Uncanny Valley

Uncanny Valley

a part of “Uncanny Valley”, a fictional universe by NethanielShade.

Magic, in a form, is real, and groups of power-users called Cults are people with abilities. These Cults are secret to the outside world, and not welcoming to outsiders, but then two friends happen across an old summoning book...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Uncanny Valley”.
Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Uncanny Valley

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:32 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Uncanny Valley"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NethanielShade
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver

Re: Uncanny Valley

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyren.Laili on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:57 pm

I'm definitely interested. I'll be working on a CS.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kyren.Laili
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bizarre1 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:31 am

I'm also interested and working on a cs. :)

bizarre1
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bugprince on Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:50 pm

i'm interested too! ☆ ~('▽^人)

bugprince
Member for 3 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:48 pm

Thanks for showing your interest everybody! A little updates: I added to the rules category. It's not too much, but if you want your character to be accepted, I'd consider reading it.

Also all characters must be a power-user in a Cult, or if you really want to there are some loners who don't join Cults. However, the main characters that are outsiders that gain powers will be controlled by myself and a friend so please don't add a character intended for that rule.

Above all else, cheers and have fun with the roleplay!

NethanielShade
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Question– if we'd want to be members or leaders of a cult outside the one your character is in, how would the relationship between the cults be? Asking so I don't end up making a cult leader and then spending most of the roleplay going all by myseelf in the distance.

Crichton
Member for 3 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:23 am

Cults are generally small groups or families of power-users. Sometimes exclusively blood relatives, sometimes exclusively not, sometimes a mix. There's a lot of Cults, but in the Uncanny Valley area (an unnamed area so as to avoid real life disparations) there's probably a few dozen. I want most people to be against the Protagonists, but one or two Cults can be allied with the Celtlight Cult.

In general, write what you want and I'll accept it unless I have a bone to pick with it, and if I do then I'll PM you about it.

NethanielShade
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:13 pm

bizarre1 Your character is accepted, the only thing I'd like to ask is if you could follow Rule 3. State whether she's in Celtlight, another Cult, or Cult-less all together.

NethanielShade
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bizarre1 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:43 pm

Sorry about that. I made the change. :)

bizarre1
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:32 pm

Also, sorry everyone that there's not really a place to jump into the roleplay yet. I'm going to try to get the two MC's powers in the next few posts, and after that they will very quickly meet up with and join the Celtlight Cult. When word of that gets out, other cults will come into play more as there will be a war of sorts.

NethanielShade
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:15 pm

Mona is finished. I might also create a few NPCs and add them to her character sheet with basic information– people in her cult mostly, so she'll have someone to talk to.

Crichton
Member for 3 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:10 pm

Chrichton, that's fine mate, in fact I might do that to Felken's at some point.

Also for anyone interested or concerned, me and MaleficRain are, in fact, coordinating our posts over text since we know each other irl. The sort-of-godmodding/metagaming you might see us be doing with each other's characters is for the sake of speeding things along, I won't do it with any of your characters.

NethanielShade
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyren.Laili on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:51 am

No worries, I figured you both might've known each other. Looking forward to writing with you all.

Kyren.Laili
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Started on the NPCs. You guys just let us know when we can start posting!

Crichton
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:36 pm

Sorry for the delay! I'm grounded for (ironically enough) failing English. I'm technically still grounded, but eh I'll sneak posts in when I can. In the meantime, everyone is free to post. Have fun! You are free to fall into the central plot, have your own side plots, or both. Be creative and enjoy the roleplay.

NethanielShade
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:39 am

Hello~ I would like to join if there's anymore room! 83

kyuukonhime
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:27 pm

I'm ungrounded now, terribly sorry for not replying for like a week guys. Posting from me will now resume.

NethanielShade
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bizarre1 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:01 am

Oh good. I have an idea of where I want to go with my character, but I needed a little inspiration from outside events involving other characters. I'm glad you're back. :P

bizarre1
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Sorry for waiting so long to post, I've been a bit busy! I've posted and this week I should have a regular posting cycle now. So let the roleplay commence, again.

NethanielShade
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:33 pm

I kinda have no idea what to do with my character at this very moment. >.>

kyuukonhime
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!