Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Town of Elk River

The Town of Elk River

a part of “The Town of Elk River”, a fictional universe by Stark Contrast.

Elk River once existed as a haven for the supernatural, but when a new threat looms among the dense forests, it'll be everyone's lives at stake, whether one is Human or Supernatural. [Female apps on hold]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Town of Elk River”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Town of Elk River

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 pm

I'd be willing to take on another male role if you'd like! Probably a human venatore if I do. Let me know!
Full disclosure though, I'm going away tomorrow and won't be back until Monday, so if you start before then, I probably won't be able to get an opening post in until Tuesday.
And the lies we said at breakfast,
Won't match the lies we had for lunch.
And the lies we told for dinner, yeah for dinner,
They're the tallest of the bunch.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JacksColdSweat
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:31 pm

I'm busy working on my character however I'm unsure how to proceed due to having messaged Stark about my characters back story and wanting to know if that's feasible before I continue as it wouldn't fit otherwise and I'd need to think up something else instead.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ΰΌΌ ぀ β—•_β—• ༽぀ on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:02 pm

@Stark Contrast: Thanks for all that you're doing (: I hope to have Jag done soonβ„’ lol
Also I like the idea of splitting everyone between adults and students!

ΰΌΌ ぀ β—•_β—• ༽぀
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:56 pm

I'll look forward to working with you venatore Jack, once mine is done as well.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:35 pm

So I think I will be taking that human venatore! The FC will be Brenton Thwaites, 20, with no affiliation to any clan.
As I said earlier, I'm leaving today, but I should have him up once I get back!
And the picture!

JacksColdSweat
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ΰΌΌ ぀ β—•_β—• ༽぀ on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:03 pm

EDIT: nvm I was confusing Venatores with Jaegers

ΰΌΌ ぀ β—•_β—• ༽぀
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:07 pm

The Ventatore are a group, made up of different clans who hunt other Occcult who've erred on the side of darkness or at least that is my understanding going by them having a clan listed in the section of the OOC.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:20 pm

I mainly put the Venatores in the front page under the Occult section because Occults are often in their ranks, so Fabricator is right in that it is a group more than it is a designation that identifies yourself like the rest of the Occult. So if you are a Venatores whose a human, it would be apt to simply put something like Venatores (Human) in the race section of your profile, and if you're an Occult it'd go something like this:

Occult|Venatores|Whatever Occult species

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ΰΌΌ ぀ β—•_β—• ༽぀ on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Yeah that makes a lot more sense, thanks guys

ΰΌΌ ぀ β—•_β—• ༽぀
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:50 pm

This is really one awesome cast of characters we have so far, guys. I'm excited for the chance to RP with all of you! :D
y do i have a ƒΡΡℓเɳɠ ᡗʰⁱ˒ ⁱ˒ ᡃ ᴑᴇΙͺΚ€α΄…ΚŸΚ α΄‡ΚŸα΄€Κ™α΄Κ€α΄€α΄›α΄‡ Υβ„β…ˆtβ„™αͺՏt

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dumisa on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:38 am

@Stark:
Hey, is this roleplay still accepting characters? I see that the female apps are on hold and I certainly do not mind making a male character or characters. Just please say yes that this is still accepting. Haha.

Dumisa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:30 pm

@Dumisa
As far as I am aware, Stark is still accepting male character applications. Just make sure to read the rules, and you can find available spots on the first page of this OOC thread. :)

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:57 pm

Just a suggestion:
After being on this site for several years I feel pretty comfortable in saying that some of these girl characters will either lose interest early on or not even post once, so I'm thinking the M/F ratio won't be a huge issue for long (unless all the ppl who stop posting early on are male....hah.)
But seriously, even if the ratio is still kinda messed up I think it might be good to accept the last few people who posted before me and then just close it off to new people so we can allow our GMs to finish approving CS's, forming relationships, and then starting the RP. Once we're able to get things off the ground and running then maybe we can open it back up to people??

*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"μžμ‚΄μ€ 고톡을 없애주지 μ•ŠλŠ”λ‹€. 단지 λ‹€λ₯Έ μ‚¬λžŒμ—κ²Œ 고톡을 μ „κ°€ μ‹œν‚¬ 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Β’Οƒβ„“βˆ‚ on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:59 pm

I agree with you, Lonesome Butterfly, it most likely won't be an issue. Whatever cast we narrow down to (if it narrows down at all, although honestly it'd be an incredible occurrence if we lost not one character) will be fine regardless of ratio because of the plot and development, and since we can't predict it, there's no need to worry too much. This is just an aspect of roleplays with large casts.

Anyways, I've been busy the past few days, but I'll be finishing Koji tomorrow or Tuesday at latest, and continue trying to form a few plots / relationships during then. Feel free to message me if any of you have ideas! :-)

Β’Οƒβ„“βˆ‚
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:30 pm

I am still here writing my character up. Just had severe writers block.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Sorry, guys this first post is taking a lot out of me, I have to kinda craft a few events to get things moving so I'm using a lot of NPC's from the clan/families thread, as well as trying to be considerate about the relations some of you want with my own characters. So get ready for a rather lengthy first post for reading, I'll probably summarize it for easier comprehension, since they're all supposed to lead into one another. I also have to think of what to involve the adult characters in, so if any of you have any ideas about that please share them.

GoriexGorie wrote:@Dumisa
As far as I am aware, Stark is still accepting male character applications. Just make sure to read the rules, and you can find available spots on the first page of this OOC thread. :)

Yes, we're still accepting, I'd just like some male characters from now on until further notice, though I do believe that the assumption that some people might have already dropped might be correct, although I have better expectations about you guys than that :). For those of you who are still finishing up characters, please do so soon, as we'll be starting sometime within the next few days.

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ΰΌΌ ぀ β—•_β—• ༽぀ on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:58 am

Yeah sorry about being so slow with Jag ):
I got my midterm grade back and I had to help run my club's tournament this weekend so it's been rough making everything in my life run smoothly. I have condensed Jag into all the main points so I think I'm comfortable with where he is now.
I have a sonnet recitation and an essay due to tomorrow *sighs*

ΰΌΌ ぀ β—•_β—• ༽぀
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Hey everyone!
I figured to keep it easy that my character wouldn't know anyone at the start of the RP, outside of people who are part of her clan. However, if you wanna create some kind of history/friendship/etc. w/ my character lemme know, I'm totally game for that! <33

Stark Contrast wrote:Sorry, guys this first post is taking a lot out of me, I have to kinda craft a few events to get things moving so I'm using a lot of NPC's from the clan/families thread, as well as trying to be considerate about the relations some of you want with my own characters. So get ready for a rather lengthy first post for reading, I'll probably summarize it for easier comprehension, since they're all supposed to lead into one another. I also have to think of what to involve the adult characters in, so if any of you have any ideas about that please share them.

Take your time girlie!! It's well worth the wait! <3

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Β’Οƒβ„“βˆ‚ on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:24 pm

Take your time Stark! I'm actually kind of relieved since I haven't had time for roleplay this week. I actually managed to forget I have midterms next week lmao...so uni has taken over my life, which is why I haven't finished Koji yet or continued plotting with more people. Oh French grammar...I'll be able to master you some day, but whether or not that's before my exam..well...I'll see!

Β’Οƒβ„“βˆ‚
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:26 pm

I've yet to actually finish my character, for which I am deeply sorry but I kinda got offered a Job on Tuesday and my dad decided he was going to visit me from the other end of the country yesterday so I've been a little run off my feet.

That and while I'd wrote parts of later sections everytime I read over the "speech/thought colours" my brain dies as I can't think what to make them lol.

So take your time... mainly as that means I'm not massively late but only fashionably so. Anyways I'll try to get something in over the weekend if my dad doesn't take up too much of my time.

Either way, farewell for now.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!