Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Unlikely Romance

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Unlikely Romance

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Rosalind blushed when he stuttered and broke eye contact. She looked down at her hands and feeling more like a freak. This was the time when she hated being a vampire/fairy. If she could just live off fruits and vegetables like her mother she would happily eat with other people, but of course she required the blood to live.

James eagerly accepted the fact she changed the subject. His major seemed to be something he was interested in. He seemed to already have a career in mind which was good. Rosalind was still stuck on what she was going to do after this. She can't go back home. It was never an option. She left for a reason. "It seems you have your career lined up." She stated with a smile.

A waitress walked to there table with glasses of water. She was wearing a mini skirt, low v-neck, and her hair was tied up revealing her neck. Rosalind wanted to stab a stake through her heart. She felt like she was being tested to hold self control, but at the moment she wanted to kill the chick. Quickly Rosalind grabbed the glass of water and chugged half of it to take her mind off of it. The waitress ignored her and batted her false eyelashes at James. "What would you like to order?"

Clearly the waitress was not talking to the vampire/fairy sitting across from James. The girl was too busy trying to flirt it up with him. She didn't stop it because she didn't want to hurt the girl. But Rosalind was having a hard time holding back. James' hands were still on the table and Rosalind held them. More for self control than anything else.
Gir ♥

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solomon Blank on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:48 pm

James noticed the discomfort on her face and meant to speak, but it seemed they had moved uneasily past it, so he took that for granted. "It's been a while coming. I've got more loans now than I know what to do with... even with scholarships, I-" the approaching waitress halted his words. He was thankful for that, because there wouldn't have been a 'but' or 'at least'. The situation was probably as grim as it might sound. He kept telling himself he would find a break, something more to live off of. But what? He let the thought subside. No way it would spoil his great evening.

Turning his eyes to the waitress herself they widened, however subtly. The girl was cute, if only in a sudden way. He didn't recognize her from any of the faces of staff he had grown accustomed to. It was his reflex to smile. The look was, for him, a natural sort of politeness. He showed it to most everyone, regardless of attraction, and that wasn't necessary a good thing. Sometimes it sent the wrong message, especially among women. James only barely noticed Rosalind chug the freshly placed water out of his peripheral vision. Huh, his expression was unprofaned by the queer behavior of his date. He placed his order as if ignorant of it.

"...and I'll take that with a 'Voodoo Potion'," James wore a nervous smile while he ordered the gayly named drink. When Rosa took his hands his eyes widened, again, darting to her just momentarily then back to the waitress. The move was sudden and a little difficult to interpret. Her hands felt lovely, though, so he tried not to spoil it. He let his fingers fold over hers.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Solomon Blank
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:49 pm

The waitress nodded at his words and ignored Rosalind just as James did. She didn't take offense she felt pretty freakish and didn't want to be there anymore. The waitress turned and looked at Rosalind. "What would you like?" She asked. Rosalind smiled trying to pass off as normal, but that ship sailed when she chugged half a glass of water. "Just a burger. Rare." Rosalind said. The waitress cocked an eyebrow, wrote it down and left them.

Rosalind exhaled and was debating on whether not she should let go of James' hand. She has wanted to hold it for a while, but she didn't want him to freak out on her. She kept her hand there and ran her other hand through her hair. She embarrassed him and she felt bad. "I am sorry." She said. "For being weird just then." She finished. She didn't want to scare him away. He hates me... She thought to herself. She knew the waitress didn't like her, but Rosalind wasn't open to making new friends with rude humans.

Her eyes shifted from their hands to his eyes. They always seemed to link that way. Rosalind loved it. She held it there for a while and then shifted it back down to her hands.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solomon Blank on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:09 pm

"Huh? No, Rosa, you're absolutely fine." The look on his face quickly lapsed from one of concern to an immediately comforting and reassuring smile. He placed his other hand over hers and held it gently between them. He glanced at the waitress as she left and then back to her eyes. "What are you worried about?" His voice dropped in volume, perhaps raising in sensuality. He was taking in her face against the flicker of the lantern, momentarily mesmerized.

After a moment he broke the spell. His eyes drifted down to her hand in his, then back up towards her face. He spoke, then, without quite meeting her eyes... "Is this a... Well. Are we on a, ahm..."

Solomon Blank
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Rosalind was happy he didn't think she was weird because she definitely felt weird right about now. He was holding her hand with both of his and she didn't know what to do. She left her hand there hoping she was doing it right. "What are you worried about?" A hint of worry spread across her face, but she played it off. Oh nothing. I just want to kill the waitress for blood. She thought to herself. He would totally think she was weird. "I'm just thirsty." She replied hoping he would just get the point.

After a moment he seemed to stutter out a question. "Is this a... Well. Are we on a, ahm..." She smiled. "I hope so. You don't just take anyone to a place like this." She joked, but she was serious about being on the date.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solomon Blank on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:32 pm

James blinked a bit. Thirsty, huh? His expression relaxed, but the comment put him on edge. He understood it well enough. Rosalind was, really, an entirely different creature than himself. It wouldn't be easy to comprehend what all that meant. But vampires he had gotten perfectly used to, in all of their peculiarities, and so he wouldn't let that keep him from being comfortable around Rosa.

"I just didn't want to creep you out." James made a cheesy half smile, diverting his eyes and shrugging his shoulders as if to indicate a mild embarrassment. He withdrew his other hand so that he held hers with just one across the table. "I hope this- you know, this place and everything - wasn't too sudden. I mean, it's not like a reservations kind of place." With his free hand he ran his fingers through his hair. Ah geez... I'm trying too hard. James held back his nervous laugh and just played it easy. She wasn't being standoffish or anything of the sort, so he had nothing to worry about really. He just meant to relax.

(Work and courses double busted me this week, my apologies >.<)

Solomon Blank
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:47 pm

(It's okay my darling! I missed you though!! :3)

Rosalind saw he was a bit uncomfortable when she said that she was thirsty, but that didn't change anything. She felt comfortable around him and she had to keep her cool. Keeping her cool was the only thing keeping her from killing someone. Taking another deep breath she giggled at his comment. "You aren't creepy." She watched as he moved one of his hands away from hers. She was almost in panic thinking he was going to remove both hands. Thankfully he didn't.

James asked a question about the restaurant with his cute stuttered that she was starting to adore. "No it's perfect. I am glad you brought me here," she replied with a smile on her face. Honestly, she had never been on a date before this so she wouldn't know what was supposed to happen anyways. It was silent for a moment and she needed to say something that would keep the conversation rolling. "So what is your day like tomorrow?" For her she was going to go through at lot of first day basics that were generally going to be truly boring.

((Now I don't want you to be upset with me, but I am attacking the waitress. Rosalind is either going to hurt James or go on full rampage. The waitress has to go. Don't worry. It won't be in front of James and he won't even realize it. To be honest her bit makes you forget what happened and closes up on instant.))

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solomon Blank on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:00 pm

(Heh that's absolutely fine. Play it however you want. No one said first dates were easy :P )

Rosa's words put James a bit more at ease. A lot more at ease, actually. His hand relaxed on hers and he didn't think so hard about the thirsty comment. There was a part of it that, on some level, excited him. The animality of the desire, the sheer brutality of blood lust, was intense and arousing. But only in an abstract way, really. If he thought too hard about it it seemed crazy. Probably because it is crazy.

The question about tomorrow caused James' look to sober up some. There wasn't anything to dampen a high faster than the thought of the next day's work schedule. He recovered quickly, though, smiling weakly and nodding some. "Tomorrow my classes are light. None of that orientation crap, thankfully." He stuck his tongue out teasingly. "I'm heading over to the high school afterwards. They haven't fully started up there, either, but the teacher I'm working with likes to lay down a lot of ground work." It was difficult to tell whether James looked annoyed by this, or just passively uninterested. He liked the work he did, and even the instructor he had been paired with. But he wasn't fond of it eating up his free time.

"If I'm out of that jazz by the evening then I might put in a few hours with the city... but I'd just as soon safe that for the weekend." He shrugged off the last part without making an invested effort to sound free. It didn't seem like a bad idea, in his head, to see Rosa again tomorrow. But that was something that would best be decided after the conclusion of this first date. "What about yours?"

Solomon Blank
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:43 pm

(Got that right)

Rosalind nodded as he talked about his schedule for the following day and it seemed that he wasn’t going to have any free time. Some of the things he was saying seemed like he was uninterested in it. She didn’t make a comment on it of course. What kind of date would she be if she pointed out everything. Not a very good one. She was still stuck on the fact that she might not be able to see him tomorrow which was pretty bad. Even if they never went out again, he was her only friend. Then the question was thrown back at her.

“Well. I have to go through another minor orientation, attend my art classes, eat lunch, and then I am probably going to call my parents, and then I will just wing it from there.” Rosalind made her schedule so that she wasn’t always working and doing boring things. She wanted freedom and she was going to have it. “Oh! I have to take English and Math as well. Apparently it is a required thing.” She added with a laugh. Those weren’t her best subjects, but it was compromise for her art classes. She seemed almost too free while James was swamped. Almost like she had no life. But in her free time she going to be doing a ton of sketches for her portfolio.

Finally from what seemed like forever their food showed up. It was the same waiter that was serving their food. Rosalind removed her hand from James regretfully so that she could set their plates down on the table. She said thank you to the waitress but her gaze never left the burger. She didn’t realize how hungry she was until the burger was placed in front of her. Like a lady she put the napkin in her lap, but she attacked the burger groaning at the taste. She knew this wasn’t going to be enough, but for the time being she was going to pretend it was. She swallowed her first bite and looked at James. “This is really good.”

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solomon Blank on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:02 pm

As Rosalind shared her own schedule, James listened with a grumbling envy. He pined for that kind of free time. It was very much how he lived two years ago, acting of his own accord with a surplus of uncommitted hours and days. A nice way to live, he felt. Nowadays there was always some work to be done, or a meeting, or homework. It kept him busy and happy enough, but there was always the sense that he'd been sacrificing a great deal of freedom. He nodded to reflect mild sympathy with her required gen eds. Math was, admittedly, torture for him. It was a wonder how he had ever passed it in high school. Oh yeah, he thought, a lot of cheating...

When the food came along James smiled politely at the waitress and mumbled a quick "Thank you." He gingerly began to unfold the cloth over his silverware and laid it across his lap. He was inspecting his coffee with his spoon when he glanced up to notice Rosalind already teeth deep into her burger. The juices were blood red as they came running out of the patty and over the corners of her mouth. He blinked.

Dropping his glance to the plate, James was brushing the potato wedges on his plate away from his sandwich, his eyes not meeting hers until she spoke. She sounded ravenous. His expression was nearly blank, a forced veil over a feeling approaching sheer horror. When he opened his mouth it shifted to an even more forced smile, a nervous chuckle and nodded agreement. "This place is usually good." His eyes dropped back down to his sandwich. Can I eat this? He thought hopelessly. Running a single finger along the edge of the grained bread slice, he placed it in his mouth, appearing to contemplate before looking up at Rosa again. "This hummus is pretty spicy." His expression was nearly blank again. "Maybe you should have mine, too..." He edged his plate towards her with a small nervous smile, but in his mind he was feeding a velociraptor.

Solomon Blank
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 pm

(A velociraptor? Really? That hurts! :3)

Rosalind got halfway through her burger and she heard James talk about the humus. She didn't respond, but she reacted when he started pushing his plate toward her. Rosalind didn't know how to respond to it, but she quickly put down her burger and wiped her mouth. She was embarrassed and the look on his face proved that she looked like a monster. She wasn't even hungry for food she just wanted the blood, but she wasn't going to suck it out of the burger. She shook her head gently. "No I'm fine." She said not making eye contact. Her eyes were changing colors. She needed to drink more blood.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw their waitress heading to the bathroom. Her teeth started to extend, but she pulled them back in before they were visible. She looked back at him and her eyes flashed a bright red before returning to normal. "I am going to go to the bathroom." She said with an innocent smile. She got out of the seat and made her way to the bathroom. She was going to regret this later, but she needed to do this.

The bathroom was completely empty with just the waitress. Creeping up behind her, Rosalind mouthed the word 'sorry' in the mirror before grabbing the waitress. Rosalind covered her mouth and kept her from thrashing. Quickly Rosalind sunk her teeth into her neck and the waitress was silenced. Slowly pulling the blood from her neck Rosalind could hear her heartbeat. It was slowing down. When Rosalind felt she had enough she pulled off the girl and dropped her. The holes in her neck closed up and their wasn't any red on her outfit. Being part fairy her bites were completely different. They would close up automatically leaving no trace and make you forget you were even bitten. Rosalind was forever grateful to her mother.

Rosalind waited until the waitress woke up. She looked confused, but Rosalind just told her that she was like then when Rosa walked in. The waitress believed her and picked herself off the floor. Rosalind quickly left the restroom and slowly walked toward her table. She started to feel guilty, but she felt bad. And now she was going to have to go back and explain.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solomon Blank on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:01 pm

(Haha sorry for not getting a post up sooner!)

Rosalind's eyes didn't meet his when she spoke. That worried James some. He was afraid that he had offended her, but was almost doubly afraid of her behavior in general. He looked down. He was sipping at his drink uncomfortably when she spoke again. His eyes met hers and noticed them flash for just a moment. Her smile had its original sweetness, and yet was completely inappropriate to the situation at hand. He nodded quickly, just hardly muttered "Okay..." as she stood and left.

James was rigid. He sat quietly for almost a full minute. Then, finally, he took a deep breath and slid the plate back closer to himself. "I am hungry..." He mumbled to himself. Lifting the sandwich, he grudgingly took a large bite, chewing slowly. His eyes glanced around the room, taking in the surroundings. Rosalind wasn't the only person missing from the scene. He shrugged off the peculiarity of the dual absence and shifted his view out the window. A set of red sails were working their way up the bay and he smiled. The moon had risen full and the night was falling evenly over the setting sun. James lifted the coffee mug to his lips and swallowed.

Rosalind's eyes flashed in his head. The sudden image nearly caused him to gag and he sat the cup down with a clatter. He fished the napkin up from his lap and held it to his mouth, looking suddenly towards the restrooms. He cleared his throat uneasily and stared there at the entrance to the women's side. Those eyes... He thought. Blood red. James could almost feel his stomach turn. A sudden worry had fallen over him, but he couldn't place why. He laid the cloth back across his lap and continued to chew slowly at his sandwich. After a few minutes of the continued unease, he could see Rosalind returning. Reaching for his coffee, he raised it to his mouth and spoke from behind it, "Is everything alright?" He kept it raised there and drank slowly.

Solomon Blank
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Rosalind sat at the table and pushed the burger away from her. She was no longer hungry. She drank some more of the water that sat in front of her, but she no longer had a taste for it. It was actually making her nauseous. After the sip she put the cup down farther away from her. She looked at James when he asked her if everything was okay. He seemed to be a bit uncomfortable, but she didn't mention it. She didn't want to make this date any more awkward. "Yea everything is fine now," she said honestly. Without giving the full truth she just explained her situation.

James wasn't done eating quite yet, but he seemed to be eating quite slowly. Rosalind mentally slapped herself for over thinking everything that happens. She needed to think positive to stay positive. Out of the corner of her eye she could see the waitress leaving the bathroom as if Rosalind wasn't just in there. Rosalind felt relief. She didn't need a big commotion. Silently she praised her mother for being a fairy. The waitress did come by the table with a check in her pocket ready to give it to them if necessary. "Are you guys ready for the bill?" She asked politely still batting her false eyelashes.

Rosalind was going to let James answer this. This left another question hanging out into the air. Who was paying? It wasn't an official date, it just turned into one. She had her wallet just in case she was going to have to pay. Even if she didn't pay she was definitely giving the waitress a tip.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solomon Blank on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:54 pm

James nodded a bit more easily when she said everything was alright. By her expression alone he believed her. But it didn't really explain whatever had just happened, regardless. He wasn't going to pry into it here. If Rosalind meant to tell him what happened then she would, and if not then he could always ask at a later date. He returned to his food.

When the waitress arrived and asked about the bill James sat down his sandwich, bringing the napkin to his mouth with one hand and reaching for the billfold with his other. "I've got that." He said after swallowing. He flipped the black sheath open and, without looking at the receipt, slid his card into the plastic sleeve inside. Passing it back over to the waitress, he smiled politely then returned to his food. A few bites were left on his plate and he was finished by the time the woman returned.

"Well," James sipped from his coffee. "What do you feel like next?" He intentionally didn't address the awkwardness of their last fifteen or so minutes. Rosalind seemed to be fine now, and that was what mattered. Maybe it wasn't even a vampire problem like he might have guessed. Maybe it was just one of those strange woman things. Outside the window the sun had crept into the horizon, leaving just a pink stain stretching out from where it had disappeared. The sky above was blue and, because of the downtown lights, almost devoid of stars.

Solomon Blank
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Rosalind was glad the subject was changed and she was impressed that he was paying for her. She hid a blush that was dying to come up. "Umm..I would like to walk next to the water front," she said hoping it wasn't too much to ask. She looked out the window the waterfront couldn't look more lovely. The moonlight was dancing across the water making it shine. She was just dying to get over to it.

She took another sip of her water in front of her and she sat there a bit awkwardly. They didn't know much about each other and this date was kind of sudden. They needed a topic of conversation. "Do you like the school? The one you teach at." She asked showing that she was actually paying attention to what he was saying. She gave herself points for that one.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solomon Blank on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:51 pm

James' eyebrows perked at the question. It caught him a bit off guard, but he quickly smiled. She had listened plenty, apparently. "Yeah, I do. It reminds me a lot of my own high school. The nostalgia... It kills me sometimes. Hard to believe that was just a couple years ago." He laughed at the notion. It was kind of embarrassing, he thought, to miss high school. Maybe he just missed things being easier. And her. His stomach turned uneasily at the thought.

"But the students are fun to work with, and the facilities great." He pushed himself easily out of that subject in his head. The waitress returned with a pair of receipts and a pen, passing them over for James to sign. He quickly scribbled his signature onto one and returned it to her, pocketing his card. "So, how did you both enjoy your meals?" The waitress asked. She was smiling too widely and, despite addressing both of them, twisted to face James. He was easing his chair out from under the table and nodded casually, without looking at the woman. "Mine was swell." He looked to Rosalind across the table. Hers not so much. He would ask about that, maybe apologize to her later. He apologized often, for things he wasn't responsible for even. It was a bad habit.

James became mildly aware for a moment that it was the waitress who he'd noticed gone at the same time as Rosalind. It didn't register as odd for any reason, so he put it out of his mind easily enough. Just coincidence.

Solomon Blank
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Rosalind was listening to the respond and for a brief moment she thought he was a bit uncomfortable, but she thought it was the trick of the mind. He said the students were fun to work with. She didn't really understand why. He seemed to miss his old high school days. She never really experienced high school. Her family was isolated so whatever she learned she learned at home. And that wasn't much. "That's good." She said as the waitress came back.

She asked about their meals with a smile wider than the plate that sat in front of Rosalind. Clearly she was not talking to Rosalind. Once James signed and answered she decided to answer. "It was fine." She said subtly not talking about the burger. The waitress hardly recognized the words Rosalind said. She grabbed the receipt and left. Rosalind exhaled slowly and looked back at James.

"Um. Read to go?" She asked. She didn't want to rush him, but typically when someone pays for the meal the people leave. She really wanted to walk next to the water. It seemed lovely. Hopefully during this walk James won't ask questions about anything that might have happened. She wasn't good at explaining things.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solomon Blank on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:58 pm

"Yeah. Let's take off."

James rose from his chair, shrugging his shoulders and letting his jacket settle again. He had added a tip on the receipt, so there wasn't any cause to leave cash. He figured Rosalind didn't care either way. He made his way toward the exit, wishing the hostess a good evening as he passed and waiting for Rosalind down the stairs. The air was a bit chillier out than before, but not so much that it bothered James. He stood there looking out at the evening for a moment, pocketing his hands as a habit. When Rosalind was beside him, though, he turned and offered her a hand instead. He wore his typical smile as his eyes met hers. "Let's go."

The old street lamps lit the way down, misty orange orbs against the darkening blue sky. Along the bay James could make out the distant silhouettes of cranes and smokestacks from the shipyard. They were slowly fading into the night. This far down the bustle of the strip had thinned and grown quiet. There weren't many sounds at all, the ambiance so quiet that he could hear the clangs of buoys out in the water. James was thinking if they could reach the beach from this area, or if it would even be legal to do so. He wasn't beyond hopping a fence or two, but was also considerate of Rosalind.

"I'm glad we came out tonight." James spoke up suddenly as they walked. "This is too nice of an evening not to share." His hand tightened on hers some.

(This. Week. ._.' )

Solomon Blank
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:32 pm

(I know!)

Rosalind stood up along with James and followed him out. She saw him leaving a tip on the receipt so she put her wallet back into her bag. Quickly she checked her phone for messages. She was supposed to call her family today, but she wasn't in the mood to do so. She thanked the waitress for her service and food. Rosalind thought that was the least she could do for the girl. James was down the stairs waiting for her and Rosalind came down soon after. When they were standing side by side James offered his hand to her. She smiled back at him and took it. Best night ever she thought to herself.

The streets looked beautiful with the low lighting. It was perfect for this evening. It was absolutely silent except for the sound of their footsteps down the street. Even the clangs of the buoys sounded lovely. Rosalind was just in the romantic mood. And to make things even better James was happy about the date. She felt his hand tighten around hers and she knew this date was successful even though there were some fails. "I agree." This was a perfect couple evening. She didn't want to spoil it or have it end. It was almost to good to be true, but she wanted to hole onto as much as she could.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solomon Blank on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:02 pm

The buildings had thinned out this far. Ahead there was a wide cement walk that ran along the water with a light green handrail. Trees lined the waterfront in small plots and the waves crashing against the cement made a calming sound in their repetition. James scanned the small parkway that ran before them. It stretched on for a great distance to their left, around a bend even. To their right a wooden pier stretched out into the water, than another two cement piers beyond that. James could recognize the old Landing theater off in the distance, but most every other structure he saw here was industrial.

When they reached the railing before the water his hand casually raised to rest on it. Over the railing was an eight foot drop to a ridge of piled up stones. The ridge followed the wall and gave way to a small beach a bit further down. James was mildly surprised to only now be paying this area any attention. Typically work was on his mind at times like this. Now, more than anything, Rosalind was on his mind. He turned his head from the water and looked down into her eyes. Light of the full moon that hung in the sky was striking the side of her face and the entire situation felt unreal. Meeting the girl, the spontaneous date, the strange restaurant scene, and now she was just here before him. This is like a dream...

The disbelief must have been in his eyes. James almost wanted to pinch himself, but instead he asked with a voice almost detached from reality "Can I kiss you now?" The smile on his face softened and, without waiting for her to speak, he raised a hand to her cheek and leaned his face into hers.

Solomon Blank
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!