Announcements: Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » We grown out here, bby » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! »

The Marked Souls

The Marked Souls

0 INK

The playful term would be 'werewolves' but no one cares for the petty names that have accumulated over centuries. We're immortal, we're indestructible...we're awfully bigged up. We live, we die just like any other.

796 readers have visited The Marked Souls since Horseygirl created it.

Introduction

Running Pair
He and she
Coats of white
They live to be
A matched set
Mates for life
Across frozen creeks
And fields of white
They fear no creature
Great or small
Side by side
They defeat them all
Love and devotion
Bonded together
in this life or the next
Always forever
Not just bodies
But hearts mated too


~~
(This is sorta like a remake of Marked, just altered a bit)

The playful term would be 'werewolves' but no one cares for the petty names that have accumulated over centuries. We're immortal, we're indestructible...we're awfully bigged up. We live, we die just like any other. This doens't mean we accept all other races, but we still are undoubtedly the same when it comes down to it.

We are born with the spirits of wolves within us. When the time is right...our wolves will make themselves known to us and we will shift for the first time but we cannot do it alone... we need our other half. Whoever that may be.

Being a wolf can have its perks but at the same time it can have its faults, life altering faults...girls cant shift without their mates...but what if they don't tell their mates in time...many things can go wrong...what if their mates fail to claim them in time...what if, what if...finding your mate is such a fragile business. And don't make the females out to be the bad guys here if they don't tell their mates. Often times males will decide they want someone who isn't their mate before they have time to figure out who they are meant to be with. Most of the time the female forgives him, but what if she doesn't?

Not only that but some must face up to their responsibilities...

Some must learn to forget...

To forgive...

To understand...that sharing a life with a wolf inst an easy burden.



--- ---



You'll be a wolf. Male or female the list will be below for the choices.
You'll be in a pack and the packs are vast!
The story line in the beginning is based around you and your mates and your pack life but other things will happen, a wolfs life is never dull.
There are rogues pushing at the borders...they want more...and they wont wait forever...


All pack members naturally live under the same roof, some moved into houses close by but the majority prefer to be close. Everything surrounding that house is their territory/ land. In fact, some males don't live in a home at all. But most of the females view that as 'uncivilized'.

Image



Things you should know (read)


The Pack house


Everything in the Pack house is presumably large because of all the people that live in it. It consists of: Everything a house is expected to have as well as a movie room, tennis court, basket ball court, pool, gym and a games room containing all the consoles and every board game under the sun!
Everyone has a suite with a double bed, flat screen and essentials.

Mates


Mates share a bond. At first it is not apparent but the female will always acknowledge who her mate is first. The male must wait until his mate tells him who she is. This can frustrate many males because sometimes their mates are shy, scared of being rejected or just plain dont know yet- the greatest fear is not having a mate.

Mate are your other part. In a mushy way they complete you. In the real sense they honestly do. They become your best friend, your lover and the other side to your soul. The protection and attraction you feel to your other half is beyond imagining! The day you realise your mate you cant imagine a day when you didnt know.

How it works

A female will realize who her mate is almost instantly when it becomes apparent. That is when the bond will begin to grow. They will feel an unearthly pull towards that male and will have an unchallenged love for them no matter whom they may be. You don't get to choose these things they just are as they are.

A male will remain clueless of whom his mate is until she tells him. However the longer the female knows about her mate and the more time they spend near eachother the stronger the bond will become ie. the pull will strengthen. Males will feel an unexplainable need to protect a female, they'll tell her things and wonder why on earth they did, they'll naturally bump into her more and more as their wolf naturally seeks her out.
A male's wolf will know who their mate is but the wolf wont utter a single word to him. He'll say things like "Shes near" but to a clueless guy "shes near" could mean anything!

When a female comes round to telling the male that she is his mate he will have to claim her (wink wink) to make it completely clear to their wolves and themselves that they are most definitely mates and that the male has accepted the female as his other half! Yay. As long as he accepts her.

Males will then have to help their mates through their first shift. You see the females will not shift until they have a mate.

You and Your Wolves


Males: Become aware of your wolves at age 6-7
As soon as you are aware of your wolf you will shift on the first full moon afterward.
You'll grow up and you'll have the words of your wolf in your ears from then on helping you through life.

Females: You dont have quite the same luxury as the boys.
You will only receive your wolf when you recognize your mate and tell him. (So no voices for you till then)
Your mate must then help you through your first shift which will be on the first full moon from telling him.
If your mate fails at helping you in your first shift. You will die.
Your first shift is dangerous as you are releasing your inner wolf and by that i mean you turn into a wolf for the first time. Scary stuff.
And, worst of all, your mate has the option to reject you. Then, poor you, you'll die. The male will go on living, but won't really be able to love.

Wolves are like a conscious muttering stuff in your ear. Sometimes it will telling you something it senses, danger, your mate. Othertimes it'll be giving you its unwanted opinion on something. You cant help acting in a more feral manor when you've got a wolf whispering in your noggin.


Shifting


Shifting isnt a walk in the park otherwise why would there be risk of death?

First shift

On your first shift you recieve your wolf. You wont know what to expect on your first shift and therefore the pain tends to take you by surprise. You'll be experiencing bones, breaking, changing and dislocating in various places and that'll put the H in your Howl.
Males
When Males first shift anyone around them should try to help, usually your Alpha can sense when you're approaching your first shift so he'll be lingering close to you by instinct. Older males are called in around about the time young males are due to shift so that theres more help around when the time comes. Males tend to have a good resistance to the pain though it still hurts like something else!
Being at quite a young age you'd think you'd be more vulnerable to death but it seems in your youth you rely on adults more therefore you find it easier to take instructions from them and know that they're right without question.
Its even easier due to the fact that 90% of the time your alpha will be present and using his authority that ol' dog can save your life. (also helps with bonding and loyalty when your alpha aids your shift)

Are your wolves any help?

Surprisingly your wolves are of no help when you take your first shift, in fact in a way they hinder you and make the experience harder to handle. All they want is to be released and they'll be clouting in your ear to let them go regardless of whether you're ready or not. Thats why its so important to have others there to observe and help you, making sure you dont release your wolf before your body is ready. Releasing a wolf too early is like having a premature birth and it can and will kill you.

Females

When females first shift its all down to their mates to help them through it. Its all a little more traumatic for a female and an almighty rush to the head to all of a sudden have your wolf's voice in your ear and the pain and pressure of shifting and having to trust your life into someone else hands, sometimes someone you hardly know! Their mates need to be strong and sturdy with them to make sure they don't cave in to the pain or their wolves inner voice in their ear.
Being older females can struggle to listen or pay attention to their mates, it helps if your mate is older because naturally instincts will suggest more experience but if your mate is the same age or younger even it can have a dramatic effect on whether or not you can accept their instructions when you feel like your spines being ripped out.
Females can easily turn quite selfish when they're going through their first shift. Due to pain and the suddenness their points of view can become one sided not to mention their wolves are very selfish when they first pop into existence- they cant even think what it might be like for their mates having to handle such a life-changing moment where if they fail the female rifling about in their arms, they'll be second in line for responsible of her death, and will lose their only partner after literally only having just met her.

There's no sensing when a female will shift all you know is it will be on full moon, what time exactly on that date remains unknown so yeah..you'll be on tender hooks a little. Just make sure she doesn't go into the bathroom and lock the door lads otherwise you'll be having a test of strength when you have to break it down.

The smartest, safest thing to do is tell your mate who he is as soon as possible before the next full moon so that you can prepare each other a little. Not always the case though with shy, reluctant females who let the little things worry them like: What if he'd rather have ''___'' as his mate? And there's always an almost blinding fear: what if they reject you?

Overall

For the first time you get weak, theres a bloodloss that seems a lot to the eye but inst essentially to the body though it will leave you feeling heady and light.
Guys your girls are going to be like puppies no matter how mature they seem usually theres no avoiding the refresh of being a wolf for the first time. They wont be small and fumbling around your paws like new borns but they'll be smaller than you (so careful), new to the world with heightened senses and well they wont know whats good for them unless you tell them.
Girls your guys are going to be pretty rowdy in their wolf forms, its natural so watch you back (literally)

Shifting always takes place on full moon. However in future shifting you may find you can shift slightly early from full moon if you wanted to but never later than full moon.

Future Shifts

Future shifts are still painful, but not to worry, being aware of what to expect takes away the stress and fear of the unknown, after a while your body will begin to numb towards the feeling out of being used to it but it will always involve pain- just a fact of life.


Will add more here about the Rp later...



Basic places that should be filled: (They do not all have the same last name. Well, accept for the Alphas and their kids.)

Alpha: -taken- He'll be the head of the pack. He has an Alpha voice to give commands and already has his mate.
Alphas Mate: She'll be the other half of the alpha not so much in charge but heck you'll listen to her
Beta: The alpha's right hand man, the has more authority then members/the omega
Alphas son: -taken- Next in line for the head of the pack
Alphas daughter: -taken- She will be her brother's bettess, (female beta) even if they don't really get along all the time

Other places just as important:

Female: -reserved for the original GM, Meesha-
Female: -taken-
Female: -taken-
Female: -taken-
Female:
Male:
Male:
Male: -taken-
Male: -reserved-


If you want to be a rogue- ask in the OOC and i will pm you details.

Character skeleton (sounds quite creepy, eh)

My Name is:

I am the: Alpha, Beta, Member, Omega (the omega thing inst a big deal no one victimizes you or anything its just a structure of who you look to in the pack)

How old am i? How old am i?! Well I'll tell you im: (alphas= 25-40 Beta=25-30 Others= 16-20)

As if you couldn't tell, my gender is:

I hope my Mate is: (whoever you like the look of out of the selection- can add it in later obviously)

My Mate is: (It'll be decided later as well)

I look like: (verbal human description- short and sweet)

Image: (would be nice...real/not real whatever the majority)

As a wolf i look like: (verbal or image)

Personality:

Likes: (Lets not be too poetic and typical- ie he loves the stars and the moon and the sun and the wind...really? Because in reality i like frosties..)

Dislikes: (...so be you know...thoughtful. Don't be mean!)

How you feel about the pack: (sometimes added in later when you better know the others characters)

Other: This can include little snippets of history, tattoos, quirks, ect. Whatever you like.

Toggle Rules

The GM of this roleplay hasn't created any rules! You can do whatever you like!

The Story So Far... Write a Post » as written by 8 authors

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Scarlett quietly walked through the forest, refusing to admit that she was lost. She had been looking for Adrian and when she thought she saw him, she blindly ran after the wolf that turned out to be just a plain wolf, not her brother. The redhead's body tensed and her head snapped up when she heard someone walk up to her from behind. She quickly whipped around, expecting it to be a member of her pack. But no. There stood Luke, a triumph smile playing on his lips. "Well, well, Scar. It's been way too long, hasn't it. "Yeah, last time I saw you, I was being shoved out a window." She spat bitterly, stepping back towards were she thought the others were. Luke stepped closer to her, making her seem even more on edge. Clearly not trusting him, she quickly turned away from him and yelled, "Adr-" before he slapped a hand over her mouth. Scarlett tore his hand away from her face, but didn't try to yell again. "What do you want?" She asked harshly, glaring at him. "I don't want anything. I had just been walking through the forest when I happened to find you." He said, giving her a true smile. "Yeah, right. I were probably trying to come onto my pack's land to do whatever." She spat at him, making him chuckle. "Very descriptive." The rouge wolf said before leaning in so his face was inches from her. He didn't do anything, he just studied her face for a few moments until she slapped him away. "The other wolves would skin you and mount you on a wall if they saw you anywhere near me. And that, I would love to see."

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Medic
Sade had been out on his own wandering throughout the wilderness that was within their packs area. He enjoyed running through their lands especially when he was alone. It was one of the few things he enjoyed doing alone. That's when he could have sworn he heard someone yell out or at least attempt to yell out. This had brought Sade to a halt as his human ears perked up and he slowly shifted his head around trying to listen. That's when his inner wolves started to speak to him Trouble...Trouble...TROUBLE! They kept repeating over and over again getting louder forcing Sade to start moving in the direction he thought he had heard the sound coming from and his wolves started to quite a bit. They weren't always directly helpful but they usually gave some indication of what you needed to do.

"I swear if they were just leading me into trouble I am going to be pissed." Sade muttered as he started to continue in the direction that his wolves had suggested to him. As he got closer he was actually able to start to make out some sounds, two voices it appeared. At least one of them sounded familiar the other he wasn't sure about. Dammit. If only I didn't have this crappy human nose I would be able to sniff out whoever was out there. Sade thought angrily as he came upon a pair of two people. He immediately recognized Scarlett she was the Alpha's Daughter and then he noticed another male one he didn't know and it didn't feel like they were friends. Slowly Sade stepped into the clearing revealing himself to the two and then moved up closer towards Scarlett. He had started out in fun mode but he had quickly shifted to his serious mode prepared to defend the territory.

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Natayla Minut

Nat sat down on the couch with a cherry lollipop in her mouth. Her dark hair was pulled up in a loose bun as she hummed a random tune. She looked over at the kitchen where some ribs were cooking. She decided to cook up some ribs for the pack. They all liked it since well they were wolves. She had made a lot and was just finishing the last bunch. They smelled so good, she thought with a smile. She hopped up and jogged over to the laundry room. Nat didn't feel like going out today so she decided to do some chores. She sincerely didn't mind it. She found some of the girl's clothes dry and ready to fold. She picked up a green blouse and tried to remember who's it was. Her eye brows pulled together and she kept looking at it. She still couldn't quite put her finger on who's it was. "Oh well," she said to herself with a smile, "Someone will claim it."
She finished up folding and headed over to the kitchen. She had cooked six trays of BBQ ribs for the pack tonight. Not little human trays, the big trays for the wolves. She was still humming, oblivious to the confrontation occuring in the territory. She couldn't hear it beyond the white walls of the house and the dense forest. Even if she could hear it, she wouldn't be of much use. She couldn't fight. Not yet at least. She didn't like how she was sort of useless to the pack outside of the home. When it came to actual fights, Nat was worthless. Doing chores and cooking at least made her feel needed.

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by thera

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by thera
Dawn looked out the window dreamily wondering about what was going on outside. It was spring, and her absolute favorite time of year, winter was over, and the flowers were in bloom! Dawn sighed happily. Maybe she'd go out side and pick some of the flowers! No, that would kill the flowers, well perhaps she could just draw them in her journal. Dawn hopped off her windowsill perch and wandered downstairs trailing her fingers along the railing as she went. She was passing the kitchen and she smelled delicious ribs which made her so extremely hungry, perhaps she could grab some tea before drawing flowers. Dawn Grabbed a kettle and proceeded to fill it with water and then boil the water. Once she was done with that Dawn filled a glass with the boiling wanter and gently popped a tea bag into it. She smiled and walked outside of the pack house towards the forest to see what flowers she could find. She smiled and bent down to get a better look at a tulip she planned to draw, but quickly grew distracted by a daisy growing nearby, then another flower, and another. Dawn had probably wandered around the whole forest and she hadn't drawn a single stinkin flower! Dawn sighed, curse her unique ability to get distracted by anything and everything.

Dawn came upon a section of the forest in which she saw something incredibly curious. There stood Scarlett, Luke, and Sade. Dawn frowned Luke wasn't supposed to be around any more, was he? No, Luke was not supposed to be here. Dawn considered going to help, but there was little chance that she would be able to help too much. So Dawn got up from the position in which she had been observing the scene and started running back to the pack house to see if she could find anyone who could help, in case luke gave Sade and Scarlett any trouble.

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Scarlett's fists clenched as her anger boiled over."It was because of you that I couldn't move for half a year. It because of you that I'm terrified of finding a mate, then having you and the rest or your 'pack' hurting him. It's because of you that I can't fight or defend myself after you broke half the bones in my body. It's because of you that almost all the members in the pack have to worry more about me getting hurt by you. Why can't you just move on and leave me alone?!" She spat at him, raising her hand to hit Luke but he easily grabbed her wrist. Huffing, she attempted to pull her wrist from his grip but failed.
Determined and very pissed off, she continued to scratch his hand and pull on her wrist before he eventually let go. Seeing someone else approach, she quickly turned and tensed up, but visibly relaxed when she saw it was Sade. While Scarlett relaxed, Luke tensed this time. He stepped towards Sade and gave him a challenging expression. "Sade. It's been a while, hasn't it. I think the last time I saw you, you and the rest of the pack were sending me out into exile. Nice to see you again." While he talked, Scarlett tired to walk towards the other pack member but Luke stopped her. "Give up, Luke. Dawn just went to get my dad and Adrian. Do you really think you can hold back Adrian, my dad, and Sade?"

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Scarlett's fists clenched as her anger boiled over."It was because of you that I couldn't move for half a year. It because of you that I'm terrified of finding a mate, then having you and the rest or your 'pack' hurting him. It's because of you that I can't fight or defend myself after you broke half the bones in my body. It's because of you that almost all the members in the pack have to worry more about me getting hurt by you. Why can't you just move on and leave me alone?!" She spat at him, raising her hand to hit Luke but he easily grabbed her wrist. Huffing, she attempted to pull her wrist from his grip but failed.
Determined and very pissed off, she continued to scratch his hand and pull on her wrist before he eventually let go. Seeing someone else approach, she quickly turned and tensed up, but visibly relaxed when she saw it was Sade. While Scarlett relaxed, Luke tensed this time. He stepped towards Sade and gave him a challenging expression. "Sade. It's been a while, hasn't it. I think the last time I saw you, you and the rest of the pack were sending me out into exile. Nice to see you again." While he talked, Scarlett tired to walk towards the other pack member but Luke stopped her. "Give up, Luke. Dawn just went to get my dad and Adrian. Do you really think you can hold back Adrian, my dad, and Sade?"

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Medic
Sade watched as Scarlett tried to escape but was unable to and it only caused his inner wolves to get more riled up. Eventually though she was released and that made Sade calmer on the inside but he did not let that show through. He watched as Scarlett tried to come over to her side and was stopped by Luke while he said "Sade. It's been a while, hasn't it? I think the last time I saw you, you and the rest of the pack were sending me out into exile. Nice to see you again." Then Luke had stepped forward giving a challenging expression.

After taking in what had just transpired Sade's inner wolves began to chant at him to fight this enemy of the pack that had just threatened a fellow member. It was very hard to keep them under control and stop from shifting into a wolf right there on the spot. In response Sade stepped forward as well taking an aggressive stance and even let out a low growl coming from his throat as best as the human vocal chords could growl. "You would be best off leaving now before you get hurt." Sade said in an aggressive tone. Physically Sade was shaking and it was somewhat noticeable but it wasn't out of fear. When it was this close to a full moon and tension gets this high emotion can tend to take control.

Sade then motioned with his hand that Scarlett should either run back to the pack home or move over onto his side behind him. "I will only give you this one chance to leave." Sade said repeating himself once more. He was ready to shift on a moment’s notice as soon as Luke showed that he as well was going to change forms.

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by shmband
Cid was in the basement workshop, eager to find out whether or not his new Evolution T-Max 18V cordless circular saw really could glide through a two inch thick piece of wood even if there were nails embedded in it. And, pulling his safety glasses down onto his face, he pulled the safety switch and put it to the test.

The hitherto quiet workshop was suddenly jolted with the piercing buzz of wood being cut, and the hot smell of fresh sawdust. It went on for about thirty seconds, before Cid stepped back, removed the goggles and looked at the bisected piece of wood; the cross-section of a cleanly-sliced nail clearly visible.

Impressive.

He dropped the two planks on the floor, carefully cleaned off the saw blade and placed it neatley on the steel racking where his other tools were kept. He looked down at his wrist, but realised that he had taken his watch off to test the saw out, and wasn't quite sure where he had set it down. He'd been in the workshop for several hours, and had almost no idea what time it was, but he was pretty sure it must be approaching dinner time. Which meant the pack would be gathering soon.

He used the small basin and faucet installed in the same room to wash his hands, then went through the door back into the main part of the house. He was just in time to find Dawn bursting in looking panick stricken.

"Dawn?" he said, "Is something the matter?"

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by shmband
Peter was out on the patio stretching out with a few capoeira routines. The air was starting to cool as the day began wane; and a fairly uneventful one it had been. As far as he knew, Scarlett and Adrian were out in the forest, Cid was in the workshop, everyone else was doing their own thing. Usual Saturday stuff.

The smell of meat and barbecue sauce drifted out from the house, giving him pause. Was it that close to dinner time already? A smile crossed his face. Someone was obviouslyt being proactive in the kitchen! Which was odd, he hadn't really see the girls about much. But then, he had been outdoors most of the day. Not that he wouldn't have preferred to spend the day with a little company, he'd just been out a little earlier than most and so had missed the chaos of breakfast time.

Standing upright, he flexed out his arms to warm down and strolled into the house. The kitchen was right by the back door which led onto the patio, so the first person he saw was Nat who was busilly cooking away. I might have known, Peter thought with a smirk.

"Hey Nat," he said, "good smells ahoy. Sheesh how much have you made, you expecting every wolf in town to be joining us in the house for dinner tonight?"

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Evie
Lilly sat alone under a tree on the wolves territory, her legs crosses and her eyes closed.. Was she meditating? It seemed so. She had spent at least a good half an hour sitting in silence without moving. The other wolves probably knew not to disturb her in such state, as her mind almost completely shut down, clearing it of all bad memories and thoughts. It wouldn't last long, but it was always worth a shot.

The smell of cooking ribs soon hit her nostrils, sending her eyes flying open. Haa- What the heck. She had done enough meditating, food called! Standing up from the grass, she brushed all excess dirty from her skinny jeans and made her way towards the kitchen. Before entering, Lilly peeked around the door just to see who was in the kitchen... It was only Nat and Peter. Content, the blonde strolled into the kitchen with a cheery smile on her face.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my two most favourite beings in the whole pack... World even!" Lilly smirked with a mischievous air, glancing at the cooked ribs. Discreetly, she made her way towards the cooking meat, attempting to grab a taste of them before they were even served.

"Smells nice, and oh look! There's loads." Her smile widened as she attempted to grab one and run off cheekily. Everyone knew by now what Lilly was like. As soon as she come out of meditation, her perky side soon shined. It almost seemed like an act to hide what she really felt. But no matter, she dealt with it her own way without bothering any of the pack.

Her attempt to pick one up failed miserably, the hot meat boiling her hands, making her throw it up in the air and catch it before it fell to the floor to quickly place it back on the stove. "Hah.. " Lilly smiled sheepishly to Nat and Pete, before going over to the sink to wash her hands. Damn it.. She hated failing at her own pranks. She ran the cold water over her hands, keeping her head down to hide her disappointment.

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Maxwell slowly inhaled, "Ah, pine trees." As Max enjoyed one of his favorite scents, he also enjoyed the amazing view from atop the cliff he had just climbed. He could see everything from up there! The streams, the rocks, the waterfalls, the forest. He could even see the Pack home, nestled away in it's own snug little corner in the forest. Being up here reminded him of how wondrous it was to lead this life and all of the people he had met. Then, his inner wolf called to him, Defend Territory, was all it said. That was enough for Max. The fastest way down would be in his wolf form. I guess there's no helping it. Max was already shirtless so that was going to make this easier, he shifted his stance and closed his eyes. He called out to his inner wolf, to lend him strength and his form. His bones started to creak and waiver. Some compacted, others extended. He felt his hair growing from all sides and his canines enlarge. The whole while Max clenched his teeth. His body was used to it by now, but it still hurt like a bitch. It was then he felt his spine extend and his skin formed around it. Max's eyes shot open to reveal the eyes of a wolf.

Max leaped with all his might to a lower cliff face, then started to run across it until he found a slope at about a 60 degree angle. Max jumped down it and hopped from side to side as he reached the end of the slope. The second he was on level ground, he ran as fast as his lupine form would carry him. He dodged tree and rock alike as he sprinted through the forest. He started to smell two members of the pack. Sade? The other one is....Scarlett! What is his beloved Alphas daughter doing in the middle of danger!? He then caught the scent of a traitor. Luke. Max's heart filled with anger, but, he would not lose his cool. Max had finally reached them. Sade was standing face to face with Luke while Scarlett stood behind him. Max adjusted his location. He was now standing on top of a rock facing Luke, so he had the high ground. Max lowered his body and bared his teeth. Giving a very deep and menacing growl. "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllll!"

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by thera
Dawn was panting hard after running, in high heels no less, but she turned to Cid and said between gasps, "Luke, is in the forest, talking, to, Scar, Sade was there too the last time I checked. I figured I should get you, in case, the, other pack showed up, or, if luke gave them, any trouble." She sat down and took a few more deep breaths, "They're in that direction," she said pointing to the place in the forest she'd just ran out of, although Cid could probably just follow her scent, or just follow the path of bushes that had been crashed through by Dawn.

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Scarlett had to look away when Luke shifted. She couldn't help but flinch at the sound of his bones cracking and re-arranging. She left soft fur brush against her legs and glanced down to see that Luke, now a dark wolf, was pressed against her legs, not allowing her to go to the rest of her pack. Incision flashed across his eyes, and Scarlett bit her lip. She knew she should turn and run- Sade and Maxwell could hold him off. But everyone in the pack knew she was way too stubborn to do that. Luke stepped towards the others, teeth bared. Yeah, now it was time for Scarlett to go. She could never stand to see others fight, and normally if they started to hurt each other she'd jump in and try to stop them. Often they would immediately stop as soon as any of the females jumped in. Luke lunged towards Sade, but Scarlett quickly stepped in front of him and he ended up sinking his teeth into her thigh. As soon as Luke realized he had hurt Scarlett, he stepped back. Luke may have been stubborn, but he wasn't an idiot. He knew that if Cid saw that he had injured his daughter, Luke would be killed. Without hesitation. With a soft huff, Luke turned and ran off of the pack's territory. Scarlett gripped her right thigh, putting all her weight on her other leg. Her jaw clenched as she turned to Sade and Maxwell. She knew that if she hadn't stopped Luke, she would try to do as much damage as he could before the Alpha got there.

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Adrian pulled himself out of the water of the pool and sat on the lip of cement. Breathing through his nose, he lay back and folded his arms underneath his head. He was vaguely surprised that no one had joined him in the past two hours, but being alone didn't bother him. But now it was time to eat. He pushed himself up to standing and snatched his towel off one of the pool chairs. He dried himself quickly as he walked - it was never a good idea to enter the house wet. Whoever had been cleaning was likely to get a little huffy.

The kitchen door was open and he could smell food waiting. He wrapped the towel around his waist and, with hair sticking out oddly, stepped into the well-lit room. Lilly was by the sink, washing her hands. Both Nat and Peter were standing between him and the food. He frowned, wondering if he could dive between them to grab a tray without knocking everything over. Best not to chance it, he mused. No doubt he would get whacked if he ruined dinner. Instead he turned to the cabinets and started counting plates. "Food smells great."

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Medic
As soon as Sade saw Luke start to shift into his wolf form Sade started his change as well. He had done it quite a few times now so he knew what to expect. Bones cracking and shifting into location, his face contorting and extending forming into a wolf's snout and then the worst part of it all. The thousands and thousands of hairs shooting up from the skin, it felt like he was on fire. But just as quickly as it had come all the pain was gone and Sade was now standing on all fours as a white wolf with black marks streaking down his fore legs. His grey eyes glaring directly at Luke daring him to even try to challenge him.

As soon as Luke had lunged towards him Sade as well lunged forward he was going to go straight for the throat and crush his opponents windpipe and lacerate his carotid arteries. But something unexpected happened; Scarlett decided to jump into the path between the two wolves and ended up getting a thigh full of sharp teeth from Luke. Damn the girl. Sade thought to himself as he changed courses in an instant coming around Scarlett to attack Luke. Sade's jaws snapped down just inches away from Luke barely missing him as Luke quickly retreated into the woods in fear of what was coming.

Shortly after Sade took a defensive stance in front of Scarlett until he realized that there were not anymore enemy wolves coming this way. And as soon as he felt it was safe he started to drop out of his serious mode. He trotted back towards Scarlett and looked at her wound it didn't seem that bad and it probably wasn't because if Luke had put all his force into the wound Sade would have been able to get him. Help her heal! His inner wolf demanded him. It sounded like a logical idea after all if a pack member can't lick their own wounds you should do it. So Sade proceeded to start gently licking the area that Scarlett was bit. It didn't really register to him in his wolf state that Scarlett may not have wanted the help.

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by shmband
Cid's expression darkened at Luke's name. A conflict of emotions rose up. Luke used to be part of the pack; his betrayal had been of the ultimate degree, but that didn't discount the memories they'd created and the bond they'd all once shared together. On the other hand, if Luke was showing his face (and it seemed unlikely he was here alone to make an apology...) then that meant the rogue pack he'd gone off with was nearby. And that meant cid would need to be on alert. This needed investigating immediately.

"Thank you Dawn." Cid said, nodding gravely. "Stay here. Wait for me to come back. Don't say anything to the others until we know exactly what is happening."

With that he struck out into the forest, using his innate tracking skills to retrace the path Dawn had followed. It was surprisingly far...Dawn had run all this way? She must have been pretty spooked. Eventually he burst into the clearing where Maxwell, Sade and Scarlett were. Immediately he felt his stomach knot up as he noticed that his daughter was injured.

"What happened?" he demanded, striding towards the three of them and looking around for the person responsible. He could detect the scent of a long-absent member of the pack; it must have been Luke. But he'd long since made himself scarce. Max and Sade were in wolf-form, so he looked to Scarlett for an explanation, looping his arm under her shoulder and taking her weight off her injured lef and onto himself. "We need to get you back to the house."

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Nat Minut

"They're hot," Natayla laughed as Lilly burned her hand trying to sneak up on the ribs. "Thanks," she said to them both who complimented her cooking. "It's better to have more food than less," she gave a playful wink to Peter as Adrian entered the room. "Food smells great," he said. Nat beamed and inhaled the warm BBQ smell again. He started to count plates so she decided to throw out the lollipop she had been chewing on for a little while. She laid out the trays on the island countertop. "If anyone wants more sauce, its over there," she pointed to the left of the counter where a large family sized bottle of BBQ sauce sat.
Her eyes drifted to the window where the trees swayed with the wind. She wasn't able to go outside today. In the morning, she woke up feeling quite the sense of a dirty house. Nat set to work mopping the floors, scrubbing the tubs, and polishing mirrors. She had her headphones on blarring music while she did it so time flew by rather fast. Her ipod died on her so the last few minutes of cleaning were spent with just her own thoughts and a normal house noises.
She turned to Lilly. "Hey, Lilly. Do you own a green blouse? It's pretty simple with black buttons and some flowery designs. I couldn't quite figure out who it belonged to while I was doing the laundry today. Hold on. Let me get it." Nat disappeared from the kitchen and returned with the blouse in her hands. "Is it yours?"

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by thera
Dawn sat down and pouted slightly, now she was stuck waiting, and it was supper time! Dawn was really hungry. What if they ate all the food before she got to get any! Dawn sighed oh well it didn't really mater, besides, Cid was right. Anyhow, Dawn did need to sit for a few minutes.

She pulled of he boots and wiggled her toes, listening to see if just maybe she could here any one coming. Nope, nothing, Dawn frowned, maybe now? Dawn tried listening really hard once again, nope still nothing. Dawn could smel the delicious scent of ribs comin from the kitchen, mayye she could just grab a plate and then come back and wait? No, Dawn was going to wait here till Cid returned. Dawn crossed her arms and legs and sat straight up, looking very determined.

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Evie
Lilly turned her attention to Nat as she asked about the green blouse. It sounded familiar... Might it have been the one she had lost in the wash a few days ago? Perking up from her failed attempt, she advanced towards Nat with a smile widening across her face. "Oh! It might well be... I did loose a blouse not long ago which was green."

Lilly had many clothes. Clothes played a big part in her life and fashion was one of her main passions, along with singing and writing. "Alright, thanks Nat." The blonde said as her pack member made her way out of the kitchen to find the blouse she had washed. Whilst she waited, Lilly quickly went over to the plates to grab one from Adrian, before picking out a piece of meat to then pour vast amounts of BBQ on top of it. She didn't care if the rest of the pack weren't present. She was hungry and it wasn't like Adrian or Peter were complaining. They seemed anxious to eat too!

Lilly had already taken a bite of her meat by the time Nat had arrived with the green blouse. She took a step towards and recognised it straight away. "It is! Oh, thank you Nat! I wondered why it wasn't in my wardrobe...!" Gratefully, she took the blouse and set it down on a chair, and her plate of food on the table to have her hands free to give Nat a hug. "You do so much for us all...! What would I or anyone do with you!" Giving her a squeeze, she shared the love before returning to her plate of meat.

Setting

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Natayla Minut

Nat smiled at the plate of meat in Lilly's hands. "No problem. That's what I'm here for." Nat laughed and took a plate for herself. "We should start eating before the food umm... gets cold." she said nodding at her lame excuse to eat. She took a few and bit into it, savoring the flavor. She grabbed a napkin to wipe away dribbles of sauce that didn't make it into her mouth. She was starting to wonder where the rest of the pack was. Usually they would smell the food and be here soon enough in time. Nat usually didn't worry too much about males in the the pack since all these big bad wolves could all take care of themselves. The girls usually didn't get into much trouble but she had a funny feeling she should be worried. She shook her head and kept looking at the window.
She was glad Lilly took the blouse. Nat liked feeling needed; she wasn't an attention grabber but everyone deserves a little attention here and there to keep them from going into depression about themselves. She chewed and swallowed getting lost in her thoughts.

View All »Arcs

Arcs are bundles of posts that you can organize on your own. They're useful for telling a story that might span long periods of time or space.

There are no arcs in this roleplay.

View All » Create New » Quests

There are no quests in this roleplay.

Add Group » View All » 0 Factions to align with

Here's the current leaderboard.

There are no groups in this roleplay!

Events

Soon™.

Game Master Controls

Welcome home, Promethean. Here, you can manage your universe.

Arcs

Arcs are bundles of posts from any location, allowing you to easily capture sub-plots which might be spread out across multiple locations.

Add Quest » Quests

You can create Quests with various rewards, encouraging your players to engage with specific plot lines.

Add Setting » 1 Settings for your players to play in

Settings are the backdrop for the characters in your universe, giving meaning and context to their existence. By creating a number of well-written locations, you can organize your universe into areas and regions.

Navigation

While not required, locations can be organized onto a map. More information soon!

Add Group » 0 Factions to align with

There are no groups in this roleplay!

Collectibles

By creating Collectibles, you can reward your players with unique items that accentuate their character sheets.


Once an Item has been created, it can be spawned in the IC using /spawn Item Name (case-sensitive, as usual) — this can be followed with /take Item Name to retrieve the item into the current character's inventory.

Mobs

Give your Universe life by adding a Mob, which are auto-replenishing NPCs your players can interact with. Useful for some quick hack-and-slash fun!

Mobs can be automated spawns, like rats and bats, or full-on NPCs complete with conversation menus. Use them to enhance your player experience!

Current Mobs

No mobs have been created yet.

Spawns

Locations where Mobs and Items might appear.

Events

You can schedule events for your players to create notifications and schedule times for everyone to plan around.

Permissions

Add and remove other people from your Universe.

Orphanage

By marking a character as abandoned, you can offer them to your players as pre-made character sheets.

Character Portrait: Dawn Adair
0 sightings Dawn Adair played by thera
"The true poem rests between the words."-Vanna Bonta
Character Portrait: Adrian Thorn
0 sightings Adrian Thorn played by silverclawedmouse

Character Portrait: Sade Kuolema
0 sightings Sade Kuolema played by Medic
...
Character Portrait: Natayla Minut
0 sightings Natayla Minut played by theMoonlightTheory
"Just smile until the pain fades away like a lost memory."

The Forge

Use your INK to craft new artifacts in The Marked Souls. Once created, Items cannot be changed, but they can be bought and sold in the marketplace.

Notable Items

No items have been created yet!

The Market

Buy, sell, and even craft your own items in this universe.

Market Data

Market conditions are unknown. Use caution when trading.

Quick Buy (Items Most Recently Listed for Sale)

Open Stores

Fullscreen Chat » Create Topic » The Marked Souls: Out of Character

Discussions

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Most recent OOC posts in The Marked Souls

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

So I am going to be gone from May 12th until the 27th and I am not exactly sure how often I will be able to post. Because I probably wont have access to any computers but I am getting a new phone today that should let me browse the web. So I will probably be able to post but dont expect my post to be really long and expect a few spelling errors as well.

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

I am with shm. It was partly my fault for not checking with Meesha first, but I still feel a bit betrayed all the same. I would personally hate it if someone took my idea, almost word for word, and recreated it without permission, so I am going to stand with the original GM on this and drop out of Horseygirls RP. Horseygirl expressly told me that she got permission, and she didn't, and that just rubs me the wrong way.

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

Hmm that sucks. I thought that Meesha gave approval too. I hope that doesn't cause this RP to get shut down though because I really want to play in a RP like this and unfortunately it looks like the original one is already pretty far advanced into it's own story so I don't think they would be accepting new characters.

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

OK I'm not going to be able to carry on with this RP. In the original PM I had about it horseygirl said that she'd asked Meesha if it was OK to do a remake, and I misunderstood this as meaning that Meesha had given it the go-ahead. As it turns out, Meesha is not giving her approval to remake, and I think it would have been a better idea to wait for her to respond before creating this new RP.

So on the basis that I feel a bit misled, and that I'm loyal to the original RP, I'm quitting here.

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

Hey I was wondering about when we are in wolf form. Are we able to converse with people who are not in wolf form as well?

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

I hope so too. I hope to have them spread out. only two females have their mates, and they are free to tell their mates whenever they want, but it's probably best to wait just a little bit until all the characters have interacted in some way.

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

Well until people start actually reveal themselves to their mate, there's always time to change. Heh, maybe we'll actually get that far in this RP!

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

I kinda feel like Scarlett's personality and her mate's personality might not go well together. there's a 60% chance that they'll get along well.

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

ok, so I got who Thera's mate is. and i've already picked mine. ;D

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

If you're a new user you need to have made at least ten ooc or forum posts before it will let you send or even reply to pm's. Dumb i know when them's the rules.

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

well this is embarressing, I can't quite figure out how to send a reply to your PM, sorry, could you meet me on the chatbox?

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

My computer did the same thing, it's fine. I've sent out PMs to all the females users, asking them who their mate was. If I missed anyone, please PM me.

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

Hi, urm my internet wasn't working properly so my post was submitted twice for some reason... Anyways I deleted all the text in one of the two posts I'm really sorry about that!

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

Silverclaw, it would probably be more of about 6 feet long, including their tail, (their height) and about four feet at their shoulder.

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

Its spring, your characters can be lounging around at the house or doing whatever (males spend most of their time outside) but if anyone wants to come help out Scarlett that's always helpful, and you can shift back and forth if you want but probably not unless it's needed. The older you are, the easier it'll be. For example, it'll be a heck of a lot less painful for Cid to change then it would be for Luke.

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

Okay. Want to run the numbers by you, just in case.

The average male wolf weighs 80 pounds, is 38 inches at the shoulder (96 cm, just over 3 feet), and is 78 inches long (198 cm, 6'5"), including the tail.

Would a human-wolf thats 5 feet at the shoulder and just over twelve feet long, including the tail, work?

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

What time of year is it right now? Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring?

Also I see that you started off the RP with you getting cornered by a rogue wolf. Where exactly would you like the rest of us to start at? Back at the packs home? Coming to find you? Out doing whatever our characters might be doing?

Also I was curious on one more thing. With shifting I know you said we can shift earlier before the full moon comes completely. Does this mean we are then stuck as a wolf until the full moon passes or can we shift between our human and wolf forms as many time as we want? (I understand it's painful so I doubt someone would go running around shifting back and forth every few hours.

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

The full moon is really close (1-2 days away) and they are a little bit bigger then normal wolves. The same size as in human form. ;D

Re: [OOC] The Marked Souls

Hey Horsey, what time of the year is it? Is the full moon close? I would assume so, since Scar thought her brother was in wolf form, but I wanted to make sure.

How big are the wolves? In my mind, they're much bigger than average wolves (can't create or destroy matter, only change it from one form to another), but, again, I wanted to make sure.

Sorry if you already mentioned this and I just missed it.