Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Of Gold and Grey

Of Gold and Grey

a part of “Of Gold and Grey”, a fictional universe by Xenocartographer.

Cal-Dera-Ban, a world home to two different and distrustful species. Attempts to bridge the gap have been made before, but the assassination of diplomats threatens to make this one's failure catastrophic. Far too much now hangs in the balance.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Of Gold and Grey”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Of Gold and Grey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Well, here's to hoping I haven't screwed up my first attempt at running an RP here. Wish me luck (and join!) please!

(If you're concerned about the lack of detail so far, don't be. That's more to do with the fact that our group composition will strongly influence the beginning, and also that I prefer to leave nonessential parts of the setting open-ended.)
Last edited by Xenocartographer on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Of Gold and Grey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:20 pm

I love this. :) I'll do a Bani. (It seems more along the lines of my usual and best characters than the Caleth.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Ah nice! *waves excitedly* Person! Yes! Good! Hi! I was worried I did everything wrong ever and no one would join. Also I kind of think the Bani are going to be the more popular race, heh...

I realize I neglected to put a character template, so I'll do that now. You're welcome to change or ignore it as you see fit though!

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zoey26123 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:45 pm

I would be very interested in doing this. I would really be up for being the Bani Princess if at all possible. Maybe one of the paid off assassins who failed and is now on the run after failing, she finds the group. I like option two better if you would be okay with that. :)

Zoey26123
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Coolio, I'll probably post tomorrow. :-)
Oh, and I'm Makenna.

(Well, it's my pen name. cx )

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Assassin who later joins up with the group? Sure, that works! It could be a little tricky to make believable, but not unworkably so. So go ahead and submit a character sheet! EDIT: Which race were you thinking of, if I may ask?

(You're also welcome to be the princess, but I kind of had my eye on that slot because being one of the princesses will help me as narrator, and the Bani are probably the trickier of the two races to play and I created them so I know them best. Basically, if someone wants to use that slot, they're welcome to, but if they'd be open to something else it'd be appreciated. I don't want to step on anyone's toes!)

Also, added the Caleth territory as a place. The Bani territory is coming next, then some specific places within each. The territory descriptions double as more in-depth descriptions of the races, so please read them!

EDIT: ...Where will I see if someone submits a character? I'm actually not sure and feel dumb now.

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zoey26123 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Character section.

Also, I'll do the assassin thing and you can have the princess if nobody else wants her. :)

Zoey26123
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Got it, thanks! I look forward to seeing your characters. :) I'll probs be asleep before either of you submit them, though.

EDIT: Descriptions of both races available in the Places section. Which isn't really a sensible place for them, but there isn't really a sensible place and it's the least weird.

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Mind if I make a character? I'm thinking he'll be a Caleth soldier. It'll be the first time I play as a dude, though, so I hope he'll be believable.
ImageImage

WildSky214
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zoey26123 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm sorry but it'll take me longer to submit the character. Hopefully I'll get it in before the weekend. :)

Zoey26123
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 pm

@Wildsky: Why would I mind? Submit away, yo!

@above: Sure, is fine. Which race was your assassin going to be, btw?

We could start this with four, but I think it'd be better to have at least five. That way it's the two princesses and then three others, which seems a good mix to me. Anyone else have an opinion on the subject though?

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Are the pictures supposed to be anime or real people?

WildSky214
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Whatever you prefer/can find. :) I'm not picky!

Makenna's character is up and approved. (Though she is missing a verb in her description-y quote thing! *nudge nudge* )

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:28 pm

Lol, point taken. cx
Must've forgot, just hold up. I'll finish it by the day's close.xP

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Ah, I missed WildSky's character submission because derp! Approved.

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Um, so actually I'm unsure what you need me to do...

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:04 am

"I'm sick of this prison-life I lead. I just want to be unchained." You forgot the 'to be' part.

WildSky214
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!