Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Unnamed Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Idea

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Unnamed Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Greetings,

I figure as my older methods didn't work, I'd try a new one. This Interest Check is hopefully the first step on a path to a successful completed RP.

It would be based on the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Games, but that's all I have. I want Plot Ideas for starters, and I hope you the community could help. This would be a massive project, so I cannot do it alone. Think of this Interest Check as a way to volunteer assistance in the project as well (for I could use one or two GMs alongside myself).

Ideas of all kinds for this RP are welcome in this thread. When enough interest and ideas are generated, I'll start the main set-up. I look forward to seeing the dedicated individuals who wish to see an RP through for a change. We can make this happen.

So, with that said, I am starting from scratch. Which means I am indeed open to all ideas and opinions. Fire away.

~BBClock

PS: Remember folks! This is also a topic to declare interest and participation, not just ideas! Please do consider doing more than dropping a few ideas, that is all!

~BBClock
Last edited by ClockworkTowers on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[center]"All artwork and ideas seen in my characters and stories have credit given to their individual creators, whether or not me or another individual is the creator in question."

"Now why not repay a favor and feed my hungry animals for me?"
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Group Theory

Re: Unnamed Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 am

No ideas or opinions yet, I'll get back to you on that regard... But I'm certainly intruiged by a roleplay of this type.
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Please, do take your time. Ideas aren't one day things.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Group Theory

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nocte on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Yeah, I'll be interested!

Nocte
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Could you please give ideas too if at all possible, Nocte?

This RP cannot happen unless it has a set goal and setting, which requires ideas. I can come up with things, but I want to see what the userbase will come up with and like to see that would make it more enjoyable for them.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigergirl4life on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:45 pm

well I have rped a pokemon before but never got the game I might give this a try all though my rping stinks to others but just to let you know I already called being charmander even though I won't always be on
I am a tiger loving girl who also likes dragons rping pokemon and well almost anything actually

tigergirl4life
Member for 15 years
Author Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:48 am

Hmm. I'm not sure if I'd be one to participate in this(as roleplaying pokemon or any creature in general just doesn't titillate me so) but as I'm a fountain of ideas I'd enjoy at least throwing ideas into the pool.

To start I'm a big fan of large scale events so I'm thinking overnight some big pulse of energy ripples throughout the world transforming everyone into pokemon and remolding time as if pokemon were always there. So instead of buildings buildings with doors now they're all ones without and you still live next to your neighbour with the wacky personality... but now he's a pokemon. The main group would involve pokepeople that retained memories of human times and would wanna shift the world back. The group could also have individuals without memories of human times. It's open.

Another idea is a group of people coincidentally in the same place, be it boat, plane, bus, elevator or whatever, get into an accident. Suddenly they're all pokemon. Ooooh. Now they wanna find a way to return home.

You could also have a pokemon or two trying to open up a new explorers guild and the troubles they encounter but that doesn't leave much goal deduced plot. It'd probably be some random pokemon exploring messing about until some legendary or somethinf stirs up trouble, they fix it, become famous and the end.

And those are my two cents. Have fun and good luck!
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:58 am

Likely I'll go the guild route, Raine, but thanks for your opinions. Please do consider participating in future projects! I might even implement some of your more...interesting ideas. ;]

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Ious on Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:06 am

Seeing that so far, Mystery Dungeon games have been dealing with the end of the world and whatnot, I think it would be a good idea to have Giratina and his Distortion World play a large part in the plot. Especially with the freaky physics of the place. Not to mention that it would make a very interesting dungeon to explore.

I'm thinking of something on the lines of "the guild found access to distortion world and opens up an outpost there" kind of plot.
qbsuperstar03 wrote:I've been looking at that username for God knows how long, and it JUST occurred to me how to pronounce it.

It's less like "Mister Eye-ous" and more like "mysterious."

Damn, I feel stupid.

Mr Ious
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:25 am

Maybe, Mr_Ious. I'm liking it.

Idea is appreciated, but if you also know anyone who'd like to join, please also let me and them know.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:38 pm

RedRaine's first idea sounds like what Crystal Flamedance (and her Glaceon fixation) keeps trying to accomplish. Basically, a book is read a page too far, and everyone in a town is turned into Pokemon. Life goes on, of course, but the book is gone, and those affected now have to learn to master their new forms and powers as well as how to get along in the wild, possibly befriend wild monsters in the process, all with the goal of getting the book back and undoing all this crazy shit.

If you can team up with her on this, hopefully the two of you can work something out. Other than that, perhaps play it like a normal RP. One idea I had for a solo story involved a Blaziken who was angry that his competitive-minded Trainer would cast him aside for Infernape, and took out his rage on everyone that crossed his path. It's up to a group of misfits whose lives have all been affected by the rampage to put a stop to it. (Of course, then Blaziken got Speed Boost from the Dream World and everything just went to shit after that.)

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Neither idea will work, but thanks for the suggestions. While I say this now, they might be implemented down the road! Thank you.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OxiriusZoom on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Hmmm... Sounds interesting, I would join and help with ideas... I'm just out of them for now, but I'll keep you updated ^^

OxiriusZoom
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OxiriusZoom on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:59 pm

I was thinking of Arceus being corrupted by some sort of evil force (pretty vague I know) but i loved the idea of the creation of a guild and the adventures that ensue

OxiriusZoom
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!