Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Anthemia Academy

Anthemia Academy

a part of “Anthemia Academy”, a fictional universe by toajojo.

[Private Group. Sorry.]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Anthemia Academy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Anthemia Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Welcome Back

As it says above, welcome back! I missed you guys. So, I am the new gamemaster, Toajojo. Woah. I am going to do my best not to let you guys down. This thread is just for us to chat together. Get to know each other and become close. Like family.

Lets Have Fun!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

toajojo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Anthemia Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Good to be back!!! :D I'll have mine back up soon!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Mine will be up within the hour hopefully. Revising a few things, as I am realizing how amateurish she seems. Wow, I was such a noob.

toajojo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:34 pm

I would do the same, but the last bio formatting project I underwent took almost a week due to my OCD. @_@ I think it's probably for the best that I just settle for copy/pasting my old bio. XD

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:09 am

A quick question before I resubmit my former character sheet:

Will the teams be the same as the last iteration of this rp or will we be deciding that arrangement again?
If there is a signature here it is because the author probably forgot to disable it before posting.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YuumanN on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:31 am

Hey guys.

So, last time I left prematurely since I thought the RP was dying way before it actually did and I ended up becoming part of the problem. There were also some time constraints involved, but I don’t think that’s an excuse for up and vanishing without warning, so I want to apologize for that to all of you. I still think this setting is awesome and feel like I could be much more dedicated to it this time around, so if you guys don’t mind I would love to be part of this again.Just have to tweak some details on my CS.

Either way, glad to see another attempt at reviving this RP; it was a shame to see such a great idea and so many cool characters go to waste twice and I hope this one turns out better.
Last edited by YuumanN on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YuumanN
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kapento on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Ah, it's great to see this revived. I just sent in my character there!

Kapento
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:34 pm

@Kapento :: Nice seeing you again, glad you could join us.

@YuumanN :: You are so polite. We accept your apology of course. It is wonderful to have you back. With help and cooperation from everyone, this roleplay is bound to last much longer. Communication is key!

@Zalgo :: I am hoping to keep them the same. But it depends on the characters. We have one newcomer-- @Urania --we might have some people who decline the invite, and others might decide to edit their characters.

toajojo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:07 pm

...So, out of boredom, I decided to randomly start picturing how Lorelei might interact with everybody. Seems like Nico's still going to annoy the crap out of her, only this time, what with the smaller cast, Cuddy will have a much greater chance to join in! Hector is still probably going to freak her out/hate her/enrage her, while I'm not really sure how Robin and she will interact.

I think whatever interactions she has with Lev should be interesting, though, considering both of them are from Leviathan, and he's pretty much just quiet and cool with everything, and she's all angsty and antisocial. She's just all like... "LEAVE ME ALOOOOOOOONE," and he'd be all... "'Kay."

"You don't talk much, do you?"

"Nope."

"...Good."

Of course, he also dislikes people who don't express themselves well, which she's practically queen of, so there's that, but now I've kind of hoping they end up on a team just to see how they play off one another. XD

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BespectacledBeauty on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:00 am

Are we going to have a relationship thread? With less characters, it'll make that much easier. Plus I always love seeing everyone's opinions. Though if characters haven't met yet there wouldn't be a reason to write one until they've interacted some.

BespectacledBeauty
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:29 am

@BespectacledBeauty - I agree with that notion. Not only does it provide fuel for discussion regarding character interactions it gives everyone something to do to kill some time without being unproductive. I know it was a bit interesting writing up Joe's relationship sheet.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:37 am

Heyo. Just making a post here so that it shows up when I press the view my posts link. I'd love to be part of this but I can't say I have the luxury of posting consistently. So, please let me know if that's an issue for anyone.
Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ahri on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:47 am

I'm so glad we are restarting this Rp. I really enjoyed the idea behind it, and was so sad to see it die though this time I know it will be different. I finished submitting my character and I can't wait for it to begin.

Ahri
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YuumanN on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:59 pm

@toajojo
I appreciate it, it really does seem like it will turn out pretty well this time around.

@Feyblue
I agree, a conversation (or lack thereof?) between them needs to happen. I can see a couple of ways they can offset each other and while it is true Lev wouldn’t be fond of Lorelei’s communication skills, that’s all part of the fun, as is the fact that she wouldn’t take kindly to him being more bossy during field work. I don’t think either of them would be too fond of the idea of remembering much about Leviathan, though. :P

Guess it depends on how many people come back, but if possible I also think it could be interesting for them to be on the same team.

YuumanN
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Ahri :: I am confident that this time is going to be different too! Hopefully we will be beginning tomorrow night, or Thursday night.

Bespectacledeauty & Zalgo :: Yes, we are going to do relationship sheets. I love filling them out! So fun! I was thinking that no one would be exactly new. They have all attended the same school for years. So they each have been acquainted at least. Everyone should have at least some thoughts on the others.

Kestrel :: We would love to have you join us again. It will not be an issue, and as long as we stay dedicated, it can work. We'll make it work.

toajojo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:13 pm

Yeah, it'd really be interesting to see how they interact. I think they'd really get on each other's nerves, and Lorelei would probably snap at him a few times, but I think she'd also have a certain respect for him, which would make it kind of amusing when she starts being all rude and annoyed, only to keep on hanging around and doing what he says regardless, which'll probably confuse him to no end. All in all, they'll probably end up frustrating each other in all the right ways. XD It should be hilarious, in any case, especially Lorelei's side of things.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:57 pm

toajojo wrote:Kestrel :: We would love to have you join us again. It will not be an issue, and as long as we stay dedicated, it can work. We'll make it work.

Well, I guess that marks Duran's triumphant return ;p Rejoice!

Relations-wise, I'm not too sure. Are we keeping what we had earlier?

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Since Lorelei probably isn't going to know anyone very well, her opinions of them will largely be based on their opinions of her, gleaned via instinctive mind-reading. Consequently, due to this convoluted setup, if anybody wants their character to vaguely know or otherwise have preexisting interactions with Lorelei, could you PM me please? That way we can set things up so we both know what the other is going for. Otherwise, given that she's largely been training separately from her peers, it's likely nobody will really know her very well. Furthermore, given public opinion of her - that she's a brat who was only allowed into the school due to the NHP's influence rather than through any ability of her own, as well as some people thinking she's secretly insane - it's equally likely that characters who don't know her will probably be wary of her at the very least, or perhaps condescending, dismissive, and scornful if they hold hard work in high esteem, or aren't particularly comfortable with having their minds read. I don't want to tell people how to play their characters, since that's really not my job, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want her ostracization to be just something that's mentioned in narration and never actually demonstrated. Just as a major aspect of Lorelei's character arc is going to be her warming up to those close to her, I was kind of hoping the people around her would also have to get used to her.

Naturally, it's all up to you guys whether or not you accept this request, but I do hope you'll consider it, or if you had a different starting relationship in mind, that you'll PM me and ask about it. >_>

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Everyone, I was thinking about how we would begin our roleplay. I wanted to keep it similar to what we had planned last time, but not the exact same again.

This is just an idea. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts. . .

The student's last homeroom teacher died while under a personal mission, and for the last three months everyone has yet to be assigned a new homeroom teacher or be put on any new missions. Instead they have been attending afternoon classes/electives or indulging in self-training to keep busy. Rumor has it that those who aren't given missions regularly are targeted for removal from the Academy.

The day we begin is when the students get a message calling them back to homeroom. They return believing that the school has finally found a replacement teacher. Instead they are met with an army general. They are being called to provide assistance to a base near the front lines.

*NOTE* The missions undergone by students at the Academy are smaller than a real-life mission. Held in controlled environments. Like a simulator, but not virtual. They allow the students to hone their skills as if they were actually out fighting with the army. The daemons they fight are ones captured alive by the actual pros to be used fro this specific purpose. Selected pointedly for the level of difficulty the administration feels the student(s) are ready to take on. On rare cases the mission will get out of hand and a administrator will step in as soon as possible. Mistakes have been in the past. *

I have a few reasons for wanting to do it this way instead of: actually getting a new teacher, assigning groups, going through training missions, then actually going out and fighting daemons.

1. They are all trained soldiers. They have been at the Academy for years, and have been in various practice missions.
2. The military needs help as soon as possible and if that means sending new(newish) recruits, then so be it.
3. Everyone can learn how to work with their respective teams on the field. Being in actual sticky situations should promote teamwork and bonding. (We are still going to be split into teams.)
4. I really want to jump into the action quickly this time.

Tell me if you think this would be moving too fast.

toajojo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:24 pm

That sounds like a good plan to me - although Lorelei probably won't be entirely ready for it mentally, given that all the tests she's run will have been under very controlled circumstances, even moreso than usual, since the NHP doesn't want to risk losing their star subject. Should be interesting having her expecting every fight to be a pushover and then realizing that she actually has to strategize, work with other people, and adapt in the field.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!