Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

The Garden: An Arcadian Boneyard

Arcadian Asylum

a part of “The Garden: An Arcadian Boneyard”, a fictional universe by duramon.

A high fantasy, semi-apocalyptic, guild-based, evolving adventure epic set in a world called The Garden. The games have begun and The Nameless are attempting to rise again, however this time, they have your help.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Garden: An Arcadian Boneyard”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Arcadian Asylum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:49 pm

I check up on this to see if its been revived every now and then haha.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm still around. I finally have reliable internet again, and have (some) free time to write posts.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ankti
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:31 am

Essentially, due to this year deciding my whole life and me really needing to do well so I can be with the girl of my dreams. I need to focus alot of my time on that, whilst I may have time for smaller projects and JOINING Rp's (atleast later), I'm finding running a decidedly larger project like this and coming up with sizeable gm posts and what-not almost impossible, especially with my muse being so fickle.

I'm happy to add GM's and let people sort of, continue and give them an overview of the RP's original pathway. I may offer assistance and plot help at times when I'm able to do some GMing here and if things pan out well and I get more free time and muse for this RP I may rejoin at least as a player in full (Wouldn't want people to work hard and GM etc. just for me to come back and take over so rudely.), although I may be posting every now and again anyway as I check on how things are going.

I posted earlier asking for help, but as of now I am changing that here. What this RP needs is a few dedicated players who can help, even as a creative team, to keep this running as GM's. I will offer what assistance I can,but that is essentially what this needs.
Life is merely a puzzle,and every being,every object,every speck of existence. Is but a small piece of an infinitely expanding picture.

My OTP, TheXenomorph1 X Pika_Girl

duramon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ritnio on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 am

I'll gladly volunteer anyway I can!
Bet you were expecting something. Too bad there is nothing! Well, besides my words...

Ritnio
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Streamwatcher Recruiter Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Of course my offer to help as much as I can still stands too.
Death came to town.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 pm

I would love to help. I'm still sort of settling in at my new job, but I probably have about an hour a day that I can use to write. I guess what we need now is a little direction. Maybe something like an outline, or a timeline. Nothing detailed, but some bullet points about where things could be headed, what characters are involved and what their goals are.

Ankti
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

I've updated the notepad with some questions and some things that would be helpful for future planning. Duramon, if you have time, filling some of it out would be super helpful. If you can't answer in detail, simple, couple word answers will do. From that, if folks are ok with it, I can at least try and keep the active play around the characters going.

http://write.roleplaygateway.com/p/Arcadian%20Boneyard

Ankti
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:34 am

I'm working on a post now that is designed to kinda mix things up and get folks writing again, it should be up this morning. I'm going to try and get a series of them out over the next day or two. They will be kid of short, just some action for folks to respond to as they will. I'll address the characters in turn.

Edit: when it comes to reacting, it is probably best if folks follow the established posting order, and try to make sure you aren't completely dominating the action, so other folks in your 'area' can also have action.

Ankti
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm

It's been a while since I lasted posted here. Good to see this RP still coming along.
If there is a signature here it is because the author probably forgot to disable it before posting.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ritnio on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:50 pm

YAY!

I get to RP again! I went out and got some more writing experience...I still need to work on paragraph size and detail...but I've improved! At least I hope I did.

Nice to see you all again!

Yay!

Ritnio
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Streamwatcher Recruiter Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:16 pm

This is an advanced apology to NobodiesHiiro. Wayland is going to get tossed about a bit in the next post and you might not get a chance to do much with him. I promise things will turn around soon and he can get some action. :)

Ankti
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:39 pm

Dura,
If you want to try and do some posts for River I've give him a trial. If you don't have time just let me know.

Ankti
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Great to see some life back in this place, I'll probably conjure up a post as soon as I have the time to do so. Will probably end up being during the weekend that I find that time.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:35 pm

I'll post after school! So just to confirm, everything they're experiencing and fighting right now is a magical illusion? But others can see and experience other people's illusions now?

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:21 pm

The way I'm writing it, and I hope I haven't strayed too far form Dura's original plan, was that the illusions are custom for each person, but that does include some overlapping visions. It's mostly based on the pairs. So Pravus and Aera are seeing the same thing, Tiotio and Keres are seeing the same thing, Wayland and River are now seeing an altered version of the same thing, and Ivan is sort of in his own world.

Ankti
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Because Keres' magic is what warps and repels magic, could it be possible that she can't actually see what's happening and isn't entirely sure why everyone's fighting nothing? (Nothing to her, that is) Cause she "woke up" and shattered the illusion, which is why she demanded to leave (she's pissed).

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:02 pm

It sounds plausible to me, but you might want to wait and see what Dura says.

Ankti
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:31 pm

Ok, I'm going to make the call so you can write a post. I'll say yes, Layla, Keres could have broken through the illusion because of her elven magic. I think it will make for some interesting story to see what happens next.

Ankti
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Bit late but, yeah, she's kinda "Passed" by showing she has a moral side and can be kind of 'broken' morally and emotionally by something torturous or heart breaking, she isn't hollow or just 'evil'. Thus her own magic will have broken through if not already for this. She'll either sit there thinking people are fighting nothing, or be dropped back into the room from before (Which would now be torn up, kinda nasty and rather empty) to the real Aizen whom would simply talk to her and find out her motives.

Aizen kinda know's about the whole Apocalys/Evil Guild thing to an extent, the magical ward would keep out all of the info but he knows a bit. So them doing a mini-interview/ Aizen challenging her motives and trying to pry at some subconcious want to actually join a guild like the nameless, or be happy, etc. would be another interesting option.

Although entirely up to Ankti, Layla and others, I'm just offering side GM advice and info ;3

duramon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NobodiesHiiro on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Good to see this place coming back a bit. I'm not really "back" actually typing this right before Chemo, so probably wont be back on for a bit. Hah. I'm not dead yet though, I look forward to writing more when I'm able.

NobodiesHiiro
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!