Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

TOTAL REQUEST LIVE

a topic in Artwork, a part of the RPG forum.

Show off and solicit your artistic skills! Here you can request a character drawing, sell your artistic skills, or even learn how to improve your not-so good skills.

Re: TOTAL REQUEST LIVE

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:56 am

I am so totally doing this...
maybe for all of my characters!
I have to use an older one first, though, cos my latest one isn't fully developed!
Dovey, you can draw in so many different styles it is amazing, I've never seen anyone with as much range as you have!

Name: X'yr Prata
Species: Halfbreed (Water Nymph/Panther Demon)

PHYSICAL STATISTICS
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 140
Waistline: 29"
Body Type: curvy and toned

APPEARANCE (she has a human form and her natural form, pick which one you wanna draw, though both would be awesome)
--Hair--
Length: Shoulder length
Style: tentacles (kind of dread-like, but they are actually really snakes)
Texture: Smooth and slick
Color: Aquamarine (natural) Black (human)
--Eyes--
Shape: catlike
Size:larger than normal, but not overpowering
Color: Ice-blue iris and whites, silver vertical slit pupil with a black outline
Eyelashes: faint.
--Skin--
Shade: Translucent watery blue. often very icy and solid (natural) Caramel skin/latina (human)
Scars: none
Tattoos: none
Other: She has a black cats tail, and about two inches from the tip of it there are three silver rings around it.
--Clothing--
Top: none (natural. even though she is well endowed in her natural form there is nothing other than the shape) a simple white tank top (human)
Over-top: none
Bottoms: none (natural) a loose, flowy skirt to her mid thighs (human)
Shoes: none
Accessories: A slender black cat's collar with a silver bell in the front (both)

MENTAL STATISTICS
Concept: strange, playful, naive
Demeanor: She can be very cold and calculating inside, but on the outside she is playful and loves to tease

REQUEST SPECIFICS:
Pose: any pose that is comfortable with you, preferably standing though, maybe with one of her hands playing with one of her tentacles.
Expression: smiling/thoughtful
Scene: any you wish
Sample Images: I don't have any, sorry. ><
Other Resources:
Really? ...... Oh? ..... Yeah. ..... Uh huh ....... Su-ure ......
Yeah....ya, I'm not really listening to you right now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

datenshi_snow
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:51 am

I think I'll start on a series of tutorials at Bane1150's request. And datenshi, you're welcome to post as many characters as you like. : ) I tried to follow your description as well as I could--complicated character (which was fun to draw, of course)!

datenshi_snow's X'yr Prata:

Also, I just want to point out this topic's purpose: ANYONE IS WELCOME TO DRAW OR COLOR THESE REQUESTS. So far about two people have been contributing. I don't mind doing these requests, but I feel like I'm monopolizing the place.

So, come on, you fellow artists (namely everyone in this thread)!!!

Maybe people can start coloring. To get things started, you all are welcome to color my sketches.
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dovey
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:52 am

WOW!
o_o You're f*cking great!

geez you're so nice, and talented... wow...
Thanks so much! I love it so much!

datenshi_snow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:25 pm

Hey,
Thanks for even considering my request. I know i asked kinda rudely, I just got a little exited thats all. Oh by the way, im preety good at coloring so just tell me which pics need colored and ill see what i can do. (Or you could pm me the pics that need colored)

Thanks agian,
Bane1150 (John Hathaway)
Please Go Here and Register So i Can Get A FREE IPOD TOUCH!!
http://www.YouriPodTouch4free.com/index.php?ref=4974629

Bane1150
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:39 pm

Bane1150 wrote:Hey,
Thanks for even considering my request. I know i asked kinda rudely, I just got a little exited thats all. Oh by the way, im preety good at coloring so just tell me which pics need colored and ill see what i can do. (Or you could pm me the pics that need colored)

Thanks agian,
Bane1150 (John Hathaway)

I'm ecstatic that you are willing to color!! You can start with the next request I pick up. I'll PM you. : D

DOES ANYONE WANT BANE1150 TO COLOR YOUR PICTURE??!! HMMMM??!! YOU CANNOT RESIST.

Oh yeah, I also did a tutorial... bleh... Dovey's How to Draw Basic Faces Tutorial (don't look, it's teh oogly)

Dovey
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:56 am

Hey, thanks agian im sure your tutorial will help alot! :D

Bane1150
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:39 pm

Here is an attempt at coloring I made. Not sure if it is very good or not. But I gave it a shot. I am going to go back in and attempt some shading and stuff tomorrow.

Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:49 pm

Wow, that's awesome, Drako11! I like how clean it looks. The color really makes a difference. I can't wait to see how it looks shaded.

Dovey
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:27 am

O.O HOLY CRAP. Excellent work!! I'm in complete awe!

Mia Siserae
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:49 am

Next picture colored. This one doesn't have shading I am tryign to figure it out lol all my other attempts at shading on the other picture have failed so far. XP But I'll get there eventually.

Drako11
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vladimer on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:22 pm

hey, just got here but gotta say like what you have done. only have one charecter atm.

Name:Silent
Species:vampire

PHYSICAL STATISTICS
Height:5'8
Weight:175
Body Type:athletic

APPEARANCE
--Hair--
Length:short
Style:slicked back
Texture:smooth
Color:black
--Eyes--
Shape:almond
Size:medium
Color:whitish grey, has no irisis
Eyelashes:short
--Skin--
Shade:tanish
Scars:none
Tattoos:none
--Clothing--
Top:tight longsleeved black shirt, kevelar vest underneath, ~think army, s.w.a.t. kinda look~
Over-top:sometimes has a flak jacket
Bottoms:black pants to match shirt
Shoes:combat boots
Accessories:wears a wrap around his eyes, has a combat knife at his left shoulder, and lower right leg

MENTAL STATISTICS
Concept: (A few words to sum up your character)level headed, cold
Demeanor:calm, collective, cold

REQUEST SPECIFICS:
Pose:mmm just him standing i guess, maybe flak jacket to his side on the ground
Expression:grin
Scene:none
Sample Images:none
Other Resources:none
What is an hour, but another second past?

Vladimer
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:35 pm

Alrighty here is Zee All Knowing Peackocks character. I finished a little while ago I am not quite as happy with the outcome of this picture as I am the other ones, but its ok. It wasl ittle harder to od because it had so much pencil shading then the others it took alot of changing otm ake itl ook how it is now(sorry if you take offense to me changing it Dovey i'll changei t back if you do) The vest looks a little odd, but I had to take all the shading out, because when I tried to color it with all the shading it looked black. Anywho without further to do here it is. (I may go back and give him a little skin tone so he doesn't look uncolored yet albino)

Drako11
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:43 pm

Dang, you sure do have your work cut out for you, Drako11 (or is it Bane1150? I thought Bane was coloring). I didn't think you were going to color all of them!

Sorry about the shading in my earlier pictures--I'll try harder to clean up my newer sketches. If my sketchy lines are still bothering you, in Photoshop you can put the lines on a separate layer and preserve its transparency. After that, you can actually change the color of the lines.

Here's how I do it in Photoshop 7.0:
1. Open up the original drawing. Change the contrast and brightness as you please to do some last minute line-cleaning.
2. Layer --> New --> Layer from Background. This lets you edit the Background layer, which is locked by default.
CTRL +A. This Selects All the entire canvas. There will be dotted lines around the edge of the image.
3. In the Layers box, go to the Channels Tab. At the bottom there is a row of icons. Click the first one, which looks like a circle of dotted lines. This selects the lines on the canvas.
4. Hit Delete. Notice all that is left are the lines against a transparent (the white and gray checkered layout) background.
5. Make a new layer. Use the Paint Bucket to fill it with white or whatever color you want. Now it looks like the original drawing, except the lines are slightly lighter.
6. Here's the most important part. Go back to the lines layer. Near the top there is a row of icons. Click the first icon, which looks like a gray and white checkered square. This allows you to preserve the layer's transparency.
7. Now with the Paintbrush you can color over the lines with whatever color you please! You can even do multicolored things like this: Image

Wow, that was long. Good luck with the rest of your endeavor, Drako--it's all looking good so far!

Anyway, without further ado, Vladimer's Silent:

Dovey
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vladimer on Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:48 pm

kool, thanks Dov

Vladimer
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:00 pm

No no no, yourl ines are fine in fact I have found it is teaching me alot trying to get rid of them XP Just keep drawing how you are. Oh and I'm not Bane, (Bane is my brother..XP) Anyway I saw this post and he wasn't coloring anything so I decided to give it a shot. I am really enjoying it so far. Oh by the way your photoshop stuff is AWESOME! Why in the world do you want me to color them when you can do those awesome things? I am nothing compared to your skills! Anywho Silent coming up soon. Then I have to figure out how to shade....Any tips? ANyone got a good tutorial for shading?

Drako11
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:06 pm

Oh, 1 other thing Dovey, those first 3 pictures you did, I think it was Peregrine and some other dudes. If you could repost those or sometihng it won't let me pull them up to look at them so I can save the picture, or maybe e-mail the file to me. LegionareAtimon@yahoo.com Thanks!

Drako11
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi Dovey, I would be coloring, but i see Drako is enjoying it, and i'm more of a special effects artist.

By the way here are some great tutorials! http://neondragonart.com/dp/tutorials/

Bane1150
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:16 am

Alrighty here is Silent, i haven't taken on the cat lady one yet it so big it scares me right now lol it iwll take a long time to do, but i'll get it done eventually. Anywho without further ado here is Silwnt. Sorry if you think it looks bad, I used him to mees around with some shading and highlights. Oh by the way I think he is an awesome character I am tempted to steal him.. XP

Drako11
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vladimer on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:13 pm

:) thanks, and looks good...now to remember how to put these things on my profile, been awhile since i been on a forum :P

Vladimer
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralana on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:09 am

Alright, because you guys are so talented, and I suck at drawing. I have to post a character here. Forgive me if I post something wrong and just change it. I don't really care all that much. Lol. Anyways here is my first character. Like honestly as for clothes just do what you really want.

Name: Evangeline O’ Riley, or Sister Evangeline
Species: Half Human/Half Angel

Height: 5 ft 3
Weight: 116- 120
Waistline: Slender waist
Body Type: She has definite curves and an hourglass shape. A bit busty, Slender frame.

APPEARANCE
--Hair--
Length: Long
Style: Loose, down, a bit wild and free flowing.
Texture: Medium to thick, curly. Not like an afro, or really poofy though.
Color: Light Red

--Eyes--
Shape: Almond
Size: Medium to large, like not huge,
Color: Blue
Eyelashes: Long

--Skin--
Shade: Fair, not pale though. She has some color
Scars: none
Tattoos: none

--Clothing--
Top: Nun: Black nun long sleeve top like nuns wear lol. Other: Black tank top, lower cut.
Over- top: Other: White button up shirt, open.
Bottoms: Nun: Long back skirt. Other: Dark Wash Jeans.
Shoes: Nun: Mary Janes. Other: Black and pink tennis.
Accessories: She always had in her hand or is wearing a rosary. If she is a nun then the headdress maybe. And…are wings an accessory? Lol.

MENTAL STATISTICS
Concept: Innocent, cautious, timid, kind, easy to read, but there is an inner strength that she hasn’t realized yet.
Demeanor: Innocent, easily embarrassed, honest-she reacts to things honestly and it is extremely hard if not impossible for her to hide her emotions, she isn’t in your face, and has a fear of crowds.

REQUEST SPECIFICS:
I would like a picture of her in nun garments perhaps with out the headdress, and a picture of her not in nun garments. Also a picture of her with her wings would be awesome. Oh, and if you guys wanna have some fun put her in a red corset as a top. It would be a hilarious joke for a friend of mine. If you need to change anything go right a head. You guys are the artists. Thanks guys.
STAR WARS

Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

[Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking]

Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing
American Physco

Patrick: I don't think we should see each other.

Evelyn: But your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. I don't think it would work. You have a little something...

Patrick: I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I thought about that. You can have'em.

Patrick: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Ralana
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.