Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Terra Nova: Unbroken Road

Unbroken Road

a part of “Terra Nova: Unbroken Road”, a fictional universe by gargus.mcalpin.

A group of adventurers set out to explore the world, level up, and heal the land plagued by evil and darkness. (WIP but open for reserving)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Terra Nova: Unbroken Road”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Unbroken Road

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gargus.mcalpin on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:37 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Unbroken Road"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gargus.mcalpin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Unbroken Road

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dmboogie on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:47 pm

Just posting to say that I have the interest, yo.
Feeling super super super...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dmboogie
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Donnabee on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:38 am

I'm interested, too!

If it's not a bother, may I reserve The Wizard character?

Donnabee
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gargus.mcalpin on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:13 am

Yes, I shall reserve that for you!!

gargus.mcalpin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:27 am

Can I call the ranger? Thank you! :)
ImageImage

aarondalea
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:29 am

I'm interested in it as well, however I noticed that you have no position similar to a Barbarian, nor do you have the mandatory rogue.

I also have a couple questions regarding characters as well.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gosunkgugi on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:56 am

Interesting. I have to ask about the pre-defined party roles there - is this game intended to be very heavy on combat or something?

I'd like to reserve the bard in the meantime.

Gosunkgugi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gargus.mcalpin on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:03 pm

No it's not going to combat-focused. I just made classes so that it would be easier for people to create a character. The main focus will be on character interactions and dialogue, in a genuine roleplay 1st person points of views. And quests!!

gargus.mcalpin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:32 pm

I would love to join up, this seems like it would be a lot of fun but I was curious as to whether or not more roles/classes will be opening in the future.
I should go.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gargus.mcalpin on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:08 pm

yes, I am able to open up more classes upon requests. Some that I had in mind were: Thief, Witcher, Weapon-Master, Mechanic, Demon-Hunter, etc.

gargus.mcalpin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gosunkgugi on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:07 pm

Wouldn't that lead to unwieldy amounts of characters, if you're going to accept that many?

Gosunkgugi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gargus.mcalpin on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Well, I'm only going to add those if anyone is interested in playing them. Not all those roles need to be filled for us to start. I'm thinking about having only 5-7 rpers.

gargus.mcalpin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gosunkgugi on Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:26 pm

Hmm, that still seems like a lot to me, but alright. Looking forward to see your character finished, so we know who our intrepid leader is.

Gosunkgugi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gargus.mcalpin on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:25 pm

Well I didn't really intend for Saladin to be the leader or anything, unless you prefer him to be. I hope the fact that my own character is still a work in progress wasn't the reason everyone who expressed interest in this was held back from submitting a character. Go ahead and submit your characters!! I want there to be plenty of characters shown on the characters tab before this rp is pushed over to pages 2, 3, and 4 and becomes lost into obscurity.

gargus.mcalpin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gargus.mcalpin on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:50 pm

So we now have three characters including my own. I think we should start posting while the other people are still working on their character sheets. What do you say we begin posting?

gargus.mcalpin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gosunkgugi on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Fair, though people may feel unfairly treated if you don't finish your own profile before starting the game.

Gosunkgugi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gargus.mcalpin on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:51 pm

So, as you might have assumed already, this roleplay will play quite differently than the others on roleplaygateway. Some of the rules applied may seem strange at first but they are all designed to give you a more genuine roleplay feel, whereas the other roleplays on this site are more like writing novels.

1) Short, but frequent posts are encouraged
I encourage you to write no more than 4-5 sentences per post, focusing on things your character says, does, and how they say or do it. Instead of writing what your characters thinks about something, have them express that in their speech or actions.

2) Real-time gameplay
Limit each post to 1 speech and/or 1 action per post. This ensures that other characters can respond to yours in real-time and prevent characters from teleporting from place to place.

3) Only the Event-Handler will have total control over whatever occurs, description of places characters are in, control of NPCs etc. To demonstrate what the Event-Handler does, I will be playing that for the mean time.

gargus.mcalpin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gosunkgugi on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Oh. Well, in that case I'm out. Good luck, though.

Gosunkgugi
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!