Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Glamour: From Ashes to Wine

Glamour: From Ashes to Wine

a part of “Glamour: From Ashes to Wine”, a fictional universe by H3R0.

A modern-fantasy. Check inside for information.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Glamour: From Ashes to Wine”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Glamour: From Ashes to Wine

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:51 pm

OMG, I think I came up with the best possible nickname for the Slit-Mouth Woman that's holding all those kids hostage in the gym!! Y'all ready for this awesome bit of clever puns-manship???

....Shirlee is going to call her Smiley Cyrus. XD So, now we'll have the giant blue Oni she affectionately dubbed "Atomic Blueberry" and next is Slit-Mouth Woman who'll be called "Smiley Cyrus".
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:59 pm

Blargh my train has crashed into procrastination station. Alright, let's see what we're dealing with here.

I've read through everyone's posts at this point. They're all wonderful!! We have the best group of talented writers here, I swear. I'm so glad to have you all here, even the ones who haven't posted yet. You're all so creative and perfect sobs

@Jakuri: The only thing I remember about my early days of knowing Chro is us having an intense rivalry. Or, it would've been a rivalry if I wasn't supERIOR fight me on the streets ven And then I forgot about their existence for like, so long, until you brought them up again.

@Rai: Since Douglas hasn't yet done anything concerning the immediate plot, and isn't where the others are yet, you can feel free to make another post whenever you'd like! :>

Since Freckles hasn't posted yet, I'll send them a PM to check in on them. As for Eolia, I'm not sure if she'll be available to make a post yet or not, so I'll ask her about it. When I get response from the two of them, I'll tell you guys whether or not you can start making posts again at your leisure. Ah, there might be the need to make a more specific posting order, as Jakuri pointed out, since we're all kinda gathered in the same area, but I should hopefully be able to clear up our little grouping going on in my next post, where I'll stir some more things up. :> So for the time being, after I hear from Eolia and Freckles, everyone should feel free to post without order until the time calls for it again, if it ever does.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

H3R0
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ven on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:59 pm

@Jakuri: You flatter me waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Also, give me a book good enough to read to my children and by children I mean my many pets and Spec

@H3R0: We've had this discussion. I would win in a fight, I would win in anything against you, and also MEET ME IN THE PIT.

Ven
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:09 pm

I am glad you guys liked my post, I was sort of nervous submitting it, but I really wanted to get something up. I loved everyone's post! I feel so honored to be a part of this with you all!
I can not wait for the next few posts where everyone begins to really interact with one another. Cordatta's bitch mode is about to ACTIVATE. Lol, I am just so excited for this roleplay.

@Raidose:: I definitely would not mind if you posted again. I would love to read it and so would everybody else!. 'Cause I am so falling in love with Douglas. When he teared up thinking about his children, and was entertaining that carrot-top kid, I wanted to glomp him through the interweb. I just wanna hug him so bad. He's like a gentle giant.

@Yonbibuns:: Aww, thanks. I really wanted her to be fabulous. I mean, it just would not do if she were not on par with everybody else ;) I sort of feel bad for her date, left alone and forgotten lol. Icarus seems like such a badass with his mask and tomahawk. My inner fangirl is screaming.

@Ven:: I really enjoyed reading your post. It put me into this crazy chuckle fit for a good five-six minutes. I had this crazy little headcanon where Hylas actually spends the rest of his bathroom time after doing his hair and stuff, taking selfies and uploading them on Instagram. With, #Iwokeuplikedis #Flawless #Youwishyourboyfriendwerehotlikeme #Nofilter.

toajojo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:11 am

Huh, that felt so much longer when I was typing it. Anyway, post is in! Sorry for taking a bit with that, I would have had this in yesterday, or even the day I asked, but I kinda forgot my 5 golden rules of take-out.

Also, anyone who wants to be in/out of the school-wide bubbleshieldthingy , please try and be in/out of the school-wide bubbleshieldthingy before my next post. Otherwise that may become just a wee bit more difficult for ya :)
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 am

@Raidose: I just wanna wrap Douglas in a warm blanket. Poor lad.

@Ven: I don't know why, but I get this kind of vibe from Hylas:

ICANDOATHOUSANDSITUPS.
Except maybe with a couple dollops less of narcissism and crazy. Which is refreshing. I love cynical characters (because I'm a cynic what?)

@tao: No worries. She nailed it. Strange, ethereal fabulous ladies. I'm sure he'll still be there waiting for her. Forever-waiting. And that was his intention--but now a lady has him all held up and he feels slightly less badass and more like a child being scolded.
HOW DARE YOU TAKE HIS MANLINESS AWAY.
NOW HE MUST PROVE HIMSELF.
Manly.

Frecks is sick. I'm feeding her virtual noodles. Shirlee's nicknames are gonna' drive Icarus up the wall. But they're adorable. So I'm gonna have to force him to be grumpy while I Chopper-wiggle in the background.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:34 pm

@Yonni: Mmm, your virtual ramen made me feel a little better. And then it made me hungry, so I'm about to go make myself some actual ramen.

I've been working on Kodak's intro a little at a time, and I'll get back to it when I'm feeling up to it today, but he will definitely be making his appearance within the next few days.

@Rai: I am ridiculously excited for a Kodak/Ol' Nick showdown! They'll both be like:

A presence I've not felt since...

kokiri_kat
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:18 pm

@Bibu Chopper wiggle, I can't say I've ever heard that expression before. X'D But expect Shirlee to find a suiting nickname for him as well at some point what it'll be, I'm still not entirely sure, but it'll come around.

And just a general comment I need to make somewhere, I had someone contact me today that I haven't seen forever, god, it was like someone taking a flashlight and throwing it backward into the dark abyss that is my roleplaying past. X'D

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:39 pm

Chopper

Best parts is when he's embarrassed at compliments and starts saying,
"I'm not happy, jerk. Asshole. Asshole. Asshole."

Hahhaha. I know what you mean. I always get giddy happy when old RP mates PM me. Mmm Ramen.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:42 am

@Rai: Possibly a bit of a spoiler for my next post, but would it hurt whatever you're planning for your next post if I had a kid or two walk out through the bubble thing? If so, I'll just do something else, or avoid doing that altogether, but if not, then I'll go with my original plan.

Blah I'll post again soon, but I won't be able to do it until either tomorrow night or Saturday night. Hopefully, my next post will clear up the congestion a bit or stir some things up. After the fact, everyone can post as they please.

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:07 pm

@H3RO: Nah man, that doesn't hurt me in the bit. Uh, wait, subtract that. Do they have a way to actually get away? Otherwise, they might be Nucke-food. Also, I thought the bubble was suppose to keep people in? I mean, I don't care either way, but the reason the Nucke is gonna be there is like all the other Unseelie. "No one gets out, no one gets in" attack dog sort of deal. So, it won't hurt me in the least, but I don't want the bastard's solution to that problem to hurt your future posts.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:41 pm

Did you guys do anything? Go anywhere? Get some candy? Dress up??? I didn't go anywhere or do anything, but since my grandma brought me over some facepaint out of the blue, I figured I couldn't let the chance go to waste and ended up being ready-for-war Sokka for Halloween >B) I looked pret-ty amazing.

@Rai: My original idea that I was gonna roll with was that the bubble was strong enough to keep people out, but that the children, if they so wished could leave of their own will if they ever bothered to try, but I could imagine that many of the younger kids would see that bubble thing and be too intimidated by it to go near it. Obviously, I didn't mention any of this out loud, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through with it or not, so what you're planning to do is also fine and won't effect my post. Shankara might just stick around the older crowd of kids.

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Happy Halloween to you all as well! I hope you guys are enjoying it!

I have not been doing anything productive at all, lol. The weekend has just begun and I am determined to procrastinate on all of my homework until at least Monday morning. God I have a problem. My father is out of town in Tampa and my mother in Jacksonville. Both for work. So, since I have no life and they know I will not do anything of the sort rebel-ish, they left the house to me and my younger brothers until Tuesday. Sigh. I wish I could do something spontaneous and throw like, a wild house party like they do in those highschool movies.

*Random*I am freaking out people. The Naruto fandom on Tumblr is exploding and I feel like a piece of me is dying. Naruto is officially over in December. Oh my gosh, sobs. NaruHina is now canon! My ship has finally set sail!

toajojo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:35 am

The town I live in is so much of a biggot, Halloween happens for only 1 night, does not receive a small school break, and occurs between the hours of 5 pm to 7 pm. 2 Hours, people. Needless to say, less and less kids trick-or-treated each year. It use to be alright here, but as the decade of the my life spent here went by, it slowly reached this. I just didn't have it in me to pull my usual Halloween antics. Which is sad, because apparently mine were quite memorable. We would have human-scarecrows set up on the front pouch all dressed up with masks and costumes. Left them out for like a week, so everyone saw them. On the night of Halloween, I'd take one's place. And scare the Christ out of people.

I still hear stories of the time I made a mother literally jump the railing of my porch and run out into the street. The funny part was I did this by handing a piece of candy to her 5-year-old daughter so she wouldn't be scared of me. The mother saw this and FREAKED. She also kinda left her daughter there on the porch (who btw was not scared of me in the slightest), and her husband was dying of laughter in the street.

Ah, those were the days......

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:22 pm

I moved to a new area this year there's only like, adults and poor people living in shabby apartments and not much else, so we didn't get any trick-or-treaters or anything like that. I was pleased to find that my mom got stuff from my Grandma's garage and still decorated the apartment up with stuff and put a witch on the door (that the obnoxious neighbor brats keep trying to steal) not a fan of kids

@Rai: sobs That sounds super rad. That would be the best kind of reputation to have omg I'm sorry to hear that it's not like that anymore. When I lived with my dad, our neighborhood kind of went downhill the same way. When I first moved there 10 years ago, every house on the street was decorated, but as years went by and people moved in and out, there were less decorations, less people, less trick-or-treaters. My dad even stopped going all out for his decorations, too. My favorite was this giant spider he had attached to the door, where it'd hang above trick-or-treaters until he opened the door, where it'd fall down on them on a string and it would scare the pee out of them B)

@Jojo: omg this is going to make me sound 10000x creepier than I mean it to be, but I live in Florida too! My mom is actually in Tampa for work (she lives in with this old guy 3, sometimes 4, days a week, so I always get the place to myself). Your dad in Tampa for work? My mom there for work? Coincidence?! I think not! probably tho I'm more on the ah, Homestuck side of the "fandoms that are freaking out right now" on tumblr, since we just got over our year-long megapause. //wipes tear I forgot how much I loved it.

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Yay! Posted. FINALLY!!!

So sorry for the delay, and sorry for the short length. It was all I could manage. I'm STILL sick. UGH! I just want this cold to go away forever.

Burn the germs with fire!

At least Kodak's in the building, ya know, literally.

kokiri_kat
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ven on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:10 am

Happy halloween, for when it happened. Unlike Spec I didn't put a hella ton of makeup on but I look cute like 24/7 (that part isn't unlike Spec, by the way. Check out their fACE) so i just put on some cute clothes. And had some people round. Trick or treating when I was a kid was all about the prize, and I had really, reaaaally long curly hair at the time so guess who got the most sweets out of all the other losers? HA, ME!

@taojojo: "Headcanon". You say it as if it isn't the truth. Hylas would be that one fae who's famous on every social networking website, even Vine where he takes videos of tourists trekking through his forest saying dumb things. His hashtags would be more like #dont #fuckingbrotherphotobombing #sethimonfire #gross but I totally agree with #nofilter

@Yonbibuns: Yeeeppp that's probably the most accurate gif you're gonna get of him, to be honest. Besides, it's only the first post. Who says the crazy doesn't kick in later?

@Freckled: Literallu loVE KODAK WOW

Ven
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Blehbleh Sorry for the delay! I know I said I'd reply friday or saturday, but some things got in the way and anyway, I'll be replying right now. No biggie either way, I'm sure.

Off topic to anything we're currently doing IC, but I just wanted to added another tidbit about glamour that I feel I didn't expand on much in the Intro. Each fae, if they so choose, can use glamour on their own personal space. Their chosen "home," if they have one. Some don't, many do. Like how I mentioned "fairy rings" appearing as just mushrooms to humans, but actually being a village that houses fairies and such. This kind of glamour can only be used on the fae's personally chosen space. I suppose it could be used more than once or on multiple places at a time, but that'd probably depend on the fae's strength or whatever. For instance, Shankara has his own personal "home" in India, which is also where he keeps his hoards of stolen objects of interest. Make sense? Anyway, I just thought you'd all like to hear about that.

Okay, I'll go see what I can do to reply.

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:14 pm

@H3RO :: . . .Woah. . .That is a really weird coincidence. This meme is exactly what I went through when I read that.
I was really scared for a second then realized you were joking. Hopefully. Right?! Anywho, Homestuck is a game right? A web comic? I have heard a whole lot of good things about it, but never really looked into it. Why was it on a year long haitus?

@Ven :: Oh god, he is too hilarious! I love it! I love him! God, it is going to kill me having Cordatta hate him. It's just, they have too many conflicting views!

toajojo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:34 pm

@Jojo: It's a webcomic about a game! being made into an actual game The writer of the comic put it on a pause because he was going to finish it and then put out the rest of it all at once, or something of that sort. It's unpaused now, but thankfully he didn't just throw it all out there all at once like he originally seemed to plan. //SHRUGS

And of course I was joking! Haha! or was I??

Anyway, I posted. I never realized what a mess Shankara was until I had him actually interact with someone. He's falling apart at the seams. Ah. I didn't. end up doing anything I planned on doing. and instead went with something else that will- maybe?- hopefully help in the long run.

H3R0
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!