Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Shadowrun: Rise of APEX

a part of “Shadowrun: Rise of APEX”, a fictional universe by TheRose202.

The year is 2087. The corporations have taken over the Free City of Berlin, but Anarchist rebellion has reared its head, and another, yet unknown threat lurks in the Matrix, waiting for the ideal time to strike...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shadowrun: Rise of APEX”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRose202 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:32 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Shadowrun: Rise of APEX"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheRose202
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Shadowrun: Rise of APEX

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:07 am

Finished my character. Not completely happy with the writing in the bio, but I guess it's good enough for the time being.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

druidquest
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Storyteller Novelist Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRose202 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:59 am

Pfff! It's lovely! You seem to know quite a bit about this universe, too, judging by your bio :3

I'll write an opening post tomorrow. We might actually have a third player by that time, too!

TheRose202
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRose202 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:04 am

druidquest wrote:Finished my character. Not completely happy with the writing in the bio, but I guess it's good enough for the time being.

Also if it makes you feel better, I wrote mine while drunk off lack of sleep. Mine definitely needs some work ^^;

TheRose202
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrontierKnight on Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:02 pm

Ah, perfect!

I was this close to making a shadowrun RP of my own, what with Hong Kong just finishing it's Kickstarter. Regardless I'm glad someone made one, and I'd definitely like to be a part of it.

Expect a character soon :D

P.S. Does this take place after or during the events of dragonfall? I didn't quite understand.

FrontierKnight
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRose202 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:16 pm

FrontierKnight wrote:Ah, perfect!

I was this close to making a shadowrun RP of my own, what with Hong Kong just finishing it's Kickstarter. Regardless I'm glad someone made one, and I'd definitely like to be a part of it.

Expect a character soon :D

P.S. Does this take place after or during the events of dragonfall? I didn't quite understand.

About 30 or so years after :P The Corporations invaded Berlin right after the events of Dragonfall, and then they made a truce. This one takes place a reasonable amount of time after the truce, long enough for a war to have started. My character is the daughter of my Dragonfall character. Also my RP follows a non-canon ending in which you set APEX free and give her control over Firewing.

TheRose202
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:34 pm

Shadowrun and Cyberpunk, two rpg loves that will always be close to my heart. Working; but I will come by and make a character tonight if time permits.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRose202 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Oborosen wrote:Shadowrun and Cyberpunk, two rpg loves that will always be close to my heart. Working; but I will come by and make a character tonight if time permits.

Yay! Welcome!

By the way, if anyone wants to do a 1 on 1 RP to get a better understanding of the universe or anything like that, let me know. I'd be more than willing to help :3

TheRose202
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:56 am

Okay but may I just say, who the f-ck would put an AI in the body of a great dragon,

druidquest
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Storyteller Novelist Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MyEyesAreBlack on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:44 am

There we are, got my characters finished up! Lemme know if anything's not satisfactory.
Let's get this straight. I'm an owl. Wise omen of death. Hoot-hoot.

"Whirlwind life of faith and betrayal; rise in anger, fall back and repeat. Slow degrees on the dark horizon, full moon rising lays ever at your feet!" - Far Cry by Rush

~Kir

MyEyesAreBlack
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRose202 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:21 am

druidquest wrote:Okay but may I just say, who the f-ck would put an AI in the body of a great dragon,

Oh, no, not like that. You give it control over the Harfield Manor research. In other words, where the other guy would've ended up destroying all of Berlin to eliminate the dragons, APEX's goal is to perfect the virus so that it need not be spread in such a manner. I'm trying to say this in such a way that people who've played the game will know what I'm talking about but with minimal spoilers >.>

TheRose202
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:51 pm

TheRose202 wrote:
druidquest wrote:Okay but may I just say, who the f-ck would put an AI in the body of a great dragon,

Oh, no, not like that. You give it control over the Harfield Manor research. In other words, where the other guy would've ended up destroying all of Berlin to eliminate the dragons, APEX's goal is to perfect the virus so that it need not be spread in such a manner. I'm trying to say this in such a way that people who've played the game will know what I'm talking about but with minimal spoilers >.>

Well that's not nearly as fun

druidquest
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRose202 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:37 pm

druidquest wrote:
TheRose202 wrote:

Well that's not nearly as fun

Oh APEX is still plenty fun. Particularly if you're a Decker :P

TheRose202
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MyEyesAreBlack on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:46 am

Ugh.. sorry about the wall. Once I got the scene going, I found it hard to stop myself. >.>

MyEyesAreBlack
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Yeah I hate doing that too, it just seems to keep pouring out when you keep writing.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRose202 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:54 am

MyEyesAreBlack wrote:Ugh.. sorry about the wall. Once I got the scene going, I found it hard to stop myself. >.>

Oborosen wrote:Yeah I hate doing that too, it just seems to keep pouring out when you keep writing.

Don't apologise! Do it more! :D Even if it makes me feel completely outclassed, I love reading it all :3

TheRose202
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:55 am

For a moment, just imagine a place in Berlin during the fighting that you could not get alcohol. But if its better for continuity I can just switch it to something more classy, like tea.

Edit*
Yes Brandon is in the Cafe and yes Europe has plenty of them that sell hard spirits as well. They just keep them away from view on the counter, most usually under it.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:54 am

Should I just erase it and post again, so everyone could get the chance to react in case they were too confused to do so this time?

Oborosen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRose202 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Oborosen wrote:Should I just erase it and post again, so everyone could get the chance to react in case they were too confused to do so this time?

If you'd like :P

TheRose202
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:40 am

I could make a corp player

druidquest
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!