Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Transcendence Through Time”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Transcendence Through Time

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ambassador Karik on Sat May 16, 2015 10:46 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Transcendence Through Time"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ambassador Karik
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Transcendence Through Time

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 pm

I am not quite sure where to put this so I am going to post the specie's overview here:

Name: Arkerian ‘Marble Soldiers’
Galaxy: Halvei Galaxy
Natural age range: 30-40 years
Appearance: This species is characterized by their pale skin and purple eyes. The purple color of their eyes reached from corner to corner without any spec of white which makes it hard to determine where exactly they are looking. Since their home is very dark they have developed a keen eyesight capable of seeing in the dark and seeing at farther distances than humans can. They’re skin has also grown sensitive to vibrations and can tell locations of people and items based on the vibrations they give off. Since their eyes have adapted to seeing in the dark, they have a harder time seeing color and can’t distinguish between shades of colors. Males are generally taller than females and the average male height is 6’0-6’3. Females range from 5’8-6’1. Both males and females are flexible and pride themselves on endurance so they tend to be lean rather than bulky. Hair color ranges between silver-white to a light shade of blue or purple. Besides their color oddities, they generally look human.

The Gift: The Gift is what they term the inborn ability to control certain elements. This ability resides in their blood and they can’t actually use this magic without tapping into their blood by bleeding themselves. It is thus painful to utilize and considerably draining if they bleed themselves too much. The gift allows them to control one of the following elements: water, earth, wind, fire, electricity/energy, and shadow. The most common are water and energy since those are more easily accessible in their body and in everything around them.

Disorder: Albinism is the most common term for the disorder this species suffers from but it is not quite the same as Albinism in humans. This occurred in the Arkerian because of the lack of sun exposure. Over time they lost the ability to form the melatonin needed to protect their body from the sun and rendered them vulnerable to the sun’s raise and other disorders. They lack melanocytes which breaks down Tyrosine to make melatonin. They lack another type of enzyme that hasn’t been discovered yet which is caused by lacking the melanocytes causing rather intense pain and their shorter life span.

The Synch: The Synch is something humans created for the Arkerians out of Arkerian biomaterials so that the Synch wouldn’t be rejected by their system. It incases most of their right arm with the body resting over the wrist and forearm. A spine like body rides up the arm and ends at the shoulder. Little spine like tendrils wrap around the arm and sink beneath the skin to connect to the veins and nervous system. The Synch functions as a way for the Arkerian to absorb the sun’s rays in a safe manor, inject the melanocytes and melatonin. The last function of the Synch is to dig into the vein of the arm it is attached to and bleed the Arkerian when they draw on the Gift. Because it is connected to the nervous system, it adjusts to the needs of the user and draws just enough blood for the task at hand.
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!