Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Twilight of the Kings

Twilight of the Kings

a part of “Twilight of the Kings”, a fictional universe by Beach-Born-Boy.

Alona. A small continent divided into seven countries, each on the brink of war with the others. With leaders killed and powers beyond most human control rising, the world may be thrown into a chaos from which it won't recover.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Twilight of the Kings”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Twilight of the Kings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:47 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Twilight of the Kings"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"I saw the traveler make his way toward the monolith,
That thin gash amidst the clouds;
An open seam between heaven and earth that eluded the Eye of God.

Or perhaps it had not; perhaps it beckoned from one realm
To the other, wedded And ruled as one;
For look how clean it splits the horizon 'twain, absorbs it,
Makes it Strange,
An indomitable beam,
A Tower of Heaven."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Twilight of the Kings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:52 am

Character Sheet Skeletons and information on dragon races will come in the morning. In the mean time, I desperately need sleep. If you would like to reserve a character, please post here. Everyone's allowed one Listener, one Dragon or one of each, however, they CANNOT be from the same country. Characters are as follows.

Sagewick Listener - Beach-Born-Boy -TAKEN
Sagewick Listener's Dragon - DovesLove - TAKEN

Erihollow Listener - NaturalDeviant - TAKEN
Erihollow Listener's Dragon - OPEN

Woodwyn Listener - OPEN
Woodwyn Listener's Dragon - OPEN

Havenborough Listener - Castella - TAKEN
Havenborough Listener's Dragon - OPEN

Shdowpine Listener - OPEN
Shdowpine Listener's Dragon - OPEN

Wildeshore Listener - FallenSoul86 - RESERVED (If only for Maestro's sake)
Wildeshore Listener's Dragon - Maestro - RESERVED

Mallowater Listener - OPEN
Mallowater Listener's Dragon - OPEN

Main Antagonist - OPEN (More info is available should you wish to play this character.)
Last edited by Beach-Born-Boy on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DovesLove on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:16 am

Reserving Sagewick's dragon! :P

DovesLove
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaturalDeviant on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:14 pm

Reserve Erihollow's Listener Please :D

NaturalDeviant
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:27 pm

Reserved! I can hold it for two days, just get a good WIP by then. ^^

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenSoul86 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Reserved Wildeshore's listener please :3

FallenSoul86
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Same deal, just get a good WIP in in two days Fallen. And if you can find a dragon for you, that'd be great!

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaturalDeviant on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:19 pm

I didn't see anything about Races. Which Races are there to choose from?

NaturalDeviant
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:22 pm

It's just a universal skeleton. Races for dragons or just Human for Listeners

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaturalDeviant on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Alright thank you :D

NaturalDeviant
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Go ahead and count me in on the Wildeshore Listener's Dragon. I'll probably hold off any creative measures until I see what Fallen has got.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:51 pm

Alright, Fallen should hurry then.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Let us not rush a good thing. Perhaps I simply missed it or didn't read up much on all this, but how do dragons generally meet their listener? And I take it a listener is considered the leader of their city? With age, I really wanted to make my dragon a lot older than your average few hundred years. Wanted to maybe even peak 1000-1500. Second most powerful dragon, but match that with age and wisdom, think it could be interesting. Almost see the dragon as being similar to the deity you based it off, old and wise, sage-like almost.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:59 pm

Well Reservations are 2 days. As far as age, dragons can be up to 2000 years old here, but often times will fight and die in battles before then.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:08 pm

To be frank, character creation would be a lot faster had you not copied this ridiculous character sheet. I know I filled it in at Jen's roleplay, but it's seriously unorganized, doesn't have an 'appearance' field, and it's cluttered with arguably trivial information. Traits meaningful enough to the character should easily be covered by 'personality' and 'history', and I personally consider it bad writing practice to describe a character's appearance with just an image.

On the topic of character sheets - if all dragons have the skill to disguise themselves as human, should the appearance of their human form also be covered?

Seirei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaturalDeviant on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:14 pm

So are Listeners the Leaders of the City?

NaturalDeviant
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:16 pm

I'm still ironing it out Seirei, and Jen's base is usable but I'm also on my phone and can only work so fast with my connection. The dragon's human appearance is preferred, but if you don't place it in the CS I'm sure it will come up in the RP itself.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen_God on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:20 pm

May I reserve the Woodwyn Listener?

Fallen_God
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Natural, Yes they are and Fallen we don;t have a dragon for woodwyn yet, so it could be a while before you join in. On the other hand, if you want to find a dragon player, that would definitely speed it along. I just don;t want people playing both parts for one country.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen_God on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Nah Its cool, I can wait to join, but I will also be on the look out for a Dragon.

Fallen_God
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!