Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

Abduction of Safehouse

Introduction

Okay, so I'm going to have just some slightbackground-information on Safehouse and the people of Mochaii. Nothing drastic. :)

Abduction (♂ Captive* x Alien Colonization Leader's Daughter ♀)
After the apocalypse, only a few humans live on in a small place they call Safehouse. But the dwellers of the planet Mochaii have overpopulated their planet and want Earth as their own. But they didn't think people lived there. And now, they take one captive in awe, surprised to have found an intelligent being. They treat their captive as a criminal, but the one leading the colonization's daughter stumbles across the study room on the ship. The two talk and form a bond, planning ofr alien-human companionship. But is it possible for the two species to live side by side?



Safehouse
- All of the original Safehouse residents, save one, are now dead.
- Safehouse is in Central America.
- A governer leads the people, and then he elects someone to replace him.
- There is no education system.
- People live in simplistic huts in a village guarded by various warriors who protect from the Dangers.
- The Dangers are what the residents of Safehouse call the rebels who plan to inflict war upon their village. These Dangers are diseased and mentally ill, having no perception of right and wrong, but actually extremely intelligent.
- The Dangers are nomadic.


Mochaii
- Mochaiins have only a slightly unworldly form.
- Mochaii is much like Earth, except the sun is red and the sky is a darker blue.



For CS, please include name, age (I'd say from 19-21- my charrie will be 18), and a picture (yours can have a human form & an unworldly form).
I'll have mine up soon; please have yours up likewise! :)

Toggle Rules

The GM of this roleplay hasn't created any rules! You can do whatever you like!

The Story So Far... Write a Post » as written by 2 authors

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

((Okay so I thought we'd start with Colon getting kidnapped. Aureli can either be present when the deed occurs, or you can just control her father capturing him. It's up to you.c;))






"FOR A BOY OF CURIOUSITY, a dangerous world is not a world to live in."






Colon pokes at his bowl of fruit in boredom. He really doesn't want breakfast; he had told Guinevere that, but she had decided to pay him no mind, instead setting out a dish for him before she went out to tend to her Distribution duties. They never spent time together anymore since their parents had died, something he has truly resented. But he doubts that his elder sister by three years feels the same way.

No, his mind is certainly elsewhere this morning. Not with his breakfast, not with his parents, or even with his sister and the Distributors. No, Colon's mind is locked on one subject, and one subject only: the Wildmen.

Colon had been fascinated with the Wildmen for as long as he could remember. They were, after all, the only people allowed outside the confines of Safehouse. They've seen the world, gathered the fruits of its life for the Distributors to divvy out amongst the townfolk. They've earned scars that they proudly display from skirmishes with the Dangers and the wild creatures who live in their midst. They live for adventure, the only thing Colon has ever wanted.

The reason Colon's mind is on the Wildmen today specifically is because today is their monthly Return, the day when they bring to Safehouse the fruits of their hardships for all to enjoy, only to return to the wilderness within a day or so. He has so long desired to join them, but Guinevere had forbid it. "What would I do if I lost you, too?" she had said dourly.

Colon rises from his three-legged stool, fixing his earthy brown tunic, worn with matching trousers held up by a rope. Well, she couldn't stop him from talking to them. Maybe their tales would be enough to keep his curiousity down for another month or so.

Barefoot, Colon runs from their three-room hut onto the dirt pathway, trying to blend with the crowd for fear of Guinevere's eagle-eyes. Once he got where he was going, however, there'd be no fear of her seeing him. Guinevere would never show her face at the Cabin.

The Cabin is the hang out for the Wildmen and other brave souls looking to show off for various prizes - clothing, drinks, food, furniture, or even the luxury of shoes or weaponry. Nothing was unheard of. Colon is unsure when he learned of the Cabin - more than likely the same time he learned of the Wildmen - but he had always wanted to go. And today, the day of his eighteenth birthday, he is not afraid to show his face.

Weaving deep into the "dark sector" of town, Colon finally slows his pace, looking around. He knows in his heart that he'll recognize the cabin when he sees it. And sure enough, a run down wooden place attracts him to it, jarring and cackling ringing from the inside.

Colon pushes open the door quietly, slipping inside into the shadows. He has no trouble sneaking; all eyes are on a shirtless, tough-looking young man in the center of the room. Colon almost gags when he realizes the man is shoving swords down his throats fearlessly. What the Hell? Why would somebody do that? And why did the sword-swallower look so... familiar?

Then it hits him. Duff, a warrior who guarded the town, the very man who had long since taken a fancy to Guinevere. A man who hates his guts. A man who wants to rip out his throat.

As Duff removes the swords in a fluid motion, seemingly unharmed, the audience claps and cheers like mad, a young woman actually going up to kiss Duff's cheek. They start chanting "Choose!" repetitively, clearly wanting Duff to choose the next show-off of the day. Colon rolls his eyes and starts heading for the dooring. A few tales of adventure aren't worth this madness. But something stops him just as he lays a hand on the door.

"Leaving so soon, Latif?"

Colon pivots on the spot as the room silences to find Duff grinning maniacally at him.

"Guinevere," he mutters. "She'll be wanting me."

Duff laughs, striding over to Colon. "Aw, come on, Latif. Today you became a man. And there's a little rite of passage all men must go through." He cuffs Colon on the back.

Colon scowls. "I don't trust you." He ducks away from Duff, who grins.

"Come on, little man. There's nothing to be afraid of. Just a bit of adventure. Don't you want a glimsp of the outside world? If you prove yourself here and now, maybe I could persuade your lovely sister to-"

Holding up his hand, Colon stares. "You'd be able to do that?" Duff shrugs, a grin plastered to his face. Finally, Colon sighs. "What do you want me to do?"




Soon after, Colon finds himself shirtless and standing outside of the infamous fence, the one that keeps all the people in and the rest of the world out. A string of men stab=nd behind him as Duff stands by his side, holding the younger boy's shirt. Colon looks at him questioningly. "Are you sure about this?"

Duff just laughs. "You'll be fine, little man. Trust me. Everyone before you has done this and survived."

Colon stares out into the thick forest brush. Duff had proposed he run into the wilderness and bring back a prize that he felt represented himself, armed with nothing except his bare hands. Setting his jaw, Colon nods at Duff. "Okay. See you soon."

Keeping his head down, Colon charges deep into the underbrush, not slowing for the first few minutes. When he does slow, it's only to regain precious breath, the support of life. He takes in his surrondings, but it only takes a moment.

Trees, trees, and trees. Oh yeah, and more trees.

Great, just great.

((Sorry it's so long. I got carried away. cx) I always do with OPs, haha.))

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Ellfen Brunei had him and his men hidden in the trees of the forest near these creatures of this planet. They had been watching them for weeks, ever curious about these seemingly intelligent beings. Right now they were doing something ever interesting to them. There was a group gathered by the barricade of there camp and two of what they had concluded were the males of the species were standing outside of their camp. One had the others shirt which caused Ellfen wonder if the male without his shirt was an exile of the group. This could be the opportunity they had been waiting for. If he was an exile then he wouldn't be missed from the group which would allow him to capture the creature to learn more about him.

"Prepare to capture the male creature. Do not let him make much noise, but also don't harm him. I wish for him to be somewhat corporative." He spoke in the language of his people to his second in command. The man nodded and passed on the orders to the others.

Before they realized it, the male creature was running towards them and they stayed hidden as he passed. Silently they followed him into the forest. Silence was the specialty of their kind, that and blending in. They were able to shape shift to an extent, causing them to not be as noticeable.

When the man stopped, the group stayed hidden for a moment and watched him. It did not take them long to realize that he was more than likely lost. This was there chance as they snuck up behind him. Two men snuck up behind him, one grabbed him with a strong grip while the other gagged him. A third now came up, ready to put a bag over his head but not before Ellfen stepped in sight of the man. Ellfen was a huge man, standing at 6'5 feet tall. He was pure muscle as well and his skin was a blue grey color. His hair was as black as a ravens and stopped at his shoulders. The most terrifying features were his fangs and horns. His horns we're large and curled like a rams. They were red at the base and faded up to orange and then yellow at the tips. His eyes were a hellish red color and they stared down at the creature, but curiosity was in his eyes.

"Vyumja fyun quora, jeh meg rog fyun ocsuko. Quo usura fouja vusp mequ. (Bind him well, do not let him escape. We shall head back now.)" Ellfen shouted the orders to his men as they put a bag over his head and bound his arms behind his back. They then made their way back to the ship.

Aureli sighed as she walked around the ship, wondering when her father would return. He had been gone for several days now and she was mad he had left her behind. She too wanted to see the creatures of this world, but her father feared for her safety. So she had been stuck on the ship as long as they had been there and she was growing tired of it.

Almost as if the gods heard her complaints, her father walked in and they had something curious with them. She stood as her father passed her and she felt small as she always did when she was near him. Aureli took after her mother in almost every aspect, with her being so tiny and having the same features as her. The girl stood at only 5'4 and was very delicate looking. The only thing she had inherited from her father was her black hair and her eyes. Her mothers hair was a dark auburn color and her eyes were a deep green. Oh how Aureli wished for those green eyes when she was younger.

Once everyone had entered, she silently followed the group. She was, curious about this creature they brought back and she was determined to learn more. She watched them bring him in a room and she stayed out of site so her father would not know she was there.

The man that was leading the creature brought him into a white room with a table and a chair in the middle. The man sat him down in the chair and then took the bag off his head and the gag out of his mouth. He left his arms tied, however, and then spoke to the man. "Iea'ra cgui folo mequ amgyur Sennumjol Ellfen josyu quoug fo quumgc geh jeh quyuchquych iea. Jeh iea amjolcgumja? (You'll stay here now until Commander Ellfen decided what he wants to do with you. Do you understand?)" The man watched the face of the captive and then grunted when he realized he didn't understand. He mumbled some words as he walked out of the room and then stood guard outside the door even though he knew the creature couldn't get out without the hand print of someone on board.

By this time everyone else had left and Aureli let a few minutes go by before she approached the guard. "My father wishes to speak to you." She told him and he gave her a suspicious look before looking back to the door. "Well don't keep him waiting, I'll stand guard till you get back." She promised and the man sighed as he walked off to find her father. She knew her trick would have repercussions, but she was too curious to resist.

When the guard was out of sight, she let herself into the room and stood there looking at the creature. "Iea'lo u salyueac reepot chot. Sum iea ckoup? (You're a curious looking thing. Can you speak?)" She spoke to the creature and then realized he didn't understand her. She bit her lip as she thought of what to do. She then glanced back at the door before walking closer to the man. She grabbed his face gently with her hands before she planted a kiss on his lips. She felt her mind flood with the new language and she smiled. "So I guess you can speak. Can you understand me now?" She asked as she looked at him, waiting for a response.

(I think I went a little overboard too haha xD. Oops.)

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

((Lol, no worries. cx By the way, love the language. <3))






Colon turns in a circle, a small frown plastered onto his face. Which way had he come from? Making a guess would be risky, for he could run deeper into the woods, perhaps encounter the Dangers. Damn, why did he let his pride get the better of him? It was a stupid idea, a trick he should've seen through right away. It had been intended by Duff to get him lost.

Letting out a thin breath, Colon scolds himself for his gullibility and stupidity alike. Gullibility for trusting Duff. Stupidity for not marking his pathway somehow. Guinevere wouldn't even notice his absence until she comes home with whatever birthday surprise she had been planning the same way she does every year.

Colon doesn't even have time to yell when something grabs his arm, another hand shoving a gag into his mouth. He lets out a small grunt, but is inwardly relieved. Surely this is Duff and his crew, having planned to send him out merely to ambush him midway. A fine prank that would at least get him home safely, if not providing utmost humiliation.

But when the... thing steps in front of him, all hope is lost, replaced with a pounding heart of tension, fear, and confusion. Surely this... this... thing is not human. No one is that tall. No one has that color skin, or glowing red eyes. No one has horns upon their head... Not even the Dangers.

The Thing lets out a string of indecipherable words, and a group of its equally as odd-looking fellows quickly move to bind Colon, who is too stunned and afraid to even put up a fight. But when they make a move to pull a sack over his eyes he jerks violentl, causing two more Things to yank him upright, tightening their grips on his either arm.

The one shoves him forward, muttering odd words under his breath. One of his fellows cackles as though he told a joke.

Colon, feeling exposed and afraid, acquieses to the Thing's pushing. After a while, he hears an odd thumping beneath his feet. Were they walking on wood? No, that couldn't be. Stone? Nope. He finally acceptss that this is some kind of rare material he has never before seen or heard of.

Eventually, he is seated in a chair of some sort and the sack is removed. Throat clenching, Colon looks up into the eyes of one of the Things. It says something to him, apparently trying to communicate a messgae, but it is not in the language of the Safehouse residents. Colon merely looks down at his feet, trying to organize his thoughts logically, to no avail.

The sound of feet enters the room, a Colon hears a voice, this one not as gruff as all the others. He looks up slightly to see a smaller form before him. A female, he supposes. This surprises him slightly, though he doesn't know why. There's females and males of every living creature, right? But he cannot answer, so he just looks on at her, eyes frozen in shock and confusion.

That's when the she-Thing does something even more shocking. She steps towards him soundlessly, slightly hesitant, and places her hands on his face. As her face nears his, Colon tries to back away in surprise, but her hold is true. When the she-Thing's lips touch his own, Colon feels bile rise in his throat, but he forces it back down as she pulls away from the kiss with a smile.

Then she does something the most shocking of all.

"So I guess you can speak," she says with a smile. "Can you understand me now?"

Colon panics slightly, eyes darting around the room as questions try to force their way through his lips all at once. "How did you...? What are you...? Why did you...? Where...? Why did they...? What the Hell is going on?" Frustrated and uncertain, Colon lets out a groan of frustration and covers his face, hands trembling slightly. He wanted adventure, yes, but this is a little too much.

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

(Haha thank you. I thought it sounded good.)



Auriel watched as the creature began to panic and she became a little confused. She just touched their lips together in order to learn his language, did this species not do the same thing? She had so many questions she wished to ask, but she knew she needed to calm him down first and answer his questions. She did not know how much time she had to do that, though, since she was sure her father and the guard would be on their way soon to find out what mischief she was getting into.

Gently she took hold of his hands and pulled them away from his face. "Please you must calm yourself. I know this is all confusing and you're frightened, but I shall not let any harm come to you." Her voice was gentle and kind, she gave him a reassuring smile hoping it would help. She quickly glanced back at the door again, but she knew she was safe for a few more minutes.

"If you haven't guessed already I am not supposed to be in here. I shall try to answer your questions quickly, but I doubt I can answer all of them." Aureli started and then proceeded to think of where to start. Well perhaps she should start with who her and her people we're. "We are the Mochaii, we are from another planet. We came here in hopes to colonize this planet, but we did not realize there were intelligent creatures on this planet. They must have brought you here in hopes to learn more about your kind." She wanted to continue, but that was when her father burst in the doors with two guards. The guards had strange looking swords and they pointed them at the creature.

Auriel spun around to face her father, but she put herself between the swords and the man. "Jeh meg fuln fyun. Tug fuln jeoc seno geh fyun, chom YUY klui cho tejc fubo nolsi em iea. (Do not harm him. If harm does come to him, then I pray the gods have mercy on you.)" She yelled at the men and held a defensive and commanding stance. At that moment she looked more like her father than she had ever had in the past.

The guards hesitated and looked at theirs commander as he nodded and they pulled their weapons away from the two. Ellfen grabbed hold of his daughters arm and began to lead her out of the room, but not before she spun to speak to the creature behind her. "I shall come back tonight to answer more of your questions I promise." And with that they had all left the room.

"Daughter what were you thinking? That thing could have harmed you. I could not bare to lose you as well." Ellfen was furious with her. Auriel looked away slightly ashamed, his last words stung. She had lost her mother right before they left their home planet. That was what caused them to take up this quest.

"He did not harm me father, I am fine. I wish to speak more with him." She said as she found her courage and looked back at her father.

"You can speak to the creature?" Ellfen became lost in thought as he realized she may be able to help them now. He did not wish to put her in harms way though. "I shall consider it, but until then you shall stay away from the creature." He said and in response his daughter angrily spun around and stormed off. She would wait till nightfall and then visit the man again.

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

((I was having fun trying to pronounce the words. xD I lead a sad, sad life, lol.))






Colon feels two hands close around his either wrist, coaxing his hands away from his face with surprising gentleness. "Please, you must calm yourself," the she-Thing says in a quiet voice. "I know this is all confusing and you're frightened, but I shall not let any harm come to you."

Frowning, Colon drops his hands onto the armrests of the chair, to which they had been bound with just enough length between them for him to manuver. After a moment's hesitation, he gazes up at the girl, forcing himself to stay quiet. He needs answers, no matter what the source.

"If you haven't guessed already, I am not supposed to be in here. I shall try to answer your questions quickly, but I doubt I can answer all of them," she looks thoughtful for a moment, and Colon's almost compelled to feel bad for hammering her with so many questions. Almost, but not quite. "We are the Mochaii, we are from another planet. We came here in hopes to colonize this planet, but we did not realize there were intelligent creatures on this planet. They must have brought you here in hopes to learn more about your kind."

Colon stays quiet for a moment, right hand on his temples as he allows the information to sink in. Another planet? They wanted to learn about humankind? Call him crazy, but to Colon that sounds almost as though they're going to-

He shakes his head, swallowing another bout of bile. No. They wouldn't dare touch him, lest he lash out. There's no way that these "Mochaii" are more intelligent than humans... But how had they traveled to another planet, then?

In that moment, the door slams open and Colon finds himself at sword-point. Gulping, he edges backwards slightly, farther from the lethal points. He looks upwards to see the man he saw before him when he had been kidnapped, grabbing the girl's arm tightly. He says something harshly in their odd tongue, beginning to lead the girl from the room.

"I shall come back tonight to answer more of your questions, I promise," she calls loudly.

As the door slams, Colon frowns deeply. Obviously this girl wants something from him. Why else would she bother seeing him? He'd just have to keep his guard up until the motives of these creatures are revealed to the fullest extent. Soon, perhaps. Perhaps...

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

(I don't think that's sad, I would do the same thing if you presented me with an odd language lol. I love languages, they're so unique.)



When nightfall came, Aureli made her way back to the room she had visited earlier that day. She stayed hidden as she got closer and came to find there was a guard still outside the door. Surely it was to keep her out rather than to keep the captive in. She had expected this and planned ahead.

Slung over her shoulder, she had a bag full of various items. She pulled out a jar that had a purple dust like substance in it. She smiled as she remembered sneaking into the lab on the ship and stealing the precious stuff. She had almost been caught, almost is the key word. The dust was a special mineral found on her home planet that, if inhaled, would cause the person to fall asleep. When they would awaken they would believe they just dozed off for a few minutes.

Before she opened the jar, Auriel pulled up her black hood of the cloak she was wearing and covered her face so just her eyes were showing with a heavy cloth scarf. Once she was prepared she snuck to the guard and released a small puff of dust. The man fell asleep and Auriel smiled at her success and she entered the room. She removed her hold and scarf as she made her way to the table.

"Are you hungry?" She asked as she pulled out what looked to be some bread, some odd looking fruit, and some cheese from her planet from her bag. She set it all on the table along with a thing full of water and then pulled something else out of yet bag. It was a key to the bindings that kept him to the chair. She knew fully well that this was dangerous and he could probably overpower her, but she didn't care. She knew they must be uncomfortable.

She found a chair across the table from him and sat after she finished. "I told you I would be back. Now ask me any questions you'd like, I'll answer them to the best of my abilities." She said as she watched him.

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Colon spends the day dozing off and on, each time awakening to the belief that his current predicament is nothing more than a horrid nightmare, each time disappointed to find himself wide awake. In his wakefulness, Colon tries not to let his thoughts ovewhelm him, for a clouded mind is no use to anyone, surely.

By the time he supposes night has fallen, Colon begins to wonder about the girl from before. She had said she would return, but it is more likely than not a set-up, a test of some sort if she does. He's not sure whether he wishes for her to return or not, but this room - far nicer than even the Governor's Quarters back in Safehouse - is not much to look at, and his curiousity is overwhelming. (Guinevere had always called it a major flaw of his - curiousity to the point of foolishness.)

And what would happen to Guinevere? Surely Duff had not expected Colon to get hopelessly lost as had occured. Guinevere would be worried, and Colon doubts that Duff will tell her the truth. But surely some Wildsmen or Guardians were out searching for him... Right?

The creaking of the door jerks Colon from his thoughts and worries. A hooded figure with shining red eyes and a scarf pulled around its face enters, and Colon sets his jaw. What could they want?

The girl takes off the outfit, and Colon is slightlt - only slightly - relieved that it is only her. He's rather it be her than the man from before, anyway.

"Are you hungry?" the girl asks, removing some odd-looking food from her bag, placing it before him on the table. Colon furrows his brow, studying the food. Is it safe to consume? he wonders. He decides not to take the chance, turning his head to keep himself from being overtaken by the hunger that had washed over him in the past few hours.

Feeling skin brush his wrists passively, Colon turns his attention back to the girl, surprised to see her loosening his bonds. For a fleeting moment, he begins to circulate an escape plan through his mind, but then reality watches over him. She wouldn't risk this unless she had back-up. Surely there were more of these alien creatures outside the room, just waiting for him to run. So instead of making any quick moves, he slowly draws his hands ho his chest, rubbing his sore wrists, eyes still locked on the girl.

"I told you I would be back," she declares in a quiet voice. "Now ask me any questions you'd like, I'll answer them to the best of my abilities."

Colon bites down on his lip, forcing himself to think. What is the most pressing question? Well, perhaps he should just cut to the chase. "What do they want from me?" he says in a hushed, even voice. "And what do you want from me? I am no fool."

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Auriel watched the creature in front of her and took note of how he wasn't eating. Perhaps these creatures didn't eat food? Or maybe they didn't have food like this on this planet? These questions ran through her minx, but then if dawned on her that he didn't trust her. Why should he, her people did just take him captive after all.

Now her mind went to how she was going to get him to trust her. If he didn't and he was similar to her kind and he continued to refuse to eat it could end badly. Last thing she wanted was for him to die.

When his questions came she sighed as she realized she didn't have a complete answer for the first question. She hadn't talked to her father to find out truly why he was here. Instead she had just asked around the ship about what was going on.

"Well," she started, trying to choose her words. "I was told it's because they want to learn more about your species. They were not expecting to come across intelligent life on this planet so I would assume they want to study your behaviors. Perhaps in order to find out if we can maybe share this planet? I'm not positive on this because I have yet to talk to my father, he's not too pleased with me at the moment." She hoped this answered his question to where he was at least satisfied.

Next was the question about what she wanted from him. "I don't WANT anything from you. I saw them bring you in and I grew curious about you." She shrugged, knowing it wasn't very convincing but it was the truth. She had nothing to gain from talking to him. "Plus I figured you may need a friend, so here I am." She said with a friendly smile, hoping it may calm him some.

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

As he listens for the girl's response, Colon rubs his forefinger and thumb on his right hand together, an old habit he had inheireted from his mother. Like her, he does it when stressed, confused, or thoughtful alike. Right now... Well, right now he's not fully sure why he's doing it, in all honesty.

"Well," she starts finally. "I was told it's because they want to learn more about your species. They were not expecting to come across intelligent life on this planet so I would assume they want to study your behaviors. Perhaps in order to find out if we can maybe share this planet? I'm not positive on this because I have yet to talk to my father, he's not too pleased with me at the moment."

"I don't WANT anything from you," she continues. "I saw them bring you in and I grew curious about you." She shrugs as though it made perfect sense, causing Colon to frown deeply. "Plus I figured you may need a friend, so here I am."

Colon bites down on his lip, thinking over the girl's words as he continues his finger rubbing absentmindedly. That explanation sounds all too familiar. He knows very well what an overwhelming bout of curiousity can bring, having fallen victim to such a feeling many times himself. Frowning, he cranes his neck toward the door. Perhaps no one is out there. If what she claims is true, that she's merely curious, it would be probable that she came alone, but not at all certain. The risk of running would still be great, especially considering her final statement. I figured you may need a friend... If those words didn't reek of a trap, than he is useless, indeed.

Finally, Colon leans back in the seat, deciding to play along as the gullible bastard for the time being. Maybe she'd accidentally reveal herself if he made as though he's putting his guard down.

"Okay," he says slowly, maintaining eye contact with much difficulty. (Those eyes are chilling, they are.) "So you're curious... What about, if you don't mind my asking? I may answer, but surely you understand if I ignore a question completely. My predicament isn't exactly a pleasant one to be in, Miss..." He pauses. "Do you have a name?"

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Auriel watched him closely as he seemed to mill over her words. She hoped what she had said had calmed him some. She found herself wanting this creature to trust her, though she wasn't positive why she wanted that.

He then asked if she had a name and she giggled a little. "Well of course I have a name, my mother have me the name Auriel when I was born and that's what I go by." She have him a smile, but she could tell he was having difficulty with something. It then dawned on her that her appearance may frighten him. He almost had difficulty looking her in the eye and she but her lip.

"Does my appearance frighten you?" She asked softly and grew silent for a moment. "Perhaps this form may be more pleasing." She said as she began to shift into one of his species. Her skin became a pale peach color and her horns disappeared. Her hair became a light brown and her eyes changed from that chilling red into a warm brown color. Her lips became a warm rosy pink color and her features just softened all around. She watched him carefully for his reaction, hoping this would make things easier.

"Do you also have a name? That's my first question for you." She asked as she kept eye contact with him. "I am also aware that your situation is not preferable, but if it makes you feel any better I will do all I can to make sure you are released unharmed. That is a promise and may the gods punish me if I break that promise." She continued as she kept eye contact with him.

(I am so incredibly sorry this took me so long! I ended up going on vacation to Disneyland last week and couldn't get on at all. I kept trying to send you a PM, but every time I got interrupted or my internet crashed. Please forgive me!)

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

((It's perfectly fine, I completely understand. cx Although, I must admit that I'm jealous, haha. c;))






Colon's eyes widen as the girl giggles. She actually giggles. What the heck? "Well of course I have a name, my mother have me the name Auriel when I was born and that's what I go by."

He nods. "I just wasn't sure... I don't know what to expect from all this, you know? I just didn't know..." He trails off to a quiet, barely there mutter.

Colon looks downwards, unable to mainatain his gaze any longer. For this, he is quite angry at himself. How is he to see any sighs of lies and falsehoods if he doesn't keep his gaze steady and fixed. The last thing he needs to do is to display weakness under this creature's - Auriel's - irritatingly steady gaze. He supposes that in a way he already did do so, which provides all the more reason not to display any more.

Just before Colon forces himself to look back up, Auriel speaks softly, and what she says amazes him. "Does my appearance frighten you? Perhaps this form may be more pleasing." And to his even greater amazement when he looks up, he does not see the chilling creature, but a normal girl with brown hair and eyes.

Taken aback, Colon practically falls out of his chair. "What...? How...? Why..?" He gazes at Auriel steadily, then sighs. "You know what, nevermind. I don't need to know."

Auriel meets his eyes steadily before speaking. "Do you also have a name? That's my first question for you. I am also aware that your situation is not preferable, but if it makes you feel any better I will do all I can to make sure you are released unharmed. That is a promise and may the gods punish me if I break that promise." Throughout this all, her eye contact is maintained.

Colon resists the urgue to snort at the question. Surely she already knows his name. They had probably been watching him for a while before they captured him, right? Like the town Vigilantes, right before they made an arrest. In that case, this is nothing more than a testing of his honesty.

"Colon," he answers in a hush. "And..." he mulls over her next statement. "Thank you. May the Keeper acknowledge your generosity." He feels dirty using the Keeper's name in such a falsehood, but he uses it anyway for emphasis.

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

(Haha don’t be jealous, yes it was fun, but I’m still so exhausted. I also injured myself while I was there haha.)

Auriel was about to answer his broken questions of how she changed her appearance, but stopped herself when he told her he didn’t need to know. Well that answered one of her questions, whether or not his species could shape shift like hers. Their shape shifting was used almost as a defense mechanism so if he couldn’t shape shift then what was his defense mechanism? Oh there were so many questions she wished to ask him.

When he told her his name, she smiled a little. “Colon…” She said softly, mostly to herself as she thought about the name. “I like that name.” She then added, but then he said something that brought up another question. Who was this Keeper? Was that a god of theirs? She wanted to know more.

“Keeper? Who is the Keeper? Is that one of your species gods?” She asked with much curiosity. She then realized that maybe they only had one God unlike her species which had many. Her peoples gods were their ancestors, the very first of their kind. There were twelve of them to be exact and they had great power. They could see many things and they could control the life or death of her kind, or so they say. Auriel had never seen her gods and didn’t know if their power was true, but she had to believe in it in case it was. Losing faith in her gods could mean her death.

(Also sorry it's so short, I want to give time for reaction and conversation without taking it too far haha.)

Characters Present

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

((Sorry, I've been sick the past week and had to get caught up on school work. Ugh. >.< And it's no problem. c;))






“Keeper? Who is the Keeper? Is that one of your species gods?”

Colon raises his eyebrows in genuine surprise. This girl had never heard of the Keeper? How odd it seems to a boy raised in the ways of such a guardian, the ways of such a magnificent, loving being. But then again, she is not from this world, so how can he expect Auriel to know? Instantly he feels ashamed for such thoughts as those he began to entertain automatically.

"The Keeper is the one who chose our ancestors to rebuild our world after the End," he says in a quiet, revered hush, a hush well practiced by Safehouse residents. "You see, almost a century ago, our world, in essence, ended. The animals grew dangerous, as did some of the plants." He shudders. "I hear from the Elders that it was absolutely awful. Awful and gorgeous all at once. Anyway, only a hundred people survived, the Keeper's Chosen Ones. They all found their way to Safehouse, where they built and established a community, producing more humans to continue to heal the world. There were fifty men, fifty women, so really it couldn't be a coincidence."

Colon feels a small smile perk his lips. "My grandparents were two of the Chosen. All four of them. They all died before I was born, except my mother's mother, who died a week after. I obviously don't remember her, though. Anyway, only one of the Chosen is still alive. Efaph. They say he's almost a dozen decades old. His grandson is currently Govenor of Saferhouse, whose youngest daughter I grew up with. Naamah, her name is."

After a time of silence, Colon shrugs. "The Keeper is the one who makes sure we have what we need to survive. He is the one who prevents animals and the Dangers from crossing the wall into our city. He's the one who takes care of us and makes sure no unneccessary harm comes to us. Always."

View All »Arcs

Arcs are bundles of posts that you can organize on your own. They're useful for telling a story that might span long periods of time or space.

There are no arcs in this roleplay.

View All » Create New » Quests

There are no quests in this roleplay.

Add Group » View All » 0 Factions to align with

Here's the current leaderboard.

There are no groups in this roleplay!

Events

Soon™.

Game Master Controls

Welcome home, Promethean. Here, you can manage your universe.

Arcs

Arcs are bundles of posts from any location, allowing you to easily capture sub-plots which might be spread out across multiple locations.

Add Quest » Quests

You can create Quests with various rewards, encouraging your players to engage with specific plot lines.

Add Setting » 1 Settings for your players to play in

Settings are the backdrop for the characters in your universe, giving meaning and context to their existence. By creating a number of well-written locations, you can organize your universe into areas and regions.

Navigation

While not required, locations can be organized onto a map. More information soon!

Add Group » 0 Factions to align with

There are no groups in this roleplay!

Collectibles

By creating Collectibles, you can reward your players with unique items that accentuate their character sheets.


Once an Item has been created, it can be spawned in the IC using /spawn Item Name (case-sensitive, as usual) — this can be followed with /take Item Name to retrieve the item into the current character's inventory.

Mobs

Give your Universe life by adding a Mob, which are auto-replenishing NPCs your players can interact with. Useful for some quick hack-and-slash fun!

Mobs can be automated spawns, like rats and bats, or full-on NPCs complete with conversation menus. Use them to enhance your player experience!

Current Mobs

No mobs have been created yet.

Spawns

Locations where Mobs and Items might appear.

Events

You can schedule events for your players to create notifications and schedule times for everyone to plan around.

Permissions

Add and remove other people from your Universe.

The Forge

Use your INK to craft new artifacts in Abduction of Safehouse. Once created, Items cannot be changed, but they can be bought and sold in the marketplace.

Notable Items

No items have been created yet!

The Market

Buy, sell, and even craft your own items in this universe.

Market Data

Market conditions are unknown. Use caution when trading.

Quick Buy (Items Most Recently Listed for Sale)

Open Stores

View All » Add Character » 2 Characters to follow in this universe

Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei

Newest

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei
Aureli Brunei

"This planet is intriguing..."

Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Colon Amato Latif

"There's a whole world out there; why can't we explore it?"

Trending

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei
Aureli Brunei

"This planet is intriguing..."

Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Colon Amato Latif

"There's a whole world out there; why can't we explore it?"

Most Followed

Character Portrait: Aureli Brunei
Aureli Brunei

"This planet is intriguing..."

Character Portrait: Colon Amato Latif
Colon Amato Latif

"There's a whole world out there; why can't we explore it?"


Fullscreen Chat » Create Topic » Abduction of Safehouse: Out of Character

Discussions

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Most recent OOC posts in Abduction of Safehouse

Abduction of Safehouse

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Abduction of Safehouse"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.