Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

And the Stars Revolted

And the Stars Revolted

a part of “And the Stars Revolted”, a fictional universe by The Adversary.

You are a citizen on the planet Dahl's Cradle, a world on the border of alien space. At least.. you were. When a ship comes crashing through the atmosphere, you couldn't have imagined the cargo it carried. Or what had followed it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “And the Stars Revolted”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

And the Stars Revolted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Got questions? Need answers? Give 'em here and I'll do my best to help you out.
Last edited by The Adversary on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Waltz made me do it.

"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us.. for science.. you monster." ~ GLaDOS, Portal 2

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: And the Stars Revolted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gh6st on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:29 pm

YOOOOOO

This looks really cool, i'll have a character up when I get home tonight :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gh6st
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Damn, I thought the Vortigaunts from Half-Life would be cooler appearances.

I've been craving science fiction for a while now, so I might join. You probably can even count on it.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:36 pm

This looks really interesting, but, and maybe I just missed it, why is there a rebellion against the shadowy organization? I mean I respect that possible moral grayness of not having them be evil psychopaths obsessed with power or greed, but they don't seem to have really done anything other than exist and be in power to warrant a resistance.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Lifecharacter wrote:This looks really interesting, but, and maybe I just missed it, why is there a rebellion against the shadowy organization? I mean I respect that possible moral grayness of not having them be evil psychopaths obsessed with power or greed, but they don't seem to have really done anything other than exist and be in power to warrant a resistance.

More of a principal in most cases. No one likes being controlled without knowing it; the difference between an accepted government and someone who just decided they'd assume control. You also reminded me of something I forgot to add in. Not sure how it slipped my mind. I was trying not to info dump in the character section, I guess among picking and choosing I overlooked putting that in. I'll go and add it in, though.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:52 pm

Hello all.
I'm The Adversary's partner in crime. If you have any questions about the Vyras feel free to ask, be it here or if you prefer PM me.

With that said, welcome.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:25 pm

This sounds good. I'll get a character up asap.

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Could you give us some details on Dahl's Cradle? I'd like to know about things like their government, wealth (and disparity), culture, and things like that to make sure my character's at least consistent with that.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RichterGotz on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:05 pm

I concur. Population centers, weapons technology (firearms or laser/plasma technology), etc. This kind of information would be great.
"I have learned that Anger and Will, joined together, are the greatest Power. I have learned to meditate Anger and Will with clarity and precision, and I have learned to open the hidden reservoirs of Dark Side Power." ―Palpatine, from The Book of Anger

RichterGotz
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Lifecharacter wrote:Could you give us some details on Dahl's Cradle? I'd like to know about things like their government, wealth (and disparity), culture, and things like that to make sure my character's at least consistent with that.

Sure, no problem. Not sure why I didn't put that, either. Don't know where my head's been today. I'll just start another OOC thread and drop it in there. Along the way I'll add more pertinent details as needed or.. as I remember to, apparently.

Edit:

Or frakking not. I forgot about the "you must submit a character to make a new topic in your own roleplay" thing. For now I'll just drop the Dahl's Cradle info right here, and once I get my character up I'll move it to the new thread.

Dahl's Cradle, second planet orbiting a yellow star called Rith Nli by the jin fo, is headed by a (relatively) small corporate conglomerate with centers of power seated in three cities on the planet's three continents. Utilizing the world's vast natural resources along with the star system's asteroid belt, the planet has a successful mining industry, which feeds into a powerful industrial sector that serves as the primary source of income from off world. As it stands, the majority of the world's workforce are employed either mining or in factories. The planet's not heavily polluted thanks to much cleaner processing. A large degree of which is done off world, as well. Roughly 30-35% of job opportunities are unrelated to the previously established two. There's a substantial well off middle class, people without jobs either choose not to work or can't - the former are nearly condemned and the latter provided for by the state. As it's a corporate planet, the very wealthy make the rules- and it can't be said that they're despotic.

As for culture, it's fairly multicultural; a melting pot planet. The most apparent in the mix are German, Chinese and Spanish. The planet itself is named after the benefactor who funded the colonization - as most human worlds founded these days are independent ventures. The actual company in control of Cradle is Van Zandt Group.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:17 pm

RichterGotz wrote:I concur. Population centers, weapons technology (firearms or laser/plasma technology), etc. This kind of information would be great.

Weapons tech is pretty simple. Most of human civilization uses slugs for ammunition in handheld weapons. Depleted uranium, generally. Firing mechanisms are based off railgun principals, allowing for increased accuracy, velocity and impact. Our usage of directed energy weaponry is limited to large scale platforms. Warships (which I'll make a more comprehensive list of, detailing specific notable classes) mostly.

The jin fo on the other hand do have plasma based firearms for use by individuals. They're very light, typically described as being almost "crystalline" in construction, and rarely found outside their territory save in the hands of law enforcement or soldiers.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:29 pm

So, to continue with questions, is there any recent history our characters should know about. Like, were there any wars or new planets settled or any other big event?

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:38 pm

What race are you planning, Life?

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Probably a human, potentially an AI android. Maybe one of each, I'm caught between two ideas at the moment.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:08 am

Lifecharacter wrote:So, to continue with questions, is there any recent history our characters should know about. Like, were there any wars or new planets settled or any other big event?

No new colonies at this point, no. Worlds like Dahl's Cradle and Mar Verde especially were funded during an expansionist boom a century and a half ago, and since then there's been little incentive for more terraforming, settling and industrialization. There was a military conflict between three planets: High Rock, Hyperion Landing and Oceanus over the rights to exploit a dense cluster of mineral rich planetesimals. It lasted a little more than a month. Hyperion Landing came out on top and secured the "cloud", while its competitors suffered substantial losses in the process, with both worlds' economies slipping into recession. What with the intermingling of politics and business, some worlds like Dahl's Cradle either decreased or outright severed commercial ties with them. The Cradle still conducts transactions with them, though fewer than before.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RichterGotz on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:07 pm

One last question before I finish my character up. Could you perhaps send me a link to where you found the pictures for the weapons you used in your character sheet? I would like to keep my character's weapons as "in-universe" looking as possible.

RichterGotz
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:38 pm

RichterGotz wrote:One last question before I finish my character up. Could you perhaps send me a link to where you found the pictures for the weapons you used in your character sheet? I would like to keep my character's weapons as "in-universe" looking as possible.

There, I really don't know what's going on with me lately. Ugh.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm going to make you feel worse: what's the name of the city on Dahl's Cradle where at least the beginning of this will be taking place? I assume we're not supposed to be scattered across the planet when Adamma crashes down.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Lifecharacter wrote:I'm going to make you feel worse: what's the name of the city on Dahl's Cradle where at least the beginning of this will be taking place? I assume we're not supposed to be scattered across the planet when Adamma crashes down.

West Bank. Named for its location on the western coast of its continent, right on the border of a large lagoon. It has a substantial skyline dominating an expansive ground level. Not very crowded, but a busy part of the planet's industrial sector nonetheless.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mathew Littlepaw on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Heeyy! :D So, um, could I make an AI character? ^u^ That would be like, superfantasticawesomepancakes!

Mathew Littlepaw
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!