Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Monster Hunt

Monster Hunt

a part of “Monster Hunt”, a fictional universe by Nanouke.

In an alternate reality where monsters and magic are as common as sassy kittens, monsters struggle for social equality amongst the humans. It's not as simple as it may appear to be...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Monster Hunt”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Monster Hunt

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Yeah, Panda's right, though not in the OP thing. She is a Sue, in that her character is built rather than designed and has no real weakness or any personal flaws. She's already described as "head-turning" with flawless skin and a figure she's "not afraid to flaunt", all the while being trained into a lethal assassin at the ridiculous age of 5. Not only is that borderline impossible for any human being to do at that age, gifted or not, that kinda life would not leave someone looking like a Victoria's Secret model. If someone did survive that kinda life, it'd be written on every inch of their body. They'd have the scars to show for it.

It goes further with her personality.

Lily is described as a sweet, innocent and mysterious character by almost anyone. Whilst others would say she is bipolar. Throughout most of the day she is a kind girl who gets along with almost everyone, and is even someone who people respect. But she isn't afraid to voice her opinion even if it makes the other person feel bad.
But the moment monster hunting is involved she isn't afraid to turn violent and insane, she is known for torturing monsters, even humans to get any information she needs.

Sweet/innocent and mysterious don't really go together. To be mysterious is to be aloof, and to be innocent is to be rather wide-open. Also, sweet and innocent people are afraid to "voice [their] opinion even if it makes the other person feel bad", it's part of being sweet and innocent. So she's innocent, yet mysterious, yet bold. Oh, and at the end it states that she can become a cold blooded killer if she needs to be. Key wording, there, seeing as it says "she isn't afraid to turn violent or insane" (Let alone, how does one suddenly turn insane? It's not an on/off switch). She tortures monsters and humans yet it doesn't list that she suffers any sort of psychological problems with this at all. Quite the opposite, she has no problems with ANYTHING at all. Further more and perhaps the biggest sign, she gets along with everyone and is respected by everyone. This is the definition of a Mary Sue.

Sorry if I come off as rude or an ass, but that's my standing on it.
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanouke on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Alright, i've read a bit of lily's description and your comments, and i have to agree, as the GM, that lily should be modified as sort that she isn't so powerfull, since i mean, it's no fun really whe you rp with a overpowered character. So i will ask you, surfergirl, if you could modify Lily a bit so every one can agree

thanks in advance ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nanouke
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surfergirl on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Sorry But I'm still working on my character. I only basic outlined her for myself but I am in the process of editing her. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Surfergirl
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby Panda on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:17 pm

I just did the Mary Sue test for both my characters just in case i am blaming you for something that's my characters problems too so here's the results. Also, here's the link to da test. http://www.katfeete.net/writing/marysue.html :)

Kathryn Keran (Score-32):

Kathryn Keran is nothing like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's had more than her fair share of hard knocks, and probably spends more time than she ought moaning about it. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Kathryn Keran, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Kathryn Keran is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Lucian Merton (Score-25):

Lucian Merton is nothing like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Lucian Merton, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Lucian Merton is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.
Da Baby Panda Is In The House!!

Baby Panda
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Score: 20

The Lurker is nothing like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about The Lurker, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. The Lurker is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

How many questions were there asking about sex in that thing? Seriously, it was like 4 or 5 asking the same thing with different phrasing.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:58 pm

If there are a ton of questions asking about sex, I'm not even gonna bother. Anna's like twelve, lol.

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LonelyGhost on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:59 pm

Score: 19

"Jokull is nothing like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Jokull, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Lucian Merton is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him."
"So pick your path, pick your pill, pick your poison man.
Pick your passion pick your casket 'cause it's all the same" Betrayal by Boondox

LonelyGhost
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm not too sure about the accuracy of this test, given that a lot of these questions don't really apply to a sickly twelve-year-old girl who's been bed-ridden her whole life I:

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby Panda on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:54 pm

woah. my charries are more sues than you guys ones are. Are mine Sue's?! *panics*

Baby Panda
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:20 pm

LOL no no no, Panda, Jokull and Lurker are inhuman. Of course they're gonna score low on that test. Simply put, it barely applies to them. I won't lie, Lucien could use some flushing out (A vampire that's been around for any inhuman amount of time has to have more than 2 sentences of personality and 5 sentences of history), but I wouldn't call either one of them a Sue/Stu.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Devani Micha Summers is nothing like you. She is not at all cool; in fact, she thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when she says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," she means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever she gains, she's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Devani Micha Summers, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Devani Micha Summers is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Delphine Mirabelle Marie is nothing like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever she gains, she's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Delphine Mirabelle Marie, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Delphine Mirabelle Marie is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Question: Are we not writing in complete paragraphs or sentences? Just wondering, no offence meant.
Namaste: I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the light, love, truth, beauty & peace within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, We are one.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yokune on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Well, me and Nanouke are used to RP-ing in sentences rather then paragraphs, but you could do what ever you'd like. Nanny says as long as you don't write novels, you're fine ^^

Yokune
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:19 pm

Well, I posted right into the ghetto. Any monsterfolk feel free to interact!~

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Both my characters work in the Ghetto (and are there now, so also feel free to interact) but live uptown.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:14 pm

And now Lurks has had his moment in the spot li-..... *Ahem* He's had his moment. Sorry for any typos, I just wanted to get out something short and quick to give the character a bit of life.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yokune on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Raidose wrote:And now Lurks has had his moment in the spot li-..... *Ahem* He's had his moment. Sorry for any typos, I just wanted to get out something short and quick to give the character a bit of life.

He looks amazing though 0-0 I love the theme you put for it :D

Yokune
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby Panda on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:02 am

Are you sure that last post wasn't flooding Raidose? If it isn't i guess a whole page worth is flooding.

Baby Panda
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:12 am

Lol, trust me, that wasn't flooding. In many RP's, that's about standard for a quick reply. Flooding is usually something ludicrous like 3-4 thousand words per post.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surfergirl on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:33 am

In the process of editing my character now. And nearly finished with it. Once I've done that I will most likely start on my post.
Also will anyone volunteer to be Lily's next target? You don't have to die I just prefer character interaction.

Surfergirl
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanouke on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:50 am

Surfergirl wrote:In the process of editing my character now. And nearly finished with it. Once I've done that I will most likely start on my post.
Also will anyone volunteer to be Lily's next target? You don't have to die I just prefer character interaction.

well i only have one monster and it's amy, and she's already Nise's target, if i had another monster, i would probably say yes ^^' maybe i should make Saphir and Lara appear....... naah later

Nanouke
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!