Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon »

Players Wanted: Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] »

0
followers
follow

Richard the Pawn of Dinius

"I've got friends, That is all I need."

0 · 501 views · located in World of Amtophia

a character in “Abandoned in Amtophia Rebooted”, as played by Zalgo

Description

Richard "The Pawn" of Dinius




(Image pending)





Name: Richard of Dinion

Nickname: "The Pawn"

Theme Music:

Age: 24

Gender: Male

Orientation: Straight

Race: Human
(select from the list under the occ section)

Class: Golemancer
(Please select from the class list in the occ section)

Sub-Class: White Mage

Alignment: Neutral Good

Level
10

HP
Max: 150 (165 With Equipment)
Current: 165

MP
Max: 150
Current: 150

Experience Points
0/1000 to next Level





Height: 164.6 cm

Weight: 42 kg

Abilities:

(Passive)Many Minds, One Voice

Everyone attuned to Richard can communicate with him and each other through telepathy.

(Passive)The Link Shares All

Any buff cast on Richard is shared by everyone attuned to him by 50%.

(Passive)Boon of the Strategist

Everyone attuned to Richard gains a +1 to all rolls while within twenty feet of him.

Spells

(Active)The Tabula Imperium Order One: Exchange Cost: 5 MP

This spell uses the Tabula Imperium board to swap the positions of anyone attuned to him either by the Golem Pact or the Companion Pact, including himself. In order to be cast the board must be set up and active. Richard cannot move away from the board while casting this spell.

(Active)Incantation of the Tower Made Whole Cost: 10 MP

This spell restores a D12 number of hit points to any artificial entity or object.

(Active)Invocation of The Origin of Power Cost: 10 MP

This spell restores D12 Mana Points to a caster. Richard cannot cast this spell on himself.

(Active)Conjuration of the Essence's Shield Cost: 5 MP

The target of this spell is granted a mystical field that shields them from harm. All damage done to the shield subtracts from Richard's Mana Points instead of the target's Hit Points.

(Active)The Tabula Imperium Order Two: Tortuga Cost: 20 MP

This spell summons everyone attuned to Richard to him, all arranged around him in a square formation.

Weakness:

Mobility - Richard is dependent on using the Tabula Imperium board to make full use of his potential and the board needs to be set up and remain still while active. Situations that require him to move put him at a steep disadvantage.

Surprise - Richard is a strategist who can utilize resources very thoughtfully but with the limits to his casting he's got to be very picky with using his spells and that often leaves him vulnerable to sudden unexpected changes.

Isolation - A majority of Richard's abilities benefit others but rarely benefit him personally. Without anyone around to help him he fares quite poorly.

Personal Items and Weapons:

- The Tabula Imperium, an arcane chess board which while useful in the hands of the mundane when used by a true master of the board can be a devastating tool capable of controlling the battle. When activated it creates an illusionary recreation of the battlefield as well as everything on it be it beast or man or other. On top of this already useful scrying tool this board can be used as an arcane focus for spells specifically designed to be utilized by the board. With a good strategy and knowledge of how to use the board a caster can arrange all companions attuned to him on the field to positions where they can use their abilities to their optimal effect, allowing for the strategic annihilation of key targets which can sway the flow of battle dramatically. The downside to this ancient and powerful magic item is that it cannot be picked up or moved without first deactivating it. If the Tabula Imperium is tipped over or otherwise jostled it will simply shut down and need to be reactivated. (Hopefully this will be an acceptable exception to the no enchanted items rules as it's the core of Richard's spells.)

- His Wizard School Robes and hat.
- A backpack.
- A weeks worth of Water/Food.
- A map & compass.
- A tent & bedroll.
- Twenty feet of rope.
- A white magic spell book.
- A walking stick.
- Twenty blank scrolls.
- A bottle of ink & quill.
- A shaving razor & hand held mirror.
- A spyglass.
- A basic iron long sword & kite shield. (1D8/X2 on crit)(+15 HP)
- Fifty gold pieces.





Appearance:

He's a rather nervous looking wizard, seems as though he's always looking over his shoulder. He's got somewhat soft youthful features and is generally quite clean shaven. He has a rather acorn shaped head and ruffled straight jet black hair that is between short and medium length. His body is rather slender yet not bony. Typically he is dressed in his traveling outfit which consists of his navy blue school robes with gold rim and wide brimmed wizards hat of identical coloration. The bottom edges of his robe is ragged and his boots are well worn from the wages of travel. He wears banded cloth gloves and a large brown backpack that seems quite well stocked with supplies.

Oddities:

He has a stutter.
He is very meticulous about how he handles things, making him quite slow most of the time but precise.

Personality:

He is a rather nervous fellow but he is generally good natured.

He thinks all the time. Often times he is slow and methodical, making sure he knows exactly what he is doing before he does it. He's been conditioned to be rather subservient, usually bending to other people's wishes before his own. Very apologetic and mild mannered, he makes a strong effort towards being polite to others.

He's quite attached to his golem Validus for reasons which have yet to return to him. Being a rather nervous individual normally it was not good for his nerves to wind up on the bad side of the Wizard's Guild Chess Club member's as he rightfully feared them, especially those higher than his station as a lowly pawn. Though he was a pawn however he is still an intelligent student. His time spent there was not fruitless as he learned much by watching his peers. His mind is keen and his tactical sense is well trained.

Beyond all that he's a rather nice guy. He's very sympathetic with others who are servants or something of a similar nature. Though he understands just how much he depends on people he's somewhat shy which makes it rather difficult for him to approach people. He does appreciate just looking at the world and taking in the beauty when he can and even has a bit of a poetic side to him. He's quite eager to learn more and enjoys seeking out knowledge wherever it may be. His studies in Golemancy may have been hindered somewhat by his exile but he'll continue to pursue the field until he's learned all there is about making and improving golems.

Bio:

Before the amnesia...

His entire life he lived in the shadows of others. As the youngest child in a wealthy merchant family he was always weaker than the rest of his brothers. He was the last to be sent to the prestigious Wizard's Academy. In school he was never at the top of class even though he studied hard when he could and tried his hardest. Between the older student's subjugation of the younger students and the fact many of them were simply talented and always rose to the tops of their fields he was never given any chances to shine.

When he decided to pursue his third ring in Golemancy, the first of three rings a wizard can be awarded interestingly enough, he was thrust into a game which the school took very seriously: The Wizard's Chess Club tournaments. The golemancy classes were deeply involved in this tournament which pitted two armies of chess themed golems against each other in a highly strategic war game. He was assigned to be the caretaker of a pawn in the white army while other more talented or advanced students were given better golems.

So he did as was asked, trying his best not to get crushed in the chaos of war as golems did battle. However during the final match with his team being one of the finalists...

After the amnesia...

Everyone's minds suddenly went blank. Everyone was just standing around wondering where on earth they even where. Basic details remained but almost everything about the situation escaped them. Richard looked around just as confused as everyone else. He had no clue as to why he was standing on a war torn field next to a big magical statue thing. All he knew was that the big golem as he remembered it was called would follow him around. As he looked around while people wandered aimlessly he saw it.

Left alone high up upon a raised dais was The Tabula Empirium. He had no idea what it was but something deep down gave him the sense that it was important. He had no idea why or how but it stuck out as an important figure when he spotted it. What he did next he couldn't really explain. An urge inside him welled up as though it had been pressed all the way down to the bottom of his heart and was now just surging back up thanks to the amnesia that destroyed the walls that barred it from coming forth. He did what he never would of done if his mental faculties weren't compromised. He stole the king's board while the king was struggling to remember his past.


After that he had little reason to stay so he just picked a direction and started walking. A week or two later he was still walking but he knew why he was walking. He was walking because he couldn't turn back. He started some details as they began to fill into his mind and he realized just how big of an event taking that board really was. Everyone on his team could not finish the game unless they had the board to help them outmaneuver the black army. He knew that even if he returned the board he wouldn't be thanked for returning it but blamed for taking the board in the first place and he did fear the punishment a bunch of callous class mates could conjure up.

Since then he's wandered the roads, him and his golem who he's named Validus. He makes money using his magic to repair items for people which he used to buy his traveling supplies. His only real concern right now is evading their detection as the school placed a bounty on his head and is looking for him. While the school has multiple concerns which distract it from focusing solely on him he cannot rely on this state of amnesia inspired chaos protecting him forever. Some day they'd scry him out and then he'd have a real fight on his hands. He may run but there's only so long someone can run from their past.





Likes:

- Knowledge
- Learning
- Old ruins
- Golemancy
- Validus
- Calm serene environments
- Making friends
- Bread Pudding
- Sweet Treats

Dislikes:

- Needless Bloodshed
- Being rushed
- Aggresive People
- Bullies
- Being Yelled At
- Ignorance
- Destruction of Historically Important items or places
- Magic that controls people's minds
- Friends dying
- Dragons
- Bitter Foods

Fears:

- His class mates
- Having his mind stolen
- blood
- One of his plans getting a friend killed





(Image pending)





Other:
(His golem Validus will have it's own character sheet.)





(Image pending)

So begins...

Richard the Pawn of Dinius's Story

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Zalgo
Richard

So there he was, standing on the open road holding the side of his head like he just suddenly experienced a massive migraine. It happened again, didn't it... He groaned mentally, still clutching his skull like it was falling apart while his eyes were squinted closed.

'Affirmative.' The mental voice of Validus entered his head. His golem loomed slightly overhead, looking down at it's master while he seemed to grapple with his own mind. Yeah, that bloody amnesia again. What did I forget now? I do hope to all the gods that it wasn't something of dire value. A recap please Validus. He requested that Validus recite what has transpired thus far to him over their mental network.

'Progress thus far: You awoke during the amnesia incident at the school's grand arena where the final match was underway, stole the Tabula Imperium, fled the scene of the crime while everyone else had yet to realize that a crime had even been committed, continued to flee from Albia knowing that it wasn't long before they'd catch on to your theft and have basically lived on the road selling your repair services while staying on the run. That refresh your memory?' Validus's deep flat mental tones bordered on a note of cynicism while it recited a summary of their time spent on the run.


Ah good. Seems I'm not missing any of that, or at least I think I don't. As long as there's no critical details missing from my memory that I cannot recall missing then all should be good.

He stood up and finally took his hands off his head, blinking a couple times to welcome daylight back into his eyes after having them so firmly closed for that spontaneous moment. Straightening his wizard's hat out he set his weight on his walking stick and pushed forward, setting his stride into motion as the two of them proceeded to Brainde.



Later in Brainde


Stepping through the gates of the city Richard had his hat tipped forward to hide his abashment. The two of them made for quite a scene and the last thing that he wanted was crowds of people staring at him. This wasn't particularly new for him but he still couldn't help but shrink down when the collective glares and whispers rose in accord to his arrival. His golem Validus on the other hand could hardly care less about what the populace thought of them, mostly just scanning the crowds with it's cold glowing eyes for threats to neutralize.

Quietly mincing forward he made his way to the market district. Between the stalls lined up along both sides of the street and throngs of people meandering about there was plenty of difficulty getting about. Delicately navigating the maze of wooden stalls occupied by merchants selling all varieties of things they eventually found themselves standing next to The Minstrel's Mug as it was written on the sign for the place. Well... If there's going to be any help this seems like a good place to go about looking for some. He let his backpack slide down his shoulders to the ground while he thought at his golem.


He produced from his pack a lovely piece of parchment, a poster with "LOOKING FOR SECURITY. PRICE NEGOTIABLE."
written in bold on the front with a finely inked large golden question mark drawn just below. Placing the poster up against the side of the tavern he took a fine looking nail which he had taken from a loose board laying around and magically restored, setting it up right over the top of the elegantly written advertisement. Validus, if you'd be so kind.

Without need for further confirmation it obliged him, gently tapping on the head of the nail. As a golem at least twice the size of a normal person with a foot added and made entirely of durable stone it's version of light was more than enough to drive the nail into the wooden wall of the establishment. Once the poster was pinned up Richard simply leaned against the wall next to it, his wide brimmed wizard's hat tipped down as to hide his face from the passing public for his comfort while keeping his arms crossed as he simply waited there. His golem stood firm and stiff, it's arms to it's sides and it's head looking across the various roofs and shadier characters passing them to look out for Richard. They both kept an eye out for adventurer looking types that might be passing through in case something rather unlikely during most regular days he was in a town.

The setting changes from the-minstrels-mug to City of Brainde

Setting

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Brainde, Merrowvale
October 21, 2014--4:23 PM


As she approached the Minstrel's Mug with Lyra in tow, Altara was treated to another bizarre sight--a huge golem of rectangular stone pushing its hand against the inn's wall. Once it was finished with...whatever it was doing...it turned back towards the street, gazing everyone who passed as though it were silently judging them.

Well...that's something you don't see every day, Altara thought to herself with a wry smile. She then turned her attention to the part of the wall where the golem's hand had been. There was a poster attached to the wall there, reading in huge capital letters, "LOOKING FOR SECURITY. PRICE NEGOTIABLE." And leaning against the wall, right next to this poster, was a young man wearing what appeared to be wizard's robes, his pointed hat tilted so that the brim concealed his face.

Behind her, Lyra had noticed a female orc coming their way, eyes locked directly on Altara's back. The elf girl started to alert Altara, but the red-haired lady was already walking towards the wizard man. "U-um...!" She quickly followed, trying to get the lady's attention.

Walking up to the wizard with quick (and probably loud) strides, Altara felt relieved that she could no longer feel the rain on her shoulders. Clearing her throat in hopes of getting his attention, she gestured towards the poster. "This poster is yours, correct?" she asked. "Then, I can help you, if you like."

"H-hey, Altara, w-wait!" Lyra's hand finally landed on her right shoulder, prompting the red-haired lady to face her.

Only then did it register in Altara's mind that she had offered to let Lyra accompany her. "A-ah, right, sorry," she laughed sheepishly, scratching the back of her head. "Forgot that you were with me...should I have asked you first? Well, if you don't want to hang around with this guy, I-I'll back off..."

"N-no! T-that's not it...i-it's just that..." Quickly, Lyra gestured at the approaching orc lady, who had almost completely covered the distance at this point. And even Altara got the impression that she meant business.

...this got awkward fast.

The setting changes from city-of-brainde to World of Amtophia

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Uona marched determinedly toward the red haired girl, sword set on her shoulder, eyes locked on target. The blonde elf seemed to notice her, becoming visibly distressed, something Uona found odd. Why would she be nervous? Who would be afraid of someone so small and dainty as Uona?

She stopped a couple of meters away from the pair, not yet noticing the golem or wizard. She opened her mouth to greet them, only to close it again, unsure of what to say, and ended up peering down at them with her brow furrowed in thought. She failed to realize how someone from the vantage point of the two women might view this as a death glare.

She loweredher blade, the tip sinking almost a full foot into the packed earthen road, and cleared her throat. "I am U-Uona gel-Gahal," she stuttered. "I see you are an adventurer, and request a, uh... a... thing."

Her face flushed, embarassed over her lack of eloquence. This was her first encounter with another person since leaving, and she was already blowing it. She looked around, hoping to think up something better to say, when her eyes were inevitably drawn to a... thing. A great, stone thing that was bigger than she or any of her people. She gaped at her, mouth ajar.

This was not going at all how she thought it would.

The setting changes from world-of-amtophia to City of Brainde

Setting

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Axel Rhodes Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Brainde, Merrowvale


The duo arrived at their destination soon enough, a bustling city. Not as active as Cabaea, but it was hard to ignore the number of people on the streets. Something else worth acknowledging was the diversity of the populace. Axel spotted an enormous stone Golem, it's figure sticking far above the average height of the majority. A wizard wearing an all too stereotypical pointed hat. A rather tall female ogre. But most of all, a almost normal looking red headed girl.

Axel motioned for Caleb to follow him as the assassin approached the group. Why, he wasn't quite sure, but something seemed to be pulling him. Something like a...sixth sense, that was it. The smile returned, the strange circumstantial one, as did the feeling of his throat. The strange feeling that came over him when speaking to others. For some reason, this spell of sorts didn't come over him when talking with Cato...which was strange. Probably because they were familiar with each other.

As the two grew closer to the small body of strangers, a poster caught their eyes.

"LOOKING FOR SECURITY. PRICE NEGOTIABLE." The offer seemed interesting enough, and Axel could really use that "Negotiable Price." This strange contract quest could wait, besides it could be an easy job. Naturally, he approached the one who seemed the most friendly of everyone. The red-haired girl. She seemed to be conversing, or had been conversing with the ogre, but he'd take the chance.

"Hello, you wouldn't by any chance, know something about that poster up there, do you?" The strange tone of voice again, how weird. As if on their own, his hands had fallen to his sides, he liked to keep them crossed often times, and the weapons on his person seemed to have vanished. Cato just stood behind him on hand resting on the hilt of the dagger at his hip, and the other crossed over the front of his torso and pulling on the opposite shoulder.

The setting changes from city-of-brainde to The Minstrel's Mug

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Axel Rhodes Character Portrait: Zeebarl "Weasel Eyes" Jorlinstone Character Portrait: Esclava H. Maegstire Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus Character Portrait: Tharin Karzaduk
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Brainde, Merrowvale
October 21, 2014--4:24 PM


The female orc walked straight up to Altara and Lyra, with a rather menacing expression, and lowered her huge sword to her side. Then she suddenly cleared her throat, and began talking...with stutters. "I am U-Uona gel-Gahal. I see you are an adventurer, and request a, uh... a... thing." Just as she finished saying this, she faltered and looked around, as though she were trying to remind herself of what she was supposed to say.

To be honest, Altara found this quite funny, but she stifled a laugh, and instead turned back to the wizard. "Sorry, looks like I might not be available to help you out." Just as she finished saying this, she turned back to Uona, putting on a welcoming smile despite how awkward things were. "I'm listening. What do you want me to do?" She didn't notice that Lyra's gaze was elsewhere...

Just at that moment, she heard another male voice speaking to her, asking about something. Gods, how many people do I need to talk with at once?! But Altara didn't even have the chance to turn to see who was talking before without warning, the elf girl slumped against her rain-soaked armored shoulder.

"Wha-Lyra?!" The red-haired lady quickly caught her companion before she could fall into the mud. "Is something wrong?"

Groaning, Lyra put a hand to her head under her blonde hair. "U-ugh...s-sorry, Altara...I-I feel...um...kind of w-weak..."

Oh, no. Just how long has she been standing under the rain? Picking the elf girl up under the knees and back, bridal style, she turned first to the wizard, and then to Uona. The smile was no longer on her face, now replaced by an expression of urgency. "Um...I'm sorry. I need to get her inside and dried off quickly. If it doesn't bother you, could you two maybe speak to me later about your matters? Thank you."

Just as she finished that, she quickly pushed the door open and entered the Minstrel's Mug, dashing past several people trying to move a huge cart. The thoughts about how such a huge cart managed to fit through the door failed to register in her mind as she hurried to the front desk. "Excuse me! Are there any rooms available?" she asked the clerk--who seemed to be a very tall boy with blonde hair.

Looking bewildered and a bit nervous, the boy looked around quickly for things on the desk--records, keys, something--before he remembered. "Oh. Uh...do you, er, want a private room?" he asked, clearly not comfortable in this job. "It's, uh, 3 gold for one night..."

"Yes, a private room will be fine. Only me and this elf girl will be staying there," Altara answered, letting go of Lyra with one arm and fishing around in her pocket. Finally, her hand found the three gold coins she needed, and she slid them across the table to the clerk, who fumbled around a little before giving her a key in exchange. "Thanks," the red-haired lady told him hurriedly before rushing past him and finding the room written on the key.

As she unlocked the door, Lyra finally managed to find her voice again. "Uh...y-you...sort of, um, o-overreacted to that," she commented quietly, as Altara locked the door behind them and laid her down on the straw mat in the center of the room.

"Don't call that overreacting," Altara insisted, finally returning to a normal pace as she stood up again and started to remove her armor. "We couldn't have you lying face-down in the mud while feeling like that, could we? Plus..." She suddenly let out a loud sneeze, and shivered a little. "...I think I need to dry off a bit, too..."

The elf girl couldn't help but giggle as Altara rubbed her nose, looking a little embarrassed. "Yes...we probably should get out of these wet clothes, shouldn't we?"

"Yeah. Hopefully mine will be a lot dryer when I go see Uona and that wizard again," Altara agreed, pulling her dress over her head. She hung her dress from the long pole at the far end of the room, then turned around to take Lyra's dress...and suddenly realized the elf girl was laying on the only bed in this room.

Oh...now THIS is going to be even more awkward.

The setting changes from the-minstrels-mug to World of Amtophia

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Axel Rhodes Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Uona opened her mouth to say something to the red haired girl, but closed it when she rushed inside with the blonde elf. She turned her attention to the man with thw funny hat and the walking statue. Her eyes crossed briefly over the man in red and his party. She didn't trust him - something about his smile seemed... wrong.

"If it's true you are looking for help, perhaps I could be of assistance," she offered, her tone pleasant. Her hand remained on the hilt of her sword, ready for use if the man with the unnatural smile were to make some move of his own."I am an adventurer after all, and that is what we adventurers do, yes? This man here also seems quite capable. I am willing to split any payment, if you feel you'd be better with both our services."

She kept her facial features amiable, her body loose. She would prefer to relieve the tension that seemed to have fallen over the alley peacefully, but that man... Perhaps it was simply the nerves of being somewhere new, but she would be ready in any case.

"Oh! I almost forgot to ask your names," she said, taking a few steps closer to the others, the tip of her blade tracing a line in the dirt. "It is only natural we know each others' names if we mit be working together, yes? I am Uona. And you are?"

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Axel Rhodes Character Portrait: Hope Froloss Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Hope Froloss

Hope grinned as he entered through the gates, taking note of the signs which declared the place to be called Briande. He had been walking long enough for his clothes and hair to dry off, and even though he was quite alright being by himself, Hope was starting to get tired of replaying the same songs in his head. On the bright side, Hope had found out he could sing; albeit not professionally. On the downside, whenever he stopped making noise, the silence came back louder than ever, so in the end Hope had given up and just wandered along in silence, humming in his head while thinking.

Hope wasn't thinking about his past, though. He didn't want to think of that at all. What if it contained something horrible, like dead parents or something? What if there was a reason he was supposed to forget, a reason that he shouldn't search it out? If it was something horrible enough to erase all memory of it, Hope didn't want to remember at all. If it was important, well, he'd remember eventually, like he had remembered his name and identity. Until then, Hope was going to travel and make new friends and live a good life. He'd deal with the past when it came back to him.

Instead, Hope was thinking about his name. He was still thinking about it, actually. As Hope wandered to a market place, hands clutching his bag strap, he was wondering whether what he should respond to. Hope, or Froloss? Or a different name altogether? He liked the sound of Hope, but it seemed a bit... Girly. Froloss was more manly, but it seemed a bit too unique and he wasn't sure whether he wanted that as a name, either. And he couldn't figure out a suitable nickname, ei - whoa, what was that?!

Hope stopped and stared at the statue, his face showing curiosity and awe. For a moment, everything went out of his mind as he stared at it, admiring the structure. It almost looked like - wait, it did move. Whoa. Cool! How did it work? Was it sentient?! How did it - Than Hope came back to reality and realized that he had stopped right beside a man wearing a hat, a Orc lady who seemed to have said something, and a man wearing a red scarf and his companion. Ignoring them for now, Hope looked at the sign board the man with the hat was leaning against, and took note of the notice saying "looking for security. Price negotiable."

For a moment, Hope was confused. Then he realized that the man wearing the hat was probably the writer, and that he was the one who probably owned the golem and was looking for security, although Hope couldn't really figure out why. The golem was really large and it was enough to make people think twice about attacking him, so why was the man looking for more protection? Well, whatever. This was interesting, and if Hope was going to travel the world, it'd be more fun with other people, right?

With that in mind, Hope turned to the man and smiled cheerily, extending his hand for a handshake. "Hi," he said, his tone light and friendly, "I'm just wondering, did you put up that notice? If so, can I take you up on your offer?"

The setting changes from world-of-amtophia to The Minstrel's Mug

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Hope Froloss Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Zalgo
Richard

The first one to approach him directly was a red haired knight clad in silver armor accompanied by some blonde elven woman. Oh good, looks like someones interested. She looks fairly well equipped though. I hope she doesn't ask for too much. If I have to pay more than ten gold weekly I'll be broke before I reach the next town. He already started running his mind through how he was going to approach his offer to her.

"This poster is yours, correct?" she asked in a bold, powerful voice. "Then, I can help you, if you like." Before he could even respond to her earlier query she continued on. Validus looked over to see what the other two spotted, an ogre dragging along some sort of large sword. 'There is another one approaching you sir' His helpful golem informed him, interrupting his train of thought.

Before he could finish what he was about to say the ogre dug her sword into the ground to her side before speaking to them. "I am U-Uona gel-Gahal." She appeared to possess a stutter. Either that or her name possessed two quick pauses, he wasn't quite too knowledgeable about ogre culture. "I see you are an adventurer, and request a, uh... a... thing."


"Um, yes I am requesting security for negotiable prices. If you all wish to hear about the pay before accepting my employment I'd be happy to-" He was about to finish but the red haired knight spoke up again.

"Sorry, looks like I might not be available to help you out."

Before he could address what the girl just said some villager of little note from the town started talking to the red haired knight. While this rude figure was busy interrupting him the elven companion to the red haired girl collapsed into her arms. "Wha-Lyra?!" The red-haired lady quickly caught her companion before she could fall into the mud. "Is something wrong?" Richard was quite speechless really. What was he to even say.

"U-ugh...s-sorry, Altara...I-I feel...um...kind of w-weak..." The blonde elf stammered from some ailment. The red haired knight who's name he now knew as Altara picked her up before addressing him with mild urgency. "Um...I'm sorry. I need to get her inside and dried off quickly. If it doesn't bother you, could you two maybe speak to me later about your matters? Thank you."

And like that she was now in the inn. His index finger raised to perhaps indicate he might of wanted to get a word in but both his arms just drooped to his sides after she disappeared from view.

"If it's true you are looking for help, perhaps I could be of assistance. I am an adventurer after all, and that is what we adventurers do, yes? This man here also seems quite capable. I am willing to split any payment, if you feel you'd be better with both our services." U-Uona Gel-Gahal stepped closer, her expression still one of some concern though a little more relaxed now. "It is only natural we know each others' names if we might be working together, yes? I am Uona. And you are?" She asked him his name. He nodded for a moment as he realized her name was just Uona Gel-Gahal.

"Yes, that is true. I am-" Just as he was about to introduce himself yet another person interrupted him. "Hi." The friendly looking fellow with a crossbow extended a hand to shake. Richard shook his hand while he continued to talk. "I'm just wondering, did you put up that notice? If so, can I take you up on your offer?"


Well this was quite unusual to begin with. This wasn't a particularly bustling city to begin with so he wasn't expecting much to begin with. Rarely even larger towns would yield more than one or two enterprising blokes over the course of a night. He had already gathered at least two unique looking people who were quite interested in under half an hour. Was it luck or was something really strange going down that he wasn't aware of? He couldn't tell which. All he could tell right then was he was getting sick of being interrupted and needed to move off the street as he had gathered more of a crowd than he really needed.

"Right, I'm glad and all you both are interested in my offer but we should speak inside. Come, I'll get a room set up then we can discuss this in some peace and quiet." He didn't mean to sound as exasperated as he had but between his slow and methodical manner of speaking leaving itself wide open for interruptions and the fact he was uncomfortable in crowds he couldn't help but be a tad frustrated. Quietly shuffling along he slipped into the inn, meekly weaving his way past the large cart that looked rather out of place along with the odd and somewhat intimidating patrons set about the room or moving around.

"H-how much for a room please?" He stammered, his voice getting quieter by the end. With all these people around there could be someone amongst them all spying on him and he'd never be able to tell. He kept looking over his shoulder while hoping to spend less time amongst these shady fellows than he had already spent outside. [b]"Three gold sir."[b] The rather tall fellow behind the counter repeated what he had told Altara. His long slender hand reached into his pouch to fetch the money that was asked for by the clerk.

"One gold... Two gold... Three..." He meticulously counted each gold as he set them on the counter one by one. Once the price was met without even looking up twice at the man he grabbed the key which he heard jingle as it was placed on the desk and slinked up the stairs.


Once he was at the second floor he realized he didn't stay to hear which room the key was for. Rather than go down and chat more with the bored attendant he decided to try the key on each door until he found one that the key fit. Shuffle after shuffle, click after click, he tried each door until he found the right one. It was close by to the end of the hall. Once the door yielded to his key he entered and proceeded to lock it behind him.

That settled he started to rearrange the room, moving the table into the middle and arranging chairs around it for others to sit. He set a bed sheet across the table for a cover and placed a candle right in the middle for proper lighting and general ambiance. Once the room was ready for the negotiations he unlocked the door before opening the window. An image of where he was entered Validus's mind.

Outside the inn Validus started to move, each step slow and mindful of the people below it. Even despite it's attempt at delicacy the ground shook with each large step it took. In little time it managed to make it's way around the building until it was in view of the second floor window where it needed to be. There it stood, watching for any signs of danger to Richard through the open window while he spent a little more time arranging details until he was comfortable with the setup.

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Axel Rhodes Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Uona watched the man with the pointy hat walk into the inn, hanging back and resting her sword on her shoulder.

"Excuse me, Mr. Red Scarf," Uona said, putting one hand out. "Wait a moment, please. I would like a moment to speak first."

Someting about him made her uncomfortable, and she wished to assuage her suspicions in the case that thry would end up working together.

The setting changes from the-minstrels-mug to City of Brainde

Setting

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

(This post was written by Zalgo and Nightblazer.)

Brainde, Merrowvale
October 21, 2014--5:06 PM


Returning to the ground floor of the Minstrel's Mug, Altara looked at the card on which she wrote down what Lyra needed. At first, she considered handling those things first, but decided it'd probably be best to see if either the wizard or the orc was down here. She looked around the tables and chairs for them.

"Right. Time to talk with those people I was just with." He spoke to no one in particular, his meeting room set up to be fairly nice for the temporary arrangement he needed. Locking the door behind himself out of habit more than anything else he left his room and proceeded down the stairs where he was pleased to see Altara out and about. He remembered what she said earlier but she was still willing to discuss it with him so he spoke up. "Ah, hello again. Do you still wish to discuss the possible job offer available?"

When Altara heard that voice, she turned around and found the wizard was standing not too far away. "Oh! Uh, hello. Sorry for leaving suddenly back there..." She scratched the back of her head, laughing a little, before putting on her...business smile, so to speak? "Anyway...yes, your offer. Is it still open?"

"Indeed it is." He spoke in a quite formal yet pleasant matter, quite pleased she's interested in the offer. From her appearance he had good faith in her abilities to fight. "I believe introductions are in order. I am Richard of Dinius, and you are?" He extended a hand to shake in greeting.

Reaching out with her own hand (before realizing it was the wrong one and quickly switching hands), Altara shook Richard's. "My name is Altara. It's a pleasure to be working with you. So...if I may ask, why the, er, insecurity?"

Things were going smoothly so far so good. They had yet to discuss payment however, a thought which still nagged at the back of his mind. "While I have nothing to keep from you as far as information goes I do feel it would be better discussed in a less open setting. I have a room set up for such talk upstairs. Shall we head there now? I haven't seen the other possible applicants in here so you'll be the only one for now." He gestured to the stair well as he mentioned going up into the room he so thoughtfully prepared for this exact purpose.

Altara raised an eyebrow, wondering if this guy really was paranoid, but decided not to overthink it. "That'll be fine. Lead the way, then," she replied.

He proceeded up the stairs with Altara presumably in tow before heading down the hall. Producing the key from his satchel he unlocked the sealed room and stepped inside, ushering Altara in with a gesture before waiting for her to clear the door so he may lock it up again so no others could eavesdrop. As she entered he closed and locked the door behind them. Given the enemies he's made this was a futile gesture but it put his mind at ease if only just a little.

"Whoa...not bad," Altara commented, noticing how Richard had arranged the room. Just as she started moving to take a seat, however, she noticed something through the window--it was the head of that huge rock golem which had put up Richard's poster. It almost seemed like this golem was staring into the room. "...so, is he going to be silently judging me from out there the whole time?" she asked, unable to help cracking a wry smile as she sat down.

"Ah, that would be my golem Validus. Yes, he'll be overseeing our conversation. Please do not mind it though, it's primary motivation is my safety so it can often times be quite thorough when it comes to security. It is a reasoning construct however so do feel free to talk with it. It may not respond to you currently but it does understand you." He politely informed her before taking his own seat. "So I take it the matter you wish to discuss first was... The reason behind the task at hand, correct?" He asked, trying his best to guess just what she might want.

Wonder what it's thinking right now... Taking her gaze off of Validus and shifting it onto Richard, Altara nodded. "Being honest, you don't look like you have much to fear with that thing by your side, though..." she commented. "So why do you need help from others?"

He tapped his fingers along the table top for a moment, constructing what he was about to say ahead of time. "While impressive as it may be Validus is not without it's limitations. As you may notice it certainly doesn't fit necessarily everywhere and I can't be glued to it's side at all times despite the benefit to my safety that would provide." He spoke calmly, eloquently but somewhat slowly as he collected his thoughts for what else he was to say. "It should go without surprise that I have enemies who would have in their interests to see harm come to me. Even with my golem to defend me I am but a lowly magician, not at all greater than many you probably know. I know a few spells that can be helpful to others but alone I'm much too weak, hence why I am offering pay for additional security." He explained himself to the best of his ability. It was not his intent to necessarily leave out just who his enemies were but he was subconsciously reluctant to discuss it. In the back of his head he knew she'd turn him down rather than stand against those he's personally angered.

After listening carefully to Richard, Altara finally nodded. "So, your magic isn't really oriented towards direct fighting...and yes, I can see it's a tight squeeze for Validus. Well, the more the merrier, I suppose..." At that moment, she suddenly thought of something else to ask him. "This probably isn't something I should know now, but do you really have any objective in mind, or are you just trying to stay hidden from your...enemies?"

He sighed a bit, somewhat pessimistic about just how likely she was to accept his offer. "Unfortunately I cannot say that I have a direct goal of any such importance. I'm simply keeping between cities, making money how I can and surviving." He really couldn't of sold it any worse if he tried, at least in his mind. Just who'd want to follow someone as aimless and meek as I? I can only hope she pities me now. He thought to himself on a closed mind channel, his mind the only audience to his thoughts.

"I see..." Internally, Altara breathed a sigh of relief, but she knew it wouldn't last long. "Then, while it's strange for me to make a request of an employer, perhaps there's something we could do for myself?" God, that sounded more selfish than she intended...oh well, too late to stop. Best to just see how he would react...

"I'm listening..." He places the tips of his fingers together, his hands forming a narrow arch over the table while he focused on her and what she had to say. He was intrigued...

Somehow, it seemed as though all semblance of cheerfulness had drained from Altara's face; she now looked more like a lost child. "Well...it's just..." She actually had to stop and swallow before continuing. "The truth is, I only just woke up around an hour ago, with absolutely no memories of what happened before then. I managed to remember my name...and, mind you, some of my combat techniques...but other than that, it's all a mystery." Looking straight into Richard's eyes, she finally managed to blurt out the last part. "Would you mind if I tried to figure out more about my past along the way?"

While most people would find that a very odd request and perhaps doubt the capabilities of someone who was a self confessed amnesiac he was entranced by her revelation. The fact that he wasn't the only one who had suffered a sudden onset case of amnesia was proof that there was something else at work, not just some strange malfunction with his brain. "Fascinating. Truly fascinating..." He spoke quietly and mostly to himself, thinking on this sudden departure from their previous topic in great depth. "I must admit, and not just because you just confessed to it yourself, but I just as recently experienced an effect similar to what you described." He almost seemed to lose focus for a moment as he looked up, considering the possibilities. "I can only wonder what the cause behind it all must be..."

"You as well?" Altara's eyes widened a little. "That is really bizarre..." She let out a small exhale, before tapping Richard on the arm. "Well then...I don't know how long we'll be travelling together, but why don't we both try and find out what sort of lives we lived back then?" It was much smaller now, but a smile had returned to her face.

He nodded in agreement. "That sounds quite agreeable. A partnership it shall be then." He extended a hand to shake on the agreement. "Well then?"

Reaching over the table and gripping Richard's hand firmly, the red-haired knight shook it. "It's a deal," she told him. "So, what do you plan to do next?"

He leaned back after their shake to ponder the question since he actually hadn't given it much thought. "I haven't much of a destination in mind. I suppose my next move was to head south along the eastern coast." He placed his thumb and index finger along his chin while he considered the options. "My next immediate action was to see who else was interested in accepting my offer. Unless you find issue with other uptakers I figure as long as they're competent and pose little risk of exposing my position at least one more companion would be welcome."

South along the east coast...? Altara tried to remember if there were any notable cities in that direction...yeah, that worked out great, thanks to her amnesia. "Alright then," she replied. "So, you'll try and scout at least one more person out, and we'll leave tomorrow morning, I suppose?"

He shrugged. "Fair enough. As for money division, all earnings will be split three ways until we part for seperate paths. There is also one last thing to mention before we go ahead." As he said this he pushed his chair back and stood up. From his backpack he slid out what appeared to be a rectangular dark stone tablet. Ornate arcane sigils occupied 64 squares along the surface, all encompassed by an ornate arcane border. Holding the board out just before the table all of a sudden two glowing white spirals of solid magic emitted out from the bottom of the tablet forming a circle on the ground which supported it like a base for a center pillar table. "While optional you may find my supportive spells far more potent should you agree to attune to me." He paused for a moment before realizing he should elaborate more before she was too off-put by this sudden impromptu light show. "It is a process in which I cast the Rite of Attunement, proposing the offer to attune to me which you can speak allowed 'I accept the Pact of Attunement' and attune yourself to me. It gives latent benefits to yourself and allows certain spells of mine to aid you more effectively as well as to manipulate the flow of battle. If you wish to cancel it at any time you simple need say 'I hereby relinquish the Pact of Attunement to Richard.'" After the long explanation he took a breath.

While wondering if she should agree to the division of money, Altara was startled by the tablet...doing its...magic. "...this pact isn't going to require me to do a blood sacrifice or something, right?" she asked, not even sure if she was joking or not there.

"Of course not. This is purely white magic, nothing nearly as dark as that." He did try not to sound offended at the proposition that he might be performing blood magic, a school which fellow white mages like himself typically scorned. "It's fairly simple on your part. If you wish, I shall cast the Rite and get on with it. You okay with that?" He asked her before putting the effort into conjuring up the whole rite.

"Hm...well, I suppose this can only help in the end," Altara concded. "Alright then...I accept the Pact of Attunement." She felt a little awkward saying it, hoping there wasn't some sort of condition she completely didn't know about...like putting her hand on the tablet or something simple like that.

"Good. That's just how it should sound once I conjure the rite." He put a little sarcastically as she accepted the rite before he had the chance to even conjure it.

He placed his hands on the table, causing each of the tiles on it to glow as he started to speak arcane words of ancient power. This continued for roughly five minutes, the lights growing brighter and more elaborate as an azure blue arcane circle started to form about an inch above the table. His eyes glowed white as power flowed through his voice, speaking aloud the Rite of Attunement. "DO YOU ACCEPT THE PACT OF ATTUNEMENT, Y/N?"

Trying not to let her embarrassment over saying the words too early show, Altara exhaled again, then recited them once more. "I accept the Pact of Attunement."

Upon accepting the Pact of Attunement an Arcane Circle Etched itself upon the back of her right hand, glowing through her glove with potent magical power. The moment the circle upon her hand formed in full all the lights dissipated save for the legs of the table itself. Blinking twice Richard looked around, his eyes now back to normal along with the rest of his body. He could feel it now though, they were linked. "Now you are attuned to me. We can communicate telepathically. Do not worry, any thoughts you do not wish shared will remain yours and yours alone." He tested out her mental channel, both to introduce it's function to her and to see if it went through properly.

Once again, Altara was startled--this time, by the thoughts sent through the mental channel. "Whoa...this will take a bit of time getting used to", she responded. "So...it's done, then?" she asked in the real world, standing up. "I suppose, then, I'd best look for any supplies I...no, we might need on our way."

He nodded. "Indeed. If you need any money for supplies I can lend my funds for purchase as it's for the good of the group in general. Do note that I can repair any gear you or anyone else with little to no difficulty and I'll do so freely for anyone of our group." He let her know as he felt it would be useful for her to know before setting out. "Another convenient feature is that this method of communication is not hampered by distance or obstacles of mundane nature." He added. That being said, he deactivated his board and slipped it back into his backpack.

"Oh, is that so? That's good to hear; now I know I won't have to worry about maintenance on my equipment tonight. Thank you," Altara told him with a smile, as she walked towards the door. "Well...see you in a bit, then. I look forward to meeting our next--"

It was at that moment that she suddenly remembered Lyra's warning regarding that man with the red scarf. Her words faltered a little, but she quickly resumed. "--our next group member." "I know it's a bit weird to be saying this mentally right when I'm heading out, but...there was a man with a red scarf who was trying to talk with us. Watch out for him; he seems to have some kind of deception ability."

A shudder went up his spine upon hearing her warning. "I thank you for the warning. I wouldn't put it past my enemies to look towards hiring assassins with such capabilities. I'll keep my wits about me if I do suspect his presence."

"Good. Alright then, see you later--for real this time," Altara responded, as she opened the door and walked out. Looking down at the card with Lyra's requests, she headed back downstairs to see about fulfilling them.

The setting changes from city-of-brainde to World of Amtophia

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Zeebarl "Weasel Eyes" Jorlinstone Character Portrait: Esclava H. Maegstire Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Validus Character Portrait: Tharin Karzaduk
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

As the his two 'assistants' lifted the cart, Zeebarl quickly grabbed the tarp that sat on top, quickly pulling it over the carts contents and strapping it down, giving the ropes a tug to check their tightness before giving a satisfied nod.
"There we are, that'll sort out my wares from tumbling out.", the merchant commented while he added in his thoughts; As well as any wandering fingers too hopefully , as although his memories were blurry, his distrust of strangers was unchanged.

As he stepped away from the cart, he saw a young wizard speed past him to inquire for a room, no doubt his nervousness was of the rough looking and injured patrons of the inn, which would be understandable for anyone wishing to avoid strife. Zeebarl payed no mind to the young man, as he turned to face the cart before he suddenly stumbled as the ground he stood on suddenly shook, staring around in bafflement at the event. He shrugged to himself, having no clue that he managed to completely miss a 1000 kilogram and 13 feet tall stone golem having wandered over to the side of the inn. If Zeebarl knew of his lack of perception in this moment he'd of been horrified. Of his own behavior that is. For now though, he merely stared at the armored dwarf quizzically as he seemed to have been staring at something behind him, which Zeebarl decided against checking when the dwarf merely shrugged himself. He was about to finally add on more orders until the red haired knight suddenly wandered down to have a look around, before bumping into the young wizard from earlier as he returned downstairs, the pair of them seeming to have met before, and chatted about some employment of sorts. Most likely for the knight to be a bodyguard or the wizard for magical expertise. Either way, Zeebarl didn't give a toss.

His attention was now thankfully back to the cart, as well as the human and dwarf holding it, who kindly waited for his instruction.
"Right then you two, from what I can see of this narrow door way, the only way to attempt to push it through, is via diagonally, to one shall need to tilt it up while the other stands steadfast on the lower side, and keep a firm grip as you move it through, we wouldn't want it wedged in now. Oh and frankly it doesn't matter which way you tilt it. Thank you both again for assisting old Zeebarl Weasel Eyes.", he babbled without pausing for breath, backing away towards the door slowly as he indicated at the pair to follow, adding as an afterthought; "Oh, and I shall be pulling the cart from the outside as well."

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Axel Rhodes Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

"I see," Uona said, slightly surprised. to be honest, she hadn't noticed Cato's existence. Man must be made of air. She awkwardly took his hand, mimicking the gesture from earlier. "Nice to meet you too."

Her suspicions not exactly allayed, but feeling a bit more confident now that she new a bit about Axel's skills, Uona made to stand. "We should get a move on, then, before the employment opportunity moves on, yes?"

She hefted her giant sword onto her shoulder with one hand, then turned toward the stairwell. She stopped when she saw the red haired girl had returned to the ground floor. She walked over to the staircase, then stood to one side so Axel and his companions could mount the stairs before her. She waved awkwardly to the woman, unsure of how to properly get her attention.

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Axel Rhodes Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Uona barely had time to get two words out before Altara bolted back to the counter. She didn't even realize she was holding a slip of paper until she was already unfolding it. Her eyes strained to read what was written, the penmanship not at all like the neat, scholarly handwriting which adorned the few tomes possessed by her master, so worn from repeated readings by she and her predecessors that the bindings had been retied with strips of leather and half the pages no longer contained words. This writing was messy, hastily written, and she could barely make out what it said.

I m somy, bu alre d ac e te qu st fr th t wiz rd wh p the post r on the wal outsi . B if yo 're sti l going to re est s m th ng o me, ple meet me at the ent an e of t is b ild ng, al ne. I l e wi h you in abo t 1 min te .

She assumed the wizard was involved, as she recognized enough symbols to make out that word, as well as "meet", "building", and "alone". She decided she would ask the wizard about it after they had discussed employment, then she quickly stuffed the note under one arm bracer for safety.

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Axel Rhodes Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Uona ascended the stairs behind Axel, wishing Altara had lingered long enough for her to ask which room was the wizard's. She decided to put the question to Axel, as he seemed the observant type and would probably spot it before she did.

"Which do you think it is?" she asked, briefly examining each door they passed. "I was going to ask the red-haired girl, but she seemed in a hurry."

Why had she been in a hurry? Did she know something Uona didn't, or was she just hurrying from place to place out of worry for her friend? Uona hoped the latter. Or maybe the woman was just hungry and eager to eat, Uona could understand that.

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Hope Froloss Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Zalgo
(Collab with Alle and Zalgo)

Richard stepped out of the room not too long after Altara. With his board packed up with the rest of his stuff he was ready to look through and see about hiring another person for security purposes. While the interview with Altara went splendidly he was still quite wary of the others he might be interviewing. I wonder which one of the applicants I should see next... Definitely not the one with the red scarf. Can't allow someone questionable into the mental channel like so. He thought about who he's seen thus far, considering each possibility. As luck would have it upon leaving the room he came upon the blonde haired person with the crossbow just down the hall. Richard recalled that he had been interested in the poster's offer like the other two. "Ah! You're the other person that was interested in the security job, correct?" He asked the young man in a friendly but still business focused manner.

"Yup!" Hope replied cheerfully. He grinned, then remembered to tone it down a notch. It was business, after all. Though hopefully it'd turn into a friendly, but for now, business. "Name's Hope Froloss. Where do we go from here?" he asked casually.

"Step right this way" he gestured to the door beside him before opening it. He stepped inside and waited for Hope to enter after him.

Hope stepped into the room, noting it's arrangement and the golem waiting outside the window. He paused for a moment, wondering whether he should close the door. It was what people do, right? Last one in closes the door and all that... well, if asked, Hope'd just say that he had amnesia and go along with it. taking a seat, he grinned at Richard and took on a polite posture, preparing himself mentally for the interview to come.

After Hope stepped into the room Richard spared little time in locking the door behind them. "I do apologize if the security measures are quite high for a seemingly normal interview. As it is a security job that's offered you may understand the need." He explained himself to him as he straightened up from the door and walked back around the table. He took his time moving his seat back before sitting down, taking each step methodically. Now that he was sitting across from his interviewee he had the time to really get a good look at who he was talking to. From all appearances the fellow appeared quite friendly, not much to really peg him as a suspicious character. Still, after learning of the other one's possible nature he couldn't shake the element of paranoia in him. "Firstly I too should introduce myself. I am Richard of Dinius. I am looking for someone to help aid in my protection along my trip since there are those out there that seek to harm me. If you have any questions about what it is you are signing up for, feel free to ask." He started off the interview in the decently lit room well enough, at least as well as he thought it could start.

Hope raised an eyebrow when Hat Man locked the door, but it went down when he heard the man's explanation. He listened to the man's - Richard's spiel, and gathered his thoughts about the situation. The man was running away from someone - maybe a lot of someones - and needed protection, even though he had a golem to protect him. Then again, the golem couldn't enter the room, so that could be why Richard wanted protection from some other sources. Problem was, Hope's main job was to be a healer. he couldn't fight as well as other people, though he could shoot at them with his crossbow.

'I have a few questions. Can the golem shrink? Will this involve traveling? And I'm mainly a healer, so will that be ok?' he asked. 'I can shoot, but I normally heal people. And who are you running from?' He continued, partially serious.

Richard listened with unbroken concentration as Hope asked away. He waited until he was finished speaking and about a few seconds after to rehearse what he was going to say before speaking. "To answer your questions in order, No the golem cannot shrink currently, there will be plenty of traveling and a healer is quite welcome." He found it curious that this man spoke about being a healer. He didn't really seem the type but as with the last person he interviewed people around this area seem to be full of surprises. "I can see by your crossbow that you shoot. As we are currently absent of people with long ranged damage capabilities that should prove quite valuable." He answered his questions well enough but now came the inconvenient truth that had to be told.

"I am currently evading detection from the Dinius High Academy of Wizardry Wizard's Chess Club." The words weighed heavy with reluctance in his voice. He could only hope that Hope didn't know what the Dinius High Academy of Wizardry Wizard's Chess Club was as most who did wouldn't touch him with a 10 mile pole. Still, he was not about to go and be dishonest with someone who he was going to intrust his safety to.

Hope took in the information with a nod, feeling relief at the words that Richard needed a healer. He had been a bit worried that he wasn't going to be useful, but apparently he had been wrong. and the golem couldn't shrink, which confirmed Hope's theory about why Richard needed people to protect him. if he took this job, Hope could travel in a group, which had been his aim in the first place, but why was a school going after Richard? was it because of the golem? and just what could he do?

Well, he might as well ask, along with some other questions that had popped up in his head just now. "I'm sorry, but what's a school going after you for? Is it 'cause you stole the golem, can do great magic, or is it because you're forced to go? And, um...' Hope paused and racked his brains for a suitable way to say what he was thinking out loud. "What are your terms for this job? Not that I wouldn't travel with you anyway, but I'm just wondering about the whole situation and what I'm about to get myself into." he added hastily.

"Well..." He opened, trying to figure out how to even describe what was going on in a way Hope would understand. Before saying another word he stood up and reached into his backpack which had set near the table to the side. From it he pulled out what appeared to be a rectangular dark stone tablet. Ornate arcane sigils occupied 64 squares along the surface, all encompassed by an ornate arcane border. Holding the board out just before the table all of a sudden two glowing white spirals of solid magic emitted out from the bottom of the tablet forming a circle on the ground which supported it like a base for a center pillar table. "As a result of an incident during the finals I have been charged with the theft of this particular board, the Tabula Imperium. Right now even if I were to return the board I'd be most likely killed for taking the board in the first place." With that answered it was time to discuss terms.

"The situation is that we'll be traveling to avoid detection from the Dinius High Academy of Wizardry Wizard's Chess Club. While it is almost definitely certain that we are not equipped to deal with a head on attack from them there are many dangers in this land and though me and my golem are sufficient for small encounters anything in great numbers or of sufficient power would prove my undoing." He explained in a manner that hopefully conveyed his intentions well enough. "If you're concerned about the pay, I can offer a third of the share of any spoils of victory plus free repairs for all equipment you may have as well as..." He started to get quieter as he spoke, hoping he could simply gloss over what was to be said next.

"Four gold a week." He mumbled. He was not wealthy by any means and while he could make money by repairing items for people he wanted to leave before sunset and was fairly certain that any money that could be made from his services would still be taxed heavily by the costs of paying his security guards. With four gold he hoped that the paltry sum of money would be enough to last him until he could make more around another city. Worried about just how motivated by pay this young fellow might be he couldn't help but frown slightly as he was embarrassed by just how poorly off he was.

When Hope saw the board light up with pure magic, the first thought that ran through his mind was cool, nice light show! what can it do? followed by hey, i wonder how much magic it takes to power the thing? he didn't wonder whether or not that was an ordinary reaction when faced with a chess board supported by glowing white light. For all he knew, it was. instead, Hope focused on what Richard was saying. Wondering how Tabula Imperium worked could be done later, after the meeting was over.

When he heard of the pay, Hope didn't say anything, instead thinking it over with a slight look of concentration on his face. 'I see,' he said absently, thinking. Hope didn't mind the danger or the pay, but the way Richard had said it was almost as though he was worried about his expenses. What if Richard couldn't afford to feed himself by paying for bodyguards? That wouldn't do at all.

"Hey," he asked Richard, a bit worried. "Are you sure you can afford four gold? If you can't, then you don't really have to pay me anything except for lodging and food until you can. I'll still be your bodyguard either way." hopefully, he wouldn't ask why. Hope was pretty sure that agreeing only so that he could travel the world was pretty weird.

Richard's face softened with a look of relief as Hope offered to except minimal pay for his services. Indeed, he was quite blessed this day to find such charitable people who'd help him for such little funds. "You are most amiable. I already carry about a weeks worth of food and water for travel but I'll see to necessary supplies first and keep tally of your salary when I have the funds to pay for them. That is, if you accept the job still." He was happy to have two guards now but he didn't necessarily want to speak on Hope's behalf on whether he was going to join or not. "There is one last thing I will mention though. It is entirely optional but you can choose to attune yourself to me and receive greater benefits from my magic. All you need to say is 'I accept the Pact of Attunement'." His hands rested upon the Tabula Imperium, ready in case Hope accepts the offer. If not there was no harm although he'd be missing out on some handy benefits.

"Sure." Hope grinned and stretched, but hesitated for a moment. Now that he was about to agree, something he had forced himself not to think about came to the front of mind with a blast much like a brick to the head. Hope stood and faced Richard with a grin, shoving it out of his mind the best he could. It didn't matter, right? He was getting a travel buddy, even though it was because Hope had accepted a job offer, and Richard seemed pretty nice.

That's right Hope told himself, shoving the thought back into the recesses of his mind. It doesn't matter whether or not I travel with friends.

"Ok, I'm ready. I accept your offer." Hope said, smiling.

With that said Richard began. He placed his hands on the table, causing each of the tiles on it to glow as he started to speak arcane words of ancient power. This continued for roughly five minutes, the lights growing brighter and more elaborate as an azure blue arcane circle started to form about an inch above the table. His eyes glowed white as power flowed through his voice, speaking aloud the Rite of Attunement. "DO YOU ACCEPT THE PACT OF ATTUNEMENT, Y/N?"

"I accept the Pact of Attunement." Hope intoned, making it as dramatic as he could. He probably could have done it normally, but where was the fun in that?

Upon accepting the Pact of Attunement an Arcane Circle Etched itself upon the back of his right hand, glowing upon it with potent magical power. The moment the circle upon his hand formed in full all the lights dissipated save for the legs of the table itself. Blinking twice Richard looked around, his eyes now back to normal along with the rest of his body. He could feel it now though, they were linked. "Now you are attuned to me. We can communicate telepathically. Do not worry, any thoughts you do not wish shared will remain yours and yours alone." He tested out his mental channel, both to introduce it's function to him and to see if it went through properly.

When Hope heard Richard speaking (thinking?) in his mind, he froze for a second. A jumble of thoughts came to the front of his mind, mostly a mixture of wonder, curiosity, mindless chatter and questions all directed at Richard. Hope shove it back before it got too much; no point in overwhelming Richard and make him regret the mind link. However, in the process, the question he had been trying to keep from thinking slipped out, surprisingly vulnerable. "Do you think we can be friends?"

Evidently not used to the process of sharing thoughts through the channel Richard sat through quite a stream of what essentially culminated in noise, words only mildly distinguishable. Before he could close the tap on his particular channel it seemed Hope calmed down enough to cease spamming thoughts into his head. There was however one question that Hope asked after all the chatter. Quite a curious one it was. Richard didn't respond right away because he didn't quite know how to respond. Most of the people he had met since his amnesia have rarely been even so much as nice to him. Everyone who was willing to work with him thus far were all much too formal to be 'friends' as such. Always just acquaintances, contacts or co-workers but never friends. The only thing he knew that he'd closest describe as a friend of his would be his golem Validus. Thinking upon it he eventually came to an answer which he felt at the time was perhaps best.

"In time. After all, we only just met each other. Though I may not know how you see such bonds I take them quite seriously. I'm simply not ready for that just yet. Let us be comrades for now."

Hope hadn't realized that his question had been heard until Richard had answered him. Whoops. Didn't meant him to hear that. he thought to himself. Still, it did answer a question that he wanted to know, and that was good enough for Hope. "Cool, works for me! Is there anything else I need to know, or should I call the others up?" he thought at Richard cheerfully.

Now that he mentioned it the others who were interested in his offer came back into mind. "I don't think there's anything else that needs to be covered currently but as for the matter of the others I think I am currently good in regards to the amount of security versus the amount of money I can afford to distribute." He decided, informing Hope as to his final decision. With only so much money even if all he did was purchase food and lodgings for them he'd run out of funds faster than he could make it back and it'd be unsustainable. As it was he was happy with the people he was to be traveling with as it was.

"I'll be heading out this way personally." He packed up his board and the rest of his stuff and headed on over towards the window where his golem waited. "If you'd be so kind Validus." He mentally spoke to his golem, not really needing to explain what it was he needed. Validus raised it's hands up to the window sill, forming platforms. Before he forgot he reached into his pocket and pulled out the keys to the room for Hope to use. "Here. Use this to exit through the door." He placed the keys upon the table before turning back to the window. He stuck a leg through and climbed out the window, stepping onto Validus's hands like a balcony. As he got upon steady footing on Validus's hands it gently lowered him to the street. Now he had his feet back on the road and it was time to go see about preparing to leave. He didn't want to be in the city after sunset and the hours were waning.

He sent out a message along all mental channels save for Validus's as it was unnecessary for it to hear it. "Lets take one hour for preparations before we meet back up at the town center. If either of you need more time please let me know ahead of time." With that thought sent he started forth down the alley and out into the busy street with Validus in tow.

"wait a -" Hope called out, before hurriedly switching to thoughtspeak. "Wait a minute! what do i say to the others?! the ogre lady and the scarf man! 'we don't need more people so I'm no longer searching for them, byebye'?!"

Richard paused, dwelling on a thought before speaking through Hope's mental channel. "I don't know. I really wish I could help you there. I don't think I could come up with a better explanation, hence my departure. If you need I can have you lifted down too."

Hope frowned, thinking. a plan formed in his mind. it wouldn't satisfy everyone, but it would probably work. emphasis on probably. "I think you need more people." he thoughtspoke, grabbing the keys. he paced the room, mind going at a blur. From what I've heard, you're running from some pretty dangerous people, so it's probably best to include one more person in your team. You only have what, two, three people? Not really good enough for protection from your school. What do you think?"

He stroked his chin, weighing the variables as he considered Hope's advice. "Well... I suppose I could afford one more though it'd leave me stretched thin financially. I wouldn't recommend the man in the red scarf though, I heard from Altara that he might be an assassin out to kill me."

What, really? I didn't see much of him, but he didn't seem the type." Hope thought at Richard in surprise. "Huh. Best not to let him know that you know hes out to kill you in case he gives up on camouflage or send his companion after you. Well, since he has a companion, I'll let him know that you could only afford one more person and really only wants one more member in your party. It's pretty much the truth anyway. Ogre lady it is." Hope thoughtspoke. He was getting used to this thinking-speak thing. Apparently, you had to direct your thoughts at him for it to work.

"Alright. If she agrees to the proposal tell her to meet us just outside the gate since we'll be on our way in not too long." With that said he continued on his way down the street into the market, looking about at what he might need for the journey ahead.

The setting changes from world-of-amtophia to The Minstrel's Mug

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Brainde, Merrowvale
October 21, 2014--5:16 PM


With the food finally in her hands and a roll of black bandages (loaned by the clerk) tucked under her arm, Altara walked up the stairs back to her room. Just when she had put down one of the bowls to fish around in her pockets for a key, she suddenly heard a message from Richard: "Lets take one hour for preparations before we meet back up at the town center. If either of you need more time, please let me know ahead of time."

Didn't they agree to head out tomorrow morning...? Oh, well, nothing for it. Unlocking the door, Altara gently pushed it open with her right hand and walked towards the bed, where Lyra was still resting underneath the covers.

Placing the bread, cheese, and cider on a table that was also in the room, Altara cleared her throat, knowing she had to tell the elf girl about her agreement with Richard. "Hey...Lyra? There's something I need to talk to you about."

"E-eh?" Lyra hadn't even had a bite of the bread yet before she was looking up at Altara. Quickly, she put down the bread and moved into a more upright position. "I-is something t-the matter?"

"Well...you know that wizard I was going to talk to?" Altara asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "We finally spoke, and made a deal. He wants me to defend him from...something, and in the meantime, he's planning on heading south along the eastern coast of Merrovale. We don't really have a plan in mind, but..." Shaking her head, she decided to get to the important business quickly. "Anyway, if you don't want to stick with us, that's fine. But I'll be leaving in a few hours, if things go right."

"...a-actually...I-I would, um, l-like to accompany you." The red-haired knight's eyes shot up in surprise, as Lyra sat up all the way. "B-but, um...i-if it's not, um, t-too much trouble...d-do you mind if, uh, y-you do something...f-for me...?"

Another task...? Well, Altara wasn't really opposed to it, so she turned to face the elf girl. "It'd be my pleasure. What do you want us to do?"

At this point, Lyra took the bandages and started wrapping them over the mark on her shoulder, which quickly was obscured before Altara could make out what it was. "...I-I want...I would, um, like f-for you to find s-someone...or something...w-which can d-dispel curses," she stated, without looking at Altara herself.

"Curses?" Altara repeated, looking Lyra up and down while frowning. "What kind of curse is on you...?"

"...p-part of t-this um, curse...p-prevents me f-from speaking of it," the elf girl replied quietly. "B-but, please, A-Altara...i-if it's not too much trouble..."

Bowing her head, Altara let out a quiet sigh, starting to realize how much her responsibilities were piling up. "...alright," she finally answered, standing up. "I'll ask Richard about it. In the meantime, I know I'm dashing around a lot, but...I need to go out again, to get supplies for my journey. Should I wait, or...?"

After a little bit of consideration, Lyra finally nodded. "...I-I'll try, um, t-to eat quickly, though," she promised, and quickly tore into the bread without another word.

In the meantime, Altara started putting on her armor and picked up her lance. She also pulled Lyra's green dress from where it hung to dry, laying it on the bed next to the elf girl. Once all this was finished, she sent a mental message to Richard.

"Hey...you know that elf girl I was with when we first met? She wants to know if she can come along...moreover, she wants us to find someone who's good at breaking curses. Are you alright with her being with us?" Altara thought harder for a moment, before adding on, with a bit of a grimace that the mental link could not convey, "If it's necessary, I'll support her with my earnings alone."

The setting changes from the-minstrels-mug to City of Brainde

Setting

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Hope Froloss Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Zalgo
Richard

'Hey...you know that elf girl I was with when we first met? She wants to know if she can come along...moreover, she wants us to find someone who's good at breaking curses. Are you alright with her being with us? If it's necessary, I'll support her with my earnings alone.'

Richard was milling about the market cataloguing his inventory when he received her message. He frowned when he heard the news as it threw a wrench in his plans. He considered what he was planning on doing next carefully before responding.

'No need to split your earnings, I understand. She may come along if she wishes, I'll provide for her until we can break her curse. If you can do so however please come to the agreed meeting point as early as you can manage. I'm hoping to not waste too much time as staying mobile is imperative'


With that said he made his own way down to the town center. On the way he realized he should probably let Hope in on the news. No doubt it would be an unwelcome departure from whatever arrangements he's likely cooked up by this point but it was necessary he be informed.

'Altara, the red haired woman with the spear, is bringing an extra along. Sorry to say I don't think we'll be taking along anyone else. The size of this group would be simply unsustainable for my current budget. Still, I think our numbers are sufficient for the level of threats we'll be running astray of.'

That message sent he continued onward, his head hung low as he arrived at the town's center. Softly walking over he sat down upon the bench next to the fountain in the center of town, Validus casting a long shadow over him as it stood parked right next to the bench. He really didn't honestly think that hiring help would be this much trouble. Is it going to be worth it? He dwelled in his own head, thinking about what might come of it all. Even if he were to pay for ten more guards like these he was fairly sure if any of the chess club members showed up the only suitable solution would be to run as fast as possible. It was the only solution that's kept him alive so far and he was loath to depart from a method that's been proven to be effective at keeping him alive when all odds state that he should be dead or worse right now.


With a sigh he looked up at the sky. There was a gentle white cloud slowly drifting it's way across the blue expanse that was the sky. Being in a city wasn't his favorite thing in the world. Even though he had always been a city kid, living on the streets with everyone else there was a gentle serenity to the countryside that was simply lost in the everyday bustle of life.

Validus would of worn an expression of boredom if it could. Quite used to being disregarded as some large mindless automaton it took very little stock in minding the social interactions of living folk. Still, it beat mindlessly smashing itself against black duplicates of itself for their entertainment.

The setting changes from city-of-brainde to The Minstrel's Mug

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Axel Rhodes Character Portrait: Hope Froloss Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

{Colab between Alle and Druid}

Hope grinned and stood up. He felt a bit relieved that it had gone so well, now he really hoped that the upcoming interview with Scarf Man would be the same. Hope reached out and gripped her hand, shaking it. "Ok, see you later!" He said pleasantly. He decided to ask about Scarf Man, in the hopes of getting more information about him. maybe Richard was wrong?

Hope let go of uona's hand and opened his mouth, ready to ask. Before he could get a word out, however, Richard's voice came into his head via the thought speech channel, Saying 'Altara, the red haired woman with the spear, is bringing an extra along. Sorry to say I don't think we'll be taking along anyone else. The size of this group would be simply unsustainable for my current budget. Still, I think our numbers are sufficient for the level of threats we'll be running astray of.' Hope froze for a moment and closed his mouth, frowning slightly. Not really what he wanted to hear at this time, especially when she had just kind of agreed to join. Understandable, though, and well, Richard was the boss.

'She just agreed though. Hold on, I'll see if I can come up with something sarisfactory. Oh! And tell Altara hi from me! Thanks.' Hope thought back. He turned to Uona, biting his lip, wondering how to tell her what had just happened.

Hope seemed to have something else to say, but he closed his mouth before any words came out. Uona's brow furrowed slightly. The human didn't seem the type to hold back words, and Uona couldn't help but wonder if something was wrong. The interview seemed to have gone well enough from her persepctive, but perhaps her request had been a bit selfish? 

"Is something wrong?" she asked, bending down at a nearly 90 degree angle to try and meet Hope at his own height. "Is this about my request for time to consider? If it's not acceptable, I could try to reach a decision now, but..."

Hope was startled out of his thoughts. "No,no it's not about the decision!" He said hurriedly, waving his hands. jeez, she was really, really tall. Hope wondered if he could grow as tall as her. That would be nice, although he was ok with his current height,

"Umm, its... How do I put this?" Hope took a deep breath. "It's... Well, we can't really afford to pay and my boss just told me that he doesn't really need anymore people even though I still think he does and now I don't know what to do I'm so sorry!" He said quickly, wincing.

Uona straightened. She bit her lip, eyes narrowing as she thought about what Hope had just told her. Richard - the funny hat man - had just informed him that they didn't need anymor-

Wait. Just informed him? But no one other than Uona had entered the room in at least five minutes, and she didn't think Hope had left in at least as long. So how had Richard "just" informed him? Unless they had some kind of system which Richard could use to pester his chums from across great distances, like some kind of mystical gift of gab, Uona didn't see how Hope could've been informed of this so suddenly. Unless he forgot, which Uona supposed was possible. but she doubted that was the case.

"When you say... he just informed you..."

"Huh?" Hope looked up at Uona, confused. Didn't she - oh, right. He had forgotten to tell her about the pact. Crap. He'd thought that he could leave Richard to explain that particular piece of information (it wasn't his to share), but now Hope couldn't do that. well, here goes nothing. Standing up, he began to talk in a low voice, hands in his pockets.

"when you accept to be in Richard's service, he offers you a pact which you can choose to accept. It increases magic and latent benefits and also gives you a connection with Richard via thoughtspeech. You need to direct your thoughts at him for it to work, though, otherwise he can't recieve it. Kind of like talking in your head. And I'm not too sure about the increased magic thing, but you do get latent benefits and a voice connection with Richard. It's pretty cool." Hope said, smiling sunnily at Uona. He wondered if that turned her off from the job. It wasn't compulsory (he thinks) so if she didn't like it, she could just decline the invitation.

"He can't read your mind through that connection, and you can't read his. It's just... Like talking with each other, only in your head. And he just told me that he doesnt really need people, but you already accepted and I've still got Scarf Man waiting outside, so now I'm not too sure what to do. And I still think he needs more people, but he can't afford anymore. umm, I think thats about it, any questions?" He finished breezily.

Uona leaned against her sword, staring up at the ceiling. So the wizard had a telepathy spell. That was... interesting. She ran through everything she knew about this job in her head, trying to get her thoughts in order.

Richard "accidentally" stole a magic chess board from his guild. The guild was willing to kill him to get it back, but wouldn't let him return it. Richard wanted to hire adventurers to keep him safe, but her couldn't afford more than two or three. He also had a spell of telepathy which he could use to commu... ni... ca...

Oh. Just like that, an idea. 

Richard needed protection, but couldn't afford to pay her or Axel, if he wanted to take the job. Richard's guild was willing to kill to get the board back, but wouldn't let Richard return it, and Uona wanted to know why. The board was clearly quite valuable to them. Axel was (supposedly) quite skilled at stealth. Richard was uncomfortable travelling in too large a group. Hope insisted he needed more protection, even if he couldn't afford it.

There was more than one way to protect someone.

"You pay me," Uona said, leaning down to look him squarely in the eyes, her nose almost touching his. "You want Richard to have more protection. You pay me."

hope stared back, fearless. His grin gained an edge, and he said lightheartedly, "Geez, lady, didn't know you were that desperate for a kiss. Move back a bit, would you?"

"Stay on topic please," Uona said, annoyed. She didn't move back much. "You want more protection for the wizard man, but he can't afford to pay me. So you pay me. Or rather, you pay me and the scarf man."

Hope thought about it for a moment. It made sense, from a certain perspective. If his hopefully-soon-to-be-friend-but-currently-employer couldn't cough up the money, and hope wanted protection for him even though it wasn't wanted, then hope himself should pay up. Simple. However, common sense and almost everything else dictated that he shouldnt do this since he barely knew Richard and should therefore not go this far for the man.

Well. Hope never did have much sense, anyway.

Hope grinned. "Sure," he said cheerily. "However, you and Scarf Man get the same as we do - four gold. what do you propose? And what is Scarf Man's name anyway?"

"No, you misunderstand," Uona said impatiently. "You aren't paying us."

She tried to think of how to best explain this to Hope so he could understand.

"You want more protection for Richard, but Richard cannot afford to pay us, so you pay us, but you don't pay us."

"So act as though you're doing it out of your own free will? is that it?"

"No, you- Gaah!" Uona backed away, throwing her free hand into the air in exasperation. 

She ran her fingers through her hair, thinking of how to explain to this tiny man. "You said Richard pays four gold, yes? Hand me two gold. Now, hand me now." She held her hand out to him."I will explain."

"Yes, your highness. I'm not entirely sure whether they'd accept the split pay, though." Hope took two gold out of his pocket and passed it to her. He had a hunch about what she was going on about, but best to let it play out in case he was wrong.

Uona held the two gold coins up so Hope could see. "Up-front costs," she enunciated clearly. She held the handle of her sword between her upper arm and her chest so her other hand would be free. She grabbed Hope's left hand and held it palm-up between them. She flashed the coins in front of his eyes again, then placed them in his upturned palm, closing his fingers over them. "For Axel."

Hope gripped the coins in his palm. Knew it. "Pay Axel - he's Scarf Man, right? - two gold up front, then pay him two gold later, after he's accomplished whatever mission - like finding intel or beating Richard's enemies, I dunno - I give him? And the same goes for you too. Am I right?" He looked up at her steadily.

"No, no you still aren't understanding," Uona said, he voice calm. "What did I say? You pay, but you don't."

She pointed to the hand holding the two coins. "Up-front costs, paid to Axel. I only asked you to hand me two coins, yes? That is because that's all that will be paid." She kept her voice quiet as she explained, lest she be overheard. "You said Richard payed four gold, yes? But only I and those already paid know this. You tell Axel he will be paid..."

She did some quick math in her head to determine how much this kind of job would normally pay, based on what she'd heard from adventurers back home.

"300 gold, payable upon completion of the job. I know how these jobs tend to work out, and by the time this is relieved you should have easily found that much." Based on stories told by strangers was left unsaid. "I will not require payment."

Hope listened, frowning in thought. he did a few quick calculations in his head. Richard's enemies were a whole school, which could contain up to a few hundred students. The teachers might be after the board, too. And so might the alumni and other people who might want the board. It'd probably take months, maybe years, to get rid of the threat completely, and by that time, hope would have already saved up enough gold to pay them. "I see." He muttered, his already quiet voice going even quieter.

it would require lying, but was it really a lie when it would grow true in time? Alright, it was a lie, but screw this, Hope couldn't really think of anything else and he'd definetely make it come true, so it didn't matter. all he needed was time, which was what he had in loads. And he didn't have to pay Uona either, so that was a great help.

"You're a genius, thank you." He said, overcomed with emotion. He grabbed her in a bearhug around the waist, making sure to avoid the sword. No point in getting sliced to bits from a hug. "Thank you so much!" 

Uona' sword fell to the side with a crash. Uona looked awkwardly down at the human, unsure of what to do, her arms held out from her sides. Her voice died in her throat, prompting her to attempt an awkward sort-of hug where she patted him lightly on the back, but her arms themselves didn't touch him. 

"U- uhhh," was all she could manage to get out of her constricted  vocal chords.

Hope didn't notice the awkwardness, instead filled with gratitude at her helping him figure out the problem. He squeezed her one last time before letting go, looking up at her with starry eyes. "No seriously, thank you. And ok, I'm shutting up before I get too babble-y and start to talk your ear off by praising your genius." He grinned widely and placed his hands in his pockets.

Right, back to business. "the mission is to find information on Richard's enemies and eliminate them if possible, and give us said info. The problem is how to communicate with each other to share the information. Letters might work, but we have no idea where the other might end up, so no. The only way I see to have a sure chance of not backfiring is by Richard's thought speech spell. I think we can convince him to let you do the pact if you say youre doing it for free and travelling apart from the group, unless you can control pigeons or animals for a homing device. Can you?" He asked uona.

Uona thought for a bit. Control pigeons or animals for a homing device... Oh!

She extended her left arm in front of her, palm down. Her eyes began to glow, and a runic circle appeared beneath her which illuminated the space around her. A long, slender being which resembled a snake rose up from the circle, winding around her before travelling along her outstretched arm towards Hope, where it wrapped itself around his chest and shoulders.

"I don't know about pigeons, but I could try something like this," she said, grinning and lowering her arm.

Hope blinked in surprise, looking at her in curiousity. He wasn't sure what she was - whoa, what did she just summon? Then it came up and wrapped around his shoulders and hope froze for a moment, unsure what was happening. Then he relaxed. uona probably wasn't going to do anything harmful to him. He stared at the being, curious.

it turned out to be a snake. As hope was watching, it changed from a shimmery, translucent purple to a light, flickering yellow, almost like the color of straw with the sun reflecting off it, like the yellow of a fire. it had huge blue eyes the colour of the sky, and it had a round head. the body was smooth to the touch; coiled with muscle, and it had a huge reddish diamond on the forehead which blended in with the yellow. It hung on hope, and tried to bury under his shirt. his surprise, it didnt actually weigh anything, amd only felt slightly warm.

"that was awesome!" He said to Uona, smiling widely. He tried to pet it, noticing that it had shrunk a bit. "What can it do?"

"It lets me know where you are, and can transmit messages between us," Uona replied, stretching her left arm. "Oh, I feel I should mention that it sustains itself by feeding off your aura, so you might notice a slight increase in appetite."

With that done, Uona moved to pick up her sword. Doubtless Axel had noticed the light from her summoning, and she'd need to think of something to tell him.

Hope nodded, taking note of Uona's words. a slight increase in appetite was a small price to pay for communications. He made a mental note to help her out if he could. He owed her big, and Hope wouldn't forget. The light from the summoning was pretty bright, though. Axel probably caught sight of it... "For the light, I guess you could say that it was a demonstration of power?" He said to Uona, keeping his voice low. It was technically true.

Uona was a little confused for a moment before realizing Hope had also thought of Axel. She smiled and nodded, then looked to the door. It had been... what, ten minutes since they started? Fifteen?

"Is that all, then?" she asked. 

"yeah," Hope said sunnily, walking to the door. He checked the clock against the wall. It had been... Twenty five minutes? Huh. Hope thought it had been longer. "Again, thanks!" He grinned at her, unlocking the door. "You are free to go."

"Uona nodded once more, then turned and walked out into the hall. She turned, bowed slightly, and said, "Thank you for your consideration," before turning to Axel.

Hope bowed slightly back to her, then also turned towards Axel, smiling. He mentally prepared himself for what was to come, making sure that it couldn't be seen on his face. Richard might think of the man as evil, but Hope was prepared to give the man a chance. "You're next, please come in!" He said to Axel cheerily.

The setting changes from the-minstrels-mug to World of Amtophia

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Cardista Willowlore Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Nyaryssa Blayke Character Portrait: Zeebarl "Weasel Eyes" Jorlinstone Character Portrait: Esclava H. Maegstire Character Portrait: Munti Acini Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Brainde, Merrowvale
October 21, 2014--5:20 PM


"No need to split your earnings, I understand. She may come along if she wishes, I'll provide for her until we can break her curse. If you can do so, however, please come to the agreed meeting point as early as you can manage. I'm hoping to not waste too much time, as staying mobile is imperative."


The reply came not too long after, while Altara had been staring aimlessly out the window at the skies. Jumping up, she replied immediately. "Alright then; we'll come as soon as we can. Thank you."

At this point, the autumn sky had mostly cleared of rain, and the sun was casting longer shadows over the drenched city. Somehow, it lifted Altara's spirits as well, to the point where her stride was so quick and lively that Lyra, who had finished her meal and was now putting on her dress, looked up in surprise. "Richard says it's fine if you come," Altara told her with a big smile as she headed for the door. "Come on, Lyra, let's head out!"

Rather taken aback, the elf girl didn't really get to say much before Altara already was throwing the door open, and she had to make haste to keep up as the red-haired knight strode down the stairs. A faun and two Nekos--one with long red hair, and one with short reddish-brown hair--had arrived, and the cart had finally been moved out of the inn.

It didn't take long for Altara to hand back the key to the tall, meek clerk, and she was already on her way...but just as she neared the door, she remembered something and stopped. "Oh, wait...I promised to meet Uona here. Huh..." Shrugging, she looked back to Lyra. "We might as well wait for her. Let's give her some time."

She leaned against the wall, right next to the door. Not really knowing what else to do, Lyra walked over to her side and sat down, also with her back against the wall.

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Hope Froloss Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Zalgo
Richard

"Is there someone called 'Hope' here who can hear this? Because just saying, you have a lot of explaining to do."

As he lounged on the bench in the town center the familiar voice of Altara came across her mental channel, sounding confused and almost a bit cross. He sighed and placed his palm to his face, not too thrilled to have to deal with agitation of any kind. With the weird business of Hope trying to do... Something the last thing he needed was to try and put out even more fires, metaphorically speaking.

'I hired him right after you, the blonde man who came in afterwards. Do not be mistaken, he cannot hear you or I talking as of right now. You will be able to speak with the other's connected by the mental channels once you meet them in person. If you ever wish to, you can always choose to close your mental channel to anyone you wish, effectively blocking communication for the duration you desire.'

He instructed her on a few more of the features the telepathic link provided by the pact of attunement offered. There was only so much he could coach her in use of the telepathy without seeing her in person however so he spared her the long but ultimately redundant details for now.

Looking down at the cobbled stone road beneath him, his heart heavy with woes. If there was any reprieve to his current mentally worked self it was the fact his golem cast a large shadow, perfect for staying in to hide from the big warm sun. His fingers nervously played with the flowing fabric of his robe as he awaited their arrival.

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Brainde, Merrowvale
October 21, 2014--5:57 PM


"I hired him right after you, the blonde man who came in afterwards. Do not be mistaken, he cannot hear you or I talking as of right now. You will be able to speak with the other's connected by the mental channels once you meet them in person. If you ever wish to, you can always choose to close your mental channel to anyone you wish, effectively blocking communication for the duration you desire."

Oh, great. Quietly making a mental note to give this "Hope" guy a piece of her mind later, Altara pressed on without a second thought. At the pace she walked, it seemed as though she knew this place like the back of her hand...and indeed, she had a feeling they were about to happen upon the center of town at this very moment. (And yes, Lyra was struggling to keep up, due to being that much shorter.)

Yes, precisely. The center of Brainde had one pathetic, small, rotting tree growing out of a mound of earth, and even the crumbling buildings allowed it a 10 meter-radius circle of free space. A few benches sat around the base of the tree...not to mention, a familiar large golem of gray stone. Validus.

Richard was seated on a bench next to his golem companion, and looking rather tired. Altara hurried right up to him. "Hello again," she greeted him. "Too bad I'm not bearing good news."

Looking back, she gestured to the orc lady she had been leading here. "Here we go...this is Uona. It seems that Hope guy arranged something with her regarding our group...not that I know what it was. It seems he wanted to hire her, though, since she knows about the--"

She managed to catch herself on the last few words, figuring it wasn't wise to talk about the telepathy in open public. "...your telepathy ability," she finished mentally. "What do you want to do?"

Lyra looked up at her in confusion, and Altara realized switching to telepathy in the middle of a sentence also wasn't too good of an idea. ...this will take some time to get used to.

The setting changes from world-of-amtophia to City of Brainde

Setting

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Hope Froloss Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Zalgo
Richard

He was looking none too thrilled until Altara showed up. He lightened up to try and not project an attitude that was overtly negative but at best he could only muster a mildly downtrodden expression. He attentively listened to her news.

"Hello again," she greeted him. "Too bad I'm not bearing good news."

Looking back, she gestured to the orc lady she had been leading here. "Here we go...this is Uona. It seems that Hope guy arranged something with her regarding our group...not that I know what it was. It seems he wanted to hire her, though, since she knows about the--"

She paused, thinking about how to proceed about what she was going to tell him next or so it seemed from her expression. "...your telepathy ability," she finished mentally. "What do you want to do?"


He sighed. I can't believe he just went ahead and told somebody about the pact without first directing them to me. At this rate everyone will know I'm here if word spreads He mulled over his concerns as his face seemed to droop back into the palms of his hands once more, resting into a full face-palm.

'I don't know. We may have to take her along, although I don't know how I'll be able to support all these followers.' He answered Altara's question mentally before turning his attention back to Uona.


Polite enough to know not to speak to someone through his hands he lifted his head and stood up to greet Uona.

"Firstly, hello again Altara. Greetings Uona." He greeted the two of them. "As I've explained to Altara here I've had to be extra careful in regards to my security as of late. I'm not sure how much Hope has explained but I need to be careful as to who knows what about me. The last thing I need is for those who are looking for me to know where I am and where I'm going." He explained to Uona.

He extended a hand to Uona to shake. "Seeing as how we've just met it's only proper that we shake hands first. My name is Richard and it is good to meet you." He introduced himself to her in full since there was no need for dancing around his identity, especially since Hope was being so liberal with his information.


'Are you interviewing the man in the red scarf?' He asked Hope over his mental channel. He could only hope that Hope didn't already reveal everything to the man who was likely an assassin out to kill him already.

The setting changes from city-of-brainde to World of Amtophia

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Uona took Richard's hand gently - he looked rather thin, and she was afraid of breaking it. "Hello, Richard. It's nice to meet you as well. I apologize for my sudden arrival. Hope explained to me me your hesitance to travel with too large a group, so I can see how this might trouble you."

She released his hand, then gave a slight bow. "I also said I'd explain for him, so he would not be interrupted while distracting Axel." Not exactly the truth, but she felt a small fib now might be for the better.

The setting changes from world-of-amtophia to The Minstrel's Mug

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Cardista Willowlore Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Axel Rhodes Character Portrait: Nyaryssa Blayke Character Portrait: Hope Froloss Character Portrait: Munti Acini Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Card leaned her back up against the bar as she watched other occupants of the establishment seeming to greet and shake hands and conserve amongst themselves, The one that caught her eye most of all was a young blonde human male that seemed to lead off first a ogre female and then another human with a red cape to chat in private. "How curious..." She thought to herself as she sipped at the mug of ale, which was halfway gone at this point. She was so entertained by people watching she barely heard Ryss and it was some time before she realized she had been talking to her, voicing her concerns of the angered merchants tracking them down. Her brows furrowed as she leaned forward to to look around Munti at the seemingly troubled neko.

"Well...we stay away from the market and I leave town shortly. I am not worried."

With a shrug Cardista resumed her people watching, with her legs swaying back in forth from the stool in a quite carefree manner. Though her memories were more than a tad on the foggy side she knew this was just something she did. She would travel from town to town like a nomad looking for adventure and opportunities to make some coin. It was only when Munti was trying to urge Meowra to eat that she turned to face the little faun. Her bushy scarlet tail arching high behind her with a few playful twitches here and there as she reached out to pat him on the head offering a small goofy grin.

"I'll share my roast beef with...." she couldn't help but snicker as she said the obviously fake name,"Meowra...No worries Munti."

The setting changes from the-minstrels-mug to City of Brainde

Setting

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Altara Koloyros Character Portrait: Axel Rhodes Character Portrait: Hope Froloss Character Portrait: Richard the Pawn of Dinius Character Portrait: Uona gel-Gahal Character Portrait: Validus
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Zalgo
(This is a collaboration by Alle, roomrider and Zalgo.)

Hope wondered about it for a moment. Double or nothing for the two, which was reasonable enough. He was going to have to make some changes to the accommodate them though, since there were only two chairs. Maybe he could sit on his pack? Or he could stand up for the whole session. Hope also might need to hurry if he was to make it on time. Hope smiled and said pleasantly "Pleased to meet you too, Axel, Cat. Sounds reasonable enough. I'll have to make some changes to the decor if I want to make it fit three, though, hold on."

Hope turned and closed the door. While he was locking it, Richard's voice came into his head. 'Are you interviewing the man in the red scarf?'

Hope gave no indication that he was replying someone mentally. 'Yeah, just about to. I'm meeting his partner at the same time as well.' Hope replied cheerily. Uona must have met Richard, then. There was no one else who knew that he was holding meeting with Axel right now.

Hope walked purposefully towards the table, continuing his mental conversation. 'He's actually got a cape instead of a scarf. Since he's an assassin, his partner might be one too. Not too sure if he's out to kill you though, but I'm not going to say anything beneficial, like the pact, in case he is. Or Validus. Validus is awesome. Still not sure whether to call Validus a him or an it or a she, though. Anyway, I'm not that much of an idiot.'

Cat was fidgeting a bit, and a look from Axel put a quick end to the unnecessary movement. He then diverted his gaze towards their interviewer. Hope was on the shorter side, 3'6 at most. Blonde hair and hazel eyes. The man's body type didn't make him look particularly threatening, but looks were deceiving. Furthermore, Axel spotted a quiver and crossbow on Hope's person.

"Explain?..." Richard was a bit confused about what Uona just said. From what he remembered Hope said little to nothing about distracting anyone over their connection. Something wasn't adding up and that had him a little concerned.

"This seems suspicious" Validus cautioned him. If Richard was considered paranoid then Validus was triply so. Validus's innate design and purpose was to protect him first and foremost. The first thing that would ever cross the golem's mind was what threats, potential or otherwise, were around. Richard listens to these warnings well but often looks at the situations more objectively first, weighing the potential risks seen by Validus and reducing the possible threat of danger by about fifty percent before considering the actual danger. He wasn't one to jump to conclusions about things but even he felt that there was something fishy about this.

Deciding the test the waters a little he gave Hope another message. "What about the distraction?"

If Hope didn't know what he was talking about then it would confirm that Uona made that part up. He wasn't happy about it but considering the situation he was in it was not outside of calm logic to worry about potential assassins.

Hope grabbed a hold of a chair, lifting it. Inwardly, he replied to Richard 'It's going pretty well, they'll be stuck here for a while.' he lifted the chair and carried it around to the other side of the table. 'I'm not sure how much time I can give you, but it should be enough. Ask Uona for details, she helped me come up with this.' hope placed the chair directly beside the other chair, then began to walk towards the empty side.

Assuming the chairs were for Axel and himself, Cat plopped himself down in one only to be uprooted by Axel. Cat's manners weren't the best, it just wasn't the man's style. The duo waited a bit awkwardly for Hope to ask of them of sit. Things were going regularly, as far as the two could assess.

Hope continued to walk past the table and towards the window. He had to give himself more time to answer Richard, so... open the window! Hope had to check if he could sit on the windowsill anyway. He inspected the windowsill, opening the windows to add to the space. It was... much too thin. it was hardly wide enough to stand on, let alone sit. Drat.

Well, no matter. Closing the window and walking over to his pack, Hope grabbed it and walked over to the table, standing at the side without chairs. He looked behind him towards the window, checking to see if it was closed. Yup, it was. Placing his pack down on the ground beside him, Hope faced Axel and Cat, saying happily "I'm done! Sorry for taking so long. Here, take a seat, I'll start then."

Axel and Cat both sat down on the chairs, Cat gave a questioning look towards Axel. The man with the red cape kept his gaze on Hope, ignoring his companion's eyes. "Oh it's fine really." the man's tone was relaxed and carefree. "Thank you for agreeing to interview the two of us at once.

Hope smiled and said "Its no problem, really. I'm guessing you're wondering about the job requirements." Hope's smile turned serious. Time to get down to business. "My employer is currently at odds with the Dinius High Academy of Wizardry Wizard's Chess Club. They are out for his blood, and will not rest until he is dead."

Hope paused and took a breath, placing his hands in his pockets. "To survive, he has hired people for protection. However, he is also in need of an information network. To this end, he is recruiting people who can get information about his enemies. Locations, weaknesses, plans, anything. you might have to fight them, but it'll probably be mostly information gathering. Once the threat to my employer has been neutralized, my employer will pay you through me one hundred gold. Any questions?"

"100 gold each? Or for the both of us? Either way, it isn't much. Will there be any other benefits I should know about?" Axel was hoping for much more than a measly 100 or possibly 200 gold. Then again, he and his companion didn't necessarily need to do any of the dirty work, but it was always good to push for a better deal nonetheless.

"100 gold each, achievable upon completion." Hope said effortlessly. It would be a bit harder than earning 100 gold, but he could do it. Worry how later. "there are no other benefits, unless you count traveling with Uona as one. the ogre lady from before. she'll be able to contact me to send the information."

This information did nothing to make Axel any less reluctant to take the job. "Anything up front?" This would be the last hope. If the employer could give at least 20% of the original payment up front, the chances of receiving a fair payment on completion went up considerably. If not...things would look grim.

"I see no reason to pay you upfront." Hope stated baldly. Besides, he didn't have that much money on him right now. 200 gold is not good for carrying, especially if you wanted to stay alive. "You have not given me information about my employers enemies. This requires mutual cooperation, where both parties have to trust each other to get what they want. I trust you for accurate information about my employers enemies, while you trust me to pay you after the mission is completed. And besides," Hope added, his voice softening, almost regretful "I cannot pay you even if I wish to. My employer has all the money, while I have none."

He was smart, not letting anything slip, but he got the man on something. "Could there be a circumstance where I could possibly...know without a doubt that you will pay me? Or more specifically, can pay me.

"Well..." Hope frowned and cupped his chin in his hand, thinking. So far, it seemed to be going well, but how could he verify... ah. wait.

They needed a way to get information to Hope, and since Uona had the same job and a way to contact him, well...

"You remember what i said before about Uona? She's got the same job and knows how to contact me, so you can send information through her to me. She can vouch for me. Other than that, I can't do anything. I can't pay you until you accomplish the mission. I haven't even been paid yet" - Hope made sure to sound a bit exasperated by this. It was of his own volition, but Axel and Cat didn't need to know that, - "so I'm in the same boat as you. Sorry." he said, smiling regretfully.

Right then. He confirmed back to Hope over the telepathy they were currently connected by. Looking back towards those of his group who were gathered he looked over them until his eyes finally stopped at Uona. "I was told by Hope you'd be able to explain the rest of his plan. Come, I trust you're up to explaining yourself over some travel." He informed her before turning towards the path down a main street. "Best not to let his efforts be put to waste. We leave now." He announced to the party, taking to steps before remembering something which prompted him to look over to Altara and her companion Lyra.

"I've got provisions for her but if need be it might be necessary to hunt for food. Just a worst case scenario though, think nothing much of it please. If you really need to stay for a period longer however now's the time to say." He didn't want to seem harsh or confrontational in any capacity but all this finagling about that dealing with Hope has lead to has left him with very little of the fellow's namesake. He was not at all confident with the people he was dealing with save for possibly Altara since she interested him in an intellectual capacity given the strange events she's brought up without much motive or prompt. Still, dealing with these people has not been like dealing with any mercenaries he has seen anywhere else and he didn't like being outside of his range of knowledge. Not knowing things was dangerous and the last thing a man being hunted by peers who he feared needed.

With nothing but doubt to go on he and Validus set forth towards the gates of the city, trying to leave with the faintest of hopes that it remains as uncomplicated as it sounds. It wasn't a great hope but there was nothing else to hope for. There was nothing else he wanted more than to be less accompanied right now rather than more.

"Sorry for taking so long. Go first, I'll tell you when I'm done. I'm really sorry.' Hope thought back, still smiling regretfully.