Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Now Open: RPG Staff Applications

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Now Open: RPG Staff Applications

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:00 pm

Edit (1/28/17): Moderator Applications are now CLOSED. Scholar applications remain open, as do applications for the new Designers team.

Dear RPG Community,

As part of ongoing efforts to improve and revitalize the site, the Gateway staff is looking to expand and add new members. Being a member of one of our staff teams is an excellent way to contribute to the well-being of the community, and we’re in dire need of both Moderators and Scholars.

Below, you’ll find applications for both teams, as well as a short description of each team’s basic responsibilities and features. If you think you fit well with a staff team, and have the time and effort to contribute as a volunteer, please fill out the corresponding application and send it in. We’re looking forward to building both teams, and in so doing, expanding the staff’s capacities on the site as a whole.

Cheers,
Kurokiku,
Moderator and Scholar

The Moderators

RPG’s Global Moderators team is responsible for making sure content posted on the site, whether in chat or the forums, adheres to the site’s rules and regulations, but the job goes beyond user management. Rather, the mods are also at the fore of community growth and maintenance. The ideal moderator candidate will be someone with sound judgement, a helpful demeanor, a positive mindset, and a willingness to make decisions regarding user conduct sanctions and the like. Moderators should also be at least basically familiar with site navigation, and willing to learn to use new tools as part of their jobs. We’re looking for people who are independently motivated and interested in helping the site through a long-term transition, which is bound to have its own growing pains.

Moderator applications are CLOSED.

The Scholars

The Scholars are responsible for maintaining an active site presence that includes high-quality writing, participation in forum discussion of RP, and acting as role models for new and existing community members, often but not always through sharing their expertise as mentors. The ideal scholar candidate is someone with excellent writing, publicly viewable on the site, who is also friendly, helpful, conscientious, and interested in helping the community at large grow and improve.

Scholar applications should be sent to Kurokiku and VitaminHeart.

The Scholar Application:
Code: Select all
[font=times new roman][b][u]Scholar Team Application[/u][/b]
[u]I: Basic Information[/u]
[i]Username:[/i]
[i]Alternate Accounts, if any:[/i]
[i]Age:[/i]
[i]Years On the Site:[/i]
[i]Time Zone:[/i]
[i]Average Hours On Site, Per Week:[/i]
[i]Non-English Languages Known:[/i]
[i]Any mentoring or teaching experience?:[/i] (Please Explain)
[u]II: General Questions[/u]
[i]1. What would you consider your strengths as a roleplayer and a writer? What are you, right now, skilled and comfortable enough with to help other users learn or discuss?[/i]
[i]2. Conversely, what do you consider your weaknesses, or areas on which you could use some improvement?[/i]
[i]3. Describe your level of participation in RP. Do you write in the multiverse? Have you run or participated in tab-style RPs in the past? How many things are you writing for now, and what are those projects like?[/i]
[i]4. What, of your previous writing, would you say you’re the most proud of, and why?[/i]
(Please include a link to the content, if possible)
[i]5. What are some things you think the Scholar team can do to improve the overall site community and experience? Please include specifics if you can.[/i]
[u]III: Scenarios[/u]
[b]Suppose you are a Scholar. What would you do in each of the following situations?[/b]
[i]A: You see a rules violation occurring in chat: one user is posting links to inappropriate content or attempting to harass another user.[/i]
[i]B: Someone PMs you, seeking a mentor to help them improve their writing.[/i]
[i]C: Someone is asking a question in the RPA or Help forum that you don’t know the answer to.[/i]
[i]D: A user confronts you, believing that you have disrespected them by something you wrote in response to a forum post of theirs.[/i]

[b][i]And lastly, would you be willing to talk informally with one of the Scholar team leads, either over PM or in some form of private chat, regarding your application?[/i][/b][/font]
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Now Open: RPG Staff Applications

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alexander Wolfsberg on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:30 pm

I might send in a application either way but...

is this a paying job?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alexander Wolfsberg
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:25 pm

@Alexander Wolfsberg

Sorry, it's non-paying.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Funny Valentine on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:43 pm

hello there. so, I know that I've only been a part of the site for almost a month but wanted to ask if there was any amount of time that you'd have to be apart of the site before applying? I know my way around pretty well, so far. totally understandable if so. just wanted to ask before I embarrass myself in sending in an application. c:

Funny Valentine
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist Tipworthy Author Greeter Promethean Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Inspiration

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!