Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Voyages of The Calypso

Roleplay Info (Most Current, Updated Daily)

a part of “The Voyages of The Calypso”, a fictional universe by DatFishMunkie.

Twenty two years ago the Pirate King, Gol D. Roger was executed, but not before releasing knowledge of the whereabouts of his greatest possession: One Piece. What will the crew of the Calypso do with the time that they have on a world of wonders?!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Voyages of The Calypso”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Roleplay Info (Most Current, Updated Daily)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DatFishMunkie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:59 pm

So, for first posts; we're going to introduce characters to everyone oocly, that doesn't mean our characters have to interact right away, I wouldn't mind it taking a day or two for everyone to develop a basic relationship. ^^ So take your time guys. Also, post order will be how people post the first posts. So that means I'm first. Those who follow will be second, third, etcetera.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DatFishMunkie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Roleplay Info (Most Current, Updated Daily)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Is there a strict post order, and is it suspended in case of dialogue? (For example, my character addresses Emerald, who isn't next in post order, so Emerald may respond next.) Never used post order, so I just wanted to make sure I had the idea down.
"Wizards didn't kill ordinary people because a) they seldom noticed them and b) it wasn't considered sporting and c) besides, who'd do all the cooking and growing food and things. "

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DatFishMunkie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:10 pm

That is a great example. Yes that is what would happen.

DatFishMunkie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DatFishMunkie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:22 pm

I'd also like to add a post time limit, no one wants to wait days for someone to post; and no one wants to wait for nothing because of someone disappearing. The post order might get in the way so in the future it will be discontinued if that's the preference. People will have different times to post. It depends on how active we are at certain times. So, I am giving people at the most two hours for a quality post; if a post comes earlier than that, great. This is just when we are active. When people have time, take as much as you need.

DatFishMunkie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DatFishMunkie on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:23 am

Hey guys, if you're reading this and you've seen/read the spar between Neggy and Zasha; I'd like to explain how future fights are going to happen.

Spars can happen anytime, and can be between anyone; be realistic though on strength and position. A First Mate spar as say a 'Cabin boy' would be like going up against a much better enemy.

Skirmishes will happen once maybe twice a week and will be drawn out if necessary; or if a long easy battle is wanted. These are ultimately won, without much damage to characters, and are generally lighthearted. I would prefer to have the majority of us on for these skirmishes so everyone gets a good dose of action.

Semi-big fights happen on side arcs of lesser importance, or when a surviving formerly beaten boss requests a rematch. It can be like a skirmish and a big fight; easy, but a long battle. The outcomes of these can always be a win, or a slight win; I believe it is fairly realistic in this way.

A big fight, like that between a great Pirate crew, a Marine Admiral or Captain, a highly skilled group of bounty hunters might happen once a month; these will be as they are 'big fights'. This will include all crew members (hopefully) taking on boss-like enemies at equal or slightly greater skill level in strength. It's up to the roleplayer whether he/she wins, gets a slight victory (wins, but suffers heavy damage), it's a draw (both character and opponent are unable to continue), or a loss. I won't lie when I would prefer that despite our characters obviously being badass, suffer some losses here and there; at the very least a slight victory or a draw. Now I may have said once a month, but if the situation calls for it, it might happen twice, or maybe three times depending on the plot we decide on as our first. The longer we progress as a roleplay the stronger the enemies develop, and the world still goes around.

These will all take place on a chat browser that Wendy introduced to me (if possible when we do them), I like the thought of people being able to see other's battle; characters can comment, express emotions of sadness or happiness, or even stop the fight if need be. This way a post order doesn't get in the way, and pressure isn't put on people who would normally have a limited time to post.

**Something to take note is that I will vaguely express warning in character that something big might happen, or if it's just a skirmish. If it is misunderstood, or if you need to know just ask and I shall divulge (almost all the time).**

DatFishMunkie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:06 am

So, I am giving people at the most two hours for a quality post.

To protect my own sanity, I'd like to ask you to make this a full twenty-four hours. The reason for that is, I seem to notice a trend with this type of posting speed that everyone is active when I'm not able to because of reasons. (i.e.: Work, sleep or whatever.) It doesn't bother me as much now, but considering the possibility that we may be in entirely different timezones this could become troublesome to keep up with if you're the 1% that happens to be eight hours ahead, or behind depending on where you live, of the rest of the group.

Other than that, were you wanting everyone to introduce their character now, regardless if they're on the same island or not? Because I thought it would be fitting, and perhaps less crowded at the start, that Camilla would be recruited on The Calypso's next stop. :)
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DatFishMunkie on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Good point. Well, I can make it 24 hours, but If it happens to be that I don't want people to abuse it. I don't think we'll be very progressive if someone posts once a day, and that's that. So if 24 hours is too much to me, then I will shorten it, but it will still respect everyone's timezone.

As for Camilla, yes; I was thinking the same, but it would have to be soon after a certain thing happened. I don't want to keep you out for too long. ^^

DatFishMunkie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:39 am

Of course, that's your call. I was only trying to make sure I don't end up reading pages worth of post, so far it all seems to be pretty decently-paced, though. ^^;

As for Cammy's introduction, don't worry. I've mastered the virtue of patience. Anyway, we might be able to plan out her introduction as the crew's trying to steal the marine ship. I was planning her recruitment to be a "favour for a favour" kind of thing, where the crew, or maybe just Nicholas, would have to infiltrate a marine base where they'd stumble into Cammy who has been locked up in on of their cells. Details can be worked out IC. Could be that a crew member recognizes her from a poster, she's a wanted woman after all, and with that Nicholas would decide he'd want Cammy in his crew. (I'm just throwing out rough ideas here, though.)

It does depend on how.. elaborately you've planned this event, though. For all I know you just wanted this to be a little detour on getting a bigger ship without having the marine after your asses. (Although Cammy's imprisonment could perhaps be a reason why the base is potentially heavily guarded.) =P

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Booker_Dewit47 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Any one mind if I grab Musician as well?

forget it.
Last edited by Booker_Dewit47 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is but a sea of evil hell fire and brimstone, and it is only up to you weather you fight it and stay true, or accept it and let it control you...But it either the beginning of an golden era, or the beginning of the end for us all...

Booker_Dewit47
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Booker_Dewit47 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:44 pm

I might have a song that could be our anthem...

Booker_Dewit47
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:54 pm

What song are you thinking?

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Golgari on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:10 pm

Hey guys, I was hoping to reserve the Archaeologist if that's ok with you.

Golgari
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DatFishMunkie on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:45 pm

I would love to have an Archaeologist, you have it reserved friend. As for Byte; I've actually been thinking over it, and I definitely have an idea ready to get our characters into the Marine base.

DatFishMunkie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:26 am

Here's your anthem. (Warning: not for the faint of heart.) :P

@Munkie:
Alrighty, that's cool. Can't wait to introduce Cammy. x)

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Booker_Dewit47 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:50 am

I had something like this in mind, never mind the words, its just a kick ass song.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

Booker_Dewit47
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Golgari on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:10 pm

I think this song fits One Piece quite nicely. I mean who doesn't like airship pirates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFcH84oNU6s

Golgari
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:14 pm

Haha Byte I've heard that song before and I really like it, I've never seen the video tho. That is... something else haha. Who's next on the post order? DatFish, you are, right?

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:00 am

If we're going with the whole airship pirates shenanigans, I want this to be our theme. Shame this roleplay isn't in anyway steampunk related though, would've made it that much more badass.

btw, attention crew members of the female persuasion! Flipping girl power aboard The Calypso! We must introduce a weekly sleep over party and annual shopping-spree day. Although, in hindsight, Cammy, and many of the ladies and a girl, might not be into that sorta thing. x)

@Golgari:
I don't think Cammy is gonna appreciate having an assistant navigator messing with her work. So, yeah, expect lots of glaring and evil eyeing. Not with the blind eye, though. That wouldn't make sense. She couldn't possibly justify the phrase "I'm watching you...!" otherwise. Unless she used it ironically.

Still, you get bonus points on your character for using May from Guilty Gear as your image. I guess that's where you got the idea to use an anchor as a weapon. lol.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Golgari on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:24 am

@Byte:
The title of co-navigator is more along the lines of something she proclaims herself to be. Her help mostly consists of pointing to cool islands and saying "That island looks awesome, lets go exploring!" She does truly think she's helping though and, in her defense, is very good at reading maps (especially old ones) and other navigational gadgets.

There is the odd time however when she knows an island from her parent's journals that's worth visiting(rare species of beast, ancient ruins, ect...) and will insist they go there for "treasure hunting". This more or less gathers to searching for fossils for her research and maybe finding some cool artifacts along the way.

Golgari
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:50 am

I was mostly joking. =P

But, yeah, I don't think Cammy would know how to use outdated, or old for that matter, maps, so that's where Dahlia would shine. Heh.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!