Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Types of RPGs You Into?

a topic in Game Design Workshop, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars

A forum for discussions about the general design of RPG systems and techniques for building good roleplaying games.

Types of RPGs You Into?

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi there everyone. I know people tend to mention what kind of RPGs they're into either on their profile page or in their Intro on the Welcome page, but I wanted to create a topic for it here. On a side note, it be nice if the mods of the site could create a Pinned Thread for people to list what kind of rpg people are generally into. It's okay though.

Anyway, a sure fire way for me to become interested in an RPG is if it has romance in it. Pretty much over 95% of rpgs I've been in have had that element. The 5% that didn't have it though, they at least had intriguing storylines and settings, especially if they're in a Fantasy setting. I will admit though, I am pretty picky though.

I have noticed that over the years I've become more selective of things in general since I know what I like. So what about the rest of ya'll?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Re: Types of RPGs You Into?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi Zodia, I moved your topic to RPG design as it's a much better suited forum for this sort of topic. (great question to ask btw too!)

As for what type of RP?
I generally steer clear of Romance/Highschool/Slice of life type. I'm more an escapist and enjoy Science Fiction and Fantasy, but not high fantasy with dwarfs.. more like dark/gritty Dresden Files like stuff.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Re: Types of RPGs You Into?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Thank you Absenthia.

Lol, I use roleplay purely for escapism hehe. I grew up on fairy tales and since I had a well . . . hard childhood, I wanted to create my own stories and fairy tales became a safe haven. The idea of love itself just spoke to me because I was so desperate for it. That's why I love romance base RPGs as an adult. Hey I am single too lol, so I at least want my characters to have that 'happy ending' lol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!