Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Ummmm...Hi there!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Ummmm...Hi there!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowAeryn on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:23 pm

So...Hi! I'm ShadowAeryn, call me Aeryn for short if you'd like . ^^ I don't rightly know when I started roleplaying proper, but I've been writing seriously since I was about 14 (we won't talk about those dark, dark days of my writing...) and I'm still trying to improve today. I'm not tremendously confident in my writing skills but the only way to get better is to write, no? And it's even better to have outside opinions. I'm really nervous about writing with new people but excited too! It takes me a little bit to open up but...be warned, once I do, I tend to talk a lot...It's something I'm working on... *looks back at rambling first paragraph* Not quickly...^^;

ANYWAYS, in terms of roleplaying, I have a lot of different interests and likes. I'll list a few of them here, but this is nowhere near everything. That would take up a lot of space. Haha!

~Anime and Manga (I tend to stick to the lighter ones, Shojo more than Shonen, although I do like a few more Shonen titles, like Rurouni Kenshin. If you would like a full list, PM me and I will divulge. XD)
~Fantasy (any kind, I love making new worlds as well)
~Sci-Fi (really more on the fantasy side of things but I do love some deep space shenanigans sometimes)
~Steampunk (this is my current love and obsession. Many of my stories have a steampunk or Victorian theme to them and I positively love the concept)
~Romance (I am a completely hopeless romantic and tend to incorporate it into any RPs or stories I write. I have an entire armada of ships, plus a reserve armada...)
~Supernatural/Paranormal (NOTHING TOO CREEPY, I am definitely susceptible to scary things, despite being a grown adult >.< But I do love my vampires, weres, mythological creatures, etc…)
~Kingdom Hearts
~Legend of Zelda (will forever be my favourite game series)

As mentioned above, I am an adult, so no worries about adult content. However, nothing too terribly dark and scary. At least not right before I sleep...I really am a wimp when it comes to scary movie type things >.<

At the moment I have a lot of spare time but not a ton of focused time, since I have a lot of things to do. So I will be online fairly often but I may be distracted and have slow replies. In the future, depending on my work schedule, I may have to disappear often but I won’t leave my RP partners wondering. If we’re writing together, I’ll make sure to keep you informed.

Thank you for reading that very long and rambling post! I look forward to meeting you all and creating new and amazing worlds together~

See you in the forums! <3
Last edited by ShadowAeryn on Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShadowAeryn
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Ummmm...Hi there!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Hello Aeryn! Welcome to RPG! I've found the site to be really conducive to bettering my own writing, but that just might be because of the amount I've written... Anyway! I hope it works out for you! Besides, I'm sure you write just fine, I mean. I feel like there's not a lot of us who are professionals.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Fantasy and Steampunk settings, though there's a certain... dearth of Steampunk RPs. Anywho, since you're new to the site, I'm going to relay some links to you to help you orient yourself, so here you go!

Rules - I fully believe that you won't have any issues, but still be sure to check out the site rules. There aren't many, but still.
Role Play Academy - If you feel like you need to ask for advice or anything on your writing, the Academy is a good place to go. Our Scholars are all wonderful people, I promise.
Interest Checks - If you have an idea and want to get the word out, or just generally gauge interest, or if you want to take a gander at the ideas other posted, this is the place to do it.
Roleplayers Wanted - If you do manage to get an RP up off the ground, but need more writers, this is where you'll go to drum up recruit, or on the flipside, where you'll go if you're looking for an RP to jump.

You'll also notice that we have a Private Messaging system, but in order to gain access to that feature (it helps out combating the bots) you need 10 posts. To help you get there, I'd suggest checking out our Forum Games, Discussion and Debate, and our Creative Realm.

~Ahem, now that that's out of the way. I am Talisman, or Tally, and I'm one of the site moderators, as you can see from the nifty green color and title under my name. Those with the blue names are our scholars, and they're lovely people too. If you have any issues, or just want to ask something, please feel free to let us know. We'll do everything we can for you!

Happy Roleplaying!
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 14 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowAeryn on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:55 pm

Thank you so much for the welcome, Talisman! It's lovely to meet you~ I absolutely love your signature image, btw ^^ I'm a major cat person, so that is perfection right there <3 I'm hoping that my time here will give me more reasons to write and practice, and thank you for the encouragement on that~

Oh no! That simply won't do...Perhaps I can change that ;) I have a little bit of organisation to do but I hope to set up a Steampunk/Fantasy RP (or at the very least do an interest check) within the next few days ^^ Thank you much for the links, I know they will be tremendously useful <3

Thank you so much for your help and welcome~

ShadowAeryn
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SunshineDaisy on Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Yay! My sister decided to join up! :D I'm so excited to see that you're here. There's a ton for us to explore and create. Let's write something soon on here! We'll get the hang of this together. XD

SunshineDaisy
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!