Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Use Raidcall Today!!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Use Raidcall Today!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:53 am

Raidcall is a low latency voice communication software that video gamers use for voice communication with their friends, members of their guild or clan, and even for viewers of their live stream to join. It’s fast in setup time, light on bandwidth usage, and it’s completely free with no need to rent or setup servers. A Raidcall group can hold up to 10,000 people, has low CPU usage, minimum memory footprint allows for smooth uninterrupted communication experience.

I’ve been looking for a viable replacement to Skype for a very long time because of how laggy, frustrating, and difficult it can be to sustain a steady stream of voice communication over Skype with just another person that has a mediocre internet connection. On top of this, the Raidcall group is hosted on another server and not on a user’s computer for the voice chat like it is on Skype. This makes the delay between hearing a response from one person in a voice chat session of ten people almost instantaneous with Raidcall compared to Skype.

How Skype is has higher latency is the call that is initiated is hosted by the person that initiated it. The more people that are in the call the higher the latency is for everyone. In addition, when you have multiple people that are in a Skype call a voice message from one person must be sent to the host of the call and then is distributed to the other people in the order in which they were added to the call. The worse the internet connection of each individual call the larger the delay will be for each person to receive one person’s voice message.

There are other voice chat softwares out there that video gamers use, but they require knowing ports, IP Addresses to the server, and other things that functionally are annoying to deal with for the most part when all you need is simple voice chat communication with other people. It also isn’t just for professional gamers wanting to interact with their followers and fans, but an affordable (completely free) way to communicate with others.

So come join the Raidcall today and bring your friends, guild members, and clan members! Everything is setup for everyone to enjoy with their friends. There's even a spot dedicated to Roleplay Gateway for all of you wonderful people to take advantage of. You might even meet some new people to roleplay with! :)

Search for the Raidcall Group with either of the following pieces of information.
Raidcall Group#: 5893871
Raidcall Group Name: Cryptic Gaming League

Download Link:
http://www.raidcall.com/download.php

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Use Raidcall Today!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Did you just become an advertisement?
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Nah, he just had a nerdgasm, is all.

It's gonna be a pain getting even half of my contacts to transfer over, though.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:04 pm

This isn't an advertisement at all and it isn't that hard to move contacts over. The idea is to replace Skype with Raidcall because it functionally is better. It's a lot more community friendly compared to Skype and your personal information isn't being compromised either. Also, it isn't a nerdgasm. I don't have those. I've mentioned that I was going to post the article up in the past month or so.

Also, for those that don't understand how voice chat works on Skype, the call quality is based off the host of the call. And if you have let's say three people in the call this is how one sentence is sent between people.

The host says something, it goes to the first person added to the call, then it travels from that person to the third and so on. So if the first person added to the call talks, it's sent first to the host, then is sent to the rest of the people in the call in the order in which they were added. If any one of them has a terrible connection you can notice the lag.

Raidcall doesn't have this issue since you're connecting to a server and you simply send the message to the server and it's distributed out to everyone connected to it (in this in of Raidcall to everyone in the same room/channel as you). So if you have around 200 ms (basically ping) it will take you that long to send the message to the server and to receive messages from it.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:33 pm

So basically it is like ircstorm or a similar server, in my case I use Icechat, and I like it and will stick with it. Bit raidcall I looked at it, it looks pretty nice, but I am not sure if it is something I want to worry of installing. I do not use skype as it is already. Don't really like the idea of skype personally, there is nothing wrong with it, I just do not like the idea of it. But that is just me.

Now using a server there are several I have access to when using Icechat, irctorm, freenode, etc. Heck icechat is just a chat client for a IRC server. rarely do I see lag for others or myself and it pretty much works like the pad system.
"What happens in Hyperspace stays in Hyperspace" ~ Cynthiana of House Kuat concerning her and her husband Radimus' 'training sessions'

Awinita
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Storyteller Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy Beta Tester Lifegiver Property Buyer Bug Hunter Greeter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Raidcall is casually strong-arming its way into the lives of eSports fans by throwing handfuls of money at the industry, which I am totally okay with. From what I can tell of it, it's definitely a good program and I love that I found someone here who knows about it.

I still use Skype for personal stuff. The organization I write for has a Raidcall channel and it's really easy to get everyone all together. I wonder what will happen to Ventrilo after the dust settles.

Hooray Raidcall, more people should check it out. I wish they had a Mac version.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Yeah I still use Skype for personal stuff but it's also mostly for business related things, such as collaborating with others on business projects, discussing marketing/advertising, etc.

Once people start understanding that traditional messenger software is pretty terrible, they'll move to other things that are more secure and functionally are superior.

As for Ventrilo, that program isn't going anywhere because it was the first mainstream voice communication software ever created. One of my business friends was one of the original beta testers of it and actually was friends with the original creators of it and my friend's name is Marcus Eikenberry for those that don't believe me or want to look into it. Not sure if that kind of information is available on the internet though.

Although I do use Skype for personal stuff, I'm trying to move more of that to Raidcall as well as business related stuff. A lot of the people I talk to and follow have had issues with Skype because of DDoS and DoS attacks. Raidcall solves that for me and I really don't feel like getting a VPN or something very unnecessary like that.

Plus, voice chatting with other people is a lot more effective than reading what people have to say. You could have two conversations going on at the same time or be able to write your post while talking with other people. That pure multi-tasking.. :D

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!