Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Universal War

Universal War

a part of “Universal War”, a fictional universe by Saxious.

In the far future, galactic Empires rises and falls. Wars starts and ends. Economies boom and falls into depressions. What will your nation do?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Universal War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Universal War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:09 pm

"Universal War" is a Nation RP set in the far, far future where your fantasy and creativity sets the limits. This is where planets are turned into no-mans-land as titanic forces clashes and galactic fleets meets only to blow each other to smithereens.

Will you build and Empire from scratches? Will you fall because of internal corruption? Will you start alliances or will you break them? Are you for the better or the worse of your own people?

You may edit this universe as you see fit!
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Universal War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WAAAGH! on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm so far in it should be illegal. Now to spend then next like 12 hours of my life perfecting a profile.
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WAAAGH!
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:20 pm

WAAAGH! wrote:I'm so far in it should be illegal. Now to spend then next like 12 hours of my life perfecting a profile.

Sue me... I can't take full credit though, it is a reboot of a previous RP, so all rights goes to the original creator found via the link.

Also, thank you for the interest. I think its been a while since the site had a Nation RP.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Saxious. You the boss, brother. You the Image

Thank You for creating this.
I'm a little confused about Hyper Tech. lets say I have Advanced biotics. Does that mean no one else has that specific type of HyperTech? Does everyone travel through space the same way? is time manipulation allowed? Space manipulation?
What kind of races are there?
We all in the same galaxy?
Thanks again.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 pm

@TheFinalOne:

Yeah, you got the idea right. Hyper Tech is what makes your nation awesome. So lets say you took Advanced Biotics, it is a bit too broad so give some description to specify what it actually does. So it could be you've given your people the ability to regenerate (with the exception of a lost head), so only you can have that ability, no one can copy it.

I'd keep time manipulation out of this. The Butterfly Effect isn't something I'd bring into an RP but space manipulation sounds downright awesome (depending on how you describing and using it).

As for races. I said you could go nuts, so please go nuts. Teenage mutant ninja turtles are allowed, as well as 40K races, fantasy, hell, bring demons out if you want to but they gotta be killable.

When I used the term galaxy, i meant more of the universe as a general, but due to the technological advantage, it is somewhat easy to travel through space. So unless you state that you're f-ing far away from everyone, it won't take too long to get to your borders.
As for hyper space and space jumps with your galactic ships...Lets stick with a similar speed that they showed in the movie "Lost in Space" where the ships moves so fast that time literally freezes while they're traveling. It's for the sake of keeping sanity while we're at it.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WAAAGH! on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Its a shame too. I love Nation Rps, really gets the mind going with the possibilities.

I am glad the profile got accepted, I was debating on either a large Republic that was rife with Bureaucracy, Rebellions, Pirates, and other plagues, or if I should be a more 'Dark Eldar' Like pirate/slaver race with a very small amount of planets.

Finally, the Republic won out.

WAAAGH!
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:14 am

i'm keeping my empire the hell away from targearen.

Also where is everybody else? this is a nations RP after all

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Well, I'll place my empire between you two then. Would work fine as the Maunkees are nosy as hell!

A map will be near impossible to create for this RP, so don't worry too much about borders and so. The posts will be stating clearly where what is happening.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:19 am

I have to iron out a few issues. Will send character for approval in a hours.
k thanks
Some questions: How do you want us to handle NPC nations? like, the nation I'm making is at war with 3 size ones... can i do anything i want with these nations?
how will be our opening posts like? how will we start?

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:05 pm

Well you can deal with NPC nations as you want to, though I'd expect a small touch of realism as you won't take over their lands on day one.

Our opening posts can be the sudden discovery of each others' nations, and that can vary from diplomatic contact to down right declarations of war.
You can describe internal discussions and events if you want, though I hope that I'll give something for everyone to work with.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Re: Universal War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironman11 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:10 am

Hello Folks, They you probably could not tell up to now I have been observing this Roleplay for a bit and was interested enough to work on a nation sheet all this week, With my sheet almost done I would just like to say hello and welcome to everyone else. :3

Also, Hello Saxious! Though you may not remember me, I was in your Gods RP as that small cult of charity. Doing something completely different here, hope to see you all soon enough

Ironman11
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Hello Ironman, and welcome! Glad to see that the RP is getting some more attendants!

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nogond on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:44 am

I would like to reserve a slot. Also are psychic powers okay?

Nogond
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WAAAGH! on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:38 pm

@TheFinalOne: Whats wrong with the Republic? You too good to be my neighbor!? Or are you planning on your Empire becoming a large Empire by taking over those three small NPC nations and are afraid that the Republic would then attack you to take out a threat before it got out of hand? Or do you just not want to pay Tribute?

@Nogond: Welcome! and interesting question, I have not even thought about psychics and how they would play out. Hmm, interesting.

WAAAGH!
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nogond on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:54 pm

They psionics I refer to are mostly mind control and such. My race will use it to control their slave armies to make up for their low population and fragility. Also I will finish the application tomorrow.

Nogond
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Hey Nogond, yeah you can have that, oh and would you mind to just make a small note of what size your empire? one, two, three or four?

Otherwise, I'd say that it is accepted. Also, Narroweye, I'll accept your character sheet, just remember to add information as we progress.

I'll start writing the first post and get some interaction started.

Btw, if I'm going to be the only level one nation don't feel bad by starting invasions and such against me... I think my nation has the capability and technology to deal with it.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:13 pm

fINALLY! I sent you the c.s. Saxious, take a look. thanks
I managed to shave off nearly 3000 words(mostly to make me feel good if the cs isn't accepted)

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nogond on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:53 am

Thank you. I must have deleted nation size when i was making my application, but I have fixed it now.

As a side note I might add some new soldier races as the RP goes to make it feel that the more the Dominion conquer the more varied and strange will there armies become.

Nogond
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Semms like I'm as good as done with my CS now. I'll make those last ships and unit squads tommorow :)
When is this RP scheduled to start?

And hi there everyone! :D
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:04 am

Alright with everyone being accepted, I'll make the first post this Wednesday.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!