Transgender Girl needs acceptance. Oh where can i go now?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!
i have gone to a multitude of sites. Many ones such as like this or close to similarity with the vast exception of different formats. Styles and layouts. I have been faced with mockery. detesting demeanor and sheer mockery. All from the word Jump. I was just this new person. New. i didn't know what to expect. Who to go to. what to do... Nothing. I knew nothing.

I was looking at every site that i could get a hold of. And to me... i felt as if things would work out. But then... when i mentioned that i wanted to do a Transgender themed... They all fled. Revered me like i mattered not to them. I was disregarded by them. Then they tried to accuse a friend i know of being like me. When they were nothing like me.

This site: http://roleplaysocial.net/

has demeaned me. Made me feel hopeless in getting an Rp going. What did i ever do to deserve such awful treatment?

What am i supposed to do to get someone to help me? Don't i deserve any help... at all? Is that just so so... hard to ask for? For help? Assistance? Maybe someone to step up and want to be of any help? *Sighs*
I am a transgender girl. You can either accept me or take a hike. I am who i am and take no shame. For those who seek to judge me. Go right ahead. Take your best shot. But it won't change my resolve.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

JoannaMatildaBarlow
Member for 2 years
Promethean World Builder Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

You'll be fine here.

As much as I'd love give you a full speech of acceptance, I won't. Seems like you've been through a lot.

Dude, here at RPG, we don't care. I mean, we care about you as a person, but we don't care whether you're of this sexual orientation or that gender identification. Or, rather, I should say, I don't care. I shouldn't be speaking for the site at large.

If that's who you are then that's who you are. Now, go tell some stories and have fun here at RPG.

Don't forget to breathe and drink water. You've found a home, I think.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 8 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Re: Transgender Girl needs acceptance. Oh where can i go now

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Sambea on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Welcome welcome welcome! I am sorry you had to go through that, no one should. As VP has said we care about YOU. If you feel like you are being attacked, please let us know and we will look into the situation.

<3 <3 -Sambea.

Sambea
Member for 3 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist World Builder Beta Tester Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Salesman Greeter Tipworthy Property Buyer Concierge Lifegiver

Sambea, Thank you. I feel like i finally found a place where people actually care about me. And aren't just saying it and turning away. People actually care. You two care. *Grateful*

JoannaMatildaBarlow
Member for 2 years
Promethean World Builder Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Hey,

Just to add to these guy's reassurance above, you'll be fine here. I've just come back to RPG after more than three years away, and I have to say its been by far the best place to come and RP that I've found since ye olden days of yahoo (actually, more so than yahoo- ignore me, I'm rambling).

Anyway. If an oddball like me can ghost on people, leave for years and come back to acceptance and warmth, then its gonna be good for people who don't carry that baggage too.

You're gonna be fine.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

oldtimereminiscence
Member for 2 years
Person of Interest Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Those who belittle others are nothing more than ignorant, immature idiots. Welcome to RPG and enjoy every type of RP that you desire. If someone doesn't like it, that doesn't matter, because someone else will eventually. There is a variety of genres for a reason, and you will fit right in I'm sure of it.

Good luck. xx

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 3.25 INK in return for their work.

FeistyDeadlySins
Member for 4 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings Completionist Visual Appeal Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Icewolf on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:23 am

I tired joining Roleplaysocial and left within a day or so. All I wanted was to add a few links and got treated badly by a member of staff. I ended up deleting my profile. I don't like to say bad things about a site, but the admin encouraged copyright violations by allowing/adding anime and music videos to the site. It's not the same issue as being bullied for being Trans, but it's the kind of site I'd avoid like the plague based on my experience of it alone. I hope you find your RP home.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Icewolf
Member for 2 years

If you'd like to discuss transgender issues, we have a lovely forum for Discussion and Debate. This is a theater where we objectify personal issues; many times I've worked out my problems with mental health by discussing with fellow RPGers, at a safe distance.

Otherwise, roleplaying is about fictional stories. You can send abusive users to my parlor (discussion-debate-f61.html). They can try to defend their thoughts about trans until they are blue in the face. Abuse includes ad hominem, such as using information about you as a person as a weapon against you.

Or, you can privately message anyone on our moderating team. We're here to make your stay comfortable.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 8 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IDontHoldHands on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:33 pm

I'm so sorry that you had to go through something like that. That's absolutely horrible. My wife is a trans woman. You'll always get acceptance from me. :)

I've found this site to be a great site. I've been here about four or five years and have seen a lot of great RPs. :)

IDontHoldHands
Member for 3 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby harley_q on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am

This is truly my favourite place to RP. I've been a member for years, but when I switched computers I lost my login info like a dummy...lol But you will have a wonderful time here, I feel. There will always be a few bad eggs here and there, but the majority of the people on this site are wonderful and welcoming. <3

harley_q
Member for 2 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ClearPrime on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:57 am

I'm really sorry you got treated like that. Hopefully you aren't seeing any more of that here!

ClearPrime
Member for 3 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!