Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Ultimate Organization (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Ultimate Organization (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wing06Twilight on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Wing dashed down the street, spells flying behind him as he gritted his teeth, leaping over a small cottage with a single jump. Suddenly he heard the unmistakeable sound of wood splitting and a woman screaming in fear.

Who are these guys!? He thought, looking over his shoulder, watching the soldiers literally rip through the small cottage, just to reach him. He growled and spun around, swords appearing in his gloved hands, his old black cloak swirling around him. The two men stopped and lifted their face visors, both smiling with satisfaction.

"Are you the one they call the Master of Gales?"

Wing looked both men up and down, his guard up in full.

"Who's asking?"
He asked, blades at the ready. The one who spoke had thick black hair covering one gray eye. The other white hair and bright yellow eyes. He could feel something emitting from them, but couldn't place his finger on it.

"You should just come with us. All will be reviled soon. All I'll say now is that you are the missing piece we've been looking for."

Wing scrapped the tip of the Featherdancer in the dirt before rushing the two men. Before he could raise the blade to attack he was thrown and held to the hard earth. Neither one of the men had moved, but rather six more had appeared around him, the biggest, holding him down.

"My my, Hadrian, he is a determined fellow. I guess the reports were true!" The white haired young man said, chuckling, to his companion.

"Who are you people?!" Wing demanded, wind throwing the heavy brute off his back. He stood and looked to see he was surrounded, three young women with Black hair on one side, three young women with White hair on the other.

Hadrian shook his head, laughing softly.

"As I have said already, it's better that you don't ask questions and just come with us, our beloved Guardian of Twilight "

Wing's body tensed as he pronounced the title.

"In this universe there are few who wield Celestial Magic, but of those few, only Three can be called the "Guardians". The same is true with other more worldly elements...but we need you."

He looked at Wing, his gray eyes narrowed, desperation filling the forced empty stare.

"You came here at Chaos' request." The white haired man started, "Yet you know little about him...Are you always so trusting of those you have only just met, Wing?" He smirked and shook his head. "Are we so different then Chaos? Is it because you have yet to see us in your past? Yes, you heard me. Recall your memories, we are there...all of us" He gestured to the other five that were with them. "We've always been there. Through the days on Prism, then Laurenska, the Ultimate Organization...we were there, you cannot deny it...search your feelings you know it to be true!"

Wing narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists, the leather gloves he wore, tightening around his fingers.

"I''ve never seen any of you in my life!"

They both Chuckled, and shook their heads. "Hadrian, he's really is just as the report said!" Hadrian nodded, smiling a toothy grin. "Oh, Lucus is correct. We were there watching, waiting. We lurk in the shadows, following you're every move...though I can honestly say you've only ever come close to seeing us once."

He pointed to a young girl on his left, she turned, blushing, her black hair flowing over her shoulder.

"One night you were walking alone through Dark City, past Memory's Skyscraper, you looked up to see this young girl falling into a Dark Corridor...you remember this correct?"

Wing thought back, and suddenly the memory flashed in his mind. He had returned to Dark city at Vecked's request, and was on his way to meet the prince, when he saw the girl smile and vanish into Darkness.

"You're confused. Now please, come with us. All will be explained in time." A large portal opened both above and below them. Wing was trapped, this wasn't an offer, it was an Ultimatum.

"Maron, Maron!" A young girl called out to her closest friend, and roommate. She wore her auburn hair short and tied it with a bright yellow ribbon, her blue eyes echoing her happiness as Maron drew ever closer.

"Hey Aero, what's up?" Marin said, hugging the excited girl.

Aero stepped back, admiring her friend for a second. She couldn't help but notice how pretty she was, and how envious she was of her. Maron had long beautiful blonde hair and ruby red eyes, a tight toned body, and a chest that made any guy who looked at her instantly fall in love.

"A letter came for Mr. Barton, the man said to deliver it as soon as possible. I couldn't find him in his office, so I thought we could run by his place and maybe get something to eat? you know, just the two of us?"

She blushed slightly as she added the last sentence.

"Sure! Sounds great, i'm starving! We should go to that new Cafe that opened up in Fountain Square last week, Mr. Barton lives right down the street from there I think..."

Aero blushed even more at the excited response, an soon the two young girls were walking arm and arm down the street towards their Professor's home. THe cobblestone streets of Downtown Cerina were something to behold this time of year, street vendors and open air markets were only found this time of year, and some would tell you that they made enough in two weeks to last a whole year. Aero and Maron just giggled though, they hadn't a care in the world, school was out for two weeks, and they finally had the chance to leave the crowded dormitories for the first time since their fourth year began. The turned down the small side street off of Market place, Inversion Street. No one knows why its called that, but Wing could tell you...though he probably never would.

Aero took the envelope from her pocket and started to knock on the door. To her surprise it opened. She exchanged looked with Maron, who shrugged and motioned for her to enter.

Wing was a simple young man, his home was filled with only the necessities, a bed, book shelf, full of books on the places he had visited in Prism, the other books he had acquired from other worlds over the past year were locked in the large trunk that sat below the dusty window sill, that looked out to the famed blue marble Fountain, Cerina's pride and joy. His clothes were strewn about the made bed, which had the appearance of never had been slept in.

"He's not here...?"

Aero said looking around the small, for lack of better words, studio apartment.

"He doesn't have any food either, but he has pots sitting on the stove..."

Maron commented, looking at the cast iron skillet more closely, trying to determine if it had ever been used either.

"Well I guess we can just leave it on his nightstand, and he can read it when he gets home." Aero said placing the small letter slightly underneath the teacher's edition of their history book. She shrugged and smiled.

"Well I'm starving, what do you say we go get a bite to eat!?"

Maron smiled and took her friend's hand, giggling as Aero blushed.

"You read my mind!"

They started to head for the front door, when suddenly it slammed shut, and the window blackened. A young man with white hair and Yellow eyes stepped from the space that had been behind the door.

"Ladies." he said with a smirk. The two held one another, fear trapping them like a deer in headlights. Suddenly everything went black, and when the room lit up again, only Xane's letter remain...the only evidence that the two girls had ever been there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wing06Twilight
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Completionist Lifegiver Streamwatcher Person of Interest Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PirateofPie on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 pm

OOC: Sorry I'm late, everybody. Busy Night, anyway...

BIC: The Night Before the Party...
"So, who's hosting this party anyway?" Xane asked, as she showed off the dress she would wear at the dance.

"Antonio Campile, Mellodia answered, admiring herself in a nearby mirror. "he's a friend of one of the judges and-"

"One of the most notorious gang bosses in Gladale," Xane added. "I mean, he's probably hosting this thing to get on the good side of everybody in the city. I mean, is there anybody who doesn't know he's a criminal?"

"Yeah, well just don't mention it at all to his face...or to anyone at the party for that matter, "Mellodia said sternly.

"Yeah, I know," Xane nodded. "But, I still don't like it."

"Well, at least someone appreciates the law in this city," Mellodia said, smirking a bit. "Even if he is a criminal."

"That's 'cause you all haven't started taking on his gang, yet," Xane said. "Take out all of his rivals for him, and you'll make him the most powerful underworld kingpin in the Dark Systems."

"Well, we won't let that happen," Mellodia smiled.

"Yeah, I know you won't" Xane said, truthfully.

"So, how's the hired help lookin', Carson?" Robby asked his younger sibling, while brandishing a clipboard.

"Oh, it's lookin' great, bro," Carson nodded. "Real great. All we need is one more waiter."

"Yeah, a waiter, now we..can..." Robby paused to notice the blue animal-like individual entering the door. "What, is that?"

"I-I dunno, Robby," Carson said, shaking his head. "He was lookin' at da sign. Maybe he wants a job?"

"A job?" Robby said, sneeringly before turning to look at the animal person. "Hey, uh, buddy, you lookin for the kids pizza joint across the street? 'Cause I tink I saw some of your woodland friends over there playin' songs on da banjo."

"Aw, c'mon Robby," Carson said. "The wolf guy's probably just lookin for a job, here?"

"Yeah, well I'll tell ya what," Robby said, throwing his arms up in the air. "You can give him a jo, but gives somebody rabies or somethin', then' it's your problem, not mine."

Carson turned towards the animal-man. "sorry, bout dat. Wanna job?"

OOC: If anyone doesn't mind, I'd like to move things on to the night of the party, so if anyone has any more posts to make that take place before the night you can get them out of the way now. I'll wait.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PirateofPie
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:04 am

Ris crossed his arms, waiting for them to finish talking about him. At Robby's last remark, the fox smiled sarcastically, nodding. "Yeah, thanks for that one, mate. I'll try not to bite -too- many people, though I'll make sure you're one of the first if I do."

Giving a small sigh, he turned his attention to what seemed to be the nicer of the two humans, his tail slowly swishing behind him. "I think I would, yes. What exactly would it entail?" He asked, shrugging his shoulders.

Ris
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nulix on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:40 am

Nulix emerged from the silver elevator doors, his head pointed down at his right wrist, where his newest watch was placed. Nulix smiled at the reflective surface of the gold and blue watch. It was the watch of his nation. The royal colors of blue and gold streamed through the edges, the U.P.A. coat of arms indented behind the ticking red hands in the background. Nulix had never truly had pride in his nation. The Sora System, in his eyes, was no more or less grand than the Ulfire System, or Vindico System. He had always seen its government just as corrupt as the rest, and its citizens just as shallow. But now things were different. He was no longer a scheming pilot of stolen ships making sarcastic remarks before flying out of the face of danger. No, now he was a diplomat. A representative of the Sora System on the Universal Government board. And he had an honorary watch to prove it.

"Nulix," A voice said, a hand matching it grabbing Nulix's shoulder. Nulix glanced up to see his good friend, and co-founder of Princeton Corp., Voltz standing beside him. "So, new offices, love it or hate it?" Voltz asked.

"Are you kidding? Its the Capima Islands! Its the capitol city!" Nulix replied as the two walked down the halls of the office. "The companies gonna go bankrupt in like a month with the price of renting out half the building but at least we got offices on the Capima Islands! That was my plan all along man. Become rich, spend all of my money on office space, have it last for like three months, and then go straveling on the streets again."

"No really, man," Voltz asked.

"Its amazing," Nulix replied. "I mean, we have the sixty-first to eight-ninth floor? And all outdoor facing walls are windows? Its amazing. Although I wish it would stop raining. Its been like three weeks."

The two made a sharp left turn and pushed open the doors to the conference room. Most of the staff members were sitting around the table, watching the slim screen up against the window. On it was Nulix, fully suited, against a podium, the mono sound of a laughing audience in the background.

"Well I mean that's how they do it in Imperial Uly, you know?" The on screen Nulix said, a larger roar in the audience laughter following. "I love how I'm treating this, E.O. Expo 45' like open mic night," Nulix chuckled. "You know its all your fault question guy. You single handedly ruined my career. Who do you work for, man?"

"EBC news!" The man at the question booth yelled.

Nulix turned towards the camera. "You hear that EBC news? You just ruined my career. When we file for bankruptcy next month you'll all know who to blame now. Alright, next question."

The laughter in the audience died down as another suited man stepped into the question booth. "Hey Mr. Princeton, how are you?"

"I'm good man, what's your question?" Nulix asked, before taking a sip out of his water bottle.

"I was just wondering with the recent shift of the company from media to military, your the recent involvement with the Universal Government and your dealings with the Universal Peace Alliance, will Princeton computers become a full military organization, like the U.P.A., with its own army and all?" The man asked.

Nulix gave a slight glance down towards his papers before raising his head once more. "Well, first off I'd like to say that we are expanding our markets not so much replacing media with something else. We are certainly not replacing anything with more military oriented products simply because we are not a weapons supplier or producer. Almost any gun now-a-days has a computer in it, and we make the best computers, so military companies like the U.P.A. no doubt want our computers to put into their guns. The same computers could be used for any other type of machinery. What the client uses our product for is their business. And as for the Universal Government... well, its true I have been a major supporter of theirs and I wish to continue to help its struggle to persuade other systems to join."

Nulix bit his lip in the conference room, watching his image from the day before play back. "You think I handled that well?" He asked Voltz to his side. "Yeah, you did good, man," Voltz said, before looking back into the screen.

"But most systems are hesitant to have an overruling government above theirs? In many ways the concept strips away many small, independent systems freedom," The man in the question booth said.

"Not at all," Nulix replied. "Its not going to rule anything, its not led by anyone. Its... for the most part a senate for all the systems were each system gets a vote on an issue. Its a way of uniting our nations. No one systems vote is superior to another. The only members of the Uni-gov are, so far, the founding systems, the Sora Republic, the Ulfire Empire, and then Vindico and Neah. Now, at least a dozen of the other major systems are considering joining and my company simple says that business between Princeton Corp. and its associates will open up to their markets. We are, as of the last four-months, a Uni-gov only corporation. So if they joined, among the other benefits, trade would open up with us which would help most of the small systems economies." A slight applause rattled through the audience as the man in the booth stepped down. A young women was next up.

"Regarding your last question," The woman started, with not so much as a greeting. "I think a major issue that concerns systems who consider joining the Uni-gov is the handling of the occupation of the dark-worlds. What's your stance?"

"I think Ulfire and Sora have a fair system," Nulix said. "They took their troops out of ninety percent of the dark worlds and all they want is the seven closest planets to their borders, the ones by Bako Bay. Now the dark world governments are all okay with that, I mean they understand it, a nation always wants to expand. The controversy is which planets go to Ulfire and which planets go to Sora. Now I think they dealt with it well, they got Vindico, a neutral system involved, to settle it. They sent their top negotiator from a royal house, Onison Betrayus, to divide the lands between Sora and Ulfire fairly. Now, he's been doing this for a year and still negotiations between Uly and Sora haven't reached their end. I feel that if we get more voting systems into the Uni-gov more people can support or not support Betrayus' decisions and when that happens we can finally settle who gets what of the dark worlds."

The audience erupted in applause. Nulix stretched his hand out and gave a quick smile before heading offstage. The camera lingered for a few moments before cutting away. Nulix leaned against the conference table with a smug grin. "Now I did that real well, didn't I?" Nulix asked, turning to Votlz. "There's a reason your the face of the company," Voltz replied with a shrug. Nulix nodded his head slowly. "Yes there is."

Nulix ran from the lobby of the Goba and Princeton building towards the docked taxi. He pulled the doors shut once he was inside. "Hey, whats up," Nulix said to the driver. "Can we head to ninety-third street?" The driver began to pull out of the building and Nulix adjusted himself in the back. He flipped his phone out and ran through his corporate messages. The only thing of note was a message from mail contact Xaneandmelo. Nulix smiled before clicking the message open. His eyes scanned through the message, excitement growing more each line. The last time he had seen his fellow UO members was at the funereal a month after the war. It was a mass funereal, a funereal for dozens, and yet there were only one or two bodies to show. What had struck Nulix the most then was the empty box for Vecked Princeton. No body. That had always disturbed Nulix. That was the last time he had seen his friends, in person, except Xane. He had visited him and Mellodia twice since they had settled down, both times being months and months ago. It would be nice to catch up with them once more.

"Driver, change course to... the spaceport," Nulix said, flipping his phone closed. "Its Capitol City sir, which one?" The driver asked. Nulix smiled, "The Princeton one."

The car swerved onto a the next lane and blurred off into the rainy blue city. Princeton Spaceport was a small and luxurious spaceport co-owned by Nulix, and only used by the rich and famous of the norther district. The cab sped to a stop beside the purple hub and Nulix stepped out, a man with an umbrella waiting. After a few phone calls and a few messages sent, Nulix was ready to leave. He slid his card key into a large golden door with the letters NJP carved above it. The doors slid open and before him lay a small purple ship. The Princeton Effort. It was small and homely, if not luxurious. Designed after the ships Nulix had driven in the past, the Storm, the Chorus, all very small ships that were made to be lived in. Nulix entered the ship and started the systems on. The lights that traced the inside and the outside of the effort came to life and the Effort silently rose from the spaceport into the raining skies.

Nearly a day latter the Effort descended onto a spaceport far away from the Capima Islands. He exited his ship and soon made his way down the street. A few minutes later he had arrived at the doors of the Urian halls, where the party was being held. He adjusted his watch slightly, and then pushed the doors open...

Nulix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Storyteller Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PirateofPie on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:05 am

Robby muttered something under his breath at Ris' last remark before walking away to attend to other matters concerning the party.

Carson held a clipboard up to Ris and pointed at something with his pen. "See, all ya gotta do is show up here tomorrow and serve peoples some food. Easy, right?"

The Day of the Party

Laurence Edison, seemed to have the worst of luck at times. Especially when things were starting to go his way. So, imagine his surprise when he'd heard on the news of how his his boss, the famous Nulix Princeton, arrived at Gladale City, most likely going to attend the party. That wouldn't throw a complete wrench in the works, it would just make it a little harder to scheme with your boss around. Especially with a boss that hardly trusted him. Well, it could be worse...at least his family wasn't here.Laurence to relax on the bed of his hotel suite at the thought, until he heard his phone ring. It was his brother. Approximately five minutes later, an irritated yell would be heard across the hotel...

"Great, I'm your chauffeur now," Xane laughed helping Mellodia into the ship.

"Oh, come on. You know I have to prepare my speech," Mellodia giggled. "Which reminds me. Don't talk to me right now. Preparing."

"Right, "Xane said. "And, would you mind laying off the wine. Yo do know how embarrassing it was to grab you off the stage as you sang some catchy blues song, right?" And with, that, Xane sped off towards the building where the party would be held.

PirateofPie
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nulix on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:13 am

Nulix observed the hall proudly. Purple banners with the gold Princeton Corp. Insignia fell from the walls, and several guards stood nearby. It seemed he had gotten there a bit early, as only a few of the guest had arrived, most of them simply admiring the hall. Nulix smiled before looking at his phone. He had about three-hundred new messages, two-hundred and ninety of them from Voltz, most likely about how he canceled a meeting with some Ulfarian company in exchange for a three day vacation trip. Nulix smiled before flipping his phone away...

Nulix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Storyteller Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PirateofPie on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:23 am

Laurence arrived at the party a bit earlier than he normally would. He was in such a hurry to get there before his boss, that he nearly over tipped the valet. Unfortunately for Laurence, he was too late. Approaching Nulix with a defeated scowl, he sighed, "Why hello, sir. Didn't think you would be attending..."

Soon, after Laurence came Mellodia and Xane, who was making sure his bow tie was on straight. Mellodia kept looking back at Xane going over various rules she wanted him to follow. "And remember Xane," she began.

"Guests first, food later," Xane yawned. "I ogt it. I haven't acted out at one of your parties since the first one."

"Just making sure..." Mellodia giggled.

"Of course," Xane smiled, rolling his eyes.

PirateofPie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nulix on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:29 am

PirateofPie wrote:Laurence arrived at the party a bit earlier than he normally would. He was in such a hurry to get there before his boss, that he nearly over tipped the valet. Unfortunately for Laurence, he was too late. Approaching Nulix with a defeated scowl, he sighed, "Why hello, sir. Didn't think you would be attending..."

Soon, after Laurence came Mellodia and Xane, who was making sure his bow tie was on straight. Mellodia kept looking back at Xane going over various rules she wanted him to follow. "And remember Xane," she began.

"Guests first, food later," Xane yawned. "I got it. I haven't acted out at one of your parties since the first one."

"Just making sure..." Mellodia giggled.

"Of course," Xane smiled, rolling his eyes.

"Well I am, Laurence. It is my company's party after all," Nulix said with a slightly forced smile. "How are things at corporate?" He asked, before seeing two figures enter through the door. A genuine smile emerged on Nulix's face as Xane and Mellodia walked in. Nulix quickly moved in towards them, leaving Laurence with a question unfinished. "Xane! You salty bulldogger how are you?!" Nulix yelled as he approached them...

Nulix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PirateofPie on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:51 am

As Nulix completely ignored him to talk to a young couple coming in, Laurence shook of any feelings of anger he had and made his way over to get himself a drink. After tonight, he'd need one.

As Xane looked up to see his old friend. he couldn't help but laugh. Xane extended a hand for Nulix to shake. "Great so far, man. Good to see you." Xane greeted, despite things not feeling so great lately. He did feel slightly better knowing that he and Mellodia might meet up with the old gang again. "Heard the companies been running smoother than ever."

"Yeah, you're all over the news, Nulix," Mellodia smiled, waving to Nulix in greeting.

"With all the coverage you're getting, I figured you'd bought out the press, "Xane joked.

PirateofPie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nulix on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:00 am

PirateofPie wrote:As Nulix completely ignored him to talk to a young couple coming in, Laurence shook of any feelings of anger he had and made his way over to get himself a drink. After tonight, he'd need one.

As Xane looked up to see his old friend. he couldn't help but laugh. Xane extended a hand for Nulix to shake. "Great so far, man. Good to see you." Xane greeted, despite things not feeling so great lately. He did feel slightly better knowing that he and Mellodia might meet up with the old gang again. "Heard the companies been running smoother than ever."

"Yeah, you're all over the news, Nulix," Mellodia smiled, waving to Nulix in greeting.

"With all the coverage you're getting, I figured you'd bought out the press, "Xane joked.

"Maybe I did," Nulix replied with a smirk. "Its great to see you guys. Did you see me on the screen three days ago? Man, this reporter was hitting me with these questions about Onison Betrayus and how he's been neglecting the dark world occupation thing, and of course he's on U.P.A. and A.G.B. payroll, and I'm the U.P.A.'s twelfth biggest share holder at this point so I got to defend them... its weird, isn't it? Once the U.P.A. was my biggest enemy... and now they're my biggest client."

Nulix shook his head. "Enough of that, though. How have you guys been, how have your lives been flying? What are you two up to lately?"

Nulix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:30 am

PirateofPie wrote:Robby muttered something under his breath at Ris' last remark before walking away to attend to other matters concerning the party.

Carson held a clipboard up to Ris and pointed at something with his pen. "See, all ya gotta do is show up here tomorrow and serve peoples some food. Easy, right?"

Leaning over, Ris examined the clipboard when the human held it up. His ear twitched after he reached the conclusion that it sounded to be a simple task. Nodding, with a more pleasant look on his face, he said, "All right, yeah, sounds easy." He leaned back to his original position, giving Carson his space, and rubbed the back of his neck. "When d'you want me here?"

Ris
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PirateofPie on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Before the party

"Tomorrow at seven," Carson answered.

During the Party

"Well, ya know, Mellodia's been doing pretty good at this whole district attorney thing. Which is the reason why we're here."

"There are other district attorney's besides me," Mellodia said, although clearly flattered.

"none of 'em are as good as you though," Xane laughed. "As for me? Teaching kids how to defend themselves is harder than it looks, but I like hangin' out at the school with Master Shuo."

As Xane spoke another person approached them, a wide smile on his face that friendly, yet strangely threatening at the same time. it was Antonio Campile, the second richest man in Gladale City as well as the person who's hosting the party. He's the one who had called Nulix up and asked him for the sponsorship.

"Mellodia, Xane, " Antonio said, extending his hand for each of them to shake. "Nice, to see you both here. I have a wonderful speech prepared for you and all of the other DA's who helped clean up this city, Mellodia."

"Yeah," Mellodia smiled, thanks for setting this up. Xane nodded, trying not to say anything about exactly how Campile became the second richest man in Gladale. Here's a hint; it wasn't legally.

Campile then turned towards Nulix. "Mr. Princeton, I presume," he said. "I can't thank you enough for sponsoring this."

PirateofPie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nulix on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:45 pm

PirateofPie wrote:Before the party

"Tomorrow at seven," Carson answered.

During the Party

"Well, ya know, Mellodia's been doing pretty good at this whole district attorney thing. Which is the reason why we're here."

"There are other district attorney's besides me," Mellodia said, although clearly flattered.

"none of 'em are as good as you though," Xane laughed. "As for me? Teaching kids how to defend themselves is harder than it looks, but I like hangin' out at the school with Master Shuo."

As Xane spoke another person approached them, a wide smile on his face that friendly, yet strangely threatening at the same time. it was Antonio Campile, the second richest man in Gladale City as well as the person who's hosting the party. He's the one who had called Nulix up and asked him for the sponsorship.

"Mellodia, Xane, " Antonio said, extending his hand for each of them to shake. "Nice, to see you both here. I have a wonderful speech prepared for you and all of the other DA's who helped clean up this city, Mellodia."

"Yeah," Mellodia smiled, thanks for setting this up. Xane nodded, trying not to say anything about exactly how Campile became the second richest man in Gladale. Here's a hint; it wasn't legally.

Campile then turned towards Nulix. "Mr. Princeton, I presume," he said. "I can't thank you enough for sponsoring this."

"Its my honor, man. Gladale's been the economic center of the planet, hell, its the economic center of the whole region," Nulix said. "I mean, the dark worlds are been pushed into the light of their neighboring empire's, and this city's leading the way. With that said there is another reason I came, and perhaps another reason my company hosted this," Nulix explained, pulling out a touch-screen tablet from his suit. "As you know we Mr. Campile my company has been supporting the Uni-gov movement and their first real project was the merging of the occupied dark worlds into the Sora and Ulfire system. Now, the guy leading this, Betrayus, is on the edge of being replaced. And if that happens, I'm afraid that other systems might see the Uni-gov as unorganized and might not join."

"So, if its alright with you, I'd like you to sign a vote of confidence in Betrayus. Just key your name in here," Nulix said, giving the tablet to Campile, a legal document on its screen with a small signature box at the bottom.

Nulix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:56 pm

'Ohhh crap, crap, gonna be late...' Ris thought worriedly, stretching. From his spot on the park bench, he rubbed his recently-opened eyes and stood up, taking a few steps forward as he waited for his mind to cooperate.

"All right, Ris," He mumbled, reaching back and tightening his headband, studying the direction of the building where the party would be held. "It's not too far away, but you don't know what time it is. It's getting dark, and it's the night of the party. You're a waiter at said event. Now, are you gonna make it? Are you going to get paid? Help people to enjoy themselves?"

The fox honestly had no idea whether or not he was already late, thanks to his falling asleep in the park, but he figured that it was at least close. Bunching the muscles in his legs, he took off. Dashing towards the building, Ris leapt over a small wall, his legs going horizontally out from him as he placed a hand on the stone, pushing himself forward.

His speed maintained, he kept going. Many cars lined the curb in front of the alleyway he was going to cut through, and he saw no reason to go around the group of machinery. Diving forward, he placed his hands on the hood of a car, pushing himself over to the other side. The fox's ears flattened against his head as the car's alarm suddenly turned on, though he didn't do anything about it, continuing through the alleyway. A small, chain-link fence blocked the path halfway down, but Ris angled his run slightly towards the wall. Jumping, he took a few, quick steps along the cold, stone wall, gaining some height and distance. Reaching forward and tightly grabbing the top of the fence, avoiding the pointed tips, he pulled himself the rest of the way over. As he hit the ground, he tucked into a roll, ending up on his feet and exiting the alley.

Rounding the corner, he exhaled deeply, slowing to a walk as he recognized the building. Passing by whatever cars and citizens were along the way, whether going to the party or not, he walked up to the door and went inside. He wanted to call out, "I'm here!" but decided that it was in his best interest not to.

Ris
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PirateofPie on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:23 pm

Campile looked at the form for a second, before smiling again and signing his name upon the paper. "Can't have other worlds refusing to join. It's just bad for business all around."

As more and more people started to come in, Xane and Mellodia grew excited. "Looks like the party's about to start. The jazz band's here." She pointed towards the people lining up on stage, after having set up various instruments.

"Looks like I have to go prepare my speech," Campile said, moving along. "Excuse me."

"Hey, look!" Xane said. "The waiters are starting to serve the food. You guys want anything?" Xane asked, clearly ready to eat. As he spoke, the jazz band was already starting their first song.

PirateofPie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Light_of_the_Fallen on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:17 pm

After a short trip and getting ready, Bella arrived at the doors of the party. She took a deep breath to calm herself, cursing the fact Xavier had left her alone. It was rare he did and it was refreshing, but tonight she knew he could've calmed her and sent her on her way. Yet, he told her he didn't want to go, muttering something about he didn't want to intrude and hated parties anyway. Oh well.
She went alone, dressed in a simple but elegant sleeveless black dress that reached a little past her knees. Silver jewelry, flat and pretty black shoes, and her hair curled, she looked breath taking.
Still, she hadn't seen her friends in about a year now and hadn't stayed in touch with any of them. Bella sighed, wondering if they would even recognize her. Not like she changed any but still...
As she walked inside, the music reached her ears and was completely calmed. It was soothing and riveting at he same time. The party looked amazing and she couldn't help but take every detail in. Her eyes wandered over all the people, searching for anybody she knew.
"They shouldn't be too hard too find, after all, its impossible to miss them," she muttered to herself when she caught sight of a familiar face. She quickly walked over, a huge grin on her face.
"Hey, long time no see," Bella greeted them when she was close.

Light_of_the_Fallen
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Glancing around, the fox suddenly felt rather under-dressed. Looking down at himself, he compared his baggy blue jeans and assassin's coat to the suits and dresses around. Sighing, he realized that he couldn't have done any better, thinking back briefly to the spaceport security.

Deciding to simply do the best he could with what he had, he briskly wandered around until finding the kitchen. Opening a few drawers, cabinets, and closets, he finally found an plain white apron, aside from the small, brown stain near the left hip, with a pocket near his right hip. Shrugging, Ris poked his head through the hole at the top, then went to drawing the strings behind his back. A bit frustrated with his tying skills, he made a knot and called it reasonable enough.

The fox, about to leave the kitchen, quickly turned back around once he realized he didn't have a notepad or any such thing with him. Searching the drawers, he found a green pen, stuffing it into the apron's pocket. Almost as soon as his search for a notepad began, he decided he would settle for napkins instead.

With his pen and the napkins stowed away in his pocket, a quiet blush burned beneath his fur. 'Time to take orders, eh? Never thought I'd be doing -this- job.'

Ris
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PirateofPie on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:28 pm

"Hm, Bella?" Xane asked, still waiting on the others answers on the food. "Bella, haven't seen you in a while! How's it goin'?"

"Hey, Bella," Mellodia greeted. She and Xane both smiled at Bella, who had basically disappeared after they group split apart. Old memories, good and bad started to flow back as their group came together once more to enjoy themselves at this great party.

PirateofPie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Light_of_the_Fallen on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:41 pm

"Good to see you two again," she replied before giving a small bow,"Sorry for the whole not disappearance act. Cell broke the first day on the road and I didn't know where everyone had gone so I couldn't send an letter. Guess I should've visited, now that I think about it... Anyway its been going great! What about for you guys?"

Light_of_the_Fallen
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PirateofPie on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 pm

"I'm teaching kids self defense and Mellodia's a lawyer, which is kinda why we're here," Xane said. "What've you been up to?"

Carson approached Ris, alright, before we have dinner you gotta go around wit dis," Carson said, handing the animal-person a large plate of appetizers. "Hand 'em out ta people, alright?"

Laurence was constantly checking his watch. He was excited. Not about the party, which he could care less about, but the event that would come during the party. The even that will let him finally know...He smiled to himself, thinking happy thoughts for the first time, since he came to this place, until he saw...the rest of his family walk in. The smile faded, and Laurence tried to hide behind a passing waiter, so no of his brother would see him.

PirateofPie
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!