Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Xhiana: Impurity Of The Rose

Character Creation Guide

a part of “Xhiana: Impurity Of The Rose”, a fictional universe by Zetsuna.

Eastern Fantasy RP located in the fictional world of Xhiana. The world has faced so much only to survive for a civil war. Rebels have began to rise and plot and our unlikely group of adventurers seem to be swept into the conflict.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Xhiana: Impurity Of The Rose”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Creation Guide

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Hello everyone and thank you for being interested in my RP. This probably going to be a universal guide on almost any in-depth RP I run (Some sheets will be different depending on the setting which is mainly freeform or VRMMO). Either way lets focus on what we're on right now. Since this is focused on the World Of Xhiana I'll go through these steps with the thought of making a character. First presenting the CS below.

Code: Select all
[center][img]Fontmeme.com%20to%20make%20your%20name[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr]
[center][i]Place a quote from your character here[/i][/center]
[center][url=XXX]Your Character's Theme Song (Optional)[/url][/center]
[hr][/hr]
[left][img]Character Image Here[/img][/left]

[b]Gender:[/b] Male Or Female.?

[b]Place Of Birth:[/b] Where are you born or what

[b]Weaponry:[/b] Could change depending on your background.

[b]Age:[/b] Although it is slightly anime given, do keep in mind that the minimal age is 15.

[b]Zodiac:[/b]

[b]Blood Type:[/b]

[hr][/hr]
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=Attributes%20and%20Skills&name=LifeCraft_Font.ttf&size=30&style_color=BF263B[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr]

[b][u]Attributes[/u][/b]
You have 115 points to spend. Please spend these points accordingly to what fits the character you're making. These will show you how well you can do certain skills among the RP and It will help me when it comes to story plot points. A maximum one attribute can have is 40

[b]Strength:[/b]
[b]Vitality:[/b]
[b]Agility:[/b]
[b]Speed:[/b]
[b]Magic:[/b]
[b]Spirit[/b]

[center][u][b]Powers & Abilities[/b][/u][/center]

These are things that make you a little different from normal humans. For every 5 Magic you have, you have 1 slot for abilities. The template for this is in "World Information"

[hr][/hr]
Skill Points: Use this to keep track of how much skill points you have used up or have much you have left. Delete this once done. (These are for Skills below)

[center][b][u]Skills[/u][/b][/center]
You have 260 amount of skill points to use... these skills will also help define your character's personality and history depending on what you choose and how much points you spend on them. I suggest you get a piece of paper or something to keep track of how much points you use... List your skills here after deleting this... You can find skills in the OOC.

[hr][/hr]
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=Traits&name=HARRP___.ttf&size=35&style_color=080203[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr]
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=origin%20Traits&name=HARRP___.ttf&size=25&style_color=080203[/img][/center]
You may have all 3 but it will require some discussing upon the matter and these I will definitely have control over so no one has too much power in their background. Know these are some of the traits that required to be in your history too.
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=Social%20Traits&name=HARRP___.ttf&size=25&style_color=080203[/img][/center]
You may have up to 5 social traits... These traits may also have quite an impact on your history but none-the-less may have quite a impact as we progress in the story. Try to be diversed, I will be looking for this..
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=Personal%20Traits&name=HARRP___.ttf&size=25&style_color=080203[/img][/center]
You may have up to 5... these traits may be seen as history or personality traits that could go to your appearance as well. These will have some affect on NPCs i control. You may even have a re-occuring npc thats just for events upon your character. Do not expect them to appear every post or so. It will be planned as we go.
[hr][/hr]
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=Additional%20Information&name=HARRP___.ttf&size=35&style_color=080203[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr]
[center][u][b]Appearance[/b][/u][/center]
Describe how you look, height, weight, body type, hair color, eye color. In addition List what your character carries, what she wears, How does her weapon look.
[center][u][b]Personality[/b][/u][/center]
Describe your character's personality. How he/she is alone, with others, when in battle etc. What does this character like/dislike. Be sure to use your skills, Traits, Blood type and Zodiac to help you define your character's personality.
[center][u][b]History[/b][/u][/center]
Give a descriptive history explaining what your character has been doing over the years... How she became the job she/he is, what she has done over the years. Be sure to use your character's Race, Traits and skills in this to define your character... Realize you have a lot to go off of so it will be a lot of information.

Alright, so that was the CS and now I'm going to break it down and go through it with commentary to possibly make things go a little smoother. Hoping it helps.
[center][img]Fontmeme.com%20to%20make%20your%20name[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr]
[center][i]Place a quote from your character here[/i][/center]
[center][url=XXX]Your Character's Theme Song (Optional)[/url][/center]
[hr][/hr]
[left][img]Character Image Here[/img][/left]

[b]Gender:[/b] Male Or Female.?

[b]Place Of Birth:[/b] Where are you born or what

[b]Weaponry:[/b] Could change depending on your background.

[b]Age:[/b] Although it is slightly anime given, do keep in mind that the minimal age is 15.

[b]Zodiac:[/b]

[b]Blood Type:[/b]

Pretty straightforward huh? Your basic fill ins on what you believe the character's basic info would be. Preferably I choose to do age last after doing the history, That way I can get an accurate age that doesn't seem so false. Also if you're curious of the Zodiac/Blood Type traits. Just click here traits-t90392.html and choose what fits you're character. Keep the traits that follow them in mind when its time to do personality. Other then that, I'd just leave the trait tab open and set aside for now. You won't need it.

[/code]

Attributes
You have 115 points to spend. Please spend these points accordingly to what fits the character you're making. These will show you how well you can do certain skills among the RP and It will help me when it comes to story plot points. A maximum one attribute can have is 40

Strength:
Vitality:
Agility:
Speed:
Magic:
Spirit
[/code]

This basically aside from gaming, statistics to boost a certain skill which isn't the right mindset for this. This is more along the lines of what you've done and how you've lived your life. Its not all about war and battles. You need to be in a roleplaying mindset for this. What has your character done over the years, how has he trained, what magic level was he born with, How spiritual is he? Is your character compassionate and has a prideful ego? he must have spirit to keep his composure. Did your character body build to get strength or did he run or face pain to build endurance and pain tolerance? must have Vitality. etc.

You do not have to spend the whole 115 points, if it makes sense for your character to not spend them all do not force it.

Here is a comparison to what the measurements are to be exact and this was a chart I made before.

1-10 = Weak
11-20 = Normal
21-30 = Strong
31-40 = Inhuman

So if you have over 30, you must have a good explanation for this. I will ask for it.

[center][u][b]Powers & Abilities[/b][/u][/center]

These are things that make you a little different from normal humans. For every 5 Magic you have, you have 1 slot for abilities. The template for this is in "World Information"

These aren't physical attacks, or physical abilities. This is like magical, bloodline abilities, etc. You running fast isn't an ability, that's based off speed. However, using magic or some chi to use a melee attack is different. Its like Rurouni Kenshin was in this and he used his ultimate attack.

[hr][/hr]
Skill Points: Use this to keep track of how much skill points you have used up or have much you have left. Delete this once done. (These are for Skills below)

[center][b][u]Skills[/u][/b][/center]
You have 260 amount of skill points to use... these skills will also help define your character's personality and history depending on what you choose and how much points you spend on them. I suggest you get a piece of paper or something to keep track of how much points you use... List your skills here after deleting this... You can find skills in the OOC.
[code][/code]

With this, you're making a good list of what your character knows and what she has learned over the years. This is another part of getting into character and learning about them. In addition to that, you have stuff for your history. What has she learned in the past? What does he know now? How far does one know it? etc. Navigate to http://www.roleplaygateway.com/skills-t90393.html for that. It will explain the skill levels. Again don't choose things for strictly combat, there are other things you can do and give your character room to grow. You're not going to be a master if all you did was wonder without proper training. You won't know how to do everything on whim.

Do know I look at these during story parts and roll off them for the chance of success.
[hr][/hr]
[code][/code]
[hr][/hr]
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=Traits&name=HARRP___.ttf&size=35&style_color=080203[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr]
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=origin%20Traits&name=HARRP___.ttf&size=25&style_color=080203[/img][/center]
You may have all 3 but it will require some discussing upon the matter and these I will definitely have control over so no one has too much power in their background. Know these are some of the traits that required to be in your history too.
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=Social%20Traits&name=HARRP___.ttf&size=25&style_color=080203[/img][/center]
You may have up to 5 social traits... These traits may also have quite an impact on your history but none-the-less may have quite a impact as we progress in the story. Try to be diversed, I will be looking for this..
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=Personal%20Traits&name=HARRP___.ttf&size=25&style_color=080203[/img][/center]
You may have up to 5... these traits may be seen as history or personality traits that could go to your appearance as well. These will have some affect on NPCs i control. You may even have a re-occuring npc thats just for events upon your character. Do not expect them to appear every post or so. It will be planned as we go.
[code][/code]

Alright bring back the traits page!

Interestingly, Although good you had a idea in mind, you didn't listen when i said PM me when you're ready to do your traits. The reason I bring this up is because you do not know the world. You can't add what doesn't make sense and I can't fit something that really can't be done. LUCKILY the traits were never to bad and some I was able to fit in.  Main deal with this is first  when you're ready to do traits think of what you want of your character, think of his/her history.  If you want to have a town to be something specific before the game then mention it to me and where you may want it before we get to it. Once you have all this thought up PM me the idea and we'll try to fit it in. If not we'll try to come close to the idea and compromise. Some traits do not need this of course but yes, you get the idea.
[hr][/hr]
[code]
[hr][/hr]
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=Additional%20Information&name=HARRP___.ttf&size=35&style_color=080203[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr]
[center][u][b]Appearance[/b][/u][/center]
Describe how you look, height, weight, body type, hair color, eye color. In addition List what your character carries, what she wears, How does her weapon look.
[center][u][b]Personality[/b][/u][/center]
Describe your character's personality. How he/she is alone, with others, when in battle etc. What does this character like/dislike. Be sure to use your skills, Traits, Blood type and Zodiac to help you define your character's personality.
[center][u][b]History[/b][/u][/center]
Give a descriptive history explaining what your character has been doing over the years... How she became the job she/he is, what she has done over the years. Be sure to use your character's Race, Traits and skills in this to define your character... Realize you have a lot to go off of so it will be a lot of information.

Once I get done reply/we come to a conclusion for your character congrats all you have to do is fill in the blanks! Appearance and personality can be done before if you wish but mainly history is what I will be looking at! It will be story holes I can use and what not. Overall this is a way to go through this Character sheet! Thank you for being interested and join us when you can!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Character Creation Guide

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Damn site won't let me edit it but! overall you get it (Attributes)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!