Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Unexpected Encounter

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Unexpected Encounter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:46 pm

Karri whimpered as he raced through the woods he called his home. His stride was lengthened by his powerful limbs, large claws digging into the earth. He gave another pathetic whimper before he paused on top of a boulder, thin sides heaving. He was quite the sight to behold. He'd been shot in the side and the hunter had apparently had little flecks of silver in the damn bullet which burned and ached like the sun itself had burrowed into his body. The pain from the silver prevented the young werewolf from fully shifting into his more human form or full werewolf form. So here he was a mismatch of fur and skin, and gangly limbs.

His hands had retained their human shape, save for the large black claws that extended from his now larger finger tips. The underside of his hands had grown toughened pads as did his feet. White fur covered his hands and arms all the way up to his elbows before the hair gave way to human skin. His chest and back had retained it's human look and hairless though his chest and shoulders had broadened during his mid transformation. His hips all the way down to his toes were completely wolven; covered in thick white fur matted with the blood that was leaking from his wound. His large legs were bigger than a standard wolf's hind quarters, the muscles beneath the fur shaking from the strain he'd put them under. His usually proud tail was tucked beneath him in his pain. His head also had retained its human form, though the lines of his face had become a little sharper, row of sharp fangs and teeth hinting at the stopped change. His white hair had grown out into a shaggy layered look which would have given way to his mane. Large white ear protruded from the top of his head and his eyes were a rich gold, narrowed to look more animal than human.

Karri looked down at the gun shot wound and tried to lick at the blood dripping, hoping to ease the pain in some way, but he wasn't quite as flexible in this form as he was in his wolf form so he couldn't quite reach the wound. He gave up trying to lick it and looked back the way he'd come, ears twitching as he listened. He didn't hear the hunters anymore but he didn't yet feel safe. He swallowed hard before he pushed off the rock and continued to run in his odd leaping gait since he couldn't quite walk upright with his wolf back legs and his spine had started to curve. With a little more traveling through the trees, Karri's energy began to wane. He needed to get the bullet out and rest. It was taking a toll on him. He slowed and started to limp his way forward, sniffing at the ground. Eventually, he found what looked like an abandoned cabin. He hesitated and sniffed the air. He had never been this far from his territory but he was in pain, hungry, thirsty, and tired. He knew humans lived in places like these, but he didn't smell any fresh tracks. Maybe for a moment the cabin would be safe enough. He could get some of the things he needed and work on getting the nasty burning shards out of his body. His body ached being in this half transformed state; every part of his body screaming as the burden.

He crept closer to the house and peered around, sniffing all the while. He didn't smell new human scents, but there was a strange scent he couldn't quite place. With one final huff, he deemed it safe for now. He wouldn't stay long. He peeked into an open window and pushed up higher before he made his quiet entry. Or at least tried to be quiet. He managed to get his head in and his long arms through the window and resting quietly on the counter beneath the window, on either side of a dip with a strange thing at its center and a nob. As he moved forward however, his hips got stuck in the window. He winced, his hind-legs kicking at the dirt and scratching up the wall as he tried to force himself into the tight space. A whimper escaped his lips as his injury was aggravated against the window and the contraption in front of him, blood staining the counter. He pulled and yanked at the counter in front of him, one of his hand paws hitting the faucet, sending a stream of water from it.

Finally, he shoved himself through the window and fell into the house with a loud 'thump' and a whine. The young werewolf got up in a crouch and glanced around the strange surroundings, a hand resting against his injury to stem some of the blood. When nothing immediately attacked, he turned his attention to the running water. How did humans create a personal waterfall? He gingerly leaned forward and gave the water a testing lick. It was cool to the tongue and tasted like any other water. For the moment, he ignored everything else and started to lap greedily at the refreshing water, his hands on either side of the faucet to help keep himself level with it.
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Unexpected Encounter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Athena had decided to go to bed a little earlier than her usual way past midnight bedtime routine. She always tended to get caught up in reading one more chapter of a book or trying one more spell out for rememdies.

She was a varied sleeper at the best of times, some nights she would lay awake listening to the sounds of the forest at night other times she would be out like a light, luckily this was such an occasion where she was as tired as and old peice of string.

Although a dull thunk made her sit up straight in her bed, an eyebrow quirked at the sound, she had left here window open to keep the airflow after working on a rather potent potion that had overflowed and stunk the house. She sat and listened her breath picking up as the adrenaline rush began to build, it may have been an intruder.. but she lived pretty deep in the woods, a good five miles from the nearest town so no one knew she lived here. It might have been and animal, she had struck up a nice relationship with a fox that she had befriended after she saved its leg from being snapped in tow.

That only weighed out her third option which may have been the most likely, another being was in her house. Throwing the covers off herself she slipped on a shirt over her nightshirt, giving at least a little more warmth and slight protection to her body incase something did happen.

She rubbed her hands a soft static charge running over them as she thought up her protective spells in her head, sighing gently she got up.

Heading down the stairs delicately she paused at the bottom, something or someone was drinking out of her sink by the sounds of it. Gulping down like no ones business.

“Praesidio” ( protect ) she muttered under her breath and a dull glowing light covered both of her hands and crept up her body shrouding her in a protective bubble, if something was to attack her she would at least be safe from at least a few impacts. Peeking her head around the corner she examined the figure rapidly, extending legs, claws, ears and a tail. Her face blanched a little, eyes widening in shock. Oh no!

Why did it have to be a werewolf? She hadn’t dealt with them much, it was clear it was hurt a slight shimmer on her counters and floor confirmed that.

It was weak and in need of help she wasn’t sure what she would do, but her guts instinct told her to be confident and strong as long as long as she didn’t attack it wouldn’t attack back. Or was that something else? Stepping out she shouted “ Hey! Stay where you are!” She flicked a switch to turn on the lights in the kitchen giving her a better view of the wolf, well it wasn’t a wolf, fully anyway. The poor man was stuck halfway between changing, looking at the pool of blood it must have been silver.

“ oh gosh...you’ve had a real rough night. I can help you. As long as you don’t hurt me. Understand?” She spoke readying herself to cast a spell. Just incase.
I love roleplaying, making new friends, 1x1 I love as well. I enjoy playing interesting character and I feel that communication is important as well. We can discuss ideas and get to know one an other.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:10 am

Karri heard a whisper of something and stopped drinking. He raised his head, ears twitching from side to side but he didn't hear the noise again. It must have been his imagination. With his thirst sated, it was time to focus on other things. He stepped down from the counter and tried to get a look at his injury. It had stopped some of its bleeding earlier but since the window incident, it had started up again. He was slick with it. If he kept losing blood like this, he was going to end up fainting. It wouldn't heal if the shards remained in his body. He needed to find something to get the shards out. His own claws didn't work because the silver just burned his fingers and it just made the whole ordeal worse. Then he would really be defenseless.

Before he could do anything else however, the human broke the silence with a loud shout. He brought his attention to the human, his ears flattening against his head, a menacing growl crawling up his throat. But then the lights suddenly flickered on, blinding the wolf a moment in the sudden brightness. He helped and scrambled backwards over himself and his too large legs. He tried to run and get into some sort of cover but he only ended up running into the table. He stumbled unto his injured side in a daze, his earlier growl now a whimper. He got back into a crouch, his legs shaking in their weakness from his earlier flight. He did not like being cornered. His lips peeled back from his fangs, still trying to look like a dangerous wolf through the pain and fear.

He heard the human's words then. He wasn't sure he believed her. Why would she want to heal his wounds? Why would she want to help him at all? It was far more likely that she was coaxing him out from beneath the table to kill him. So, he didn't move. He was too tired to make a dash. The only fuel he had was adrenaline at this point. How was he going to get out of this mess? He just wanted to be left alone!

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Athena was surprised at the wolf’s moves as he scurried away from her. He must have thought.. oh the poor thing!

She held her hands up as the wolf scampered under her kitchen table, shaking out of blood loss it seemed. Sighing Athena got a bowl out of her cupboard pouring some hot water into it putting it down some distance away from the wolf. Putting a cloth in the bowl she opened up another cupboard getting out a box of herbs and spices.

She began tipping the spices in muttering gently “ duria mentsa flori” stirring the mixtures it gave off a soothing smell. Looking over to the wolf she smiled.

“ I’m a witch..a good one.. if you come here I can get that bullet out of you. You can sleep here tonight and I’ll make you some food to get your strength back. Your going to have to trust me. My name is Athena.”

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Karri whimpered where he sat crouched beneath the table. The woman's words were soft but he was scared. The stuff she promised him, would she really provide all those things? Did he have a choice about trusting her though? He glanced at his burning and aching wound. He was never going to heal with the silver in his blood. The longer it mingled, the more poison would course through his body and he might not recover from that. He needed help. He was going to die without it. He squeezed his eyes shut before he finally gave in.

The young werewolf slowly got onto his paws and hands and limped out from beneath the table. His tail remained tucked and his ears flat against his head. He slowly inched closer before he stopped and gave a growl, bearing his fangs and then whined, stuck between threatening her and wanting the help she offered him. He moved forward again and stopped and then shuffled backwards, his instincts telling him to run but his mind telling him to stay. He did this dance of going back and forth several times before he was finally in touching distance for the witch. At this point he was on his belly, chest heaving. He rolled onto his uninjured side and whined. His eyes remained on her and her hands, watching for any signs of threat as he waited for her to tend to his wound. Karri licked the air trying to show he didn't mean her any harm. Would that help? He hadn't meant to hurt the hunters either but they had attacked anyway.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Athena silently watched the wolf as he slowly edged backwards and forwards, he was so unsure of what to do and that was totally understandable. He didn’t know that he was breaking into her house, he must have expected it to be empty. Now he was listerally putting his own life in her hands, in a way they both were. They had to trust each other.

As he came closer she smiled softly watching as he laid down so she could tend to his injury. “ Thankyou...” she breathed dipping her hand in the now warm water to squeeze out the cloth. “ now I assume that you are unable to speak in this form so I don’t expect you to say anything. I don’t mind the growling. I had a cat when I was younger and he would always growl. This might sting but it’s just the herbs okay? I need to wash out the poison and then I’ll take out the bullet” she explained calmly.

She dabbed at his wound, it was small looking like he was trying to heal already but cause of the silver he couldn’t.

Rinsing out the blood she dabbed against cleaning out the wound the best she could all the while she spoke to him. “ I haven’t lived here long, I lived in Italy for years, then moved over here. Then found this charming house. It’s nice and quiet I can do my spells without any unwanted visitors. Aside from you of course... not that your unwanted your a surprise is all, you can come visit anytime you like now you know where I live....okay I can see it..”

She pushed the bowl aside and got it a pair of very small tongs, she rested her hand on the wolf’s side rubbing it gently. “ it’s going to be okay..” she reassured “ just going to take it out, clean it, stick you up then I can get you some nice meat to eat, a place to sleep and some clothes should you need them when you wake up” she smiled at him.

“ laeh” she whispered as she put the tongs in the wound, a smooth white mist spread from her hands to the wound and forced the bullet out of the wound knitting the flesh back together slowly. Smiling Athena huffed out a sigh of relief. Washing over the wound she quickly stitched it up.

Picking the bowl up she washed away the blood filled bowl, planning to destroy the bowl she didn’t know what property werewolf blood held. Thinking that the wolf had drank enough she moved to her fridge where she got out a large lamp shoulder, that she was going to use for a large stew or many different meals. Putting it on a tray she put it in front of the wolf.

“ there you go I can offer you something cooked in the morning if you like, eat please. “ she smiled moving to turn on the lights in the living room to pull out the sofa bed for him to sleep on.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Karri let her clean the wound though it stung a little. He watched her as she went about her work. Then he saw the tongs and he whimpered. This was going to hurt. He tried to relax himself but then he felt the tug of her pulling the fragments out and his back legs kicked in his pain and he let out a howl. He swiveled, his mouth clamping on her arm. It wasn't hard, but it wasn't soft either. It was more a reflex than wanting to bite. It just hurt. When the pain lessened, he let her arm go and saw a little blood stain her shirt. He sighed as he flopped back down on the floor, the wound healing itself.

Slowly, he began to shift his shape. He was too tired to keep a wolf form so the fur faded away to a light dusting of hair on his arms and legs. His claws shortened to normal finger nails and his pads became delicate finger tips. His back straightened and he gave a sigh of relief as it popped back in place and his wolf back legs changed to those of a human. He was nude but there wasn't much he could do about that. He looked up through his shorter silver hair, breathing more easily not with a full shift. His ears and tail shrunk until they were gone as well. Oh that felt so much better.

He looked up when the witch brought over the lamb and his stomach instantly growled. He reached out without thinking and all but attacked the meat. He was starved of energy at this point. He tore chunks out of the meat and practically swallowed it whole. Within moments, there was not a bit of meat on the bone and he was chewing on the bone though his human teeth were not powerful enough to break it. He would save it for later and he'd suck the marrow out. He sat up then and licked at his lips and his bloody fingers. The meal had been one long awaited.

When the witch returned, Karri turned towards her, blood still smeared. "Thank you," he said to her.
"For taking out the bullet and the meat. The bullet hurt so much." He reached a hand down to the healed wound where only a scar remained. Silver wounds always left a scar. "Why are you helping me and not killing me?

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:47 am

Athena’s eyes widened as he clamped down on her arm, she didn’t move as it might make him bite down harder. He calmed as soon as the bullet was gone which caused him to shift back. He was looking a bit worse for the wear now, she washed her arm free off the blood, seeing the smallest cut.

She moved to her cupboard getting our a black tar like substance, putting it over the cut wrapping it in a towel. That should draw any venom out, getting out some herbs and plants rid any poison she made a strong tea.

At his thanks and his question she smiled gently. “ your welcome and I helped you cause you were hurt, I’m not an evil witch. If I had been I would have helped you then most likely used you for bad intentions. Your kind as well as my own have a bad reputation. We have that kind of connection. I like helping people, it’s just in my nature like you biting me was in yours, I don’t mind I have a few remedies that can combat the bite.” She smirked.

She pointed down the hall “ shall I turn on the shower for you to have a wash before you go to bed?” She asked.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:28 pm

"Turn on the shower"? he asked a bit confused. What was a shower? She mentioned bathing so it had to be something where he could clean up. He looked down at himself. Blood covered his skin where it had dripped from his wounds and both his hands and feet were caked with dirt from where he'd be running. He probably smelled like the wrong end of a skunk. Ech. "I think that would be a good idea," he answered her. He had a full tummy, sated thirst, and would healed. A good bath sounded divine. Then he could sleep comfortably.

He followed the witch to the shower and watched her a little wary as she messed with the knob in the wall and from the top of the shower, a sudden spray of water began to fall. He gasped and hurried over, his hands extending out to touch the falling water. It was warm! Was this magic? She was making it rain inside her house! It was like that tiny waterfall he'd drunk from! "Amazing..." he mused. This was so handy. He wished he knew how to do this little trick. He'd never have to be icky again and the water was warm! He'd never had a warm shower.

Without further ceremony he stepped into the shower and let the warm water chase away the chill and soak him as it began to drip down his body. Oh it felt so good. He was inclined almost to just stand there. Clean. That is what he wanted. He started to rub his arms with the water to scrub at the blood and dirt, ignoring the bottles of soap. He'd never used soap after all. He didn't even seem to care that he was nude in front of the human or that she had still been standing there when he'd just jumped in the shower. Wolves were social creatures and they often bathed among other things, in front of others. He didn't see anything wrong with it.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Athena was surprised by his reaction to the shower being turned on, another indication that he had infact been living alone in the forest all this time. Where was his family? How long had he been alone? So many questions in her mind she turned her head as he stepped into the shower wanting to give him at least a bit of privacy.

She pointed to the knob on the wall “ when your finished twist that and the water will stop, I’ll go and get your bed ready for tonight” she smiled closing the door behind her. Athena gathered some sheets for the bed and some pillows, finding an oversized shirt that she slept in from time to time, it was clean but she understood that it may have some of her scent on it, she was sure that the wolf didn’t mind. Did she even get his name? She wasn’t sure her own tiredness was catching up on her.

She made the bed quickly and proceeded to clean her kitchen with a hot water and herb blend that would get rid of the blood and stop any cause for contamination when she did her spells. That was all she needed. Satisfied that the room was clean she made herself come lavender tea to help her rest.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:17 am

Karri gave a sigh of relief when all the dirt and blood was gone. He felt 100 times better, that was for sure. A grumbling purr escaped his throat. He really did almost just stay in the shower bu he knew he had to get out and go sleep. He had expended a lot of energy today and he was going to have to get his energy back before he went on his way. So, he twisted the knob like she had showed him and watched as the water turned off. That really was so fascinating.

Karri shook off the water and dog at his ears trying to get he water out of them before he look at the towel beside the shower. He caressed it to feel its texture before he took it and used it to dry himself off. Ah, there. Squeaky clean, dry, and warm. He opened the door then to peak out. It was a little colder outside of the bathroom but he didn't mind it. It was refreshing. He sniffed around, following the fresh scent of his witchy friend and found her in the kitchen.

He made an 'ugh' smell when he scented the cleaning herb she was using and gave several sneezes before he got control of his nose again. "Thank you for all of this. It was very nice." He'd never had someone who wasn't a wolf be this nice to him. It was refreshing. Why couldn't all humans be like this girl? It would make life so much easier and nicer. "I'll leave in the morning so I am no bother," he explained as he went to the makeshift bed she'd provided and settled in. Oh yeah, this bed was so much better than the shower. He groaned and stretched out on the warm cushions and was almost immediately asleep.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!