Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mayhem and Misery

Mayhem and Misery

a part of “Mayhem and Misery”, a fictional universe by Burn One Down.

The witches foretold the return of monsters, but not quite like this, and the humans had no earthly idea of what to expect. But then, neither did the monsters, really.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mayhem and Misery”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Mayhem and Misery

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Burn One Down on Thu May 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Reservations, Questions, and OOC Discussions

This is where you'll reserve characters, ask questions, and whatever else you choose.
Don't hesitate to drop in if you need anything. I'll likely be posting more information
here soon, but don't worry about checking back too often to the first post; I'll be sure
to post updated information in its own post as well so everyone will see it. I hope to
have a lovely time with all of you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Burn One Down
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Mayhem and Misery

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Thu May 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Wow this is a really good idea, is there any way that I could replace on of the monsters with a genie with the face claim of Cady Groves. If not I'd be happy to just reserve the kelpie playing the snarky sarcastic comedic relief.

Also the last show I watched was Deadbeat and I couldn't find the theme song but it's not that great anyway.
Last edited by slimmyjimjim on Thu May 08, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Thu May 08, 2014 11:15 pm

I can see why you were so busy (>‿◠)
That was a lot of reading! Great concept too, I'm impressed.
I was wondering if I could take the werewolf role but change the
FaceClaim to a male one. Tyler Hoechlin has a lot of useful gifs
in the werewolf department. If it's too much of an inconvenience
please let me know and I'll get out of your hair. I have plenty of
gifs I could offer up for the main page if the change is permitted.

As for the last television show I watched, that would be the latest
episode of Supernatural. They don't have an opening theme song
this season but I do have a gif of the opening title.

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby j.chevalier on Thu May 08, 2014 11:42 pm

Hey I sent you a PM earlier. Figured I should reply here just in case?

I would love to adopt Andrew Garfield's character, the Phoenix.

Last television show I watched was Person of Interest.
The theme song is this: youtube(dot)com/watch?v=io7BK5oUujM .... which sounds weird without the words of introduction haha.

Cheers

j.chevalier
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Fri May 09, 2014 12:04 am

Whoa I am digging this idea...you put a lot of thought and heart into it, I can tell hahah. So of course, I'd like to get in on this and join! The last television show I watched was Bates Motel which has really impressed me, I had just finished the second season yesterday actually. Also, it doesn't have a theme song! Only some buzz noises and a violin for seven seconds - they're not wasting time I guess ahahah.

May I reserve the Qilin spot but change the FC from Kim Jonghyun to Lee Jong Suk? I couldn't help but picture him when remembering the nature of the qilin hahah. (His recent photoshot for Ceci really don't help smh)

I'm not entirely sure what will be done with the character...I imagine he'll have a peaceful, maybe wise, and gentle disposition, maybe he'll be like a 'hippie' because of course he'll be vegan and have an affinity for pleasant instrumentals. Despite that I think he will be rather 'isolated', detached or almost display the traits of a hermit - perhaps the reason will be that humans often give him bad vibes aside from say, virgins and expecting mothers, the pure of heart yada yada. I am considering merging the qilin legend with a little bit of unicorn, considering they are similar but I'm not sure, and I'm not sure what 'powers' he will manifest. Hmmm...I will get back to you on that, if this is okay with you?
날 밀어내도 난 다시 네게로 다가가서

coricidinForte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naught on Fri May 09, 2014 12:11 am

I would love to take Rick Genest in my care please?

The Last Show I Watched || Vampire Diaries
Theme Song || It's the theme they played at the end.
I don't think the show ever had an opening theme but, this is one of my favorites so, I hope that it is okay! ^ ^
Last edited by Naught on Fri May 09, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
{| Royalty |}
ImageImage
~ NAUGHT ~

Naught
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Fri May 09, 2014 12:16 am

Hey there! This Roleplay looks amazing, I have to admit that I am quite busy with school next week having finals week and all but I simply cannot accept not to join your awesome RP. If possible I would totally love to take on Chachi Gonzales FC, seeing how @Steph asked to change the werewolf, I would so appreciate it if she could be a Monster/Dragon. I will also have to ask/beg for an extension seeing I probably won't be able to finish my CS until the end of next Friday. I understand if that won't be possible, seeing that I'm asking for a lot here so no hard feelings if that is a no can do.

The last show I watched... it was either Once Upon a Time or Game of Thrones.

Since I am already being a pain in the ass asking for a bunch of stuff, if possible I'd love to change the FC to Phoebe Tonkin. You can use the gif I linked to her name (:

I just noticed you already have the dragon role reserved, if so would it still be possible to make mine a dragon still?
Last edited by Emmie_Hoeller on Fri May 09, 2014 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Aunque duela, llega el momento donde se debe
dejar que todo siga su camino, donde es mejor
no forzar nada. Donde se tiene que entender que
aunque con tanta fuerza se desee, hay cosas que
sencillamente jamás serán."

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Burn One Down on Fri May 09, 2014 12:45 am

@Everyone
Oh dear wow I really was not expecting this much immediate interest. Thank you all
so much. I'm really excited to roleplay with all of you and I'm sorry for not responding
earlier to your inquiries.

@slimmyjimjim
Unfortunately I'm not yet interested in replacing characters, but I'll reserve the kelpie
for you in a moment/in the morning.

@Steph/ibecameinsane
No problem at all! I'll switch it either in a moment or in the morning. It's 1:40 AM
and all.

@j.chavlier
Absolutely! Reserved.

@coricidinForte
Ah yes! Perfect face claim switch and I honestly wish I'd have thought of him earlier!

@Naught
Do have fun with him, I can't wait to see him.

@Emmie
Hmm. I'll give it to you seeing as you two coordinated that well. Reserved and
changed. And yes, the dragon role is fine. I'll be playing Ezra as a cockatrice, I'd
presume you're going to do something different with your gal?

Burn One Down
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Fri May 09, 2014 1:00 am

Thank you so much and I completely understand, also I have been looking for gifs and pics of Juno Temple but I haven't been finding any that would suit the character that I am currently brewing up do you think I could change the face claim of the kelpie to Cady Groves?

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Fri May 09, 2014 1:12 am

Thank you so much! (ʃƪ ˘ ³˘)
Omigosh you have no idea how grateful I am
Here's a gif for him to put on the main page
-squeals- I get to play him in all his wolfie glory!

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 am

Thank you Cat, I seriously appreciate it and I am extremely excited to be a part of your amazing RP.
Like I told you via IM, I don't have a solid idea as to how I am going to make her but as soon as I do, I'll be sure to discuss it with you.

Much love, and thanks again!

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Fri May 09, 2014 1:32 am

May I please reserve the mermaid and change her FC to Amanda Seyfried?

Well probably Criminal Minds and i sadly have no clue on the theme tune...

Quick question, I was wondering if mermaid could also be stretched to fit with siren, cool if it can, but I have two ideas in mind and it depends on how I can play the monster will depend on which one I go for.

So with mermaid, may I take a more siren approach or does it have to be more Disney mermaid like?

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Fri May 09, 2014 1:41 am

Awesome! I'm glad you think so! ♥ Thank you, I should get his profile completed over the weekend and will contact you to check certain details as I get my ideas together!

coricidinForte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby alexanderr on Fri May 09, 2014 3:27 am

I just have to join this! Love the story and the effort that you put into making this.
I'm not really sure who's already been reserved, but I would love to reserve Imogen Poots.

The last show I watched is game of thrones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-TOHc7I1pc

Even though I'm pretty much bilingual, English isn't my "first" language. So I hope my writing will be good enough. I will send in a character sheet this weekend and you can decide if my english is okay. I don't want to ruin this rp :)

Anyway, I'm not completely sure what I want to do with the character yet. All I know is I want her to be from a dryad bloodline. But I'll let you know as soon as I figure something out :)

alexanderr
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Fri May 09, 2014 6:35 am

May I reserve Charlotte Free but possibly change her monster? I have a mermaid already and I would love to use the FC but maybe I could fit it to a different monster?

I last watched Survivor.
Theme Song || https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyb2HYSne3E
ImageImage

CyberGlowfly
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InakoUchiha on Fri May 09, 2014 7:56 am

I LOVE THIS RP...but I won't be on during the summer much o.o

InakoUchiha
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Fri May 09, 2014 8:44 am

May I reserve the selkie (FC: Jessica Jung)? I plan on making her an honest young woman who is caring, trusting, and wants to help others in any way she can. The last TV show I watched was Mixology, but it really doesn't have a theme song...

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Burn One Down on Fri May 09, 2014 8:51 am

@slimmyjimjim
Cady Groves is just fine. I like your WIP so far!

@Miyer
I'd prefer to keep Charlotte Free in this case and it looks like CyberGlowfly will play
her that way. Is there someone else you'd be interested in reserving?

@alexanderr
I will never ever fault someone for being a second language english speaker, it
takes a lot of skill to speak more than one language and I give you props for trying
to keep up. Imogen Poots is reserved for you.

@CyberGlowfly
What monster will you be switching her to?

@InakoUchiha
If you'll be around to post at least once or twice a week I'm sure you can still keep
up if you wish to reserve a character.

@Makenna Young
I'll reserve the selkie for you in a moment, I can't wait to see her!

Burn One Down
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuukakulily on Fri May 09, 2014 10:01 am

I would love to reserve Jessica Jung's FC if it's not taken.

The last tv show I watched was Game of Thrones and the theme for it :)

Kuukakulily
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Burn One Down on Fri May 09, 2014 10:42 am

@Kuukakulily
I'm sorry but Jessica Jung's already been reserved! Is there someone else you'd
be interested in reserving?

Burn One Down
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!