Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

RWBY: Grimm Awakening

RWBY: Grimm Awakening

a part of “RWBY: Grimm Awakening”, a fictional universe by Calyx_Mason.

The Grimm have risen up and are trying to destroy everything.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “RWBY: Grimm Awakening”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: RWBY: Grimm Awakening

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:44 pm

@Thundergod1020, Do you understand the concept of a vacuum, all air and sound is being siphoned away, all life can't survive extensive exposure to a vacuum because of the lack of air, causing suffocation or fainting. Team BITA has more than likely trained using Arian's semblance to create situations of extreme physical strain and stress. The fact that the Grimm are even conscious any longer is an improbability, because a vacuum will suck the air from the lungs and being to pull things to the source of the gravitational pull, which is Arian, a judo throw would be ineffective against a vacuum.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Well Cal, I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate here. Yeah we have a vacuum of air, which does result in all sorts of nastiness like oxygen boiling in blood stream (during prolonged exposure), no sound transmission and air rapidly expanding in one's lungs.

However, you never stated Arian negated gravity in the area and grappling is based on center of gravity. Essentially a lack of air just means there's no air resistance when the throw is initiated. But so far animal testing just shows that vacuum exposure is like having the Bends- nothing immediate in terms of damage but immensely painful.

Though we ARE looking at 15 second window of someone in vacuum remaining conscious. As for air diffusion, it'd go high to low- essentially trying to spread as much as it can within the empty space( or if we account for gravitational pull then this vacuum only works if the gravitational center is the edge of this bubble). The gathering effect towards a source like your thinking is more akin to a singularity like a black hole.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:16 pm

As Nekohina said, you only stated vacuum, and not gravity, and again, as she stated, the human body is more than capable of surviving one. Add in the fact that we have auras to figure for(assuming they can be airtight) and the fact you never said your character can manipulate pockets of air pressure, just gravity and mass(and I've taken enough physics classes to know that if you've got enough gravitational pull to suck the air out of a non-airtight area at any pace faster than new air can come in, you've got enough pull to encase yourself in the rock you're pulling out from underneath yourself, if only just all that dust from that 400 pound rock.), and we still have one now very pissed son of a bitch with a migraine. You could have made Flint incredibly light and just picked him up, but you failed to do so, and now he's going to capitalize on that. And as I said in my most recent post, you can't cushion ANYTHING with a rock. That's like saying you're saving someone from falling by removing the ground, because that's pretty much what you're doing with that explanation. And at this point, Flint's not going to hold back any of his strength. Besides, I thought you wanted someone who could be a repeat villain, which means you can't beat him the first go around or even the second. Flint's gonna be around until the end of his story arc, which is when he will finally lose or be a part of redemption by heroic sacrifice. Til then, he's going to whoop BITA's asses until they can learn to work together rather than just try to take him on one at a time.
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Umm Thundergod, you know that Grimm disintegrate after death right?

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:26 pm

@thundergod1020, if the rock is on the ground and you lay around it,nut have it hidden by a shadow or clothing and someone kicks the rock, do you get hurt? I would think not.

I got the vacuum wrong, doesn't mean you can bash things, BITA can't help it if 3 out of 4 members are a little off because of sound waves. and THIS IS my rp, so your arc is under my dictation.

Now, WOULD THE MEMBERS OF FUSH PLEASE POST MORE!!!!! I'M REALLY MIFFED THAT I ONLY SEE ONE TEAM!!!!!

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:03 pm

If the ground is considered as good as flat, and someone steps on something laid down on it, the only thing "cushioning" the stomp is the thing in between ground and foot, in this case an arm of someone who would be dazed and confused after having the wind knocked out of them, and thus in no position to realize their arm was gonna be stomped and then think of a way to stop it. You're RP-ing a teenager, are any of us known for our instant rationalization?

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Not teens, grads from Beacon are 19+, in my characters case 21.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:58 am

And I'm 20 and still consider myself a teenager because I haven't had enough real-world experience to consider myself an adult. Probably won't be until I'm five years older. I put forward the same notion when dealing with characters that have tragic backstories, as they let emotion get the better of them all too often to be classified as functional in combat.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Pretty sure most of the youth in the RWBY universe that lived outside the kingdoms would be considered adults sooner than we here, and btw 23, had alot of life experience because I moved around for awhile

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:43 am

Ladies ladies you're both beautiful. Now that we're back how about we just decide fights here in the OOC before hand okay? The two or more people will chose who wins and how many posts the fight will last. Sounds good? If so I can make a fighting tag in the OOC or someone else can if they wish.
Remember, bad times are just times that are bad.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akao on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:03 pm

Seems team Fush is still dead since none have posted in about a week marrow it will be a week

Akao
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:52 pm

@ akao: so many apologizes
@afreerobin: Go ahead,

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:58 pm

PLEASE, RPG! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Hello, everyone, this is your GM, I will be taking a short sabatical to regain my heart and other squish parts, in my stead I wish to ask AFREEROBIN and NEKOHINA to work together to co-gm this beast. TTFN, be back in like 3 days.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:52 pm

HECK YEAH MAN I HAVE THE POWER NOW!!!!

MWAHAHAHAH-

Ehem

I mean I graciously accept this offer. I will do my best to control these rowdy fellows with Neko.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:50 pm

Hello, all, your game master has returned!!!! I had alot of hw to catch upon at School so I need to take a few days to do so. We are back on Everyone, and a new cross arc has begun, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAQHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHaHHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHaHAHAhahaHaHahaHahaHHaHaHaHaHHahHaHaHhahahaHhahaHahahhaHahaHaHaHAHA

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RhymeWriter on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:22 pm

(Slowly plots the demise of reason and sense)

Yes all is going according to plan....I mean...finished moving to my new apartment and stuffs.

RhymeWriter
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Prepare to board the Feels Train!

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RhymeWriter on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:19 pm

I don't have net in my apartment but I'll try to do what I can with my phone or go to my gf's place.

RhymeWriter
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:49 am

Please discuss the particulars of this 2v1 fight on the fight page so kindly created by afreerobin.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!