Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

After Dark Day

After Dark Day

a part of “After Dark Day”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

Vampires have been the dominant species for a little over 100 years. In this desolate and decaying world, people are adapting to their new place in the food chain.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “After Dark Day”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: After Dark Day

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:19 am

IT BEGINS.

Thought I would get a starting post up so you can all get going. I still have another character to upload but felt it'd be goot to kick it off so you folks who've already put characters up can begin introducing them.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Panda, just asking, but who is the rich vampire?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:13 pm

If nobody else wants it, I could also create the human scout character, I feel like a younger character to save me from Jackson's tedious intellect ;)

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:16 pm

By all means. Go for it!

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~nya~ on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Ooo, could I please be The Prizefighter?!
I am having so many ideas for them!! :D
I have read everything! And everyone's characters!

~nya~
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:43 am

Sure, go ahead and submit a character sheet. =)

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby Panda on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:47 am

my first thoughts is it is an npc unless Vitamin wants them to be a character. Thanks for asking though! :)
Da Baby Panda Is In The House!!

Baby Panda
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Hey you guys! Just thought I'd let everyone know that the Feral Group's Leader, Vera Valentine, is pretty much done. I just need to do her personality and history, but since I've been working and going to school nonstop, so it's kind of hard to get it all finished. But I thought I'd let you see her almost-completed CS ^^

~'.'~Kura Ravengade~'.'~

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Question: What is the world's tech level? I am a bit confused on it.

I thought of it being mostly a combination between 21st technology and more primitive stopgap means such as horses and maybe steam. I thought of some remainders of tech being in Vampire hands but it seemes to make sense for vampire society to keep advanced technology out of human hands.

What's your take on it heart?

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:39 am

I'm just gonna, y'know, go pass out from sheer exhaustion x_x *dies*

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:51 am

Something like that.

I believe vampires retain a lot of the advanced technology from before the war, however the combination of the world being rules by being that are very old, and the vastly reduced population means tech is not at the same level it once was.

Vehicles still exist but fuel isn't as abundant as it once was so they tend to be reserved for vamps. Trains have made a bit more of a comeback and coal is a lot more widely used as a fuel source, partly down to the fact that it can be mined natively, and because vampires strive to increase pollutants around their towns because it works better for them.

Electricity is still a thing, as are some kinds of computers, however the internet is no longer a thing. There is still some television run by the government but it is probably only a small number of channels and mostly useful for news and current events.

Scientific research on he other hand has most likely advanced further as vampire scientists never age and so never need to stop working, and so their research being unbound by the concepts of ethics, law or good taste would probably have exploded and developed things that would be useful in the new society.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Well, things have kind of slowed down, I could introduce Jackson now, anyone want to have an anointment.

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:20 pm

I don't mind if you do. Go ahead, and I'll wait for your post to post. Is Jackson apart of the Feral Group? If not, I'm going to go ahead and post.

Sorry for going AWOL, guys. I'm like ... Dying ... Like ... No joke ... x.x See? It's my death face. x.x

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:23 pm

No he isn't actually, he is a vampire whom I have not found an opening to post with yet.

well.. I refuse to let him go out without a bang (well, a thump) so I will post with him ether way, when I can.

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SizzlerZ on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:54 am

Hey if it's not too late can I please reserve the soldier from the 'Feral' population?

SizzlerZ
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shifter13 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:18 am

Hi! I was wondering if, maybe, I could reserve the Soldier of the Feral group? I have something ready for this, but if it's already taken I could make changes to my character and choose something else. :)
Live With Your Scars

Shifter13
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!