Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dawn of the Shinsengumi

Dawn of the Shinsengumi

a part of “Dawn of the Shinsengumi”, a fictional universe by Luciferus.

"Good men mean well. We just don't always end up doing well." And as with all good intentions, there are repercussions.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dawn of the Shinsengumi”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Dawn of the Shinsengumi

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:39 am

Hello, and welcome to Dawn of the Shinsengumi!

Thank you for showing interest in this revision of Genesis, and please remember to read the following links. They have information that you may need to know. One such link is to the Directory, a view of the world as it is now. It may be updated later; it might not be. Another link is to the NPC thread. It will tell you of the two major NPC characters and give you a slight glimpse as to who they are. The third link is crucial that you read. It has information about how to create a character for this particular roleplay. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here, or PM them to me!

[1] - Directory
[2] - NPC's
[3] - Character Creation

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Luciferus
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Dawn of the Shinsengumi

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrian. on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:14 am

Hi there, I once made a reserve for Genesis, but alas I didn't have time to partake, so now I'm glad to see it's came back to life :D
May I reserve a human role? :D
His FC would be Koujaku from DRAMAtical Murder :)

Also, is it possible to make him being like... cursed by a yokai he once encountered in the past? xD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chrian.
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:46 am

Sure thing!

If you have any questions or anything, feel free to keep asking them!

Luciferus
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cracker jacks on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:57 am

this roleplay looks awesome...
may i reserve a half-yokai character, please?
FC is Takuma from hiiro no kakera
Last edited by cracker jacks on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cracker jacks
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Sure thing, cracker jacks.

Luciferus
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phantasms on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Hello there! May I reserve a human character with the FC of Wang Yuanji?

phantasms
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Sure!

Luciferus
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElegyNote on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:19 am

Hello! I'd love to make a character for this roleplay!
Though I'm still debating on whether I want to create a human or a yokai, I'm pretty set on Akatsuki from Log Horizon for the FC if her design/attire is fitting. Thinking of creating a mercenary/possible theif type character.

ElegyNote
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:15 am

Alright, still thinking about what direction I'd actually like to go with her, but I should probably express my interest and not just appear randomly later with a character. Anyway, the FC will be Ryougi Shiki:

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:38 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Had a few things to do today...

Anyways, that's fine, guys! Lifecharacter, choose whatever you feel will be best. Kind of the reason why I gave free range on characters!

If anyone needs help, has any questions, feel free to ask me! I'll answer as swiftly as I can!

Luciferus
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:20 am

So I asked a couple questions over PM, but I forgot to ask about the timeframe of everything, which is something that might be relevant to others depending on what they're going for. Like, what's the rough year this is taking place in and how long has he been running both the Yakuza and Edo.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Time period is roughly before the Edo period, since Edo isn't quite that big yet. It didn't officially flourish until the Tokugawa shogunate ruled from 1603-1868. I'd say it's roughly around the early 1500's, give or take a few, during the Sengoku period. Technically, the Shinsengumi weren't formed until the late 1800's, but since this is slightly different (way different, actually), the time period is still somewhat feudal age. There is a chance this will be slightly merging two different time periods.

Such as the trades between Europe and China and all that jazz. For the sake of the story, I'd say they began roughly around this time, which actually helps contribute to yokai extermination with the import of the muskets and firearms. Of course, there are still going to be limits on those kinds of things and all.

As for how long he's been running the Yakuza: Yoshi's been in charge for at least a good three centuries. The Yakuza didn't properly form until maybe about fifty years ago, at least not officially. He's been in charge of Edo for about two centuries, give or take. Technically, Edo was given to him by the daimyō whom he had served, since land was the only way he could pay Yoshi at the time. Not an uncommon form of method, but Edo was technically just sad at the time, so it was given to Yoshi. Now that it's a flourishing village, there are a few who are aiming to take it, not only Sakuya.

I hope this clears some things up. If it doesn't make any sense, I apologize! I'm a little tired, still. If something needs clarifying, please do not hesitate to say so!

Luciferus
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysothemis on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Hello! I've noticed that spots may be a little tight right now, especially the female roles. I'd still like to express interest in a female spot, if you don't mind. I don't know about a current face claim, but I am leaning towards Botan from Donten ni Warau or Yukimura Chizuru from Hakuōki. Oh, and I plan on making her human! I don't know the ratio at the moment, but it seems that you only have one human at the moment ^^.

I'll let you know as soon as I decide!

Edit: Decided to go with Suì-Fēng from Bleach!

Spoiler: show
Last edited by Chrysothemis on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrysothemis
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Sure thing! I think, at this time, I'll stop accepting female slots.

There are only two male so far, so if maybe we get at least one more male application, things will look better!

Luciferus
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrian. on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:12 am

Shigeru is officially finished, hope he's to your liking :)

chrian.
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:16 am

I'd like to apply for a male role, please! Umm, FC is Yato from Noragami. I am not entirely sure whether to make him human, dragon or a summoner of a dragon but for now I'll stick with human dragon summoner I guess? Depends on how many yokai we've got. :D

Apologies for the lack of a picture, but my internet is really spotty so I'll get it up tomorrow.
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:21 am

It's fine, no worries about the picture. It doesn't really need one if you mentioned who the FC is. Also, I'm not entirely sure about a dragon summoner. If you'd like him to be a hanyō, he can be one. So far, the human to yōkai ratio is a little even... I think. Anyway, if you have any questions just let me know.

Male roles are still appreciated for anyone who is interested in creating one.

Luciferus
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrian. on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:33 am

Just curious, when would you think we could start? :D

chrian.
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:30 am

By the end of this week, hopefully. Assuming we have enough characters by then, since Chrysothemis has dropped their reservation. Not entirely sure, it may be sooner than that. All sheets/reservations/character submissions should be done by the 15th, though, so I'll know for sure, then.

Luciferus
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:30 am

Hmm. It's less summoner, and more of a pact. Admittedly it'd be better if its a demon, since that's what's normally used, but I thought a priest who serves the dragon by giving it offerings and some other stuff in return for aid and blessings would be, well, more interesting I guess? Although making an actual dragon is great too.

Ancestral weapon would probably be a lance... Hmm.

I'll try to get something up during the week. Life is currently busy at the moment, with tests and all, but I should be able to finish everything by the weekend, if not most of it.
Last edited by Alle9009 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!