Announcements: Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » We grown out here, bby » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! »

Zenith Empire

Western Corner: Industrial Zone

0 INK

a part of Zenith Empire, by Muunchkin.

Loud, hot and inventive, the Industrial Zone holds the more brute, bulky and rough races that reside in Zenith.

Muunchkin holds sovereignty over Western Corner: Industrial Zone, giving them the ability to make limited changes.

590 readers have been here.

Setting

"In the Western Corner/Zone of the Kingdom of Zenith lies the great Industrial Sector. Innovation and new ideas thrive hear, noticeable from the constant cling and clatter of machinery and the hum of their power. Although it may be dirty to a slightly distasteful degree, it is far from the lows of Zenithian society. Since this is also where factories are situated there a lot of fumes released in this section of the kingdom. To combat the spreading of longterm sicknesses and a potential smog, there are giant fans circling this section of the Kingdom that push the gases out over the wall of the territory. These fans are skillfully decorated to only seem like a grand entrance to the Industrial Zone."
Create a Character Here »

Western Corner: Industrial Zone

Loud, hot and inventive, the Industrial Zone holds the more brute, bulky and rough races that reside in Zenith.

Minimap

Western Corner: Industrial Zone is a part of Medieval.

3 Characters Here

Jaek Immunem, Anima in de Immortalis [15] A Frostarian pariah turned mercenary.
Torm Voss [15] A man of a new breed of mankind. A mentalist, a protector, and a warrior
Narrator [12] Simply adds life to the scenes

Start Character Here »


1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
Hakon moved quickly, clawed feet clacking against the stone of the street as he paced himself. He was excited by the thought of working with machines and magic! He hoped they would have better tools than he did. He could smell the smoke and steam on the wind, he could sense the magic all around him. It gave him a sense of calm, as well as the excitement of finally being around his mental kin. His first order of business, occupation. He needed to find someone who would take him in and allow him work and time for experimentation. Hakon took the time to search for some things, such as an Inn or a notice board. Perhaps someplace to ask around for work. He could definitely do with some time to settle down.

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Jaek
Much to the salamander's relief to be sure, a large board sat in the center completely covered in papers of all shapes and sizes in numerous languages nailed to its surface front and back with notices, requests, work orders, and things of the like. The Industrial Zone was just that, industrial. Industry. Business. Work and find work. Droves of lower classed citizens could and would come to find work. Might as well make money with the time, however much you may have, afforded to you.

Among the crowd stood an individual taller than the rest. Dressed in a simple cloak much like his brethren, it was clear the stranger was a Frostarian. Rarely was there any sentience that stood near as tall as those Northerners did. But why? Why would such a being be standing here observing the bulletin board much like the rest who've come to search for work, news, or opportunity?

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
Hakon straightened his jacket, obscuring his gun far more than before. Doubtless if too many saw all of the shiny objects on him, they'd be inclined to try their hand at legerdemain, and try to make his possessions disappear. He took the moment to observe the Northerner, considering what exactly their species' relationship was. Hakon was akin to fire, to the ash-filled south. Whereas the Frostarian was precisely what the name claimed. They were akin to the cold, icy north. He'd heard tales from the Oldscales about Frostarians during times when the Salamanders were more tribal, and before the Cull had happened. Organized, Efficient, and Deadly were the words he remembered most.

This, however, did not deter him. He simply took time with his approach, making an even pace. He even attempted a casual wave toward the Northerner, as if attempting to hail him down for a conversation. After all, confidence and appearance were vital for a good impression. He waited until he was within a safe distance to speak, before actually doing so. It'd be rude to take the first word by simple assumption, though he doubted the Frostarian actually cared.

2 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Narrator Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

A beast of a being shuffled into the space beside Hakon. Tusks jutted from his mouth and started to curve upwards but didn't make a true spiral, only a slope. A quarter as tall as the lizard, Its skin was a midnight blue and it was swelling with muscles. The eyes of the beast were black but large as it breathed audibly and grumbled to itself in an deep tone and rough foreign language. Crossing its thick arms it gives a final snort before snatching a paper off of the board it had been staring at upon arrival. It then walked off, its shoulders hunched as the crowd parted for it.
Along with the Bull-Type being, many other workers, of all shapes and sizes, were crowding the board and taking a minute to examine its content before taking a paper and walking or scampering off. A few even came to add more papers to the board.

Overall none of them gave Hakon or the Frostarian the time of day. They were too busy.

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Jaek
Azazel was his name. The Frostarian had a knack for being inventive, especially when it came to warfare. He loved machinery no matter the material. Metal was the first word that came to mind when one thought of machinery, a common misconception to be sure. A machine was anything consisting of several parts that worked together to complete a specific task. What better place to survey machinery than the industrial sector of Zenith?

Curious as to why so many had gathered here at this board, Azazel had wandered over to see for himself. He was busy reading the many different papers until he had noticed movement in the corner of his eye. He turned to find a rather tall lizard, rather humanoid in stature, wave to him. Not many had shown that kind of friendliness or courtesy to him until now. Pleased, the Frostarian turned and waved back, a grin evident on his face.

"How do you do, friend?" he asked, glad to finally have someone to talk to. These mindless droves were so intent on finding work or fighting over work instead of the finer things of life that mattered most. "What brings you out to the smokestacks of the simulacrum of Zenith's wealth and production?"

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
Hakon, upon reaching the Northerner, was grinning as well. He was glad that he finally had someone else to talk to "I'm a recent arrival. Doing much better now that I'm off the road." he answers, smiling heartily "I'm out here looking for a chance to use my brain and my claws, rather than my muscles or my flames."

He reaches out one of his clawed in an offering of a handshake "My name is Hakon. Artificer and inventor by trade. And yourself?" he questions, attempting to be as friendly as possible to a potential partner. Two heads make for a better strategy than one, which is absolutely necessary for him at the moment. That, and this one seems to be much more personable than others he had met before.

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Jaek
A stark white hand took hold of the dark clawed one. "The name's Azazel, weaponsmith. I'm here working with the Frostarian Embassy located in the political district. It's good to see a friendly face around here, newcomer or not." Azazel grinned widely, genuinely happy to see another of his trade within the walls of Zenith. "I don't suppose you've already found something to keep your brain and claws occupied have you?"

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
Hakon grips his hand firmly, and with his usual heated grasp "A pleasure to meet you, Azazel. I'm glad to know that other warrior-races have craftsmen who value their minds over their steel." He says, before sighing heavily once the handshake ends "Unfortunately, I have yet to find some real work, not that I've had an opportunity to do so. I've only just arrived within the walls of the Industrial Corner. I've been in the city for about eight or so hours." he explains.

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Jaek
The Frostarian retracted his hand after the shake, feeling his palm with the other. For a cold-blooded critter, that hand shake had been rather heated. As he listened, the Northerner's features brightened up significantly. "Indeed. Others can use what I make for whatever they wish. I'm not much of a fighter when I don't have to be. I'd prefer to clank than kill," he chuckled.

Grinning wider than ever, really revealing his fangs, Azazel decided to give his new found friend a proposition. "Say, since you're so new to the city, allow me to get you a drink. We'll talk some business there and I'll see if I can get you set up. Part of an inventor's success is getting his name known. How 'bout it?"

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
Hakon nods his agreement with the northerner's statement on preferring crafts to war "I am in absolute agreement. I only fight when necessary, however that does not mean that I have neglected my strength or talents. After all, much of my talent was discovered while I was working with my weapons."

At the sudden proposition of a drink, Hakon's expression expands from a grin to a flat-out expression of joy and amusement "A drink sounds good right now, and working on something that might actually get me some commission, rather than sitting behind a desk or taking orders from some greedy manufacturing company." he states, before nodding "Let's get that drink."

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Jaek
The two made their way through the Industrial Zone, promptly nicknamed the IZ by Azazel, to small shack of sorts near the few shops that had dared set up in the smog-filled sector of Zenith's city. All the while the Frostarian had been telling Hakon all sorts of things about the city itself, whether it be its history, the weapons he'd seen the guardsmen use, Zenith's history with Frostaria and why the embassy was there, and other odds and ends of Zenith.

The shack was populated by a few tables here or there and a larger bar near the back with stools. The roof was a decent height but the Frostarian still had to duck in order to enter through the door. Upon their entrance, Azazel called out. "Two standard cold ones, Shaska. I've brought a guest."

Azazel was answered with a grunt emanated by Shaska, a blue porcine humanoid with a heavy set build and two small tusks sticking out from the top lip. "He better turn into a regular," her hoarse voice rang out.

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
Hakon listened intently while the Northerner spoke, adding in his own little points of interest or notice whenever he could, despite not really having a whole lot to say. He found that the guards' weaponry wasn't exactly the most efficient, but was certainly more effective, than his own peoples' weaponry for their usual warriors. When Azazel started to speak to him about the history of their peoples' he felt more than a little relieved that his own kind were not remembered about this area. Because that meant they wouldn't remember this place.

When they approached the shack, he was a little confused, before they'd finally entered and the structure made sense. Hakon stood quietly and waited for their introductions, before taking his seat. They had business to discuss, and a drink wouldn't make too much of a difference for his mental state.

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Narrator
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

In the small bar, the people here were more friendly. But this wasn't a whore house, just a place to quench one's thirst. Although it was a small establishment, the people gave it no rest. Two by two new customers walked in and ordered a drink or two, sometimes a group of a variety of beings walked in or a group of a single specie came in. The place wasn't quiet or loud, it simply had the comfortably hum of conversation over beverages, with the occasional shout or bout of laughter.

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Jaek
"It's a homely little place, isn't it?" Azazel smiled as he turned to nod in thanks to the porcine bartender. The Frostarian took the frothy drinks and handed one to his scaly new friend. "So you're here looking for a place to start. There's a lot of factory jobs you could work, those are always in endless supply. Corporations, businesses, you name it, all have a presence here in Zenith. For a monarchical country, the Zenithians are quite the capitalists. I don't doubt your abilities, my friend. You could easily become a big name and get hired right on the spot by a big business." The Nephilim's cheery demeanor quickly took on a serious tone. "So tell me, what are you really wanting?"

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
Hakon takes the cool mug with ease into his clawed hand. He listens intently to Azazel's speech, thinking intently on the words. As he listens, the images of his past and his people flash through the back of his mind. And for a time, his thoughts were cheerful, and his excitement was more than great enough for the anticipation he had possessed on his way here. However, when the Nephilim's tone changed, that was when he had decided to drink. His face turned grave, and he tossed his drink back, taking a long pull and draining his cup, before planting it back firmly. He displays his sharp teeth in a small grimace, thinking before he answers. His speech is clear, concise "What I want....Well, what I want the most is my own big name. I want my mind and my hands to be loved by many, and to be protected from enemies new and old. I want to be remembered by this city for centuries beyond when I turn Oldscales and die in my own flames, or fall prey to existential circumstances." he says, before adding "So, I suppose you could say I want what most want at my age. Power, wealth, and a legacy that can turn aside disaster." he finishes, swishing his pale flame at his side. These were his more selfish desires, but his extended desires were more focused on his own kin.

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Jaek
Azazel tossed his head back and chuckled loudly. "HA! Power, wealth, and a legacy you say? Some might call you human! AHAHA!" His laughter nearly drowned out all other conversation in the shack. "I'll drink to that, my friend!" And with that, he tossed his cup back and finished his drink just as fast as he'd started it.

Signalling to Shaska for another drink, Azazel turned on his stool, the poor wooden structure groaning beneath his weight, and faced Hakon the Salamander. "My friend, the best way to get your name out there is to get it known. Start somewhere small and work your way upwards. My name has some history to it. When people think of me, they think of my thousand times great grandfather, known then as a Watcher. It's just an easy correlation for Frostarians. I've had it somewhat easy but I've always wanted to start from scratch. Zenith is both my chance and yours, friend. Perhaps we can get some of our trinkets out there in the public, let 'em know it came from Hakon and Az."

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
Hakon laughs heartily alongside his newfound friend, smiling while he waits. He listens quietly to the Northerner's ideas, and briefly considers his suggestions and their potential. He strokes the scales on his off-hand for a moment, before nodding "Right. That's what we need to do. But, where to begin...?" he says, considering where to get materials for working up some suitable trinkets, and what exactly they could make that would catch public attention. He certainly wouldn't be able to press out any seriously dangerous items, nor anything that would make larceny or the like easier. His equipment was mostly defense-oriented. Items that could be useful for the local law enforcement or mercenary teams.

0 Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Jaek
"Ahhh... There be the dilemma." Azazel began stroking his chin in thought as he set down the now empty second cup. Suddenly, his features brightened as if a light-bulb illuminated above his head. "I know of some equipment and materials I can "borrow" from my workplace in the embassy. I have a forge and everything. Pretty nice of them, I'll say. I can go grab that stuff and we can set up a stall or something out in the marketplace perhaps. That'd draw some attention I'm sure!"

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
Hakon nods, smiling as his brain wanders to various plans he'd kept on him. Designs that would certainly keep him occupied for weeks to come "Absolutely. I've got my own tools for precision work, we can work well in tandem if everything goes according to plan." He considers, briefly, what exactly the Azazel could bring from his workplace into the city. For some reason, the image of the Northerner hefting an anvil over a shoulder and a bag of tools tucked under one arm kept popping up, it amused him "Need an extra pair of hands to get your equipment?" he offers.

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Azazel
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Jaek
"Once I move everything out of my work space yes, I could use the extra brawn. Other then that, it's decided!" The Frostarian rose his mug in the air. "To power, wealth, and legacy! To the city of success!" He downed his third and final drink.


(Continued in Streets and Alleys)

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Hakon Paleflame
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
Hakon lets a small puff of fire rise from his maw before nodding his agreement "Understood. I'll be sure to wait for you close by. Nobody should have to lug heavy things alone." he states, before raising his drink and giving a declaration of "Prost!" before throwing back his second of the evening, and rising from his chair.

(Continued in Streets and Alleys)

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Jaek Immunem, Anima in de Immortalis
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Jaek
The night had gone quietly.

Jaek currently sat atop the roof of a massive factory building sporting the brand logo of the apothecary business Sunnyside© and an image of its most widely distributed product called Sun Drops. Sun Drops were small candy-like medicines shaped like water droplets. From what Jaek knew, they were mixed with several kinds of herbs and infused with a tiny portion of some sort of healing magic. They could be sucked on or chewed to be ingested outright and were used for all manner of things be it to quickly dissolve a headache, fight a cold, or quicken the healing of a small cut, the product was versatile.

The Frostarian scowled. Magic-infused. He didn't know if the magic bit would work or not considering his ward. Not really necessary anyways. His immune system was all around superb in most cases. The fact that the off-the-shelf medicine may or may not work on him wasn't the cause for his foul attitude towards the business' product. It was the fact that this society was so dependent upon the arcane. Well... that wasn't true. It had its merits, but for a civilization to be so heavily reliant on magic instead of their own abilities, it didn't sit well with Jaek.

The sun had gone up in the sky, lazily rising above the horizon to bring its warmth and light to the denizens of the world below. Jaek quietly positioned himself above a window on the side of the building. He'd already removed the panes to prevent any risk of noise from breaking the glass when entering. He hadn't come in during night. The gangs were nocturnal entities, slinking about in the darkness under the nose of the guardsmen. Apparently Boff had a business front to continue activities during the daylight. The criminal lord had kept Jaek in the dark about operations such as these, and rightly so. It was a huge info hazard having a Frostarian mercenary with ties to the royalty of Zenith run about doing odd jobs. However early in the morning was perfect. Malicious activities would be slowing down so that "legitimate" business could begin shortly afterwards.

It was time to pounce and demand why his top paying employer had suddenly abandoned one of his strongest employees.

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Torm Voss
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
Torm arrived shortly after Jaek, keeping behind the Northern mercenary, but also keeping himself well hidden, judging by the near-invisible shimmer surrounding his body. It was a more advanced ability, and one he could not utilize for long spans of time. He clouded the perceptions of the people around him, making him seem invisible. However, rather than actually becoming invisible, he was merely an afterthought. A man moving in the corner of one's vision that would be difficult to recall and would likely shift position, should he be gazed upon.

However, once he'd stepped into position, he took a moment to finish off a small strip of some kind of meat, dried and preserved, clearly, but his presence seemed to grow once he had finally finished it. The Kiffar's strength was restored, and his connection flared up, allowing him further access to his more favorable abilities. Such as the Remote Viewing he was about to perform, should his current companion not stop him. This would hopefully get him an opportunity to scout ahead and make certain of their entrance's validity before they struck.

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Jaek Immunem, Anima in de Immortalis
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Jaek
"Y'know, when you're on the roof of a building. Alone. Supposedly. You kind of draw attention to yourself when you make yourself simply just a niggling, passing thought in the back of one's mind." Jaek slowly turned. He couldn't quite pinpoint the location of the Kiffar. He wasn't exactly interested in doing so either. "Sorry to spoil your fun, but you know better than that."

The Frostarian combed white fingers through his hair and looked back at the window he would breach. "Is my route at least clear? I'd rather not have to kick ass and take names as soon as I stepped one foot in."

1 Characters Present

Character Portrait: Torm Voss
Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

0.00 INK

#, as written by Smeath
"Well it was this, or nothing. And nobody will pay attention to me this way." the Kiffar retorts, as his vision sweeps through the Northerner's most likely path. Although things got a bit hazy, he could tell just how many people there'd be on his way through. It wouldn't exactly be the easiest of infiltrations, but it wouldn't be the loudest of infiltrations, either.

"I'm seeing two on your route. One should be coming to the window in ten seconds, the other is waiting outside in the hallways between the upstairs rooms. The first one should be an easy takedown. Just grab him and throw him up to me. Get in there right after, wait at the door, and grab the other one when he gets in. Choke him out, and you'll have a run to the entrance. I'll walk in the front, distract the topside guards under the inspection policy, and by the time you're down there, I'll have them all asleep, provided there's nobody with my level of willpower down there. Then, prepare for a bit of a loud entrance." Torm states, formulating a potential approach for them on-the-fly with relative ease.