Tv tropes

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Tv tropes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ninjagamer on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:56 am

How familiar are people on this site with tv tropes. Are there any rp's pertaining to the site. If so, are there any I can join? Does anyone want to start a roleplay with me in regards to tv tropes. btw I'm a noob. Here is a link to what I'm talking about.

http://tvtropes.org/
If the link doesn't work then just copy and paste the address onto the search bar.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ninjagamer
Member for 3 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Tv tropes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ragdoll on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:07 pm

A lot, if not all, of the people on here are very anti-trope. Most people like special snowflakes that defy boxes and labels and blah blah blah.

If you want to explore a wide range of different tropes, that sounds more like what comedians would do.. via sketches. In rpgs.. or writing stories in general, it would require sticking to one "trope" so that the reader will be emotionally invested. But if you're constantly jumping from character to character.. or "trope" to "trope", there's no emotional investment. Which is what many, if not all roleplayers want from an RPG.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Ragdoll
Member for 3 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Promethean World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver

Re: Tv tropes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Actually, we have a TV Tropes page about one of the RPs on here written by a member.

Check it out, it's pretty cool.

LawOfTheLand
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!