Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

Types of RPGs You Into?

a topic in Game Design Workshop, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars

A forum for discussions about the general design of RPG systems and techniques for building good roleplaying games.

Types of RPGs You Into?

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi there everyone. I know people tend to mention what kind of RPGs they're into either on their profile page or in their Intro on the Welcome page, but I wanted to create a topic for it here. On a side note, it be nice if the mods of the site could create a Pinned Thread for people to list what kind of rpg people are generally into. It's okay though.

Anyway, a sure fire way for me to become interested in an RPG is if it has romance in it. Pretty much over 95% of rpgs I've been in have had that element. The 5% that didn't have it though, they at least had intriguing storylines and settings, especially if they're in a Fantasy setting. I will admit though, I am pretty picky though.

I have noticed that over the years I've become more selective of things in general since I know what I like. So what about the rest of ya'll?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Re: Types of RPGs You Into?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi Zodia, I moved your topic to RPG design as it's a much better suited forum for this sort of topic. (great question to ask btw too!)

As for what type of RP?
I generally steer clear of Romance/Highschool/Slice of life type. I'm more an escapist and enjoy Science Fiction and Fantasy, but not high fantasy with dwarfs.. more like dark/gritty Dresden Files like stuff.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Thank you Absenthia.

Lol, I use roleplay purely for escapism hehe. I grew up on fairy tales and since I had a well . . . hard childhood, I wanted to create my own stories and fairy tales became a safe haven. The idea of love itself just spoke to me because I was so desperate for it. That's why I love romance base RPGs as an adult. Hey I am single too lol, so I at least want my characters to have that 'happy ending' lol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JoePerterson on Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:17 am

Role-playing shooters are shooter games with RPG elements. Borderlands, for example, has you put points in various stats as you level up. MMORPGs, or massively multiplayer online role-playing games, are RPGs where you play online with other characters, such as World of Warcraft.

JoePerterson
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!