Untitled spring-inspired poem

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

For the assorted types of poetry.

Untitled spring-inspired poem

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:17 pm

A blossoming blueberry bush
Feels the graze
Of the morning's playful rays
That stir it with a gentle push.

As as the dawn begins to break,
Half-asleep
In the morning's quiet creep
A blushing bud is kissed awake.

(I'm open to constructive feedback)
Last edited by diabolicalxdamsel on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Untitled spring-inspired poem

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 am

Hi diabolicalxdamsel! I'm Sato, thanks for posting your work in the poetry section here. :) It's always good to see new content in here.

I really like this! I don't know about where you live, but where I'm from, we could really use spring, it's been a long winter, so these are very pleasant images to have. It was short and sweet, and I like a lot of the imagery.

The only thing I have to say that needs to be added is make sure there's a hyphen in half-asleep.

The other thing I have to say isn't a critique really, it's more an open question. Have you ever not carried over capitalization to the next line? When I write poetry, I often don't capitalize every line. I am just curious about if there's a right way or a wrong way to do it, or the reasoning behind doing it either way. Personally, I feel like having the capitalization can throw me off my pacing of reading.

Anyways, look forward to reading more!

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:01 am

Free verse is usually my thing, but as I kept revising this, I realized it would sound better with some structure.

So the capitalization is done more for the sake of structure.

The syllable count is kinda weird, but it goes

And the rhyme pattern is ABBA, CDDC.

And thanks for reminding me about the hyphen! It was in the original. Forgot to type it.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armin on Mon May 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Oooo I like the structure, its pretty chaotic it seems apart from the basic structure, but i never cared or knew anything about such. It is beautiful.

And,

"blossoming blueberry bush"

were these all b's on purpose?
I'm making up my mind to not decide

Armin
Member for 5 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!