Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Untold Tragedy [closed]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Untold Tragedy [closed]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thelastunicornaround on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:37 am

This roleplay 1x1 with Double Zer0 and thelastunicornaround

Name: Sidney Caldwell

Bio: Sidney went to New York to study acting after leaving Chicago and her life behind. She hasn't seen any of her old friends or spoken to anyone she knew since she left Chicago for New York. Now at 22 she's made the move to LA to become an Actress full-time, but in the mean time she's working as a dancer at a club in Hollywood to pay the bills. She's just waiting on that big break and with eviction looming over her head she could really use it right about now.

Name: Josh Moore

Bio: Josh has been living in LA since he graduated from high school in Chicago at 18. He moved out to LA after he'd gotten a record deal with a big label, only to be dropped from the label 6 months later after they signed another lady gaga wannabe. Ever since he's been trying to get onto another label but isn't having much luck. Lately he's been making his own music and posting it onto his youtube channel and gaining some recognition for it. It's only a matter of time before the big labels come sniffing around him again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thelastunicornaround
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Untold Tragedy [closed]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Double Zer0 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:25 am

Name: Samuel Bryte

Bio: Born partially blind, Samuel has always had a struggling life. After leaving Chicago at 17 to live with his uncle in the great state of New York, Samuel fell into a deep dark hole of depression. His mother became ill with Cancer at the age of 10, and she had insisted he live with her brother, Jeremiah, for a while while she got better. She was at the worst point in her cancer when Sam left. He wouldn't have left if it was his choice. He still remembers some of his high school friends, but is sure none wish to contact him. He felt he was always a burden asking people so many questions about the world of the seeing. He could only see blurry shadows. Sam started teaching himself guitar a year after being in New York. He refused to give up when he couldn't read the music, so he played by ear. After 3 years of hard work and determination, Samuel started playing for money. No other job would hire him for more than a month because he was a clumsy blind. Now, making barely enough to keep his uncle and himself in the tiny apartment they live in, Sam spends most his days and nights in places like the subway and parks playing for petty change and meals.

Name: Gwen Welsh

Bio: Gwen moved from New York after graduating high school to fulfill her dream of attending a big city performing arts college. Her father passed away at the age of 3 and passed down his beautiful violin to Gwen. She had been playing ever since. Now, at 21, Gwen is an exceptional player and fills every piece she plays with emotion. She now works at a small diner for a living and does alright to keep herself alive. She just hopes a scout recognizes her talent and introduces her to a whole new world of music.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Double Zer0
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thelastunicornaround on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Sidney

She looked both ways as she left the club pulling her coat tighter around her. The weather had turned bitingly cold as she'd been working and she was freezing her ass off in the tiny shorts and top she wore to dance in. Her pace quickened as it started to rain heavily down on her, she lifted her coat higher pulling it over her head to stop her hair getting wet. She didn't want to look like a drowned rat when she got to the bar for a drink, she was hoping she could make a little extra money tonight and pick up a guy. She did what she had to do to survive. After walking for what seemed like an hour in the rain she finally made it to the subway pulling of her coat as she walked down the stairs, groaning as he train took off just as she'd reached the platform. She looked around to find a bench to sit on seeing none and frowning again. She stood for a moment quietly thinking before she heard a quiet song, she looked around curiously nearly falling over herself when she saw who was playing it. She walked over standing in front of him knowing he wouldn't be able to make her out properly and dropped in her tips from that night before speaking.
"You know I always wondered what I'd say to you if I ever saw you again I mean you did kiss me the night before you left you giant ass face" she said to Samuel watching as he recognized the voice.

Josh

He mixed another drink passing it out watching the waitress as she worked. He hadn't been working at this restaurant long, it was better than the last bar he had worked at though. He knew the girl was familiar to him he just couldn't place her. He checked the stock in the bar and grabbed a few lemon's from the fridge to cut into wedges as he watched the dining area from behind the bar, it was a pretty slow night. He may even have a chance to work on a song or two if the manager wasn't lurking around.

thelastunicornaround
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Double Zer0 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Samuel

Sliding down a pillar in the subway Sam was very familiar to, he felt as if tonight was extra familiar to him. Maybe a case of deja vu, who knew? He gently slid the leather strap of his guitar off his shoulder and set it on his lap, brushing his fingers across the cool, familiar metal of the strings. He thought of the playlist he lined up for the night and began strumming to the song "Hallelujah" his voice wasn't the smoothest, but, though very odd, it seemed to mix with the sound of the guitar quite well and the sound created was haunting, yet calming. He heard change being dropped into a jug he had in front of him. Not as often as he hoped, but still, money was money. Being blind, he always feared his earnings to be stolen without his knowing, which had only happened once before, so he switched from a box to a jug so he could hear someone running off with it. As he neared the end of the song, Sam heard a voice that seemed familiar to him, but he wasn't too sure.

"You know I always wondered what I'd say to you if I ever saw you again I mean you did kiss me the night before you left you giant ass face"

Sam stopped playing and looked up, squinting as if it would help him see the figure better. He slowly set the guitar onto the ground and felt for the pillar to help himself up. "I never really was good at goodbyes, Sid." A small, solemn smile crept across his lips. "What brings you to New York? I sure hope you weren't searching for me?"

Gwen

Gwen sighed as she tried to explain to an elderly man that the price of drinks were slightly raised if they wished to add alcohol. She soon gave up and took the man's drink. She walked up to the bar and set the drink down before sitting at a stool. "He wants a bit of whisky in his coffee, I'll cover the charge, he's obviously not going to." She muttered the last part under her breath. She felt as if she knew the bartender, but never really made it a point to find out. Gwen looked around a bit. "Is Jim even in? I haven't seen him at all today. This is my second shift I've worked and I'm beginning to think he left us all here to fend for ourselves. Selfish prick." She sighed. Jim wasn't exactly her favorite manager. He was rude, perverted, and very lazy. How he became manager, she'd never know. Gwen took the coffee after the changes were made and hopped off the stool. "Well, I ought to get back to work. Only three hours and we're all out of here." She smiled.

Double Zer0
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thelastunicornaround on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Sidney

"You probably can't see this right now but I'm glaring at you" she said before moving closer and giving him a hug. "And I kind of live here, I just finished work for the night I was on my way home" she said as she looked him over. Samuel hadn't changed much, his hair had grown a bit longer and he had a bit of a goatee going on. "You look good Sammy" she said using her old nickname for him as she watched him. "Why are you down here anyway? It's not safe for you to be down here at this time of night" she said scolding him with a small smile forming on her lips.

Josh

"And thank god for that" he said smiling at Gwen as he went back to making drinks surreptitiously covering the cost of the old man's coffee whiskey combination with a tip he'd gotten earlier in the night. He glanced at the clock calculating how long it would take him to get home after his shift ended in a few hours. He had a video to record for his last song he'd written and his subscribers were getting restless from his daily vlogs about not seeing it up yet. He mixed another drink passing it out to one of the other waiter's as he continued to survey the restaurant looking for the manager who had gone outside under the pretense of having a smoke an hour ago making him subconsciously scratch the nicotine patch he had on his arm as the waitress walked back over. "I'm pretty sure the manager went out for a smoke, but he's probably with that blonde hostess he's been eyeing up every shift."

thelastunicornaround
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Double Zer0 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:37 pm

Samuel

Sam smiled as he felt Sidney pull him into a hug. He could feel that she had been out in the rain because her clothes were soaked. "You look good Sammy" Sam chuckled. "I wish I could say the same to you." He raised a hand. "Mind if I...?" He trailed off, hoping she would understand what he meant. Sam placed a hand on Sidney's cheek and gently felt her face. He smiled when his fingers brushed against her lips, remember his last night with her. "Why are you down here anyway? It's not safe for you to be down here at this time of night" Sam motioned his hand to the ground where his guitar lay. "I play music here in my spare time. During the day, everybody is in too much of a hurry to slow down and listen to the music, so I usually play here at night, and in the park during the day." He cocked his head to the side and shrugged. It was a goofy gesture that he had been known to do quite often. His mother used to call it his "tick". It was always his go to gesture. "You said you lived here? Since when?" He furrowed his brows. It pained him to know that she was here all this time and he never knew, he would have tried to contact her if he did.

Gwen

Gwen served the man his spiked coffee and told him the expense was covered, which sent him into a tizzy about how he didn't need any charity from a diner waitress. Gwen blew off the insult and walked back past the bar. "I may need a drink here pretty soon to get me through the rest of this night." She sighed and rolled her shoulders. Her back was aching from being on her feet all night. Gwen made her way to the kitchen to pick up an order for a family of five. The three small children had already chewed through their packs of crayons so the mother insisted she hurry before her children started eating the table cloth. Gwen was just about to serve them when a man called her over. "I'll be right with you." She served the family with a polite smile as the man called for her again. "Just a second please." She insisted. She was about to pour the father another cup of coffee when the man tapped on her shoulder, causing her to nearly pour hot coffee over the small child seated next to him. Gwen apologized and turned to the rude customer. "I'm sorry sir, but I was busy at the moment, could I help you with anything?" The man looked upset. Gwen put on her most helpful smile. "Yes, I would like to know why you got my wife's order wrong?" Gwen looked at the man's table to see a very upset woman. "I'm so sorry sir, let me fix that for you." Gwen started for the table but the man stopped her. "I demand our meal be free." Gwen looked confused. "I can't do that sir, but I can offer you half off on your meal for the error." The man looked furious. "It'll do, but I don't plan on returning here. Poor service and mediocre food, you can expect that getting out." Gwen sighed and walked to the bar as the man made his way back to his table. "About that drink now." She huffed and looked at the clock. One and a half more hours.

Double Zer0
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thelastunicornaround on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:40 am

Sidney

"I moved here for college" she said after he'd asked when she had moved here. "I studied acting" she nodded. "Didn't do much good though, still haven't gotten that break" she said smiling a little sadly. "I had an audition today, but I had to miss it to go to work" she said pulling her wet coat around her body to try and warm herself up. "Got bills and rent to pay" she nodded as she surreptitiously stuffed some more notes into his jar. "Your voice and playing were beautiful by the way, your better than all the crap they play on the radio"

Josh

He grabbed a glass pouring some rum and coke into it. "On the house" she said giving Gwen a warm smile a she took a seat at the bar sipping her drink. "You know you look awfully familiar" he said as he cleaned some glasses. "Did you used to live in Chicago by any chance?' he asked as he put them away glancing back at her. "I used to be friends with this group and you look exactly like this girl who I was friends with, Gwen her name was" he said as he began cutting some limes for those who liked to drink the tequila.

thelastunicornaround
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Double Zer0 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Samuel

Sam raised an eyebrow when she mentioned acting. He never really thought Sidney as the acting type, but then, he also could never tell. "It's a shame that work causes you to set aside a dream." He shrugged, cocking his head. "But what do I know? I sing in a subway for my 'job'." He laughed and rubbed his chin when she complimented his singing. "Thanks, I've been working hard to sound up to par with some of the other performers I've heard, but I've never really come close. It's nice to know that someone thinks I sound pretty well." Sam smiled then patted Sidney's shoulder. "You should probably be getting home, it's not really that safe of someone like you to be wandering the subways at this time of night." He felt his way back down to the ground and placed his guitar on his lap. "I'll be hearing you around more, now that you know I'm here, right?" He asked. "I'd hate for this to be our only meeting in the near future." Sam smiled wide and pulled Sidney's hand to his lips. "Farewell, Sidney."

Gwen

Gwen all but fell onto the bar stool, brushing her bangs out of her face before taking a sip of the rum and coke. "You know you look awfully familiar. Did you used to live in Chicago by any chance?" Gwen looked up and studied his face hard. "Yes, how did you-" "I used to be friends with this group and you look exactly like this girl who I was friends with, Gwen her name was" Her eyes widened as realization his her. "Holy crap, you look so different!" She exclaimed, her mouth agape. "You sure grew up well." She chuckled, staring in complete disbelief. "I can't believe it's been so long, are you still in touch with her? Sidney I mean?" She took a long sip from her drink and shook her head, waving her hand in dismissal. "She and I had a falling out after high school, I haven't seen her since." She sighed and crossed her arms on the bar. "Wow, it really is a small world, huh?"

Double Zer0
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thelastunicornaround on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:27 am

Sidney

"I'll be hearing you around more, now that you know I'm here, right?" she heard him say. "Of course I'll come visit you Sammy, maybe we can even hang out" she said blushing as he kissed her hand. "I'll come see you again after work tomorrow" she said before he said farewell. She quietly stuffed the last of her tips into his jar before walking onto her train as it arrived. She found a seat next to a tired looking business man and put her Ipod in her ears, she smiled to herself as Hallelujah played quietly in her ears. It had been nice to see Samuel again, seeing him had made her realise how much she had missed him since he left Chicago and how she'd fallen so quickly for him before he left. She rested her head against the train window looking out at the darkness of the subway tunnel she felt a little giddy at the thought of seeing him again after work.

Josh

"Wow, it really is a small world, huh?" he heard her say making him smile. "It sure is" he replied nodding. "No I haven't heard from her since she went off to college" he said nodding. "I do know Samuel is here though, he plays guitar on the subway at night. "I usually bring him something from the restaurant to eat" he said nodding. "God it's so good to see you though" he smiled. "But you and Sid had a falling out? What happened there? You were like sisters" he said a little surprised as he got himself a glass of water.

thelastunicornaround
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!