Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Return to the Dark Ages

Announcements and Questions

a part of “Return to the Dark Ages”, a fictional universe by Miss Nomer.

After their existence is finally reaccepted in society, supernatural beings are forced into designated towns and areas by the government. Teraton is one such town.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Return to the Dark Ages”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Announcements and Questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:59 pm

This is where I will be posting announcements and the like. That being said, it is also the place to announce if you are going to be gone for a few days, if you have any questions, etc. I welcome input and such, which should also be posted in this thread. It'll basically be used for general housekeeping and all that jazz. Please stay tuned for any announcements. There should be some up shortly- along with a few topics on which I'd really appreciate input.
Hello, Sweetie.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Announcements and Questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:09 pm

So, I have a few questions for you all.
1) Would any of you be interested in creating character relationship sheets, or would you prefer that I post a thread for casual discussion, or is there another alternative you'd like?

2) If the species fill up, do you guys think we should stop there, or add new spots? As in, adding more roles for a specific species [I don't require the species to be balanced, amount-wise], or adding new species? This is kind of a 'just in case' question.

Also, as far as announcements go, I'd just like to let you all know that I've decided to accept characters that are still works in progress, so long as they have either
a) Reached the personality stage; or
b) Have filled in everything up until personality, and already have images and such formatted.

I'm opting to do this so that you guys can easily look at other wips and take into consideration them in order to create variety among characters, or even, if you so desire, to collaborate on Biographies. This town had already been a fairly popular place for supernatural creatures prior to the legislature- that's part of the reason for it becoming one of the first forcibly converted towns. So feel free to keep that in mind while creating your characters.

If any of you have advice that you think would make this rp better, I'm all ears. :-)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Hello! So, this time around I just have one or two things to say, and then a reiteration of one of the questions above.

1) I'm thinking that we will hopefully get this rp up and running by either next weekend or the one following it, because I think that too much time between creating characters and starting the roleplay can lead to people forgetting about it or losing interest.

2) That being said, the question is still posed as to whether you all would prefer to have organized Character sheets, or just a discussion thread in order to decide upon various relationships. I'll probably start posting something like that around Wednesday [1/29] if we do end up deciding on which to go with.

3) It's pretty much the deadline for a few people [Mostly those who reserved only one character], so if you have had some reason for delay, or are working on your character now, please let me know so that I will not open your spot back up. This applies to: People who reserved one character on the 23rd, as of now. Those who reserved two characters on that date, or one on the 24th, will have until the end of the day, unless they have contacted me about it. [I'll be sending messages out to those whom this applies to, as far as the 23rd goes.]

Thank you all for joining, and I hope that this turns out successful- we have a great group, it seems. ^_^

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:14 pm

I hope this is the place to answer your question. (Sorry if it's not)
You asked about relationship sheets. Either is fine with me. I guess that doesn't give you a proper answer. Perhaps organised Character Sheets if I had to pick one? Then again discussion works just as well...

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:32 pm

This is most certainly the place to answer :-) Thanks for the input. I'm hoping a couple of people will answer so I can get a better sense of what people would prefer.

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:37 pm

So, given that most of the reserved characters have been finished, and everyone seems to be doing well all in all, should we start within the next few days? Maybe Sunday? Or Monday? Responses on this would be nice. Would you all prefer to wait until Relations have been fully arranged, or get going as soon as possible?

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yourbunnyboo2 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:09 pm

I think as soon as possible honestly I'm not aure what we're waiting for.

yourbunnyboo2
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Retrovertigo on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:30 pm

I'm down to begin anytime and if anyone has any suggestions for their character's relationship with mine I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Retrovertigo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andoral on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:54 pm

I'm ok with posting any time, but asap I think.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Andoral
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:21 am

Alright, so I've decided that we will be beginning the roleplay tomorrow. Or, rather, I'll put up the opening post sometime tonight, which means that most people will probably[?] respond tomorrow. My reasoning for having waited on this was wanting to allow people time to sort out relations and the like. The last reservation to not be finished has been dropped, meaning that there are no Nymphs, for one thing, but that's alright. People can still feel free to join once the show has gotten on the road, as well.

I'm really excited to begin this with all of you guys. Also, I'd like to mention that the gender balance is surprisingly close for this [1:1.1], so that's really terrific! Good job on characters and relations and the like thus far, everyone. This roleplay, as of yet, has exceeded my expectations. I had been worried that no one would even sign up, but this is brilliant.

On the note of starting up, I was planning on just starting during a normal day in summer [so that students won't have to be isolated from everyone else with classes], but perhaps I should begin it with an event, so that everyone is brought together from the get-go? Maybe a farmer's market, some sort of festival, or something along those lines? Even Halloween. If you have any preference, let me know here, please. ^_^

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yourbunnyboo2 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:27 am

Are we starting today? Just out of curiosity.

yourbunnyboo2
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Please read the 2.2 update above for the answer to that question ^_^

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:45 pm

I am very excited about starting, you've done a wonderful job on organising this RP. Thanks Miss Nomer! :)
Regarding the possibility of a normal day or an event, I think a farmers market or Halloween would be fun! Then again I'm sure a normal day would work just as well :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yourbunnyboo2 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:44 pm

A farmers market or festival sounds great. I think of it Halloween then the teens would be in school right after that.

yourbunnyboo2
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:11 pm

Thanks, Cloud ^_^

bunnyboo: I feel kind of dumb for forgetting, actually ^_^

How about a Summer Solstice celebration? It would likely have special meaning for the witches, who make up a large amount of the shop owners and such. So a festival for it with booths that are run primarily by the witch community?

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Feel free to begin posting now! I'll have Mel and Jem up before the hour's up, hopefully. I look forward to the character interactions and such.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'm looking for a Co-GM. So, if anyone would be willing to take the job, please send me a pm. Preferably someone who has been on the site for a while, or perhaps has co-gmed/gmed before?

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernDragon on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:34 am

Is it too late to join o.o
And reserve a character.
Because if it is, I AM SO SORRY OH WOW I AM SO SORRY.

NorthernDragon
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spayce on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:23 pm

I tagged Kit in my post by accident. How do you untag someone?

spayce
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:47 am

So, due to the recent drying out of sorts, I have now posted a time skip! Those who have become somewhat inactive will be receiving a PM by the end of the weekend, at the latest.

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!