows okay. Eh, too much of a perfectionist I guess.

Didn't want to keep you all waiting any longer though.

NobodiesHiiro
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ritnio on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:01 pm

Is this place dead or something?

Ritnio
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Streamwatcher Recruiter Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:39 pm

We're all waiting on dura I think. But I'm really busy too. I'll try to post something this week.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:15 am

Sorry all, I'm here and what-not. I'm trying to piece together a post in between study, homework, and school-time however It's going to take awhile longer. Everythings kinda crazy lately even in my personal life as stated earlier so I'm having to prioritize properly for once, and unfortunately school comes first. I've read all of your posts and I'm trying to get it all together, it's just difficult with so much work.
Life is merely a puzzle,and every being,every object,every speck of existence. Is but a small piece of an infinitely expanding picture.

My OTP, TheXenomorph1 X Pika_Girl

duramon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:39 am

FYI, I'm going to be moving this week. My internet it going off tomorrow night, and I will most likely not have internet back until Friday. Also, I'm starting a new job next week, so I might be a little out of touch for a while, but I'll try to get on when I can.

Ankti
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:34 am

So study, personal life and my dead muse have severely impacted on my GMing for a long time at this point. I'm still interested in continuing this RP and seeing it to its end, however I'm just really drained and without a fresh muse for this particular RP. I'm suspecting even any muse I hold for other RP's I'm in are simply because they do not require pre-meditated thought or constantly build the world as I go.

Despite my love for doing so I shall be needing at this point a tribute for the hunger gam-....no wrong thing.

Essentially to help me out, to push the story along and be fair to the rest of you as well as have this still going when I can't do so myself. I'd like to ask for a volunteer to essentially co-gm this with me, to brain-storm idea's and write posts and generally just lend me a hand and be a part of that process so that this can continue at a decent pace and we can all continue to enjoy this RP without it going dead due to simply my own actions.

I'll try my best as I have been to do as much as I can and write posts etc. but I truly need a hand to be lent, the world is open to interpretation and to be built and as long as it co-exists with the world and within its restraints I'm very open. That's about it, just a general ask for a favour and status update once more.

I apologise you guys have been waiting so insanely long and how unfair I've been to you all.

duramon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:30 am

I'll fill that role, partner. Just let me know the direction, idea and what you think will help when you get a moment to either send me a private message or quick message me.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 am

If you want I could also help with the creative side, while I tend to avoid playing characters others have created(Because I hate portraying a character even slightly different than it's creator would have wanted), I can help with worldbuilding, plotlines, and just general brainstorms. In which world building is my favourite(sometimes even more so than the actual RPing) and since I am acquainted with the source material I have a good basis to start the building process from. So if you want I can help you with the pre-meditated thoughts, world building and plot/character progression.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:17 am

Cheers to the both of you, I think we have an RPGwrite somewhere in the OOC's recesses and what-not that could be useful. I hope we can continue this soon and get things back up and running.

duramon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NobodiesHiiro on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:36 am

There is. It's on page two of this ooc, or you can get it here.

http://write.roleplaygateway.com/p/Arcadian%20Boneyard

NobodiesHiiro
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ritnio on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Did something happen? How come nothing has been posted? Does dura need help?

Ritnio
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 pm

So... It's been quite a while now and I wondered how many of you still are watching this RP? And beyond that it would be nice to not look at a messege from 9 days ago as the latest messege.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!