Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 »

Players Wanted: Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos »

Unmasked: Dissociative Mask Disorder

a part of “Unmasked: Dissociative Mask Disorder”, a fictional universe by Abraxas_Axis.

Superpowers and Horror in a Dark Eighties. Based off of the RP by the same name.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Unmasked: Dissociative Mask Disorder”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:26 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Unmasked: Dissociative Mask Disorder"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 3 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Author Arc Warden Tipworthy Group Theory Storyteller Promethean World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Inspiration Property Buyer Salesman Historian Lifegiver

Re: Unmasked: Dissociative Mask Disorder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi, so you can't create a 19 year old character? ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zaria
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Person of Interest Inspiration World Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Sure, I'd let that slide. College is acceptable, though your character might not start out with any sort of relations to the other PCs if they all do high schoolers too.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 3 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Author Arc Warden Tipworthy Group Theory Storyteller Promethean World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Inspiration Property Buyer Salesman Historian Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:13 am

Kay, and one more thing - I'm not familiar with 80's, at least not as familiar as I'd like to be...is that alright?

Zaria
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Person of Interest Inspiration World Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:30 am

It's basically now, except people didn't hog phones (the only phones were payphones and dial-ups), the only type of friend you could have was a real world friend because computers were just big boxes on which you could do math equations and play text adventure games, the music actually sounds like people put effort into them (plus, SOUNDBOARDS!), and other stuff. If you want more info, try watching Stranger Things. Or just looking it up on the interweb.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:12 am

Hmm, Kay :)

Zaria
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:49 am

Hey, so I'm looking at this, and before I commit to join, what're the rules of these masks? What *can* they do, what can't they? How are they made? What event signifies their creation? And what determines the powers?

Also, how many players are you looking for? And how long would the posts be about?
"In breaking news, the Sky. The Earth.

Life.

Existence as an unchanging plane with horizons of birth and death in faint distance. There is nothing to speak about.

There never was."

Klockwork0reo
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:49 am

Hi Klockwork!
Yeah, I was going to post the stuff about the mask, but I figured I'd wait till I knew who was gonna be playing. But you're right, I should probably just go ahead and explain it in a discussion. Going to do that rn.
Remember though, you don't start with your powers/mask. At the beginning you're a bunch of regular kids.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KingNothing on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:40 am

Hey, quick question -- is Boundary Bay a section of NYC or is it its own city in New York?

KingNothing
Member for 3 years
Visual Appeal Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:14 am

It's in it's own city in NYC.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:15 am

Hmm, question...
Will there be a special organization that investigates teenagers with said mask disorder?

Zaria
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:44 am

Yep. There will also be organizations that hunt them, want to lock them up and study them like lab rats, or cultists who worship them. Hell, even other Maskers! Not going to make them yet, though, not until the super-stuff becomes uncontrollable.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:43 pm

I see, I'm kind of tempted to interact with the early organization that is interested in helping them, rather than using. After all it's still a disorder ^^

Zaria
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:51 am

Don't worry, that's completely ok. Nobody's forcing you to be a super.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:41 am

Sorry to all, I've been busy the last few days, but I was given instructions to inform everyone that Abraxas will be off until the 28th. He said we should continue without him until he returns.
I'm not saying the voices are real, I'm saying they have some good ideas.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:59 am

Oh, alright...

Zaria
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Yeah, just try not to focus to much on Jen right now. Yes, I am on rn but I'm using a tiny phone and I have iffy WiFi. Will try to get as much as I can done.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:51 pm

Okay, I'm back everyone. You can all post now.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:48 pm

It would seem that King nothing has given up on the rp. Mason and Alonis are waiting for his response so at some point we might have to do a time skip or something to move past this point. I just wanted to assure you that my lack of posting wasn't for lack of interest, but a lack of response.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:51 pm

Yeah I kind of figured that. I'm kind of wondering if we should sort of just... take over his character or not.
Also, he hasn't just left the RP, but the site itself, far as I'm concerned. He hasn't been on since the 16th.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 3 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!