Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mayhem and Misery

Mayhem and Misery

a part of “Mayhem and Misery”, a fictional universe by Burn One Down.

The witches foretold the return of monsters, but not quite like this, and the humans had no earthly idea of what to expect. But then, neither did the monsters, really.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mayhem and Misery”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Mayhem and Misery

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Sat May 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Sure you can go ahead and have her I love your idea for her mine was just that she had a deep mistrust for monsters like something happened in her family tree and she has always hated them for it. I don't really know where I was going with it but I'm glad you stepped in.
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Derek's done! KOKIA thank so much for taking Lindsey Sterling! I know BurnOneDown was really anxious for someone to take her role. Welcome to the group!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thank you so much to the beautiful and talented aurei for making this signature for me!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KOKIA on Sat May 10, 2014 8:25 pm

@slimmyjimjim || That really is a good idea for your character! :D Thank you for letting me take Lindsey Sterling~

@ibecameinsane || Thank you for the warm welcoming! ^^ I'm glad I could snag this role before it was too late!

I'll just go ahead and start picking out a name then working on my character then. Thanks again for the role! Really excited for this RP! :)

EDIT: So, I was looking through pictures for Lindsey Stirling for my CS, and I'm finding it very difficult to even find any that are appropriate for my characters set personality (cause Lindsey Stirling in real life is such a jumpy person... ^^;) and, once again, I can barely find any.

So, if it is alright with you guys, I'd like to change my FC to actress Alexis Bledel. I just find it easier for me to find pictures and gifs, and her facial expressions and personality are more set for my character.

I hope this doesn't bother anyone or isn't a big deal. ^^;
ImageImage

KOKIA
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby j.chevalier on Sun May 11, 2014 5:34 am

Hey I was reading Storm Tanis' character sheet to use as a guide for my character and this is confusing me:

The Tanis line goes back as far as anyone cares to remember a small, nondescript line of [bold]cockatrice[/bold] watermages with the gift of flight and the ability to live without water for days, they were tough and could live almost anywhere, but they were never spectacular. They were never treated well and nor did they have any great amount of power, prowess, fame, or fortune. They were a mostly honest family, who liked to horde shiny things and kept to themselves in whatever desert held their fancy long enough for them to stay there. [bold]They rarely met other dragons, but were indifferent; kin made no difference to them if it was not accompanied by the Tanis name.[/bold]

So would you explain to me how there can be other dragons if there's only one dragon monster in the whole of the world? Is dragon blood just diluted? So it's a FORM of magic?

In regards to all the monsters RP in this, will you clarify what "awaken" means? Like, did your family have previous very dilute "monster magic" and suddenly wham, bam you're very out of control magiclal?

Thanks.
Cheers!

j.chevalier
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Burn One Down on Sun May 11, 2014 8:46 am

/hauls self out of bed with five hundred cups of coffee

@Kokia
Yes please do gosh take her I dare you. Also that faceclaim change is
absolutely perfect and I'll switch it when I have a few moments.

@Jess/j.chevalier
Basically the idea is that all mages in this universe have extremely
diluted monster blood from centuries upon centuries ago. So while
there's only one fully awakened, monster version and full cockatrice,
his family still has ancient cockatrice blood which has manifested
into a type of magic that focuses mainly on water and flight as was
kind of what they needed to survive in the environment in which
their ancestors lived.

But yes, you've got the right idea. The family still has diluted
monster blood, but two weeks prior to RP the monster characters
took a step out of 'magic user dilute blood' territory and into 'woah
holy shit i can fully take monster form and also use the powers
associated with that monster and everything so long as i have the
training to do so' territory. If that makes sense. Thanks for asking
so many questions. Oh, and did you get my message saying that a
small fire accident was alright or whathaveyou? I'm not sure if I
sent it but I do agree to that.

@Everyone
As all roles are now filled, I'll be accepting reservations for original
humans or magic users
, although not for monsters as those will be
limited to the ten already reserved. Please submit with your
reservation for magic users or humans the following;
A 500 px wide gif of the faceclaim (full color)
Their role within their group, if any
Their faceclaim
A brief description of what you plan to do with the character.

Burn One Down
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Mon May 12, 2014 11:59 pm

I finally finished Frankie!

I literally pulled his entire character out of my ass.
That was one productive hour, let me tell you.
And now we play the waiting game...

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuukakulily on Tue May 13, 2014 2:11 am

AGH! I've finished both Grant and Alex.
Now I shall take my happy butt to bed ㄱ_ㄱ

Kuukakulily
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Burn One Down on Tue May 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Wow these characters look absolutely amazing. Great job guys. I'm
super happy to see the rest of the WIPs finished. I believe @Steph
might be making us a relationship sheet in the near future and I
should have my third character done by tomorrow, so I believe we'll
be starting on Friday if that doesn't clash too hard with anyone's
schedule.

Burn One Down
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Wed May 14, 2014 7:02 pm

Alrighty, Jinyoung's profile is all done - finally~ I'll work on relationship stuff later, but hey, the relationship sheet looks amazing Steph!
Starting Friday works for me, I'm looking forwards to this yo, it's gonna be good. :y
날 밀어내도 난 다시 네게로 다가가서

coricidinForte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Thu May 15, 2014 9:06 am

Ok so I was waiting until someone else posted a relation ship post so that I could model mine off of it since I've never done one before but it is now Friday and no one has posted. So I'm going to go ahead and post one but if it looks bad it's because this is my first time doing this so... sorry in advanced.

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Thu May 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Sorry about that slimmyjimjim, I was going to wait until our GM posted his first before I put anything down and I've been a little caught up in putting my new roleplay together. If you need any help with the coding or anything, please don't hesitate to ask ^^

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Thu May 15, 2014 7:12 pm

No that's ok and it's not the coding I'm having trouble with it's the set up I really don't want to get it wrong, but I have nothing to model mine off of.

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Thu May 15, 2014 7:35 pm

I''ll put one up as an example but I won't have time to fill it out. Just give me a moment and I'll have it up

Edit: Alright, I've got the basic skeleton down. Had to move the picture and name around (just swap them) but that's essentially how it should look. If you scroll down to my other character, I've established a relationship between the two of them as an example of what that should look like. Hopefully that'll help ^^ Let me know

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Fri May 16, 2014 2:53 am

Question - do the monsters know one another already? Ans if so, have they been merely introduced or put into a situation were they may know one another beyond first impressions?

coricidinForte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Fri May 16, 2014 12:26 pm

I have no idea, you'll have to ask BurnOneDown about that

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Fri May 16, 2014 8:15 pm

I suppose I should have mentioned them in the question, but yeah of course. Seems like Burn is pretty busy, that's fine though, no worries. Hopefully we'll still be able to start relatively soon - whenever is good with me.

coricidinForte
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Tue May 20, 2014 3:25 pm

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but I was just wondering when were we going to start. I don't want this so stop before it even started, just wondering.

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby j.chevalier on Tue May 20, 2014 3:52 pm

yeah I PMed them and there wasn't any reply :( Maybe they're on a vacation with no wifi?

And just as a preliminary/clarification thing for anyone who will answer, is it true that all the monsters know who the monsters are and since the magic users in this RP are the ones who brought the monsters into the fold: the only people left out of the loop are the humans? lol.

Also: have we sorted out who's in who's dorm already? Sorry if I'm just late to the party on this.

j.chevalier
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Tue May 20, 2014 4:14 pm

I wish I could give you a definite answer but even I was unclear of who all knew about the monsters before the GM vanished. I'm just assuming that the monsters kinds of found out they were monsters and they knew there were others. Don't know if the humans would be out of the loop though since they've got an anti-monster group. Like I said, though, I can't be sure. I haven't seen BurnOneDown online and whenever he is I can't get a hold to him. I don't know if we're going to start anytime soon but I'll stick around for a little while just in case we do.

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby j.chevalier on Wed May 21, 2014 12:29 am

Sorry correction:

The magic users are on guard about news of the monsters' identities getting out, the monsters are finally getting to socialize with people besides the four magic users who quickly stole them away, confusingly to most, for their own safety. The humans who are aware are on high alert; they don't know who the monsters are, not by face or name, just that some of the humans at this party are hardly that, and perhaps there are some humans unaware, easy prey if something were to go awry.

From the Introduction lol which answers my question. That the four magic users do know the 10 monsters, but the humans do not,though they are aware they exist and I guess are gonna ferret them out.

Of the five dorms, there are two female, two male, and one co-ed dorm, and they're all done in the style of the rest of the buildings on campus as well.

Do you mind if I start a topic to list who's in what dorm in case that becomes relevant?

j.chevalier
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!