Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

ToS Reaver versus Giant Frog

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

ToS Reaver versus Giant Frog

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ToS-Reaver on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:30 pm

This is a very long post, but I would be very happy if someone from here could judge it. I wouldn\\\'t feel right pulling a judge from Yahoo or Realchat because this fight took place in the GWing chat.

So if someone could take the time to read it over and give their input that would be fantastic. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------

<ToS> [ Fantasy sound good? Weapons allowed? ]
<ToS> [ Want to fight to the death, or until someone gives/loses? ]
<crzycziri> Fantasy sounds good.
<crzycziri> Weapons should be allowed.
<ToS> [ All right. ]
<ToS> [ Mind going first? ]
<crzycziri> Fight to the death unless one gives up.
<crzycziri> >_> Could you go first.
<ToS> [ Sure. ]
<ToS> -Each of his steps brought him closer to his goal. He was there for a reason, and he didn\\\'t intend on neglecting it. Though normally a goof-ball and a nice guy, he tried to be serious about this. He was of average height, not quite six feet tall, and his weight always fluxuated. He was slender, but muscular at the same time. Across his back there was a single strap that came all the way around, the sheath contained his sword. It was a long, cleaver like blade that extended nearly to the ground and well up past his shoulder, very large. Running a hand back through his generally spikey orangish-blonde hair, he left his blue, large headphones up over his ears for the time being, just awaiting his oppnent.-
<ToS> [ Did it cut off? ]
<crzycziri> yeah
<ToS> [ Where? ]
<crzycziri> It was a
<ToS> -It was a long, cleaver like blade that extended nearly to the ground and well up past his shoulder, very large. Running a hand back through his generally spikey orangish-blonde hair, he left his blue, large headphones up over his ears for the time being, just awaiting his opponent.-
<ToS> [ Ball is in your court. ]
<crzycziri> [Sparring another person at another forum, so it\\\'ll take a bit longa]
<ToS> [ I see. ]
<crzycziri> >_>
<crzycziri> Can I use my frog char instead?
<crzycziri> He\\\'s very fun to use.
<ToS> [ I don\\\'t mind. ]
<crzycziri> A pool of water fell onto the swift grasses, before suddenly transforming into an oblong plate of ice. The plate of ice soon dissolved, but if his opponent was a prophet of sorts, he would be able to notice that it wasn\\\'t really gone, as in its effect. A small frog appeared where the plate was, and it seemed to get bigger as it walked, but it didn\\\'t seem to be moving within this plane yet. It was traveling across the mirror worl
<crzycziri> It continued to grow, and today it lacked any mechanical gear except for gears pumping within it, it generally appeared as a tank toad; with a bubbled stomach filled with all sorts of magic. A shifting seal with the runic tongue for \\\"animal\\\" swirled around on the frog\\\'s back, constantly shifting colours. The bubbled toad\\\'s mouth was slightly ajar, and a tongue full of chi was sparking out. Soon, arrays of chi began to form under
<crzycziri> The frog then finally hopped out of the \\\"mirror plane\\\", and prepared its inner body for something fun. The frog itself was roughly ten feet all, the rest of its body maybe a bit longer. The frog appeared inflated, almost like a bubble, and for some reason something must reside within it. The area inside the frog was a bit larger than it would appear on the outside, but not by much right off the bat. The charms and slightly warpe
<ToS> [ Ok it cut off in various places. ]
<crzycziri> done
<ToS> [ \\\"It was traveling across the mirror worl---\\\" ]
<crzycziri> ... ugh
<ToS> [ \\\"Soon, arrays of chi began to form under---\\\" ]
<ToS> [ \\\"The charms and slightly warpe---\\\" ]
<crzycziri> world, and would eventually complete its transit. Today, the frog was a tender silver, closer to white. You could see that its skin was softer, and appeared moist. How? Boy, this must be the magic mirror.
<crzycziri> the skin and paint onto the toad. The toad was getting rather big of now, and was partially in and out of the mirror world. A small salamander slipped out, probably invisible, camoflauged with the grass and mud.
<crzycziri> warped plane allowed maybe 4000 cubic feet of storage. (That appears to be right.
<ToS> [ Ok, so it\\\'s a Frog? ]
<ToS> [ Just like...a normal frog would be at the beach? ]
<crzycziri> its a multiple
<crzycziri> a giant frog
<ToS> [ Ok. ]
<crzycziri> [10 feet tall, I believe I posted that
<crzycziri> [Well, its body is an enviroment for other creatures.
<crzycziri> And it uses them to attack.]
<crzycziri> [It and 2 others are the main ones.]
<crzycziri> [Bamg is the Frog, Bang is a magical glowworm, and Zera is a magical tortoise]
<crzycziri> [All animals and lifeforms that normally inhabit the toad are enhanced in all levels.]
<crzycziri> [The name of this char is Bamg~Bang~Zera
<ToS> -To say that Reaver was surprised would have been a huge understatement. He even reached up to rub his bony knuckles into his eyes, hoping that when he removed them the frog wouldn\\\'t actually be there. It was. Shrugging a little bit, he reached up to grip the pommel of his cleaver like blade, pulling it free with hardly a noise. Holding it off to the side in a single hand, it was sadly reminiscent of Cloud\\\'s (FF7) sword. He allowed a moment for the severity of the giant toad to register, and with that, he began a slow, measured pace towards this monstrous foe. All the while, swirling magical energies began to exhibit themselves around the massive weapon that was held out to the right.-
<crzycziri> It cut off at he allowed a m
<ToS> -He allowed a moment for the severity of the giant toad to register, and with that, he began a slow, measured pace towards this monstrous foe. All the while, swirling magical energies began to exhibit themselves around the massive weapon that was held out to the right.-
<crzycziri> The salamander\\\'s energies were cut off to those who were not within the frog, and mainly went into hiding. Unless Reaver has some sort of technical vision, he is not going to notice the details. The salamander, and its squadron of other salamanders were hiding their aura but using it at the same time to make their feet hover off the ground gently, while not disturbing the air and its currents. They were controlling the air in a
<ToS> [ Cut off at \\\"They were controlling the air in a\\\" ]
<crzycziri> way
<crzycziri> It cut off only one word. :(
<crzycziri> But I\\\'m making a follow up post
<crzycziri> cuz yeah
<crzycziri> The salamander and its squadron walked \\\"lightfooted\\\" across the ground, towards their target. They were draining the energies of the toad and the other inhabitants of it to add to their own abilities. Meanwhile, the frog sent its energies into a swirling flow to keep the Reaver from viewing any change in its spirit energy, that is if he could even see chakra and chi that fine.
<crzycziri> done
<crzycziri> [I like this char because it\\\'s very interesting and fun to use.[
<ToS> [ I bet. ]
<ToS> -He did notice something, a shift in the atmosphere about him, but he tried not to pay it too much attention. Gathering himself, he bent his knees and exloded suddenly from the ground. His feet would still barely shift upon the earth but to the naked eye it was difficult to see. Each of his steps allowed him to gather more momentum, and with his increasing speed towards the target, that damnable humongous Frog, Reaver would reach down with his left hand to grip the bottom of his blade\\\'s handle. Keeping a tight grip, he continued forth, the magical energies creating a maelstrom about his blade now, and becoming much more prominently viewed. It were as if there was a tempest of fire around his weapon, and with each passing moment it grew; adding more danger to his rush. There lay only 10 yards left between him and the frog, and with each stride there was left an imprint of his feet.-
<crzycziri> [The shift in the atmosphere could be easily described as a worm drilling through mud or a bird singing you know. Good thing you didn\\\'t put much thought into it.]
<crzycziri> cut off
<crzycziri> Reaver would Reach down
<ToS> -Reaver would reach down with his left hand to grip the bottom of his blade\\\'s handle. Keeping a tight grip, he continued forth, the magical energies creating a maelstrom about his blade now, and becoming much more prominently viewed. It were as if there was a tempest of fire around his weapon, and with each passing moment it grew; adding more danger to his rush. There lay only 10 yards left between him and the frog, and with each stride there was left an imprint of his feet.-
<crzycziri> [Interupts legal?}
<crzycziri> Cut off at with each strife
<crzycziri> *stride8
<ToS> -With each stride there was left an imprint of his foot.-
<crzycziri> k
<crzycziri> The salamanders fed off their own senses and knowledge from the frog, they knew he was going to run, so they were going to move as well. Waiting until he bursted, they were charging energies as well. Once his foot crashed on the floor and his dash started, they would suddenly burst as bullets.
<crzycziri> They were still hidden for the most part, but less energy was fed into keeping them invisible, for the vibrations made by the large man would hide the vibrations made by the small army of salamanders. Soon, they fed on the magical rites granted through them by the frog and their other comrades, and took on the ability of the spiders inside of the toad, as they were running, they were creating tiny webs infused with their spiritu
<crzycziri> Their paths would interweave so the threads would not be straight, but curved and webbed, like well a web. The threads were made unusually sharp, as if they were barbed and they were filled with the cursed venom of the spiders as well. Even some hairs that resembled tarantula hairs were forged onto these threads. But, these threads were so small, for the most part they were invisible. As they bulleted past the man, they released
<ToS> [ Cut off at \\\"Tiny Webs infused with their spiritu--\\\" ]
<crzycziri> ....
<crzycziri> GAH
<ToS> [ Cut off at \\\"the man, they released---\\\" ]
<crzycziri> spiritual energies and animalistic magic.
<crzycziri> the animalistic energies held in by their seals
<crzycziri> continuing
<crzycziri> The animalistic magic simply took the form as mighty, flaming spirits of tigers and blue whips of snake-like spirits.
<crzycziri> [Done.]
<ToS> [ Ok...I don\\\'t quite understand what happened. ]
<ToS> [ Because there\\\'s no mention of there of a direct attack to me, only that they went past me. ]
<crzycziri> ugh
<crzycziri> can you repeat that
<crzycziri> somehow
<crzycziri> I accidentally
<crzycziri> hit refresh
<crzycziri> >_>
<crzycziri> <_<
<crzycziri> >_>
<crzycziri> <_<
<ToS> [ What did you do with your attack? ]
<ToS> [ It wasn\\\'t clear. ]
<crzycziri> Well, they were making paths of trhead
<crzycziri> as they dashed towards you
<ToS> [ Ok, so they\\\'re visible now. ]
<ToS> [ Or at least the thread is. ]
<crzycziri> yes and no
<crzycziri> yes if you have good enough eyes
<crzycziri> once they passed you
<crzycziri> or got close enough like under you
<crzycziri> or to the side of you
<crzycziri> the used magic
<crzycziri> so if you detected them
<crzycziri> they could still attack you
<crzycziri> that is if you already weren\\\'t tangled up
<ToS> [ All right, well I\\\'m going. ]
<crzycziri> {damn, this was fun)
<crzycziri> (I haven\\\'t had a good match with either of my chars lately.)
<ToS> [ No, I mean I\\\'m posting. ]
<ToS> [ Lol. ]
<ToS> -It was his intention all along to perform this action, but the urgency of the situation was realised when he noticed the slight glimmer of thread in the air. Time seemed to slow as his preternatural vision allowed for him to trace the beginnings of the thread and notice what he had not been able to earlier. Narrowing his eyes in anticipation and concentration; Reaver tensed the muscles in his legs. Swinging his cleaver like sword up onto his right shoulder, still holding it with both hands, he waited until the thread was close enough to him so that it couldn\\\'t change directions fast enough to intercept his route, and then he leapt into the air. His powerful leg muscles combined with his supernatural prowess allowed for him to easily clear the height of the deadly, poisonous barbs that had been woven and carried him much closer to his true foe; the Frog. While still in the air the energies that had been undulating about the weapon suddenly united with the blade for a split second. There was that moment where time stood still again, Reaver high in the air merely feet in front of his opposition; his blade shouldered and legs curled up from the massive leap that he had taken...and then everything detonated. Time sped up as Reaver would slash his blade downwards in the air towards the giant, magical Frog. The blade itself was titanic, but it wouldn\\\'t reach the mutant; it was the energy that vacated the blade that would become a torrent of magical wildfire, exploding out into a huge blast of furious flames extending 10 feet wide and high and still expanding like a cone and headed directly towards the elephantine amphibian.-
<ToS> [ Lol it\\\'s really long. ]
<ToS> Are you there?
<ToS> Let\\\'s do this in PM.
<ToS> Because they\\\'re beginning to annoy me.
<crzycziri> Sounds good.
<ToS> sword up onto his right shoulder, still holding it with both hands, he waited until the thread was close enough to him so that it couldn\\\'t change directions fast enough to intercept his route, and then he leapt into the air. His powerful leg muscles combined with his supernatural prowess allowed for him to easily clear the height of the deadly, poisonous barbs that had been woven and carried him much closer to his true foe; the Frog. While still in the air the energies that had been undulating about the weapon suddenly united with the blade for a split second. There was that moment where time stood still again, Reaver high in the air merely feet in front of his opposition; his blade shouldered and legs curled up from the massive leap that he had taken...and then everything detonated. Time sped up as Reaver would slash his blade downwards in the air towards the giant, magical Frog. The blade itself was titanic, but it wouldn\\\'t reach the mutant; it was the energy that vacated the blade that would become a torrent of magical wildfire, exploding out into a huge blast of furious flames extending 10 feet wide and high and still expanding like a cone and headed directly towards the elephantine amphibian.-
<crzycziri> cut off at while
<crzycziri> They didn\\\'t change directions
<crzycziri> they simply released the energies upwards
<crzycziri> as to throw you into a cloud
<ToS> [ It was thread that they were dragging with them. ]
<crzycziri> it probably wouldn\\\'t score a direct hit
<crzycziri> hm?
<ToS> [ I waited until it was too late for them to change directions properly. ]
<crzycziri> They didn\\\'t.
<ToS> [ That was the point of waiting until the last possible moment. ]
<crzycziri> I said in an earlier post
<crzycziri> that they were releasing animalistic energies
<crzycziri> since they could not change direction
<ToS> -While still in the air the energies that had been undulating about the weapon suddenly united with the blade for a split second. There was that moment where time stood still again, Reaver high in the air merely feet in front of his opposition; his blade shouldered and legs curled up from the massive leap that he had taken...and then everything detonated. Time sped up as Reaver would slash his blade downwards in the air towards the giant, magical Frog. The blade itself was titanic, but it wouldn\\\'t reach the mutant; it was the energy that vacated the blade that would become a torrent of magical wildfire, exploding out into a huge blast of furious flames extending 10 feet wide and high and still expanding like a cone and headed directly towards the elephantine amphibian.-
<crzycziri> they simply activated the seal
<crzycziri> which was positioned on his back
<crzycziri> cut off at towards the giant
<crzycziri> *their backs*
<ToS> giant, magical Frog. The blade itself was titanic, but it wouldn\\\'t reach the mutant; it was the energy that vacated the blade that would become a torrent of magical wildfire, exploding out into a huge blast of furious flames extending 10 feet wide and high and still expanding like a cone and headed directly towards the elephantine amphibian.-
<crzycziri> So, you say that the magical release of energies
<crzycziri> would not work?
<ToS> [ I don\\\'t think they would have the reflexes to send it to him in time. ]
<ToS> [ I would think if they did send it at him, it would be at his back after he passed the net they had created. ]
<ToS> [ But I was under the impression that it was a web like a spider web, that they were carrying with them. ]
<ToS> [ And releasing it would only bring it in the direction that they were traveling. ]
<ToS> [ Because there is nowhere implied that it was a projectile weapon. ]
<ToS> [ Which is, in a sense, why I said your post wasn\\\'t clear. ]
<crzycziri> ... wtf I didn\\\'t fire the threads at you
<crzycziri> they were simply dropping the threads out of the behind
<crzycziri> on the toads
<crzycziri> they have a weapon a seal on them
<crzycziri> they opened the seal
<crzycziri> to release energies that they took fromt he frog
<crzycziri> simply casting a spell of spirits
<ToS> [ I\\\'m so lost, so tell me what they are doing? ]
<crzycziri> traveling while bringing the thread with them
<crzycziri> once they noticed that you were preparing for a jump
<crzycziri> they broke the seal on their backs
<crzycziri> with the mind
<ToS> [ That would be literally a split second thing, when they noticed it I would have already jumped. ]
<crzycziri> it was kinda like a weapon
<crzycziri> it was meant to scrape you
<ToS> [ The seal was what was keeping the threads attatched to them right? ]
<crzycziri> not for a direct hit
<crzycziri> no
<crzycziri> the seal was simply a second weapon
<ToS> [ . . . ]
<ToS> [ Ok so the thread was directly attatched to them? ]
<crzycziri> On their backs
<crzycziri> yes
<crzycziri> to their asses to be precise
<ToS> [ And they released the thread? ]
<crzycziri> No.
<crzycziri> Okay.
<crzycziri> They have threads on their ass
<ToS> [ Ok, so the thread was not released. ]
<crzycziri> and a seal on their back
<crzycziri> The seal was an automatic spell cast for them
<ToS> [ Ok. ]
<crzycziri> so they wouldn\\\'t have to spend time casting
<crzycziri> when they wanted to
<crzycziri> they simply could think of it
<ToS> [ Uh...ok. ]
<crzycziri> and it activates
<ToS> [ Doing what? ]
<crzycziri> the spirit spell with the tiger and the snakes
<ToS> [ Mmkay... ]
<ToS> [ Well, I leapt up over them. ]
<ToS> [ So if they release the seal now it would be at my back to chase me. ]
<crzycziri> well more like
<crzycziri> once they noticed your sword movement
<crzycziri> they kinda upped their senses
<ToS> [ The sword movement wouldn\\\'t be indicative of the leap. ]
<crzycziri> yeah but they were suspsecting something
<crzycziri> the frog was kinda not doing anything but idling and spending its time watching and charging
<ToS> [ The logical thing to think would be that he was going to slash the thread. ]
<crzycziri> and delivering tiny bits of info to the salamanders
<ToS> [ Not that he was going to jump. ]
<crzycziri> kinda like logistics
<crzycziri> either way
<crzycziri> they were going to release the energies
<crzycziri> so that he couldn\\\'t
<ToS> [ Then they would have released them at him on the ground. ]
<crzycziri> o-o no
<crzycziri> the seals were positioned
<crzycziri> to fire upwards only
<crzycziri> and home
<crzycziri> not to fire downwards
<ToS> [ Sounds pretty complicated for an auto-cast seal. ]
<ToS> [ Wouldn\\\'t that require more prepping? ]
<crzycziri> Not really.
<crzycziri> I had a paremeter to fire upwards
<crzycziri> making basic
<crzycziri> as it didn\\\'t have the ability to fire in all directions
<crzycziri> it only home based on the spirits
<ToS> [ But it homes. ]
<crzycziri> feeling the other spirits
<ToS> [ And it\\\'s thought activated. ]
<crzycziri> thought or perhaps bodily activated
<crzycziri> they think
<crzycziri> in a specific way
<crzycziri> and their body temperature would change disntcly
<crzycziri> activating it
<crzycziri> their bio signal change
<ToS> [ Well, either way I don\\\'t think they would have fast enough reflexes to let the spell out in time to interrupt his jump. ]
<crzycziri> [The frog was idle. It wasn\\\'t really doing more than logistics. It was watching you. It was also sending small bits of information via a psionical channel
<crzycziri> It had more time to create planes
<crzycziri> because it wasn\\\'t moving
<crzycziri> the frog could even force them to activate it if he wished
<ToS> [ Ok, what I\\\'m saying is that their reaction time would be behind mine as I am the one making the initial action. Since my shouldering of the weapon was simultaneous with the jump, I would say the magical energy would be chasing him. ]
<crzycziri> it would be kinda like
<crzycziri> scraping your feet
<crzycziri> in mid jump
<ToS> [ You still have to attempt with it, because I curled my feet up in the jump if you read my post. ]
<crzycziri> Hm.
<crzycziri> Then you\\\'re right, that wouldn\\\'t work.
<crzycziri> Sorry bout this conflict.
<ToS> [ It\\\'s okay. I was just trying to make sense of the situation. ]
<ToS> [ I\\\'m sorry about making it so complicated lol. ]
<ToS> [ Since the Frog is so stationary...do you think he would be able to move? Otherwise I would say the fight is over. ]
<ToS> [ He\\\'s big so I would have a hard time seeing him moving very fast .]
<crzycziri> He doesn\\\'t have to move.
<crzycziri> He just blocks it
<ToS> [ All right. Go ahead with your post. ]
<crzycziri> The salamanders would release the snake spirits as the tiger would be too slow, and so, these snakes quickly snaked through the air and would attempt to quickly bite the man\\\'s foot and inject a sort of physical and spiritual poison.
<crzycziri> The snakes wouldn\\\'t be too slow, because they had the liberty of not having a true body, and because they were given a burst by the spell to partially negate the burst given by the jump.
<crzycziri> (I\\\'m doing this in parts, to avoid having to do cut offs.
<ToS> [ Yup. ]
<crzycziri> Now, the frog saw the man infront of him and flipped the switch that was keeping him so idle. He asked for the biological factories of all kinds, wether they be animals, plants, or bacteria for thier energy and spark.
<crzycziri> *their*
<crzycziri> He appeared as a bubble toad, well, because maybe he had a good deal of air within him. He could simply release that air inside of him with. And he did just that, he forced the mist out of his body and ignited it with a magical charge, sending a flamethrower and a thrust out of his mouth. A blue one.
<crzycziri> The mist was filled with all sorts of crystalline shards, acting as catalysts for the frog\\\'s magical spray. The frog rocketed backwards from the man, and partially into the air from the thrust as he lost a good deal of \\\"weight.\\\" His body would begin to become slightly less bubbled as he shot away.
<ToS> [ Is that it? ]
<crzycziri> Now, also with the burst thrust was a good deal of psionical charge manifesting in that location. With the puny, but many minds of flies, he would create a rather well orchestrated wall. Yes, this toad had many flies within its body, but for the most part, they stayed in a part made for them.
<crzycziri> And lastly, its own massive mind began to drawn on powers which could be resembled to that of Hypnotoad, and utilized the biological factories as parts to use as a house and catapult for its own mental energies.
<ToS> [ Just say when you are done. ]
<crzycziri> This psionical assault was directly fired at his opponent\\\'s mind.
<crzycziri> Done.
<crzycziri> *wait*
<crzycziri> *checks*
<ToS> [ All right well, you know the rules of TB right, how the mechanics function? ]
<crzycziri> Hm?
<crzycziri> I assumed that they were like Gaian and Yahoo rules.
<crzycziri> Link plz.
<ToS> [ Well, they are. ]
<crzycziri> [Okay, but why are you bringing them up?]
<ToS> [ So an attack that is prepped for say 3 turns would be more powerful, energy wise, than an attack that was say brought up on the spot? ]
<ToS> [ This is how I understand the rules. Seeing as 3 turns gathering energy would allow for a better flow and a bigger store. ]
<crzycziri> [What do you think the frog was doing? It was charging, too.]
<ToS> [ But you\\\'re over-extending. You\\\'re doing like 7 things at once. Each post is only allowable for technically one committed action. ]
<crzycziri> [Hell, its factories were stealing charge from the light.
<crzycziri> ... what?
<ToS> [ You can\\\'t charge, attack, move and defend all in the same post. ]
<ToS> [ Notice how all I did for 3 turns was move and charge. ]
<ToS> [ You were charging the Salamanders. ]
<ToS> [ And attacking with them. ]
<crzycziri> The aren\\\'t the same being as the toad.
<crzycziri> They were moving.
<ToS> [ But they still count towards your limit otherwise you are having a multiple character battle against me. ]
<crzycziri> They had a pre-made seal there, that required no true charing.
<crzycziri> Essentially, it is a multiple character battle, but is compounded into one char.
<crzycziri> Let\\\'s assume that the frog had less energy.
<crzycziri> First off, the frog moved away mainly.
<ToS> [ And as such their actions would be succinct. ]
<ToS> [ He moved backwards, the blast was headed for him and expanding. ]
<crzycziri> the attacks were more od a distraction
<ToS> [ So it would still hit him. ]
<crzycziri> he moved backwards FAST
<ToS> [ He\\\'s a 10 foot tall Frog. ]
<crzycziri> He was a bubble.
<crzycziri> He had a hell load of air inside his enviroment
<ToS> [ I was 5 feet in front of him. ]
<crzycziri> He ignite... ?
<crzycziri> how the heck
<ToS> [ I told you to read my post over carefully. ]
<crzycziri> Wouldn\\\'t my char have a chance to interupt
<crzycziri> as soon as you jumped
<crzycziri> the salamanders
<crzycziri> were quite far away from the center toad
<crzycziri> you jumped over them
<crzycziri> there was still a distance between the toad
<ToS> [ No, I was 10 yards away before my leaping post. ]
<ToS> [ Then I stated clearly in my post that I was only a few feet away. ]
<crzycziri> ....
<crzycziri> then you ran into the threads
<ToS> [ No, I leapt over them. ]
<ToS> [ I\\\'m still in the air. ]
<crzycziri> but not if you were five feet away
<crzycziri> that area was covered by da toad
<ToS> [ I wasn\\\'t five feet away when I leapt. ]
<ToS> [ I was 10 yards away when I leapt. ]
<crzycziri> .. then frog had a chance
<crzycziri> to activate
<ToS> [ I ended the action, suspended in the air, 5 feet in front of him. ]
<crzycziri> when you were 10 yards away
<crzycziri> and i interrupted
<crzycziri> going backwards before you finished the jump
<ToS> [ The only reason you would have to move backwards was when I released my attack. ]
<ToS> [ Which is what you moved in sync with. ]
<crzycziri> ...
<crzycziri> The frog saw the maelstorm charge before you attacked
<crzycziri> when you jumped
<crzycziri> it got a bad impression
<crzycziri> and flew backwards
<ToS> [ No. ]
<crzycziri> It doesn\\\'t want to ..
<crzycziri> what do you mean no
<ToS> [ You are using knowledge that you have now to try and change your action. ]
<crzycziri> you don\\\'t say what my char knows
<crzycziri> ........
<crzycziri> my frog
<crzycziri> was attacking indirectly
<crzycziri> long distance
<crzycziri> it wants to keep it that way
<crzycziri> so it jetted back
<crzycziri> would you not move back
<crzycziri> if something jumped at you
<crzycziri> it doesn\\\'t need to know that you are attacking it
<crzycziri> it would probably assume that
<crzycziri> from a full hearted leap
<crzycziri> hell the salamanders knew it
<ToS> \\\"Now, the frog saw the man infront of him and flipped the switch that was keeping him so idle. He asked for the biological factories of all kinds, wether they be animals, plants, or bacteria for thier energy and spark. \\\"
<crzycziri> why wouldn\\\'t the frog
<crzycziri> ....
<crzycziri> he could see the man infront of him
<ToS> [ The frog didn\\\'t move until after I was 5 feet in front of you. ]
<crzycziri> 30 yards away is still infront of him
<ToS> [ Sigh. ]
<ToS> [ Why don\\\'t you just admit your mistake and use it as a learning experience rather than create a fight out of it. ]
<crzycziri> I made no mistake.
<crzycziri> :|
<ToS> \\\"The salamanders would release the snake spirits as the tiger would be too slow, and so, these snakes quickly snaked through the air and would attempt to quickly bite the man\\\'s foot and inject a sort of physical and spiritual poison. \\\"
<ToS> [ That came first, before your frog moved. So your frog wouldn\\\'t have moved until after I leapt. ]
<crzycziri> ....
<ToS> [ Posts are in chronological order. ]
<crzycziri> Not exactly.
<ToS> [ Yes, they are. ]
<crzycziri> If it was in chrnonological order, it was still a split second off
<ToS> [ You never stated in your post that \\\"before this happened, however; \\\" ]
<crzycziri> it was giving the frog\\\'s order
<ToS> [ The order would come after he had already leapt. ]
<ToS> [ And then it stated in your post that the Frog didn\\\'t move back until he had expelled the energy. ]
<crzycziri> .. he moved back from expelling energy
<ToS> [ The time with which it took for the Frog to expel the energy would be enough for Reaver to close in. ]
<ToS> [ Exactly. ]
<crzycziri> .........
<crzycziri> Why would it be enough time
<crzycziri> he ignited it
<ToS> [ Because he didn\\\'t even notice Reaver until after he had leapt. ]
<crzycziri> and it was released quickly..
<crzycziri> WHAT THE FUCK
<crzycziri> YOU DON\\\'T SAY WHAT MY CHAR DIDN\\\'T SEE
<crzycziri> IT WAS IDLE
<crzycziri> IT WAS WATCHING YOU
<ToS> [ You stated in your post what it did. ]
<ToS> [ I can only go by that. ]
<crzycziri> Apparently, you can\\\'t use logic?
<crzycziri> Puppetmastering, I believe may fit what you are doing.
<ToS> [ Don\\\'t get insulting; I\\\'ve been civil this entire time. ]
<ToS> [ Posts are chronologically ordered. ]
<ToS> [ You first expelled the magic seal at the bottom of my character as he was leaping over the thread. ]
<crzycziri> Yes, and?
<ToS> [ It was then that you stated that the Frog noticed my character coming. ]
<crzycziri> .......
<ToS> [ AFTER the expulsion. ]
<crzycziri> It would have to notice
<crzycziri> that you were coming
<crzycziri> as the salamanders act as extentions of its body
<ToS> [ Therefore, by your own decree, he didn\\\'t notice that my character was assaulting until that point. ]
<crzycziri> IT GAVE THEM ORDERS
<ToS> [ Ok, but I am referring to this post. ]
<crzycziri> I used Now as a phrase to start off my post
<crzycziri> a transition
<ToS> [ I am not referring to his general awareness of my character. ]
<ToS> [ I am talking about his perception of the attack. ]
<crzycziri> He could percept the attack.
<crzycziri> :|
<ToS> [ I didn\\\'t say he couldn\\\'t. ]
<crzycziri> He noticed the character if he gave the salamander\\\'s an order to attack
<ToS> [ I\\\'m saying that you chose to perceive the attack after Reaver had already leapt. ]
<ToS> [ Thus the transition time from when he expelled his own energy, to when Reaver let his loose would be enough time for Reaver to be as close as I mentioned in my post. ]
<crzycziri> ...
<ToS> [ Think of it this way. ]
<ToS> [ Nevermind. Do you not understand the idea? ]
<crzycziri> The salamanders knew the man was going to leap
<crzycziri> they launced their snakes
<crzycziri> to home in
<ToS> [ OK, you\\\'ve stated that before. ]
<crzycziri> now
<ToS> [ You launched them at the bottom of my feet. ]
<crzycziri> when the salamanders go tknowledge of the man
<ToS> [ That implies I was above them when it happened. ]
<ToS> [ Therefore, I was leaping when you did it. ]
<crzycziri> I was explaining what would happen
<ToS> [ And I was in the middle of my leap before the Frog even un-idled. ]
<crzycziri> if anything
<crzycziri> you would be mid air
<ToS> [ 10 yards is not very far. ]
<crzycziri> the frog has a link with the salamanders
<ToS> [ Oh my gosh. ]
<crzycziri> as they launched their attack
<crzycziri> the frog moved back
<ToS> [ He never moved back. ]
<crzycziri> their knowledge combines
<crzycziri> .......
<crzycziri> Oh, yes he did.
<ToS> [ He was moved back as a result of his attack. ]
<ToS> [ Never did you state he moved back on his own. ]
<crzycziri> ... that was not an attack
<crzycziri> that was a defense mechanism
<crzycziri> that could also act as an attac
<ToS> [ The release of his \\\"bubble\\\". Whatever. ]
<crzycziri> it was a thruster
<ToS> [ I really don\\\'t want to have to take this to a judge. ]
<ToS> [ Can we not resolve this in a peaceful manner? ]
<crzycziri> the psionical attack was later
<ToS> [ But you\\\'re not being logical. ]
<crzycziri> I say you\\\'re not being logical.
<crzycziri> Logic is percieved by my own perception.
<ToS> [ Backing up wouldn\\\'t do anything to stop my attack, it\\\'s a cone that is expanding forward. ]
<ToS> [ And that didn\\\'t make any sense. ]
<crzycziri> I say you\\\'re being overly literal and not using logic, only what I had written.
<crzycziri> ... its not backing up
<crzycziri> ITS JETTING BACK
<ToS> [ That\\\'s not what you said. ]
<crzycziri> ................
<crzycziri> i said rocketed back
<crzycziri> I beliebe
<ToS> [ No, you didn\\\'t.
<crzycziri> ...... I believe I did
<ToS> [ You said \\\"moved back\\\". ]
<crzycziri> The frog rocketed backwards from the man, and partially into the air from the thrust as he lost a good deal of \\\"weight.\\\"
<crzycziri> into the air as, into the sky
<ToS> [ Yeah I just read it now. ]
<ToS> [ But you never made a clear distinction as to how far back you moved. ]
<ToS> [ So I am going to assume not very far, and not out of the reach of my attack. ]
<crzycziri> ....
<crzycziri> Puppetmastering.
<ToS> [ How is that Puppetmastering? ]
<crzycziri> If you could go by the verb rocketing, and shooting
<crzycziri> into the air
<crzycziri> it should come out as rather far
<ToS> [ You are not supposed to leave anything for me to assume. ]
<crzycziri> that cone will not expand forever
<ToS> [ Otherwise it can always be assumed in my favor. ]
<crzycziri> I didn\\\'t think it needed to be explained that finely
<ToS> [ You are a 10 foot Frog. I would assume that because you are so big, you would have a huge amount of weight. ]
<crzycziri> I did not state that the frog finished moving
<crzycziri> ... i said the frog was bubbled
<crzycziri> if it was bubbled
<crzycziri> you could assume ti was filled with a good deal of air
<crzycziri> actually making it rather light
<ToS> [ Or I could assume that it is very heavy because it\\\'s a 10 foot frog and you claimed there are many organisms living inside of it. ]
<ToS> [ You aren\\\'t detailed enough and that is your downfall. ]
<crzycziri> There was no need to add more detail.
<ToS> [ Obviously there was. ]
<crzycziri> You should interpret with logic, not assume.
<ToS> [ You didn\\\'t state how far back you went, you never even stated that you were out of the range of the fire-storm. ]
<crzycziri> You\\\'re taking advantage of a post that appears rather........
<crzycziri> what the fuck
<ToS> [ You never even mentioned my attack. ]
<crzycziri> ...
<crzycziri> I didn\\\'t feel the need to
<crzycziri> because I assumed that you would be intelligent
<crzycziri> and that logically, the two attacks would clash
<crzycziri> I didn\\\'t want to assume what would happen
<crzycziri> if they clashed
<ToS> [ You can\\\'t do that though. This is what I am saying. My intelligence has nothing to do with your lack of description. ]
<ToS> [ The point of TB is to not leave openings like that. ]
<crzycziri> [:| Now I know why I shouldn\\\'t be fair with my fights.]
<ToS> [ What do you mean? ]
<crzycziri> I\\\'m going to pick out every lack of detail in your post
<ToS> [ Ok. ]
<crzycziri> thank you for this jackassery
<ToS> [ How is it Jackassery? ]
<crzycziri> ...
<crzycziri> GOD DAMNIT
<crzycziri> I REFRESHED
<crzycziri> SO ITS NOT THERE
<ToS> [ Besides, my attack would rip through yours.
<ToS> [ 3 turns of magical gathering versus an instantaneous attack. ]
<crzycziri> .....
<crzycziri> 3 turns doesn\\\'t necessarily make it more powerful.
<ToS> [ Besides...you\\\'re trying to defend against fire with oxygen. You would only enhance the effects of my attack. ]
<crzycziri> I don\\\'t see how a frog that is idle, mostly charging.
<crzycziri> .. I never called it
<crzycziri> oxygen
<crzycziri> I called it mist
<ToS> [ You called it air, too. ]
<ToS> [ Air contains Oxygen. ]
<crzycziri> ......
<crzycziri> OH GOD
<crzycziri> A LITERAL
<crzycziri> FUCKING LITERALS
<ToS> [ ... ]
<crzycziri> I HATE FUCKING TECHNICALISTS
<crzycziri> THAT REFUSE TO ACT WITH ANY SORT OF FUCKING LOGIC
<ToS> [ ... ]
<crzycziri> BUT INSTEAD WILL PICK OUT MEAGER DETAILS THAT ARE MISSING
<crzycziri> INSTEAD OF INTERPRETTING IT INTELLIGENTLY
<ToS> [ I guess assuming there is oxygen in air is pretty illogical. ]
<crzycziri> .......
<crzycziri> You\\\'re being a technicalist.
<crzycziri> Okay, you never said your fucking attack was fire
<crzycziri> you said it looked like it
<crzycziri> you said it was \\\"a rage of magic\\\"
<crzycziri> or something to that effect
<crzycziri> I do not remember the words
<crzycziri> combust
<crzycziri> or ignite
<crzycziri> you may have described it as a magical flame, but I\\\'m not even sure there
<crzycziri> that term can be pretty broad actually
<ToS> [ Um.. ]
<ToS> [ I\\\'ll quote myself. ]
<crzycziri> I think we shall need a judge
<ToS> [ \\\"The blade itself was titanic, but it wouldn\\\'t reach the mutant; it was the energy that vacated the blade that would become a torrent of magical wildfire, exploding out into a huge blast of furious flames extending 10 feet wide and high and still expanding like a cone and headed directly towards the elephantine amphibian.-\\\" ]
<ToS> [ Where do you not get fire out of that? ]
<crzycziri> magical wildfire
<crzycziri> hm
<crzycziri> I\\\'ve heard of a frozen flame
<crzycziri> wild = chaos
<ToS> [ Point being? ]
<crzycziri> wild = can be considered different
<crzycziri> cold is different from hot correct?
<ToS> [ Let\\\'s look it up in the dictionary, shall we? ]
<ToS> [ \\\"any large fire that spreads rapidly and is hard to extinguish.\\\" ]
<crzycziri> add the term magical
<crzycziri> and its properties could be that of LOL COLD FIRE
<crzycziri> that spreads rapidly
<ToS> [ Um...no. ]
<crzycziri> and is hard to extinguish
<crzycziri> because of its strange properties
<crzycziri> :-)
<ToS> [ Magical: produced by or as if by magic ]
<crzycziri> Let\\\'s just get a judge.
<ToS> [ That doesn\\\'t mean that it\\\'s cold. ]
<crzycziri> But, it could.
<crzycziri> ;-)
<ToS> [ No it couldn\\\'t. ]
<crzycziri> Why couldn\\\'t it?
<crzycziri> I\\\'ve heard of magical flames that froze instead of burnt
<ToS> [ Is that what I said? ]
<ToS> [ Let\\\'s look at my description. ]
<crzycziri> you didn\\\'t say if it was hot or cold, I believe
<ToS> [ Let\\\'s look at the definition of fire. ]
<crzycziri> Let\\\'s not look at it.
<crzycziri> Fire can have different meaning
<crzycziri> when combined with magical
<ToS> [ \\\"a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light, heat, and flame.\\\" ]
<crzycziri> .....
<crzycziri> but a magical fire
<crzycziri> usually doesn\\\'t follow that
<ToS> [ No, magical merely means it is magical in nature, that is is created magically. It neither adds nor detracts any type of element. ]
<crzycziri> it doesn\\\'t usually burn off of oxygen
<ToS> [ I\\\'ll put them together. ]
<crzycziri> you were charging oxygen or heat
<crzycziri> Let\\\'s get a judge, lt. literal.
<ToS> [ \\\"produced by magic, a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light, heat, and flame.\\\" ]
<crzycziri> Fire can still have different meanings.
<crzycziri> Frozen Flame
<ToS> [ I didn\\\'t say \\\"frozen flame\\\". ]
<ToS> [ I didn\\\'t say \\\"cold fire\\\". ]
<crzycziri> You left me to assume cold fire
<ToS> [ No I didn\\\'t.]
<crzycziri> with my ass face
<ToS> [ What the hell is wrong with you. ]
<crzycziri> :)
<crzycziri> You be an ass with your technicalities and so will I.
<ToS> [ Ok, wow. ]
<crzycziri> Yes, wow.
<crzycziri> Wow at you
<crzycziri> Now, get a judge.
<ToS> [ I\\\'ll save the log and have it judged on a message board. ]
If your success is not on your own terms, if it looks good to the world but does not feel good in your heart, it is not success at all. Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ToS-Reaver
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:18 pm

I'm assuming that this match is unorthodox (closed). If Reaver should continue, it would be best that he lowers his standards, mirroring the mechanics of Frog. Frog doesn't seem to be familiar with the idea of one action per post, so it would only be fair that Reaver accomodate this.

Reaver still may avoid the psionic attempt with little effort, there were no stated charges. I suggest that both parties clarify their actions in future posts, as the differences between the two of you will create further conflict and dispute over "technicalities".

One last thing - it is always helpful to clarify the rules of engagement with the opponent before fighting. Best of luck to the both of you!
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.