Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Tower of Gaia

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lisolette Della Torre on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:03 pm

OOC: Please let me know if the name of this world is not "Gaia" and I will change my post, thanks.

Dear People of Gaia,

Writing from here reminds me of home. I cannot turn waste a moment without being reminded of my surroundings, and that we are in the arms of the Sea. We ride against the waves in a beyond ordinary ship and by running your worn, farmer’s hands over the fine and carefully polished maple you can see that the men who built this, no matter how large or extravagant it was not supposed to be, poured everything in to this ship, and I thank you for such a finely crafted vessel because now I face the vast and sometimes angry Sea and am comforted by the notion that I ride well, protected, and can rest trouble-free. Even as it groans and creaks and groans again, rising and falling with her gentle breathing, I know I am safe. And what I have also found to be comforting, her breath smells strongly of salt and fish, and kelp. It is refreshing to feel the Sea breathing with your body. For those of you that have never seen the sea, I hope this can help calm your eager spirits.

I ride with the most vicious of men and women, murderers, rapists, prostitutes. And I am merely of ten and nine years of age. It is intimidating to look around at my fellow passengers and see the twisted, venomous face of evil. When we arrive, they plan on separating us up into smaller, but still somewhat large, parties and from there we will set out to find this Tower of Gaia. I only pray that I have not gotten myself in more danger than I can handle. And that whoever I end up with will be tolerable and that the protection you men poured into this vessel will move with me throughout my journey.

The Bard Lisolette Della Torre

As she began to put her scribing tools away, Lisolette took a moment to seek out with just her eyes any fellow passengers on the ship. There was another woman with a scarred face that she had seen before; sullen, but she could not seem to find her at this moment. Away towards the bow two of the other passengers stood talking, and she took a moment to watch them chatter with themselves. Just as she was done wrapping the suede tool carrier around itself- a man appeared not ten strides from her.

“I’m all right!� he said, leaping to his feet, “Is anyone else all right?!�

It did not take long for the guards to seize this man, but he seemed so deliriously happy to be on the ship that he did not appear to mind at all. She followed the man’s finger as he pointed out into the Sea, a small, broken raft floated in the distance.

“You see? I’ve been saved!� he said.

One of the guards at his arm released him and barked out a laugh. “You picked the wrong ship to land on, that is certain! Now you will be riding with the rest of these fools to find the Tower of Gaia on behalf of the Empire.�

Lisolette tucked her tools into her personal leather satchel and found herself holding her breath. It was one thing to sign up for this, and it was one to be given this choice to gain freedom for sins you once committed, but to stumble across such a dangerous journey by accident?

Then she found herself wondering how a mage managed to get himself out on a rickety old raft in the middle of the Sea in the first place.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lisolette Della Torre
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:15 pm

"Ya well anyways." he said as he slammed the guard on his right to the other one "Just levae me alone and everything will be fine because frankly, I am tired! I have been floating on the ocean for about a week now, and if you decide your gonna lock me up or something you will quickly find yourself with a broken shoulder."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nightmare
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:12 pm

Hax's eyes glanced only briefly at Isis before returning to their search for land. He was damned if he was going to gives the guards anything in the way of leverage on him. He would be rid of them soon enough, likely once the boat reached the other shore. If no one had ever made it to this fabled Tower and lived to report back, there was a damn good reason for it.

"Too small, apparently." His eyes shifted, if only momentarily, to a ember-red hue. He doubted any guard would have had time to catch it, but he averted his eyes to the deck of the ship none the less, in the event that it occured again.

"So tell me, Reign. What did you get busted for this time?"

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:25 am

It seemed to be inconsequential, but Isis found it irritating that she didn’t even notice that the man that had been in the boat was already on the ship, bitching at the guards. Shrugging ever so slightly, she turned her attention back to Hax at his comment about the world being too small. A sly smirk crossed her face afterwards and she couldn’t help but agree mentally. Turning around in order to peer where he was looking at, Reign hummed a bit beneath her breath.

“So tell me, Reign. What did you get busted for this time?"

Glancing over towards Hax, Isis let out a soft snicker. How would she explain what had happened? The same way she always explained it. With words. Resting her arms against the railing of the deck, Reign ran a few fingers through her crimson hair. Dropping her voice so that it was beneath a whisper, she spoke with the full knowledge that he would hear everything.

“Well, as you probably remember from our last encounter, I am a stripper. Well, I’ve expanded my horizons a bit and am now also an assassin. Needless to say, I was about to torture and then slaughter a dirty man, but was arrested in the midst of it. Apparently the fool was connected with the dam Empire, the lousy shits. How about you?"
Last edited by Faithy on Mon May 07, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:42 pm

Faolan continued to carve until the man in the raft was brought aboard. He looked at him with wondering eyes. His face was almost emotionless as he shook his head once before turning to the female soldier standing somewhat near the ruckus.

He closed his eyes when the scuffle was over and looked back to the figure, then back to the new man. Should he help? No. He was a soldier, he awaited for orders to do so and when those never arrived he returned to his solo state of mind.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:56 am

Name: Seil = Lies spelled backwards
Height: 7'3
Weight: 310 pounds.
Skin: Pale, pallid white.
Eyes: An achromatic white with the pupils missing.
Clothing: White tunic black leather undersuit. Brown Elven boots.
Accessories: Metal gauntlets approximately an inch thick, marked with red bands along the mid section and end. Length extends from the middle of the palm to the middle of the forearm. Back and chest plated armor, half inch thick, marked with a golden triangle on the left pectorial where as a crescent moon resides on the right hand side, both embedded in a much thicker full inch width for stronger defenses. Cobalt beeded necklace resides around his neck, possessing no abilities whatseoever, but simply for design.

Weapons: Six foot long double helixed blade, crafted specificallly by himself for simultaneous offense and defense. Abilities range from ensnaring limbs within the helix and ripping them off, catching blades and disarming user with them. Sapphire discs shoot out of the blade at will - Number of discs vary on how hard the blade is swung: Example - if a spin attack is executed a barrage of ten-fifteen discs will be launched, increasing x2 for every spin. Further abilities of the blade extend from utilizing the helixes within the blade to ensnare and wrap energy around the inside and absorb it, thus allowing Seil to increase the power of his own attacks.

Magic: Din's fire. The ability to press his hands against the ground and summon a large orb of fire around his body and expand it to a full 360 degree into a forty foot radius. This attack takes at least a full seven seconds to charge before being released. when hit while charging this attack, depending on the direction he falls in all that energy will be sent into that specific direction, so this move should only be used when running or being at a safe distance in order to gather the energy. Further more using the attack weakens the power of his double helixed blade and renders him only able to fire one disc at a time, despite how many times he unleashes a spin.

Profile: Seil is a spirit manifested within the spirit of a small boy that some have come to know as the hero of time through a mask known as "The Fierce Deity mask." when the mask was placed on Link's face, it had no effect, but later on after being bitten by a vampire, instead of the boy becoming one of the blood suckers himself, the dark energy within the vampiric saliva awakened the mask's dark energy and allowed the spirtit within to take over. Seil has a relatively cruel personality and is by no means friendly, although he will do what he has to do in order to accomplish his goals, whether that be putting up with the crap that others give him, slaying dark beasts or even switching back to the form of Link in order to deceive the innocent.

Currently he has taken the form of Link once more, decieving the king into allowing him to go with, by displaying his excellent skill of a multitude of weapons, however the group will most likely be in for a surprise once they find out who the man behind the mask really is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: I'm going to try and read through some of this tonight and if possible get out a few posts.

Alucroas
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:01 pm

A boy garbed in an emerald tunic merely gazed those oceanic sapphire orbs out into the vast abyssal sea, having never been to the ocean before, it gave him a welcomed relief. Despite the fact that he knew he wasn't free from Seil's grasp, he figured he'd at least use what time that was still in his possesion and make the most of it.

The scenery was splendid and beautiful, watching the crystalline surface and it's benevolent embrace softly cradle the continents and other such land masses that existed in the world.

It was truly a day for him to be enjoying himself, that is until a large demonic man randomly hurled himself off some object and crash landed onto the ship.

Quick cognitive instincts responded in a fast fleeting matter, dashing over to the immediate sound where a swarm of guards had apprehended the unknown man and even attempted to place him under some sort of perhaps pseudo arrest.

And before he knew it the scuffle was already over. Something suspicious about the man caught the attention of Seil who was still lurking around inside his head - Unfortunately as easily as the manifestation could cake over revealing himself on a ship where he would be surrounded by dozens of people wouldn't be the best idea in the world, now would it?

Alucroas
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:26 pm

"What are you looking at? Never see a guy use magic so poorly when he shouldn't even be using magic?" He shouted out "It is my fault that I cannot use magic correctly, but it is not my fault that I landed on your deck." 4 more guards swarmed him and he knocked them aside "And please stop doing that!"

Nightmare
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun May 06, 2007 2:02 am

OOC: My apologies for the two-month delay. Fourth quarter work and various projects have kept me extraordinarily busy. I have exams in two weeks, but that shouldn't be too cumbersome, so hopefully RP can resume normally from here.

Land slowly loomed into view, Hax allowed for a small smile. He wanted to get his feet on ground that couldn't burn up, break, or splinter the fuck out of his feet. He turned his head ever so slightly to Isis, electing to go with an honest answer.

"Well, I sent a magistrate to the burn ward of the hospital, and his two guards to the deepest pits of hell. Aparently, the Empire values corruption over vigilantism. This trip is a blessing; at least I'll have some semblance of freedom."

His eyes slipped down to the water as an arrow skipped across it, a second plunging straight down just behind. Land was closer now; outside of an amatuer archer's range, but a skilled one with a longbow stood a decent chance.

"Doesn't look like we're particularly welcome here..."

As a third one sunk into the side of the boat, he was merely grateful that whoever was on the otherside either couldn't or wasn't smart enough to ignite their arrows. He turned around, leaning his back against the rail in a rather casual stance, directing his next question at the guards in general.

"So should we do something, or just stay here and get shot at?"

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Wed May 09, 2007 5:20 pm

Fuze opted to stay in an unoccupied corner of the boat for the duration of the long trip. He instead used the rocking of the boat to bring him back to the elementary days of his training for balance. An easy task to accomplish for even an amateur, but the basics build the foundation for the more advanced skills and it was something to do to pass the time by. It was irritating enough that he was stuck on a ship full of imbeciles and amateurs surely with rap sheets no greater than a quarter of his own. Only the idiots get caught... But then again, he was there too. He was in the midst of raping the daughter of a shoemaker that had a shop a few shacks down from the bar he had chosen to terrorize that week. She couldn't have been more than 16, and definitely a virgin. Her father had a passion for the drink and no son. The perfect setup for a kidnapping and a rape. Unfortunately the King decided it was an issue that needed to be dealt with, only because it would give him favor with the people to have caged this monster. If only he had five more minutes before they came, he might have been better prepared. Normally, bound by the old traditions that he had grown up with, he would have rather taken the torture and death sentence rather than perform any task for the King. But he had heard of rumors of the Ultimate weapon, and he wanted it for himself. What better tool to reap hell upon the empire again with? Ever since he had been exiled from his clan, he had begun deviating from the old traditions anyway.

Since his weapons were stripped from him when he was seized, he had been watching the guards, looking for the weakest link to steal a weapon from. With his mask covering his primary source of identification (the Japanese symbol for hell painted in red across the left side of his face), he had thus far been able to avoid being identified. His gaze was disrupted with the entrance of some large behemoth of a man falling onto the ship. After realizing his incompetency with magic, he quickly flaked him off and instead searched for an opportunity to steal a sword from one of the soldiers.

Hours passed and by then he identified one of the stiffer looking soldiers that seemed to be half asleep. There was a barely noticeable falter in his steps which indicated fatigue. When the time was right, he'd go for him.

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted with the whistle of an arrow cutting through the air. It plopped into the water ahead of the boat, which was followed by another. A third lodged itself in one of the side panels of the boat. Fortunately for him, he was more slender and smaller than some of the people on the boat. It seemed they would finally serve him a purpose. What better shields than them on a tiny boat surrounded by water? But for now he would remain at the rear of the boat outside of the current range of the archers, observing the situation to see if he could escape.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Re: Tower of Gaia

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sat May 26, 2007 1:49 am

][OOC: Yes, I am a slacker.][

There it was; her potential freedom. If she could destroy everyone that was definitely not an ally, things would be a lot better. Something told her that Hax would agree with her, which put her a little more at ease. Glancing over her shoulder, Isis took in the rest of the prisoners, judging them silently. She could probe into the mind, but didn’t really feel the need, yet. Arching a brow at one that seemed to have something inside of his ass, Reign returned her attention back to Hax as he answered her. Just like always, he gave her an answer that didn’t disappoint her.

"Aw, that’s so sad. I was hoping we would be welcomed."

Allowing a smirk to cross her face, Isis glanced down at the few arrows bouncing off the water. When the third arrow nailed the boat, Isis slid her bottom lip between her teeth, chewing upon it. Not really feeling the urge to get stabbed in one of her luscious body parts by an arrow, Reign glanced back to Hax for the third time. . Flicking a few strands of crimson out of her emerald orbs, the Siren flicked her tongue across her teeth. A snicker slid from her lips for a brief second before it disappeared behind her stoic expression. The sound came from the witty comment from her comrade.

"I for one say we do something."

Crouching down a bit, the slender female debated how far it was to the shore. She wasn’t worried about being nailed by arrows because she had her own special way of dealing with the dipshits firing. Hell, if she truly wanted, Isis could overpower the guards, but that would happen all in good time. Still the thought of getting wet wasn’t all that appealing to her, which meant another strategy. First she would wait to see was Hax did and work from there. That’s what’s so beautiful about knowing another despicable criminal.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tungsten

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orlandy on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:21 am

Name: Tungsten
Species: Mechanical golem
Weight: 1000 lbs
Height: 6’
Weapons: Large sword and a giant gear for a shield
Personality: Cold, logical and sarcastic.

The sharp thock! of an arrow hitting the hull woke Tungsten from his dull reverie. Arrows had to be fired from somewhere, and that probably meant that land was close by. Perhaps it was finally time to make his presence known.
Tungsten had gained knowledge of the Tower of Gaia from the books in his old master's study. A pathway to the afterlife did not entice him, and he wondered why it interested the humans so, as the quickest path was surely through the caress of steel. It was the weapons, and particularly the great library, that this treasure-hunter was after. Human books, he had learned, contained maps. Old maps. Maps to the glittering prizes his master had often sent him in search of. And the weapon would allow him to bring them back.

Tungsten had considered stealing the ancient scriptures leading the way to the Tower of Gaia, but his logical crystal mind led him to the easier path of stowing away on a ship bound directly for that place. The other passengers he had no care of, soldier, civilian or sadomasochist.

Uncurling himself from his position in the cargo hold, he loped off, up to the deck. His heavy feet left footprints in the solid wood and his voice, as it rose in a hollow moan, was the sound of gears grinding.

Orlandy
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.