Transsexuality: Mental Disorder or not?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

Transsexuality: Mental Disorder or not?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:55 am

I already know the answer to this, but thought it would be an interesting topic here in D&D.

Often the opponents of transsexuality state that transsexualism is a mental illness and shouldn't be reinforced. On the other side there are people who deny even that gender dysphoria is a mental illness, despite gender dysphoria being distress coming from the discomfort that ones genitalia don't match with the identity (often a mental illness isn't a mental illness until in causes major distress or potentially cause harm to self or others).

If someone is going to state that transsexuality causes harm to others, I will stop you right there, because that is like stating that your religious liberties are being taken away because you are a Christian despite the fact that you want to use it to harm others and take the liberties of others away with it. It is a ridiculous argument.

Discuss.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!