Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

The Shards

The Shards

0 INK

The Warriors of the past, reborn on Earth to retrieve the shards throughout time. You could return the shards, or keep them for you own power.

1,287 readers have visited The Shards since Sorence created it.

Copyright: The creator of this roleplay has attributed some or all of its content to the following sources:

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/assassins-of-the-shards/

Introduction

Whatever you were doing that that night, you were found. You could have been drinking, sleeping, working, or anything else, but some strange men found you. You were knocked out cold, some of you fighting against these unknown figures coming after you. You slowly regain conscience only to find a sack over your head. When you awake again you see yourself strapped to a chair with other people tied and bound also in a circular gray room with no windows and an arched doorway.

Two people approached the middle of the room. One was a man wearing blue jeans and a red shirt with a black unbuttoned over-shirt with blood red eyes having the intent to kill. The other was a woman wearing a white as snow dress with a very pale complexion, blue eyes staring into your soul.
The man stepped forward and took in a deep breath saying, "Hello I am Sorence, Warrior of Life. You have all been chosen complete a mission. Your reward will be explained later, but be reassured, it is worth staying around. Then again, you really can’t move now, can you?” He let out a slight chuckle, looking at the men and women strapped down in the chairs.

The woman elbowed Sorence in the ribs and took a step forward. “My name is Sara Packer. I am the Warrior of Knowledge. I know all from your lives, past, present, future. You were all once great warriors of the universe. However your memory is dim from a great unknown war. There is one more thing you have though. You each have a power! Ability that no one has been able to control. You will learn to harness this ability over the many quests you have to go through. I also know that what I am saying might not make sense to you. This is why I have had some of my companions bring out these special orbs. Each orb belonged to a great warrior. Find the orb that draws to you most, and then touch it. You will then see parts of your past and remember what happened. This time, you will remember your birth and your early training." She said with a straight face. “But before we release you, a small portion of you power will be returned to you. It will be weak, just to test you loyalty to us.” She made a slow walk around the room, her hand touching everyone’s cheek. Once finished, she walked through the archway. As she passed through, a rack of multi-coloured orbs were wheeled out by two men dressed in all black.

Sorence stepped up again while the two were rolling the orbs in. “Every time you finish a quest, a memory and part of your power will be provided to you. These orbs show your past if you don't believe us, but they only show how your life ended. You will be hunting for... well; I’ll get to that later.”
Sorence now walked out of the arched doorway, but stopped and turned to the group. “You all should really think of who you want to work with if you want to stay alive.” He then made a motion to the two men. He disappeared in the dark void while the men released the new warriors. One went through the doorway while the other lingered at the arch. He gave a quick nod to the group and he walked into the shadows, the archway closing behind him.
_________________________________________________________________

Decades ago you were all once in the greatest place of the universe. It was run by rankings. The highest ranking you can obtain is the warrior. You were all great warriors guarding the balance of the elements. A great orb levitated in the throne room of the palace. It held every single element within it. Your job was to make sure no demon or life form got its hands on it. If so, the universe could be in danger if the elements got in the wrong hands.

Soon enough, a whole army came. All of you stood guard fighting them off. Slaying demon after demon your victory was near. But then it happened. Suddenly the other protectors in the Palace became turncoats, killing every one of you. Even your closest friends could have killed you because their desire for power was too strong. They ran to the orb and grabbed it but were stopped by the creator of the orbs, Golian. He slayed down the betrayers, but began to be too much. So for his last act he destroyed the orb, breaking it into several shards.
The shards shot off onto a planet called Earth. They were scattered all throughout its time line, from its beginning to its end. Golian fell to his knees as a cloaked figure approached him, ending his life.

But for the catch! The protectors of the orbs cannot die. You have all been reborn in a planet called, Earth. You all continued with your life and obtained a job, wife or husband, and maybe even some kids. But time has come and your duty is not fulfilled. You are captured in your sleep and brought into an unknown stone room. This is where you begin to feel your sudden thirst of war and begin revealing your hidden powers. You each are restored with great memories of a warrior, along with something new. An element.

Whoever gathers up all the shards of the orb and redeems them back together, is granted two options. To place orb back in the palace and bring balance back to universe; or have the ability to do whatever you want by keeping the orb. Your choice comes now.
You are to seek these shards and gather them up before it gets into the wrong hands. Others know about what has happen and are on the hunt. The fate of all living things rests on top of this small organization. These "elemental warriors".
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Openings: (I am willing to take suggestions for different warriors instead of the given. These are just the ones I could come up with)

Co GM: Thorait

Warrior of Spirit: Reserved
Warrior of Light: Open
Warrior of Darkness: Taken
Warrior of Wind: Open
Warrior of Fire: Open
Warrior of Earth: Open
Warrior of Water: Open
Warrior of Lightning: Reserved
Warrior of Mystic: Taken
Warrior of Illusion: Taken
Warrior of Mind: Taken
Warrior of Strength: Open
Warrior of Healing: Open
Warrior of Shapeshifting: Taken
Warrior of Summoning: Taken
Warrior of Nature: Taken

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Character sheet - As for weapons, the only guns you can have is pistol or single shot rifle. I do encourage some creativity for your weapons though.

Description:

Name:
Age:
Gender:
Skin Tone:
Element:
Appearance:
Side: (You can either help restore the elements (Pure) or secretly want to take it for yourself (corrupted))

Modification of Picture - Description of Picture
Head wear:
Shirt:
Pants:
Foot wear:
Left hand:
Right Hand:
Left Arm:
Right Arm:
Back:
Leggings:
Other:
Weapons:

Personality:

Personality:
Joys: (2 at least)
Phobias: (2 at least)

Background:

Earth life -

History:
Occupation:

True life -

Name:
History:
Death:

Toggle Rules

I want this to be a mature RP. So swearing is allowed, but be tasteful. Please don’t drop the f’ bomb every sentence.

Romance is allowed, but take anything above PG-13 to the PMs

No God Moding

If you leave, try to find a replacement for your character. If you can’t, we will kill your character in a good way.

My word is final, but I am open for suggestions on some things

Don’t clutter the OOC with arguments. Please take it to the PMs

Try to post once every two days.

Tell everyone if you will be gone for a vacation. If a lot of people will be on vacation, then the RP will be paused until a determined date.

Remember, you are slowly regaining your skills. Don’t give your character amazing parkour skills until you regain your memory 3 times or so (including your first one of course). Certain weapons that your past self had used can be more powerful than something you have never used before. Past self= great with huge blade; you= good with huge blade.

If I'm gone, the I'll give the Co-GM some plot so they can push the story along. If we are both gone, the RP will be put on hold until one of us returns

Please only 3-5 corrupted. I do not want more corrupted than pure. First come first served

The Story So Far... Write a Post » as written by 8 authors

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

''Hnn...'' Jude hummed when the blonde lady gave him a playful display. He couldn't resist a soft laugh, he always had a soft side for the ladies. And this one's eyes were something rather extravagant. Not wanting to be left behind, he followed the others to the weaponry.

And what a striking display it was...

Like a kid in a candy shop, Jude looked over the various weapons, from blades to long range. He knew how to work most of them but, tough physical combat just wasn't his thing. His green eyes started to grow bored at the glinting metals until something colourful caught his gaze. Little bottles that were tied together by a worn leather string, holding all different coloured liquids within. They looked just like the ones he had held in the viles in his belt(which were taken off him when he was captured) but, they were glowing in a way that his creations could not mimic. These things looked out of place along with the other weapons...Jude hooked a finger under the string and tugged the bottles up, examining them with intensity.
''I'm sure you're not as innocent as you look...'' he mumbled to himself, squinting at a bottle that was a fatal shade of magenta. THAT could not be anything healthy.

Perfect.

Jude smirked and tied the bottled onto his belt. All he had to do was to figure out what each one did and how he could create something close enough. It shouldn't be that hard.

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

"Just ask it and get my mind of his before I kill the guy."

Blinking a bit, Morrigan relaxed slightly. Even though he seemed a bit scary, it was probably just because he was tense. "Umm, alright",she mumbled, a little more of her body peeking out from behind Angelique's. " Well, how are we going to be able to get up to your rank?" She was curious how she could get to his rank, that feeling she had. The basic primal instinct and urge, she wanted to remember it and feel it once more. Glancing over Laisan's shoulder, she noticed that the insane man was no longer in the room, causing her to let out a small sigh. "I think you'll feel better now, he's gone." A slight smile crossed her lips before she quickly glanced back down at the ground. He was nice, well, she thought he had the potential to be.

Her ears perked up as she heard a small voice that seemed foreign to her. None of the other people had a voice like that, or so she heard. Glancing down at the ground, she noticed a small rodent in front of the blond and what seemed weird was....the blonde was talking back. It took her a moment to realize that the small voice she had heard was coming from the rat. "Oh god",she mumbled, tapping her ears, not quite sure if she had heard right. "Do...the orbs make you insane?",she asked hesitantly

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Sorence
Sorence exhaled a heavy breath, his right hand's index finger and thumb pinching the bridge of his nose. His left hand hung lazily from the stone desk, thoughts rushing to his head as the seconds passed by. Suddenly, as if they came from nowhere, Hal and Emile emerged from the shadows of the collumn they once dissapeared from. Hal held a small, torn up, piece of paper in his left hand, eyes averting Sorence's. He quickly walked over to his desk, then quickly came back to the shadows, almost as if it hurt him being outside the shadows of the Temple. Although their facial expressions never changed from the flat, emotionless look, they seemed to give off an aura of regret and sadness.

The piece of paper was folded in half, parts of it burnt and ripped. Sorence slid the paper across the desk, the rough sound of paper and stone grinding together ringing throught the room. When it finally reached him, he slowly unfolded it, as if the fear from knowing the contents of the note was keeping him from opening it. Once unfolded, his eyes scaned over the scibbled handwriting.

Sara walked into the room from a little side area, heels clicking along the stone floor. Being the Warrior of Knowledge, she knew the contents of the note before it even arrived. "The l-last of our to-top Warriors wiped out in a single area." She said with a trembling voice. Tears began to roll down her face. "I wish I could have stopped them from going, but my God damn power doesn't let me see that far ahead..." Her knees hit the floor, palms covering her face from the tears falling down. Her knees began to bleed, and she knew it. She was just so distraught that she didn't care about the damage to her body.

Sorence, who was sitting on a small, wooden, fold-out chair, stood up. He was holding back his tears, red eyes boiling them down. He walked over to Sara and picked her up, proping her up against the desk as she had done to him. He sat down next to her as she did to him. Their roles now were reversed. She was the weak one while Sorence was the strong one.

"I had friends in that group, and so did you, Hal, and Emile. We are all suffering, but what do you think those new recruits would think of us if the ever saw us crying. We cannot afford to be weak anymore. No more tears Sara."

"We are just the same age as them. Why have I been so useless? All I have done is pretty much send people to their deaths." She said, wiping her eyes with the back of her wrist. "And all we have left are Lassin and the new recruits..."

"Sara, first off, you are not useless." Sorence said with a little chuckele, trying to lighten the mood. " You can't see everything in the future. Death is something that cannot be avoided. When you were given your job, it was to know the location of the shards and send people to their locations. That is what you have done, and what you are going to do." He patted her shoulder and told her, "These FATEs are after the Shards like we are. If you don't act like you should, then this Universe is doomed."

"Mayan..." mumbled Sara. Her eyes began to glow a bright blue color. "Mayan empire is where they have to go to retrieve a Shard."

Sorence smiled. He knew his little speech was not the most inspiring thing this side of the world, but it got to Sara and she was back in business.

"They will retrieve the Shard of Mind... but wait! There is an unwelcome presence there! Two FATEs, along with something else- I cannot see that far."

Sara's eyes lost color and returned to their regular blue. She looked down to her knees and for the first time, it began to hurt. She bent over and began to rub them, blood spilling over her hands. "I need to have this treated, can you go and tell them ab-"

"Yes, I can do that Sara. Go and fix your scratches. We don't need anyone to worry about us back here." Said Sorence

He watched as Sara hobbled off into another side room in the back of the room. His smile quickly faded and he stood up, dusting off his black over-shirt and walking over to the wide stone archway. He motioned his hand for Hal and Emile to follow him out into the open, and they came up to him, still remaining in the shadows. Pushing his hand against the door, Sorence had the doop open into the main room of the Temple. He made his way to the location where he first met the Warriors, Hal and Emile jogging to opposite ends, hiding in the shadows.

Sorence took out his Ranger shotgun, aimed it towards the air, and pulled both triggers. The loud, deafening sound echoed around the room, attracting everyone's attention to him. He stood still, chest puffed slightly, arm still in the air. After a moment, he holstered his Ranger and looked towards the Trainees. He licked his lips and remained silent for another moment, trying to choose his words in his mind before he spoke them.

Suddenly, raising his voice, Sorence said, "Warriors, no doubt you have learned about you past, gathered weapons, and learned about each other. Although you all may still be confused, I will now tell you your situation. We are a past race of men an women from a different planet, our abilities traveling with us from death. The reason why you have been unable to use your powers before is because they needed to be awakened; Sara did that for you. You wake up in here because we need you. We are lacking man power, and you all are the next batch. I am telling you that it is your turn to go on a mission right now."

"Now you may be wondering why we are sending you on a mission so soon, am I right? It is becuase your skills have also returned to you. Although it will take some time to become accustomed to the new abilities and powers you have, you will basically be able to perform as your past self did at this state."

Sorence quickly changed the subject to get to the point. "The mission will not be an easy one. We are sending you to find a fragment of an all powerful Orb, a Shard if you will. The Shard is located withing the Mayan empire. The exact location is still unknown to us at this moment, but we will contact you when we find out. Sara will delve into your minds and provide you information if you ever are suffering from anything. Now for the problem. There are two others like you there, and I am telling you to avoid them if you can. They are much more powerful than you and could possible kill you in a fight. If it comes down to it though, I say do what you can to survive."

On Emile's side, a green portal opened. Emile and Hal quickly walked into the arch behind Sorence as soon as the portal was open. "This portal will lead you there. I don't suggest taking any sulplies seeing how this should only take a day or so. You should leave as soon as possible though."

And with those words, Sorence walked through the archway, door closing behind him.

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Thorait
Laisin
He answered the question "Insanity is a flawed concept but as far as it's reaches, yes they do. She's Lucy the warrior of summoning so she can talk to animals as if they are humans also I would advice you to never doubt sanity or insanity Looney may seem like a fool but his past live was one of the greatest warriors mine has ever known." The gunshot sounded and he spoke again "Our presence is asked and it will answer your desire to advance." Laisin walked away he was needed. He listened calmly and his face reflected a bit of Hal and Emile's faces with the emotionless appearance and as soon as Sorence left he stepped in front of the Temple "I'm Laisin for who doesn't know yet and I'm the person tasked with overlooking you so that you don't get yourself killed. The Mayans were historically a fairly peaceful tribe but don't count on it shards tend to make problems also the lands are highly dangerous so think of diseases and of course animals. We are going to stay together but every body find a mate to split up with when needed." He looked around the group "I will wait on the other side and prepare some smaller stuff. It was a pleasure." Laisin bowed and stepped backwards trough the portal with the words "It's not going to get nice and you can die, remember this." He stepped trough right into the bushes that he began to cut down to make easier access after they could freak out by walking straight into leaves.

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Lucy's gaze danced around to the unfamiliar faces as Sorence spoke. Her eyes held interest although all her mind heard was, "Blah, blah, blah." She was rather bored by the lecture, only interested in the mentioning of a shard. This orb, or whatever it was, seemed to be very important to her past life. It was something the girl, Amellia, had been willing to risk her life for. The reason behind that interested Lucy who, prior to this, found little that captured her attention besides money, jewels, and money. Oh wait, she had mentioned that one already. . .

She sighed as Mr. Tough-Guy finished his spiel and glanced around again, noticing that everyone was accounted for. Except, that is, for her little marionette. She was curious as to where Looney had gotten of to but was quickly distracted by the sight of a man disappearing through the portal. Not wanting to be left being (and figuring that Looney probably just tripped and landed on top of his weapons somewhere) she hurried after the man. Stepping through the portal, she was surprised by the transport and amount of life present around her. This was not Kansas anymore. She sighed and flicked her hair behind her shoulder as she began to quickly follow Laisin. She watched him carefully, accessing that he seemed all too familiar with this to be a new recruit like herself. Clasping her hands behind her back, Lucy pranced up to him softly and smiled, intent on extracting information out of this new toy. "So, how long have you been wrapped up in all of this?" she asked sweetly, matching his pace. "You don't seem phased by any of this, so it must not be new for you."

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

"Thank you....I guess?", Morrigan said awkwardly, twiddling with her wristbands. His answer was rather blunt and part of her expected him to be joking an sarcastic about it. She should have known this man wasn't one to joke. "Are you su-" She was quickly cut off by his next words. "Our presence is asked and it will answer your desire to advance." The dark haired girl quickly nodded,"Of course",she murmured. The gunshot had hurt her ears slightly, causing her to hear nothing but a soft shrill ring. She couldn't really hear what Sorence or Laisan said,only noticing the fact that there was a large green portal standing a few feet in front of her. Blinking a bit, she had to remind herself that there was the possibility of this still being a dream. Gently rubbing her eyes she glanced at the portal once more. Yep, it was definitely there. All she managed to understand was that there was a shard like item in the Mayan empire and they were to get it.
Simple enough. Yep, totally normal.

"Just a dream",she whispered,"Not plausible in real life." It was one last ditch attempt to convince herself that she could wake up from this to give her some semblance of hope. Stepping froward, she studied the portal a bit more closely. It seemed to be made out of pure energy. Reaching forward, she gently stuck her hand through. It didn't hurt, maybe it would be nice to try something like this. Taking a deep breath, she quickly lept through it. Her Nike's met with the firm ground of the forest, causing her to open her eyes. Sunlight filtered through the green canopy , casting a brilliant emerald sheen. Exotic trees and flower surrounded her. It was...beautiful. After she was finished staring in wonderment like an idiot she quickly noticed the pair in front of her. "Ah...hey"

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Thorait
Laisin
His lack of social skills reflected rather badly to Lucy 'sweetness' He didn't laugh instead he watched Morrigan come too and then he said coldly "Lucy, I'm a mind reader and a knight being three times your experience and I'm not your toy." He looked at her and he really wanted to kill her just for thinking she could manipulate him but Sorence wouldn't agree with him so he just continued talking "I read your pathetic greedy mind as if I'm reading a book and with every page I turn it becomes more and more like I'm reading the mind of a traitor so stop talking to me because your manipulative skill is advanced but I'm immune. If you wanted information then you should have listened to your superior but I know you just ignored him." He looked to Morrigan and then back to Lucy "We will just wait for the others to arrive."

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Wake
Looney, now properly dress in a different outfit. had been hiding up in the rafter when everyone came in. When the portals were opened he waited until Laisin and Lucy went in, before plopping down behind Morrigan and following her in.

he came out just as Laisin was talking.

"I read your pathetic greedy mind as if I'm reading a book and with every page I turn it becomes more and more like I'm reading the mind of a traitor so stop talking to me because your manipulative skill is advanced but I'm immune. If you wanted information then you should have listened to your superior but I know you just ignored him."

Looney, hearing Laisin talk mean to looney's squishy friend, reacted in the way he felt most appropriate. He Tackled Laisin, pressing his back against a tree and holding him in place at arms length. Looney had a maniacal grin on his face. He stated unblinkingly into Laisin's eyes, Looney's own eyes were nearly blood shot.

"You." He said Sharply. "You said you wanted to kill me back at the armory." He tilted his head as he spoke. "Then when I see you again your being mean to my new friend. I don't appreciate that." A number of rather graphic ways Looney could have made his displeasure physically known went through his head. Most consisted of him skipping rope with various entrails. He leaned in close to Laisin, and Whispered in his ear like he was telling a secret. "I don't like you."

Then Looney let go. Walking away from Laisin like nothing happened.

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by girlwt
She had picked up the quiver of arrows after the conversation between Morrigan and Laisin, she left the dagger where is was because it didn't logically make any sense to her and she would be distracted by it to much. A pathetic way to think about the instrument that killed you, but it really wasn't her fault.

She turned to Morrigan a question on her lips, when she heard her ask "Do the orbs make you insane?" She almost chuckled, as the question whether or not serious sounded ridiculously to her all the same. Why on earth would they tell them to take the orbs if insanity was a possibility. Yet as she thought about it, those that killed before were insane with greed and power, they wanted what they couldn't have, so she guessed insanity was possible.

It had to be present in one's mind beforehand though.

Following the others to the portal, she watched Morrigan go first before stepping through and with a complete lack of emotion, because truly where was it going to get her, see followed the other through, looking up at Laisin, nodding that she was ready. She couldn't help but think she hadn't thought of changing out of her flip flops...yeah that was perfect footwear to go tramping around the forest in.

Going back over the the earlier explanations she furrowed her eyebrows, if Lucy could summon, then what exactly did her orb do. No one answered that simple question in her mind, no they actually just here take, it will do something, and be gone.

"So since you are our guardian or protector or something like that, how will we know when we are learning something new?"

She didn't have time to react to the attack by Looney, nor had she seen him, she hadn't even hear the end of the conversation that he had.

Well that was interesting. Knowing that if he reacted badly to that incident, he might be useless to them here, "Laisin, where are we going."

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Fury flashed inside Lucy's eyes in response to Laisin's words. How dare he call her pathetic! Greedy, well yes, but pathetic! She was anything but pathetic. Even so, his words alarmed Lucy. If it was true that he could read her mind, it was best that she kept a far distance from this man. The last thing she needed was for him to turn against her, although he would be a powerful ally.

Her fists balled slightly as she prepared to fire another comment at him. Looney beat her to the target by pinning Laisin against a tree and threatening him. Shock rippled through Lucy's expression. Not because of Looney's action (she had already figured to expect the unexpected from him) but it was because of a certain word that he had used. Friend.

In her lifetime, Lucy had been called many things. Friend, however, was often not one of them. She used people, often for a long time before they realized what she was doing. Some never realized this as she tossed them away like a broken toy once she had sucked them of all usefulness. She laughed slightly at Looney, enjoying her marionette turn into a watchdog and threaten the enemy. As Looney skirted away from the scene as if nothing had happened, Lucy smirked to Laisin. "I guess not everyone is immune like you are."

She smiled and then walked away from Laisin and Angelique, wondering why the girl was trying to speak to Laisin. He was a terrible bore. Quickly Lucy went to find Looney, decided she would keep their "relationship" stable. He was a powerful ally and someone who she did not want to suddenly turn on her. 

"Thank you for helping me, Looney," she said, smiling kindly to him. She paused, noticing that he had changed an nodded slightly in approval. Without the straight jacket he almost looked sane, and rather attractive. And chucked to this and continued her alliance plea, wondering what strings she could play with on Looney. "That man scares me. Can you try to keep him away from me, friend?" she asked, pulling a face of innocents. "I think we can help each other in many ways."

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Aireus sighed "I hate anything that isn't supposed to be real, like these portals...Let me imagine that its a wormhole and not some portal that will malfunction and send me to a demon's lair that will feast upon me as if I was some type of fucking chew toy..." Aireus knew he had to go but something was pulling him back to the Weapons Room. "Keep the portal up for three more minutes!" Aireus yelled as he ran back into the Weapons Room. He stared at all the weapons again, he felt his own shadow pull him to a gun rack. He looked around for what he was looking for, he found it...the duel pistols that Ace gave him. He quickly took them off the rack and holstered them, oddly enough they even had the insignia that the Hellborn Samurai's first had. "H-h-how is this possible?! No matter...I have to get back to the others."

Aireus walked outside the weapons room as if nothing ever happened and when he got to the portal he realized it was levitating. He put his hand in his pocket and held on to the orb as he ran and jumped through the portal. The road only lasted about half a second but he saw the whole life of Aries again. When it ended he appeared next to the others. "I think i'm portal sick..."

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Thorait
Laisin
He wanted to curse as he was pushed against a tree but then again Looney was one of the people capable of surprising him but he would be surprised soon enough but as soon as he was let go the deeper darker part of Laisin wanted to stab all of them this was a insult but coldness prevented this pride from doing it's work "Of course." Laisin responded to the question of the just arrived trainee that he hadn't spoken with and didn't pay enough attention to get his name out of his head "The Mayan empire the shard is located on or in a pyramid there the locals have gone insane because of it so they will kill us if they get the chance." He turned to Aries "It's impossible your so called illness is a result of tress not the portal." His pair of knives appeared in Laisins hands as if they had appeared out of thin air but they did strike as vipers cutting trough some leaves as a flash of lightning to reveal a small opening in the bushes that gave away a peek at the Mayan city "This one of our problems." Laisin eyed Looney and Lucy "I do think a personal excuse is in place I tend to know things other people don't and get angry about it you have my apologies." The words sounded incredibly real because he always talked in a monotone voice so wile he was a bad actor lying was so easy because he never changed his voice not when he lied or when he spoke the truth but in this case the truth was simply that he would try to let both of them get killed. Lucy was sentenced to death for her greedy mind and Looney was far too easily manipulated so it would be a good thing removing such a weak link.

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by girlwt
She narrowed her eyes in Lucy's direction too, that one made her skin crawl. Lucy reminded of the type of girl who had no problem getting what she wanted and didn't care who she hurt in the process. A viper ready to attack the nearest target even its own master.

Yeah... but a snake would have been better company.

Her finger twitched on the string of her bow, but as quickly as the thought of violence entered her mind, it vanished. She wasn't the violent type, she would do what she needed to do to survive, and mostly likely protect, but outright violence wasn't her thing. Maybe that was what surprised her most about her death, her own twin had killed her without thought, with such a soulless look in her eyes. She had seen that look before in her own reflection, maybe which was why she hated looking at herself in a mirror. She could turn into her sister; she knew that if her sister had been swayed, then what was to say it couldn't happen to her.

She looked back at Laisin, dull as he may have been (which she hadn’t really decided on if he was or not), he was still more powerful in ways they weren't and she wasn't taking her chances without him. This didn’t look like it was going to be much of a team effort as it was, which in all honestly Angelique couldn’t care less. She looked at the ground, trying to keep her thoughts to herself, she didn't like the fact that he could read them, but she knew that he really couldn’t help; it seemed more like a curse then something that he was happy about. "Aren't we still missing someone."

More of that thought would have been, how long can we stand here without our enemy knowing of our presence. Her wager, if what Sorence had said to be true, was not long.

The setting changes from The Warriors Temple to Mayan City

Setting

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Sorence
"Lima!" Snaped a shrill, female voice. "I told you not to eat the sacrafices! What are you thinking?"

A pale hand tore at the skin of a disembodied arm, the other shoving the flesh into the man's mouth. "Well, I have many reasons." Mumbled the rather dark, twisted voice of Lima. "One, human meat makes others stronger than say, cow or dog. Two, those fools need to believe their almighty 'Gods' are taking their sacrafices, or they might be suspicious. Three, it tastes great. Four," Lima inturrpted himself by chomping down on the index finger. "why waste every part if we all just need is the heart? And finally," Lima's eyes grew bloodshot, a creepy smile spread across his face, sharp teeth showing all across. "it's fucking fantastic!" Screamed Lima, voice echoing throughout the forest as he threw his arms up in the air from atop the Mayan Pyramid where the colloseum resided. Now finished with the arm, he tossed the bone to his side where piles of them lay.

"Shhhhhh! Keep your voice down. Those Mayans down there believe I'm the only person up here. If they hear you, their mind control could be disrupted!" Whispered the woman in an agressive manner. "We are working with these aliens until they have enough power to leave this God-forsaken area."

A quick chuckle came from Lima, his bloody hand patting his flat stomach, leaving an imprint. "But, Zulu... aren't you from this time? Your mind is just as powerful as these primapes are!" Another loud laugh came from Lima. He then grabbed a leg in front of him, teeth coming down on the big toe, slurping noises came as the slid the skin and muscle off the bone.

Zulu's face became somewhat crimsion, which was surprising seeing how her skin was dark already. She tossed her mask off to the side, her purple eyes staring into Lima's. "What about you? We took you in from Alcatraz?"

"That means that I was just that badass. That was the toughest prison out there, and I survived until the boss took me in." He then began to wipe his bloody hands on a stone seat. "Oh, I almost forgot." He bent over and picked up the heart that lay on the ground. He walked into the center of the arena and stomped on the ground. After a few seconds, an ancient looking stone elevator came up and he steped inside. "Now, don't you have a show to do?"

The elevator went as quickly as it came. Zulu looked around here and shuddered. The bones of men, women, and children lined the arena's peremiter, and she hated that. She bent down and picked up her mask. She then walked over to the top of the staircase, carefully placed her mask on her head, grabbed her staff leaning on the side, and stepped out into the schorching sun.

Suddenly, her ears perked, eyes widening underneath her mask. "We aren't supposed to have renforcements. That must mean..." Zulu then thrust her staff into the air, and a black firery shot came off it. It traveled a couple hundred feet into the air, then shot off in several different directions.

Mayan civilians looked into the sky, the black aura obviously telling them what to do. The women and children ran inside the homes while the men grabbed spears. These spears though were the kind that shot beams that can burn holes through wood. They did not make them, but rather the aliens provided them as a gift so they could protect them until they left. The aliens goals may have changed though...

The setting changes from Mayan City to The Warriors Temple

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Wake
[Moved to forest.]

The setting changes from The Warriors Temple to The Mayan Empire

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Wake
"That man scares me. Can you try to keep him away from me, friend?" Looney tilted his head, then nodded. Laisin was a mean so far anyway. Looney might have said or done something at that point if he hadn't heard something.

"it's fucking fantastic!"

He pricked his head up, looking left and right with a sharp intensity. That didn't sound like the usual angry-man-that-yelled-at-him-in-his-head. His eyes searched across the forage for any sign of it's source. Not finding it, he apparently seemed to forget about Lucy and the rest of the group entirely and started to scale up the side of on of the trees. It would be impressive to see how fast Looney was able to climb up the foliage, but Looney had a lot of practice back at the mental ward from his common... excursions from his holding area. If he could shimmy up the pluming pipes between the walls, then moving up a bunch of tree branches and vines was only minor in difficulty.

Once he reached a suitable vantage point he began to look around again. He was up there for a few minutes, ignoring what calls the others might have made, and while he didn't spot what made the voice earlier he did spot something of interest.

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Thorait
Laisin
The first reaction to the question was to answer it but he decided she wouldn't like the 'they should have hurried' answer he had in store so he said nothing. He watched Looneu trail of and then his gaze traveled to the skies between some branches "Angeliqeu it seems you have been confirmed." The black signal shot into the air confirmed her thoughts "They can sense us that means one of them is gifted in magic if I look to Looney then another one is insane, species reacts best to others of his species after all and this kind of magic and insanity aren't found in one person so there two of them. We should move the Mayans have probably been enslaved and are probably also heading this way. I suggest we move to the city but first more to the west of our current position to avoid our possible attackers." He had seen many surprised faces at his gift for logistics and guesses but he didn't care only that they needed the shard was important.

The setting changes from The Mayan Empire to The Warriors Temple

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Morrigan desperatley wanted to get away after the scene between Looney and Laisan. She wanted to trust the Lucy girl but her instincts immediatly told her not to, no matter how much the dark haired woman wanted to be nice. "I want to g home",she said under her breath. She had seen what had happened to her former self, had felt the extreme grief before her swift death and she felt what for a brief moment what it meant to run on pure instinct. She didn't want that anymore, it was just to much. "They can sense us that means one of them is gifted in magic if I look to Looney then another one is insane, species reacts best to others of his species after all and this kind of magic and insanity aren't found in one person so there two of them. We should move the Mayans have probably been enslaved and are probably also heading this way. I suggest we move to the city but first more to the west of our current position to avoid our possible attackers." Mayans...they were in a jungle near the Mayan empire. Great, just grweat. Magic people and mental patients were going to come killed them. Letting out a small sigh, she pulled her head band down for a moment before re-adjusting it." The Yucatan penninsula that the Mayans inhabit is one of the homes of the Bothros Asper. Extremely irritable species of snakes known for its unpredictable nature",she muttered. It may have seemed strange but reciting something as simple as facts from her textbook kept her calm.

The setting changes from The Warriors Temple to The Mayan Empire

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by girlwt
It made sense to her...well she thought it did anyways.

"And the Mayan population is probably in the 10's of thousands, if this point of history is before the Spanish conquest, avoiding all of them is probably impossible,especially if they are being controlled by a magic user. I would possible suggest moving faster then we are currently traveling...maybe we could possibly find an opening to one of the underground reservoir's that could take us to the center of the city."

If there was one thing Angelique knew about it was history, of course so did her guardian, they spent hours watching the history channel together, and had fiery discussions about different standpoints in ancient civilizations.

"And if he wants to be lookout, I have no problem with it."

She didn't even look when he took the tree again moving faster then she could see. Yet she knew Looney was up there, looking around like he was on vacation. Hey if he wanted to get his head blown off first, then who was she to stop him. Even if she had doubts about Looney's character, ok yes he could be easily manipulated, and yes he was obviously insane. However he wasn't without the self-control to stop himself when he attacked someone (or at least he wasn't with Laisin). She did look up seeing he was staring in one direction looking at something with interest.

And she had a very bad feeling about what actually it was that interested Looney

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

Lucy blinked as Looney disappeared up a tree, slightly annoyed at his unfocused mind. Even so, she cast a careful glance up to him, curious as to what attracted his attention. Someone Lucy felt that everything the insane man did was for a reason, even if that reason was not immediately clear to those around him.

Lucy shook her head, deciding not to waste her time pondering such matters. On the subject of Looney, it would probably just give her a headache. Her gaze shifted to the others, simultaneously annoyed and amused by the two bookworms in her company. Lucy, although as well educated as anyone else, was never one to pour herself into history. It was dead, it was gone; learning about it would not make her any richer. 

She paused in thought to something  Angelique mentioned, her eyes dancing around the chattering forest before returning to the girl. "That underground thing, you think it could get us into the temple safely? I could probably find a tour guide for us," she said casually, thinking that any wildlife that she could summon out here would know the way.

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Thorait
Laisin
His first reaction to the fact the new trainees knew a bit of history wasn’t very pleasant he preferred to work with stupid people they followed orders much more easily but she had a point because she didn’t know they weren’t dealing with a organized searching force but a group of wild people that will follow there instincts to band up together instead of spreading out. “Let’s go, Lucy you understand Looney best and now you have made him aggressive towards me you’re the only person that can bring a goal into his mind so he’s your responsibility.” Laisin began to move trough the thick sea of green with the words “Do cover up any uncovered skin you have I believe bloodsuckers do live here and don’t make too many tracks.”

The setting changes from The Mayan Empire to The Warriors Temple

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by girlwt
"Well to tell you the truth, history is all speculation..."

It was a rather vague answer to Lucy's question, but who knows when and where they were in time, Mayan empire...but where in the Yucatan, if they were even in the Yucatan, Mayan civilization extended into parts of Central America too. The vagueness of their situation was what really got to her, and why couldn't they at least get a map. "But I do like your idea of a guide, the creature would certainty know more then we do and could guide us to a route a person wouldn't think of."

She looked at Laisin wondering why he hadn't said anything earlier about covering up skin, what exactly were they suppose to cover up with, it wasn't like there was a memo on proper dress code. She looked down at her flip-flops, well at least she could have thought of better footwear. She slipped them off and decided that bare feet, which was still stupid, was better then making that slapping sound everywhere she walked. She stuffed them on the inside pocket of her hoodie.

And well if she lost one, maybe then she could be created for eventing more comfortable shoe wear way earlier then it was suppose to be.

The setting changes from The Warriors Temple to The Mayan Empire

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Thorait
Laisin
The first sounds breached the strange silence, Laisin turned around and said a bit too loud "RUN, I will hold them of for a while all of you head to the pyramid." A shot was fired from the bushes but Laisin dodged the fierce bolt of energy easily and with a quick sprint and jump he was on top of the attacker invisible. He stabbed the shocked man in the neck breaking another persons rib into his heart by looking at him before he made a back flip ending front of another man stabbing him in both eye's dodging a shot that hit the now blind man but the bushes were holding him back because they limited his acrobatic skills. He couldn't throw his knives the wires would get stuck so he had to stab every one of the cursed mindless bodies. There were screams of course attracting even more of them but the screams were quickly silenced by the sound of a knife going trough flesh and soon blood began to get everywhere in the bushes just out of sight of the now if they were smart running trainees. Laisin hadn't made his choice to offer himself up for the mission instead he had done it because they could do it on there own with luck and because he knew he could survive this situation but really improve the changes.

View All »Arcs

Arcs are bundles of posts that you can organize on your own. They're useful for telling a story that might span long periods of time or space.

There are no arcs in this roleplay.

View All » Create New » Quests

There are no quests in this roleplay.

Add Group » View All » 0 Factions to align with

Here's the current leaderboard.

There are no groups in this roleplay!

Events

Soon™.

Game Master Controls

Welcome home, Promethean. Here, you can manage your universe.

Arcs

Arcs are bundles of posts from any location, allowing you to easily capture sub-plots which might be spread out across multiple locations.

Add Quest » Quests

You can create Quests with various rewards, encouraging your players to engage with specific plot lines.

Add Setting » 5 Settings for your players to play in

Settings are the backdrop for the characters in your universe, giving meaning and context to their existence. By creating a number of well-written locations, you can organize your universe into areas and regions.

Navigation

While not required, locations can be organized onto a map. More information soon!

The Warriors Temple

The Warriors Temple by Sorence

The place where your journey begins and where it will take you.

The Mayan Empire

The Mayan Empire by RolePlayGateway

Taking place in the 8th Century, the Shard is located under the main pyramid

Mayan City

Mayan City by RolePlayGateway

After exiting the jungle, you enter the massive Mayan city

Mayan Pyramid

Mayan Pyramid by RolePlayGateway

The Pyramid at the center of the city, it emits a strange aura from it.

Add Group » 0 Factions to align with

There are no groups in this roleplay!

Collectibles

By creating Collectibles, you can reward your players with unique items that accentuate their character sheets.


Once an Item has been created, it can be spawned in the IC using /spawn Item Name (case-sensitive, as usual) — this can be followed with /take Item Name to retrieve the item into the current character's inventory.

Mobs

Give your Universe life by adding a Mob, which are auto-replenishing NPCs your players can interact with. Useful for some quick hack-and-slash fun!

Mobs can be automated spawns, like rats and bats, or full-on NPCs complete with conversation menus. Use them to enhance your player experience!

Current Mobs

No mobs have been created yet.

Spawns

Locations where Mobs and Items might appear.

Events

You can schedule events for your players to create notifications and schedule times for everyone to plan around.

Permissions

Add and remove other people from your Universe.

Orphanage

By marking a character as abandoned, you can offer them to your players as pre-made character sheets.

Character Portrait: Vincent Malow
0 sightings Vincent Malow played by Corvan
Darkness

The Forge

Use your INK to craft new artifacts in The Shards. Once created, Items cannot be changed, but they can be bought and sold in the marketplace.

Notable Items

No items have been created yet!

The Market

Buy, sell, and even craft your own items in this universe.

Market Data

Market conditions are unknown. Use caution when trading.

Quick Buy (Items Most Recently Listed for Sale)

Open Stores

View All » Add Character » 12 Characters to follow in this universe

Character Portrait: Looney Ludachris
Character Portrait: Laisin
Character Portrait: Elena Brian
Character Portrait: Lucy Vex
Character Portrait: Jude Lindow
Character Portrait: Morrigan Lefay
Character Portrait: Angelique Morrow

Newest

Character Portrait: Angelique Morrow
Angelique Morrow

the greatest strength comes from within

Character Portrait: Morrigan Lefay
Morrigan Lefay

"I am the spirit of every cub and the suffering of every beast. Now hear my roar."

Character Portrait: Jude Lindow
Jude Lindow

I don't have time for you...Boredom is the potent poison and I seek the ultimate cure for it.

Character Portrait: Lucy Vex
Lucy Vex

Ultimate power? Sounds fun... But Shhhhhh. It's a secret.

Character Portrait: Elena Brian
Elena Brian

Warrior of Nature

Character Portrait: Laisin
Laisin

"The chance of corruption in this operation is too big to be assured of safety and success after we have retrieved the shards but no better opportunity has arisen so were stuck with gathering the shards."

Character Portrait: Looney Ludachris
Looney Ludachris

Oooooh, look at it! It's so small and cute and fluffy! I wanna hold it, and pet it, and hug itANDTHENSTABITVIOLENTLY and cuddle it and play with it and take it home with me!

Trending

Character Portrait: Looney Ludachris
Looney Ludachris

Oooooh, look at it! It's so small and cute and fluffy! I wanna hold it, and pet it, and hug itANDTHENSTABITVIOLENTLY and cuddle it and play with it and take it home with me!

Character Portrait: Jude Lindow
Jude Lindow

I don't have time for you...Boredom is the potent poison and I seek the ultimate cure for it.

Character Portrait: Elena Brian
Elena Brian

Warrior of Nature

Character Portrait: Morrigan Lefay
Morrigan Lefay

"I am the spirit of every cub and the suffering of every beast. Now hear my roar."

Character Portrait: Laisin
Laisin

"The chance of corruption in this operation is too big to be assured of safety and success after we have retrieved the shards but no better opportunity has arisen so were stuck with gathering the shards."

Character Portrait: Angelique Morrow
Angelique Morrow

the greatest strength comes from within

Character Portrait: Lucy Vex
Lucy Vex

Ultimate power? Sounds fun... But Shhhhhh. It's a secret.

Most Followed

Character Portrait: Looney Ludachris
Looney Ludachris

Oooooh, look at it! It's so small and cute and fluffy! I wanna hold it, and pet it, and hug itANDTHENSTABITVIOLENTLY and cuddle it and play with it and take it home with me!

Character Portrait: Angelique Morrow
Angelique Morrow

the greatest strength comes from within

Character Portrait: Laisin
Laisin

"The chance of corruption in this operation is too big to be assured of safety and success after we have retrieved the shards but no better opportunity has arisen so were stuck with gathering the shards."

Character Portrait: Lucy Vex
Lucy Vex

Ultimate power? Sounds fun... But Shhhhhh. It's a secret.

Character Portrait: Morrigan Lefay
Morrigan Lefay

"I am the spirit of every cub and the suffering of every beast. Now hear my roar."

Character Portrait: Jude Lindow
Jude Lindow

I don't have time for you...Boredom is the potent poison and I seek the ultimate cure for it.

Character Portrait: Elena Brian
Elena Brian

Warrior of Nature


View All » Places

The Warriors Temple

The Warriors Temple by Sorence

The place where your journey begins and where it will take you.

The Mayan Empire

The Mayan Empire by RolePlayGateway

Taking place in the 8th Century, the Shard is located under the main pyramid

Mayan City

Mayan City by RolePlayGateway

After exiting the jungle, you enter the massive Mayan city

Mayan Pyramid

Mayan Pyramid by RolePlayGateway

The Pyramid at the center of the city, it emits a strange aura from it.

The Mayan Empire

The Mayan Empire Owner: RolePlayGateway

Taking place in the 8th Century, the Shard is located under the main pyramid

The Warriors Temple

The place where your journey begins and where it will take you.

Mayan City

Mayan City Owner: RolePlayGateway

After exiting the jungle, you enter the massive Mayan city

Mayan Pyramid

Mayan City Mayan Pyramid Owner: RolePlayGateway

The Pyramid at the center of the city, it emits a strange aura from it.

Fullscreen Chat » Create Topic » The Shards: Out of Character

Discussions

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Most recent OOC posts in The Shards

There have been no posts in the OOC topic for this roleplay!