Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Desert Pilgrims

The Desert Pilgrims

a part of “The Desert Pilgrims”, a fictional universe by Messiah.

In the wake of an alien invasion, humanity fights to regain a foothold in the Mojave desert.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Desert Pilgrims”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Desert Pilgrims

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:41 pm

Faith Fanon wrote:I've been busy as fuck all week.

Me too. I have a paper to do, and I've been struggling with it all week. Finally, I just kinda went "Fuck it. I'm going to write it about this, do what I need to for sourcing and whatever, turn it in, and get whatever grade I get."

I've also had stories and books to read, short essays to write, all for classes I'm in this quarter. It should be a little less stressful starting tomorrow... and maybe even tonight.
Check out Eastbound, a zombie apocalypse story I'm writing on my own.

I may actually get back to this, now that I'm here again. Stay tuned!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Messiah
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:41 am

I'm with you guys. I told Fox I would reply tonight and did not get the time.

Regardless, I wanted to state that I am in this RP for the long haul. As long as at least two of you stick around, I'll continue it. I'm not big on 1x1 so maybe I'd call it quits then, lol. I'm dealing with a busy patch too.

I'm glad I didn't over-extend myself and get into too many RPs here. I'm in one other RP besides this, and that is enough for my schedule right now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:38 pm

El_Gringo wrote:Regardless, I wanted to state that I am in this RP for the long haul. As long as at least two of you stick around, I'll continue it.

Good to hear. As am I. As long as people want to continue with this, I do too.

On a similar note, I have finally gotten around to making my next post. Phew! Sorry it took so long!

And on a completely unrelated topic. Anybody here into The Walking Dead? Did you catch last night's episode? I know there are people who (probably) aren't caught up, so I won't spoil it, but damn. That was probably one of the three best episodes of the series so far. Season four is turning out to be my absolute favorite season so far.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:26 am

1: I'm not caught up with the Walking Dead, so shut it!
2: I know I'm holding Gringo up, if no-one else. I hope to have a night to myself tomorrow and get it done.
3: I'm definitely still committed. I've never walked out on a game yet.

Sorry everyone

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fallacywonderland on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 am

Just for the record, Im also here to stay. It kinda works to my advantage that you're all busy because I am as well lol, ill probably post after the upcoming weekend. Need to host a party this weekend -___-

Also, I was actually disappointed in the TWD episode. Carl had a nice monologue but I did not believe a single word the actor said, he just isn't that great of an actor (yet?) not that there are many (any?) child actors that can deliver well. But otoh TWD never had that great acting lol. (dont get me wrong i still love the show)

fallacywonderland
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:04 pm

I hope I wasn't the only one unable to get on the site.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:23 am

It was widespread. I finally liked the facebook page for RPGateway, site was down for 4 days or so.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:30 am

A couple things...

First of all, I'm hoping to see people posting again soon. I know people are busy, but I don't want the RP to be held up for too long.

Second, I've added another thread in the OOC section of this RP where you can put up descriptions and pictures of various less important NPCs (like Jack or Zoey, for example).

I've put up a couple guidelines in the thread that I'd like you to follow when adding characters to that particular thread.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:30 am

I'm wondering about activity period. Can everyone post here? I know I've been a bit too, but the other RP I'm in, no one has come back since the site was down.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:28 pm

X3 I know Im so sorry Im just finally catching up after like four days of, RPG being down, and just busy working. Gringo Im gonna get our collab up this evening as soon as I can. Tomorrow Im going to be super busy with my brother going into the hospital, so I'll try to make sure it gets up tonight. I have also noticed allot of decline in rp posts in some of the other rp's I was in. And like you guys said I don't want this one to stall, sorry about the delay and I will get that post up as soon as Im done working. I babysit and I don't like to be trying to post when I should be paying attention to someone's child.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:39 pm

I hope what I put up is okay. Just trying to get things up and moving again.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:42 am

No worries. I'm just hoping that people start posting again, so we don't stagnate. I have a feeling that the downtime is partially responsible for the delay. Not just because of the downtime itself, but something like that makes it difficult to get up and moving again afterwards.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:42 pm

The site going down again didn't help. It was down on my days off, both times.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:06 pm

Unfortunately, Wonderland has informed me that they can't be part of this RP anymore, so I've decided to make Marina an NPC for now. I may do some editing to my most recent post to reflect this, and you can adjust accordingly.

I'm a little bit discouraged at the moment, I admit, but I'm going to do what I can to salvage it. I've updated the Interest Check for this a little bit, and I've also added a thread in the Roleplayers Wanted section. The goal is to get more people interested and joining up.

In the meantime, I'm still expecting posts from you guys, so keep at it.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 pm

I'm off the next two days [still doing things, but no work] so expect my responses by 0100 on Friday morning.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:38 pm

I replied in the write pad to Faith. Waiting on her now.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:11 am

Messiah if you want to get the plot moving you and I can just do it.

If not, let me know. I haven't heard from Faith for a while. I hope the site falling off won't be what kills this RP.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Yeah. Faith sent me a message saying that she's been busy lately and she might not be able to continue. I was holding out hope, but that combined with the downtime and other people dropping, I think she was finding it hard to move forward.

I've been fairly busy lately; I've had schoolwork and other writing projects that I'm working on, but I can move forward with this as much as possible. Unfortunately, as much as I want to see this go through to its conclusion, it seems like a steep hill to climb to achieve that.

Not that I'm giving up, but it'll be difficult.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm interested in drafting a character or two if this continues.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:41 pm

I'm here if others are. I like this rp,

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!