Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

"Up She Goes" The Expedition

a part of “"Up She Goes" The Expedition”, a fictional universe by diabolicalxdamsel.

Come join Captain Carlotta Depaul and her crew as they make their way around the world to solve the mystery of her father's death.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “"Up She Goes" The Expedition”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:15 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay ""Up She Goes" The Expedition"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: "Up She Goes" The Expedition

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryGashes99 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi! May I please reserve the roll of The First Mate?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StrawberryGashes99
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duct Tape on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Sign me up for the engineer. I'd love to give this a go.

Duct Tape
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Durandal on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:56 pm

I would like to reserve the detective, if you would be so kind. Looks fun. The case is afoot, Watson!
"It is not the substance of our thoughts nor the merit of our actions that shape our legacy but the paths of others that have touched our life."

Durandal
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Holy quick replies, Batman! I just left to take a shower and came back with THREE interested people! Excellent! The page is still being tweaked and of course I have to make my own character profiles. I was just about to go add a sheet, but if ya'll would like to get cracking on your submissions here is the basic junk I'm wanting:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:

Optional add ins:
Skills:
Equipment:

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:49 pm

You have done a FANTASTIC job with this RP! To be honest the picture hooked me, but the story is well thought out and i'm so absolutely stoked to stick my fingers in this one - hopefully! hehe
I'd like to reserve the medic plz, and she'd be a female! :D I was also hoping she could be the resident photographer on board if that's okay? Perhaps she could shadow the detective in that case, to his/her acceptance or annoyance! Either way it would be fun :D :D
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"자살은 고통을 없애주지 않는다. 단지 다른 사람에게 고통을 전가 시킬 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Aww, why thank you! It's a story that has been on my mind for years. It fell apart in 2008 and I could just never quite let it go.

As for your request,I don't see why not! She could also cause some slight annoyance from the captain if there's danger on board and she wants to capture the excitement rather than hide belowdecks. Fill out the sheet!

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Wooo, sounds awesome!! I'm going to start on it now and finish it tomorrow morning/afternoon <33

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:10 pm

I was not expecting such a quick reception from everyone! I'll be needing a couple of days to crank out my other character and to work on a little research. As some of ya'll now know, I like a little historical accuracy and I don't know squat about what was going on in Germany, Spain, Puerto Rico or China in the 1890's.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Haha, no problem! =) I look forward to reading it whenever you're done! ^_^

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:41 am

Quick Update: Research is going well, I'll probably have Marshall Boone's profile posted by this afternoon/evening and then I'll get cracking on that first post!

I've played multiple characters before, but not two major ones like this. I really like to set the scene and get out a good deal of opening information in my first posts. As a result, they tend to be whoppers in size, and I'm anticipating that my first posting is going to be huge. I'll be going into the back story of how Marshall got involved in our crew (spoiler: Carlotta pulls a pretty dick move).

In the meantime, I've also been thinking about making another subtopic on our forum. In the roleplaying world, I'm an old lady (I've learned not to try to live too vicariously though my characters but I did give Carlotta the same age as myself). I've been in the game since I was like twelve years old and I have my own aspirations to write my own books. I absolutely LOVE giving writing advice and would love to share my knowledge with some of the whipper-snappers here (and vice versa). Would any of ya'll be interested in a writing forum where everyone can post writing resources, offer their own tips, and (ONLY IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR IT) constructive criticisms.

I know I have to let this site go one of these days when its time to really peruse my own ambitions, but before I'm gone for good, I want to leave behind an "Ultimate Roleplayers Guide" full of technical/grammatical advice, how to develop a rich, complex character, ooc etiquette, tips on world-building, etc...

The writing subforum of course would be a group effort. Everyone would be invited to share what they have found to be helpful, and to give their own advice. Sound interesting to anyone?

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Durandal on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. There are help forums but one dedicated solely to aspects of creative of writing would be nice to have. Good luck with your books when you start writing them. :)

Durandal
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Thanks! You know I still need that detective spot filled in if you still want to submit a character sheet.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Durandal on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:57 pm

I'll get to it. Sorry about not making it, past few days have been hectic.

Durandal
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:44 pm

I might have to postpone until the day after Christmas. I'm beat from a long, long commute to work this morning, worked Christmas retail today which pummeled my butt, and I still have a good chunk of cooking and present-warapping to do.

I promise on pain of death there will be a post by 11PM est standard time and it's going to be gigantic and awesome.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I really look forward to starting this RP, it's gonna bE AWESOMESAUCE! :D <3

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:35 am

So I got about half of it done, but it's not finished. I posted what I have for now. What action I'm covering right now takes place about two months before departure. Feel free to post now if you'd like to give your character a little life/backstory before we take off, otherwise, everyone will be on board together the morning of departure, the crew ought to all be on board while the other characters arrive in whatever order they so choose.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:14 am

Niice!! Can't wait for ya to finish it and then I'll work on mine!! <3

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CowardlyScum on Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:38 am

I hope this is still open. I'd like to suggest and reserve the role of the investor. Somebody must fund this and such an airship, with all the food, materials, manpower, and other stuff it'll require, would be rather costly for a mere inventor's daughter/famous racer.

Another couple roles I'd suggest, though I really wouldn't mind creating characters for as well, are:
- Cabin Boy/Custodian: Gotta keep the place clean, right? (I know not the technical term for them, but it's the most popular/recognizable)
- Chef: Necessary in any voyager thingy. Hungry mouths breed malcontent and mutiny after all.
- Quartermaster/Security: Someone to keep the rabblerousers in check and represent the crew, giving the captain their gripes and grievances.
- Navigator: Yes, the captain is the one who sets the course, but he won't always be awake, and besides, someone must maintain the navigational equipment and "take the wheel" so to speak for when the captain must take charge of more important matters.
- Rigger: Someone's gotta adjust the engines or whatever it is airships use... I'll admit, I'm not very learned in ships, be it real life or science/historical fiction, and the like.

Oh, and in case anyone has any problems with my username, you can call me cow, scu, cs, adly, anything. I don't mind any name that isn't a direct insult. Besides not insulting me, I prefer you be consistent with whatever you call me for sanity's sake, as it could be confusing calling me five different names for others, plus I might forget possible nicknames and not respond to something.

CowardlyScum
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:55 pm

ARG! I can't seem to make a friggin post on here without it disappearing after I hit submit.

And I'm not typing all that crap I just typed a THIRD time.

In short: Carlotta is LOADED. Like Rockerfeller/Rothschild (oil and steel tycoons of the era) loaded. Her dad basically revolutionized New York's power grid system and other cities adopted it later. So I don't think an investor would work. Investors rarely travel with the ships anyway. They just trow money at them, sit back, and wait for a big, fat profit.

Small roles such as cook/security are prolly gonna be NPCs unless you really wanna play one and can create a character that can develop and bring something interesting to the table as the story unfolds.

Boone on the other hand is broke. Perhaps a loan shark type character that he owes money to would be need. The kind of powerful criminal type that has his cronies watching Boston Harbor. He could also use another crewman if you'd like.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!